1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will we know others in Heaven?

Discussion in 'For New Christians' started by baby_dove, Nov 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baby_dove

baby_dove New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Someone told me that those who get to heaven will not know each other. Husbands and wives will meet each other as if for the first time, etc. if they ever even meet. Is this true?

2. Lyle

Lyle I am last minute stuff

Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Well, we have no evidence of what it will be like on that day, all we can do is look forward. As often thought, heaven won't be this place where we sit on clouds with white trimmed edges... We will have all our senses and will enjoy them there ( for our bodies will be risen and made perfect). I believe we'll know people there, but it won't be so important as people think... We'll be mainly concerned about seeing and whorshipping Christ

3. Judilyn

Judilyn Once Ej or Erin-Joy now Judilyn or Lynn .

Faith:
    Christian
    Yes we will know each other. I will know that my husband was my husband on earth even though we will no longer be husband and wife. I am glad that there will be no saddness in heaven because that would make me sad.

I will know others who have gone before me and those that I led to the Lord.

Heaven will be a wonderful place.

4. Lyle

Lyle I am last minute stuff

Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Where do you draw that from?

5. Big Mouth Nana

Big Mouth Nana Post Tribulationist

Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    1st Cor. 13:12 ~ For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am KNOWN. This is saying that we will be know each other basically.

6. cyberwing

cyberwing Blessed beyond the curse!

Faith:
    Christian
    Baby Dove,
    Yes, we will know one another as we are known here on earth but things will be different. We will be like the angels Jesus told us. We will be happy filled with joy and love and we will be with our true Beloved, Jesus and Father God and The Holy Spirit! We will be in the most amazing place, seeing all of His wonders that we simply are too limited to understand right now. Heaven will be glorious! We will get a new name but that will be a special name from God, I heard a teaching once that says this will reflect our service to Him on earth. I sure hope mine isn't lazy!!! LOL!
    Yes, Baby Dove, think about it this way, God is love, HE does not let love die. Therefore we will love those we love here but we will be joint heirs through Christ all of us working together. I get excited thinking about our home! :hug: Do not fear, heaven will be wonderful and exciting!
    :hug:~Cyberwing

7. Mr.Cheese

Mr.Cheese Legend

Faith:
    Christian
    Well, we knew who Moses and Abraham were at the Transfiguration.
    Jesus was recognizable after his resurrection.

If you want to go back to the old testament, Saul called Samuel from the grave.

So given that information, I believe we will still know each other.

8. pmarquette

pmarquette New Member

Faith:
    Protestant
    Where do you draw that from?
    story of Lazarus and the rich man in the Gospels
    Luke 16 , verses 20-24
    rich man recognized lazarus the beggar
    rich man was miserable, suffering
    rich man entreated father abraham

9. baby_dove

baby_dove New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Thank you all for replying, it means a lot to me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.