Will Sunday worship be the downfall of many Christians.

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
While this is true; I have found that many Adventists over emphasize some aspects of the law to the point where we give people the wrong ideas about how to be saved.

I have sort of adopted a phrase that helps me explain this to people: "The law is the gospel concealed; Grace is the gospel revealed."

When you think about it; we are not even saved by "faith alone;" for faith is not our Savior, Jesus is. (John 1:29)

True enough.

Upvote 0

stinsonmarri

Dec 3, 2010
I am currently in Greenville Georgia
✟16,090.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Why do we as SDA only harp on the Sabbath commandment when most of us do not keep it ourselves? We listen to all type of unnecessary things in Church service on the Sabbath, go and eat at restaurants, open our mail, joke, allow other in our household to go to work, and eat heavy meals then go to sleep and much more. The Sabbath is the weekly Feast day Lev 23:1-4, and not a monthly day as some claim. They need to understand basic English grammar, "and" is a conjunction connecting two thoughts! The Bible says that the remnant will keep all of the commandments and not just the Sabbath.
One that have been over look base on poor choice of word in the English is "in vain," through the Bible the Father and the Son declare those who serve them will know Them by Their correct name. How many of you want someone to call you a wrong name but you do it to Yahweh Elohim and Yashua Elohim and the Holy Spirit Elohim (Ex 23:13) is very simple to understand. What is a ghost people so why call the Holy Spirit that pagan Grecian word? Jews hated the Greeks so an angel comes to an Israel woman and gives her a Greek name, how ridiculous! By the way, Emanuel is Hebrew and correct.
We put our parents into a nursing homes instead of doing to them what they did for us, take care of us! This also meant we should respect all elderly people some political parties don't think so they want to take away their SS and Medicare. USA is selfish and want even work to get a fair universal heath for all that is stealing. Hating each other base on color is a sin and to outright murder, a seventeen-year-old child is sad. Coveting each other is big time in the world, some even kill or murder to have what is not his/her own! If you look at Eve, she first lied, than she coveted and stole what did not belong to her, she did not remember her Creators or the Father celebrated Sabbath and dishonored her parents The Elohim. So when you break one you break all the others.

Happy Sabbath,
stinsonmarri

Upvote 0

Contented

Aug 1, 2011
Barbados
✟15,773.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why do we as SDA only harp on the Sabbath commandment when most of us do not keep it ourselves? We listen to all type of unnecessary things in Church service on the Sabbath, go and eat at restaurants, open our mail, joke, allow other in our household to go to work, and eat heavy meals then go to sleep and much more. The Sabbath is the weekly Feast day Lev 23:1-4, and not a monthly day as some claim. They need to understand basic English grammar, "and" is a conjunction connecting two thoughts! The Bible says that the remnant will keep all of the commandments and not just the Sabbath.
One that have been over look base on poor choice of word in the English is "in vain," through the Bible the Father and the Son declare those who serve them will know Them by Their correct name. How many of you want someone to call you a wrong name but you do it to Yahweh Elohim and Yashua Elohim and the Holy Spirit Elohim (Ex 23:13) is very simple to understand. What is a ghost people so why call the Holy Spirit that pagan Grecian word? Jews hated the Greeks so an angel comes to an Israel woman and gives her a Greek name, how ridiculous! By the way, Emanuel is Hebrew and correct.
We put our parents into a nursing homes instead of doing to them what they did for us, take care of us! This also meant we should respect all elderly people some political parties don't think so they want to take away their SS and Medicare. USA is selfish and want even work to get a fair universal heath for all that is stealing. Hating each other base on color is a sin and to outright murder, a seventeen-year-old child is sad. Coveting each other is big time in the world, some even kill or murder to have what is not his/her own! If you look at Eve, she first lied, than she coveted and stole what did not belong to her, she did not remember her Creators or the Father celebrated Sabbath and dishonored her parents The Elohim. So when you break one you break all the others.

Happy Sabbath,
stinsonmarri

You hit the nail on the head. It seems SDA's focus on that one commandment. When we deny the name of Jesus that is what will be our downfall. A coworker who wife was SDA told me that SDA's keep one command and break 9. If people are not careful they will find themselves in an idolatrous way paying more attending to a specific day rather than to God.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You hit the nail on the head. It seems SDA's focus on that one commandment. When we deny the name of Jesus that is what will be our downfall. A coworker who wife was SDA told me that SDA's keep one command and break 9. If people are not careful they will find themselves in an idolatrous way paying more attending to a specific day rather than to God.

