Will the American Religious Right Wing turn against Israel if Bibi Loses?

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Honest question.

If Bibi loses, and Israel's Ruling coalition turns out to be Center-Left after this election, will the American religious right wing support their liberal/leftist policies or will they oppose them, and therefore find themselves in a position of opposing Israel itself?

Reactions: seashale76

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Honest question.

If Bibi loses, and Israel's Ruling coalition turns out to be Center-Left after this election, will the American religious right wing support their liberal/leftist policies or will they oppose them, and therefore find themselves in a position of opposing Israel itself?
Seems like wishful thinking on the part of the American "left".

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seems like wishful thinking on the part of the American "left".

Well, we wont have to wait much longer to find out. Polls just closed.

But just for fun, how would you personally reconcile your opposition to a left leaning Israeli Government?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The religious right has always supported Israel, regardless who is running the country as Prime Minister.

Good Point...I guess they already do support Israels leftist policy of Universal Health Care for all citizens... Just don't let 'Muricans have it.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good Point...I guess they already do support Israels leftist policy of Universal Health Care for all citizens... Just don't let 'Muricans have it.

The only serious proposal for Universal Health Care that I know of was the one crafted during the Clinton administration and American citizens rejected that in all the polling data that was done on the subject. To actually believe that some outside force or group or sinister power is keeping us from having it is possibly a case of self delusional or some other similar inability to accept reality. I, personally, oppose the current situation in which the U S government and the big insurance companies colluded to force the citizenry to buy the big insurance companies' health insurance products at record high prices. Health Insurance is not the same thing as Health Care anymore than Collision Insurance is the same as Collision work. As for what Israel does within its borders, well , that is Israel's business and frankly irrelevant to what the U.S does within its borders.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Honest question.

Israel has had left-leaning governments before.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/18/world/middleeast/israel-election-netanyahu-herzog.html?_r=0

Apparently it's still Too Close to call:

The Zionist Union said, essentially, not so fast. Reaction in its headquarters was a kind of stunned silence. Israeli news media reported that Mr. Herzog had already spoken to ultra-Orthodox leaders who control 14 seats.

“We may build a coalition with other partners, we can bring down the government — I just advise everyone to wait and see,” said Nachman Shai, a senior lawmaker.

"“Both parties have the same number of mandates, so there is no reason to celebrate on the Likud side,” he added. “They’re trying to cash the check and create a certain atmosphere of victory. We’ll do the same.”

Shelly Yacimovich, another Zionist Union leader, said on Israeli television: “What I see is a tie; the game isn’t over.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The only serious proposal for Universal Health Care that I know of was the one crafted during the Clinton administration and American citizens rejected that in all the polling data that was done on the subject. To actually believe that some outside force or group or sinister power is keeping us from having it is possibly a case of self delusional or some other similar inability to accept reality. I, personally, oppose the current situation in which the U S government and the big insurance companies colluded to force the citizenry to buy the big insurance companies' health insurance products at record high prices. Health Insurance is not the same thing as Health Care anymore than Collision Insurance is the same as Collision work. As for what Israel does within its borders, well , that is Israel's business and frankly irrelevant to what the U.S does within its borders.

Seems to me if we just Lower the Medicare eligibility age to 0, problem solved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No. They are blind followers of the Zionist Jews. It doesn't really matter who is in power.
I'm not that up on Israeli politics but wasn't it the Zionist Jews trying to unseat Netanyahu?

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Honest question.

People still support America with Obama in office.
Just because the people elect someone that thinks differently doesn't mean the country is worthless or can't be saved.
Just like when you are in the minority party, you campaign to keep those in power from doing the worst of their agenda.

No one just sits "in the back of the bus", while the party in power charges down the road to destruction.

Upvote 0