NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When american Christians get killed for they're beliefs?

Yes it will. It won't happen overnight but it will happen. I doubt it will be Christians being herded into gas chambers, but it will come in the form of Kristalnacht-type uprisings where the government doesn't take any action, except to stop us from defending ourselves.

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, when they do the things the early church did in the book of Acts; such as rebuking evil spirits; healing scores of people on the streets; sharing all possessions as one; being filled with intense manifestations of the Holy Spirit.

I believe that those are the things that will happen as a result of the persecutions, which will intensify the efforts of the Enemy and his earthly minions to break us up again.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

No that will never happen. The US population is 77% Christian and the Constitution guarantees freedom of religion. We will never get killed for our beliefs. Unfortunately, some misguided people in the US kill non-Christians for their beliefs. And there are some paranoid people who believe that the government will take away people's guns and then they'll be killed but they're equally misguided.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Maybe if they go overseas to countries that disallow evangelism like Iran, North Korea or China, for example, and then said Christians blatantly disregard and disrespect those rules. Then yeah, maybe.

Upvote 0

BryanW92

May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No that will never happen. The US population is 77% Christian and the Constitution guarantees freedom of religion.

If it ever becomes costly to be a Christian, then that 77% figure will shrink considerably. Perhaps 1 in 20 American Christians would suffer for their beliefs. Don't believe it? Tell your church that the A/C will be turned off one Sunday in July and see how many come to church that day. Then, of the ones that show up, tell them that someone will come and egg every car in the lot in 15 minutes and see how many are left.

The first and fourth amendments have become a joke. They want to take the second away. The IRS is actively persecuting the opposition party. Freedom of religion has become a freedom FROM religion (send you kid to public school with a bible and a Christian t-shirt during Ramadan and see how far your freedom of religion gets you in the ObamaNation).

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If it ever becomes costly to be a Christian, then that 77% figure will shrink considerably. Perhaps 1 in 20 American Christians would suffer for their beliefs. Don't believe it? Tell your church that the A/C will be turned off one Sunday in July and see how many come to church that day. Then, of the ones that show up, tell them that someone will come and egg every car in the lot in 15 minutes and see how many are left.

The first and fourth amendments have become a joke. They want to take the second away. The IRS is actively persecuting the opposition party. Freedom of religion has become a freedom FROM religion (send you kid to public school with a bible and a Christian t-shirt during Ramadan and see how far your freedom of religion gets you in the ObamaNation).

If you really believe this then I feel sorry for you.

1) Who are you to judge other Christians? In my church if you told the people that the A/C would be turned off and that someone would egg every car then we would all decide to meet somewhere else.

2) Who are you to call the Constitution a joke? "They" want to take the second amendment away? If the people of this country vote to repeal the second amendment to stop the killing then so be it, that's democracy. (Or don't you believe in that basic right?) The IRS is actively persecuting the opposition party? The IRS is not a party and they don't persecute anyone. The prosecute people that form non-profits solely to avoid taxes. In case you haven't followed the Supreme Court, they just strengthened freedom of religion.

Again, to return to the OP topic, Christians are as safe in the US as in any country in the world, but the Constitution guarantees freedom of religion for all , not just Christians. Buddhists, Muslims, atheists, etc. are protected, as it should be if you understand freedom.

Reactions: Gnarwhal
Upvote 0

BryanW92

May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you really believe this then I feel sorry for you.

1) Who are you to judge other Christians? In my church if you told the people that the A/C would be turned off and that someone would egg every car then we would all decide to meet somewhere else.

2) Who are you to call the Constitution a joke? "They" want to take the second amendment away? If the people of this country vote to repeal the second amendment to stop the killing then so be it, that's democracy. (Or don't you believe in that basic right?) The IRS is actively persecuting the opposition party? The IRS is not a party and they don't persecute anyone. The prosecute people that form non-profits solely to avoid taxes. In case you haven't followed the Supreme Court, they just strengthened freedom of religion.

Again, to return to the OP topic, Christians are as safe in the US as in any country in the world, but the Constitution guarantees freedom of religion for all , not just Christians. Buddhists, Muslims, atheists, etc. are protected, as it should be if you understand freedom.

If the people of this country vote to repeal the 2nd amendment, then I'll accept that. But when the administration chips away at it by executive fiat and bureaucratic regulation, that's NOT democracy. That's totalitarianism. When the people vote for concealed carry or open carry and a judge decides that they didn't really mean that so he throws out the results of the vote, that's totalitarianism.

BTW, doing away with guns won't stop the killing. It will increase it since criminals are mentally prepared to do horrific violence and knives and bats work just fine for them. Can you defeat a prison-trained drug-pumped thug with a knife when you wake up to find him in your bedroom?

When I said that the IRS is persecuting the opposition party, I knew that the IRS is not a party. But it is an alphabet agency that is under the Dept of Treasury, an executive cabinet-level agency, which is under the control of the President of the United States, who is a proud and devoted member of a party. The IRS is doing what it's boss tells it to do.

So, because your church would move because the A/C is broken, you think that the 77% of Americans who are nominal Christians would endure suffering for their faith?? Keep dreaming! By your own admission they wouldn't suffer a bit for their beliefs. What if they couldn't move?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ForJesusChrist

Follower of Christ
Feb 26, 2014
✟18,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I agree with everything you said. Really thoughtful post.

Upvote 0

retlaw

Dec 2, 2010
✟8,606.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I believe that time is coming. It's not really important what the law says because what we have seen in the last few years is that those in power will enforce laws that do not exist and ignore laws that do. Once you reach that point their really are no laws.

Upvote 0

RBPerry

Christian Baby Boomer
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2013
Northern California
✟86,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

I truly wish I could disagree with you, but I can't. Good point of view.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tremble

^.^/
Feb 15, 2014
✟16,927.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
he was killed for promoting black rights not for his faith

Do you think Jesus would support or condemn the actions MLK took to promote equality between two different races? Or a third option that he'd not care one way or the other?

I'm assuming, when put so simply, you will probably say he would support equality between races. From there it's not particularly outrageous to suggest that MLK and his supporters were doing something which would demonstrate the values of Heaven here on Earth. At least, I'm assuming you'd agree that it's a value of Heaven for people to show love to one another despite their skin color.

From there, it's reasonable to suggest that anyone who was killed or hurt (both of which happened) in the demonstration of those values fit the criteria of the OP.

Upvote 0