Amen...:)

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private

I would imagine that this was pretty easy for you to say...looks like you are casting that "first stone." (John 8:7)

Upvote 0

stinsonmarri

Dec 3, 2010
✟16,090.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Col

2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of
an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

2:18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and
worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath
not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

I truly suggest that you read these Scriptures again my friend. It clearly state no one has the right to judge in meat, which is, not flesh but food. The main staple food is bread. Drink he is referring to is wine. This is Yashua's supper and he was telling the Colossians that those Jews who accepted Yashua still wanted to whole on to the Mosaic Laws, these were not they were speaking by YAHWEH and Yashua. Also, He spoke about a holy day or the new moon and the Seventh day Sabbath that all were to continue until the Savior come back was shadow or reflection of Yashua to come. This is also provided in Dan 7:25 and the Catholic Church clearly states that she has the power to change festival and the first one she thinks she changed is the Sabbath. What has been misquoted by the King James' scribes is the false translation that there are ceremonial sabbaths and that incorrect. If you think not than show even in the KJ, it is not there. The Sabbath is a Feast Day and there are six others ones, only the Day of Atonement are called a sabbath but they are not Elohim's but ours read Lev 23. Our sabbath is very different from YAHWEH'S Sabbath. His day is a day of celebration because He coast from creation to be worshiped. All unfallen worlds and the angels celebrate the Sabbath because it is universal. Every time beings were created on one of Elohim's Worlds, it was done in six days and the Seventh day was a celebration of what was created. We were the last to be created and He again follows His rule throughout the universe.

Finally, I want to say we must keep all the Command of Elohim because it will not only be about the Sabbath or Sunday. The proof that Sunday is like any other day now you can even purchase alcohol. The Bible never mentions that the last days would just be on some Sunday law but breaking all the commandments of Elohim! The remnant will keep YAHWEH'S laws and have the testimony of Yashua! Rev 12:17! These will people come from every nation, church and creed that will stand in the last days beside just SDA'S that remain faithful. Many of them will fall not being prepared.

Blessings,

stinsonmarri

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
I truly suggest that you read these Scriptures again my friend. It clearly state no one has the right to judge in meat, which is, not flesh but food. The main staple food is bread. Drink he is referring to is wine. This is Yashua's supper and he was telling the Colossians that those Jews who accepted Yashua still wanted to whole on to the Mosaic Laws,

Blessings,

stinsonmarri

John, chapter 7 tells God's people to "judge righteous judgment." (7:24).

How can it be unscriptural (judgmental) to remind people of something God says to "remember?" (Ex 20:8)

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

BTW; the Bible does not call the Sabbath "Mosaic;" rather, it calls it "the Sabbath of the Lord thy God..."

But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: Exodus 20:10

It would seem to me that your current understanding of Colossians 2 needs some review, and reconsideration; or you can only be seen as using scripture to say scripture is void and cancelled.

Scripture contradicting itself? really? :confused:

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,074.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
John, chapter 7 tells God's people to "judge righteous judgment." (7:24).

How can it be unscriptural (judgmental) to remind people of something God says to "remember?" (Ex 20:8)

BTW; the Bible does not call the Sabbath "Mosaic;" rather, it calls it "the Sabbath of the Lord thy God..."

It would seem to me that your current understanding of Colossians 2 needs some review, and reconsideration; or you can only be seen as using scripture to say scripture is void and cancelled.

Scripture contradicting itself? really? :confused:
You have to go by the whole of Gods word, Old and New Testament, or you loose a lot.

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
No; she did not hit any nail on the head.

Also, "It seems" is a poor way of proving anything factual here. The Sabbath is all about the "name" of Jesus, which, by the way, has little to do with a specific word that we may call Him. The "name" above all names, is His character. Not a man-made word that we decide to call Him. And the Sabbath exemplifies His name/character perfectly.

The Sabbath is central to our worship of God. The memorial of Creation, it reveals the reason why God is to be worshiped: He is the Creator, and we are His creatures. "The Sabbath, therefore, lies at the very foundation of divine worship, for it teaches this great truth in the most impressive manner, and no other institution does this. The true ground of divine worship, not of that on the seventh day merely, but of all worship, is found in the distinction between the Creator and His creatures. This great fact can never become obsolete, and must never be forgotten." It was to keep this truth forever before the human race that God instituted the Sabbath. And this is why God said "Remember the Sabbath..."

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,074.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No; she did not hit any nail on the head.

Also, "It seems" is a poor way of proving anything factual here. The Sabbath is all about the "name" of Jesus, which, by the way, has little to do with a specific word that we may call Him. The "name" above all names, is His character. Not a man-made word that we decide to call Him. And the Sabbath exemplifies His name/character perfectly.

The Sabbath is central to our worship of God. The memorial of Creation, it reveals the reason why God is to be worshiped: He is the Creator, and we are His creatures. "The Sabbath, therefore, lies at the very foundation of divine worship, for it teaches this great truth in the most impressive manner, and no other institution does this. The true ground of divine worship, not of that on the seventh day merely, but of all worship, is found in the distinction between the Creator and His creatures. This great fact can never become obsolete, and must never be forgotten." It was to keep this truth forever before the human race that God instituted the Sabbath. And this is why God said "Remember the Sabbath..."

We have to be careful on not just falling into legalism but learn the reason behind what God gives us including the Sabbath.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stinsonmarri

Dec 3, 2010
✟16,090.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't see where Paul is talking about willful disobedience to God in these verses. In fact, the context is exactly the opposite. The people to whom Paul was writing did these things and Paul chastened them for their adherence to the Law of Moses. You cannot bend the meaning of the Scripture to fit your opinion. That is a no-no.

phoenixdem:

Is Paul above ELOHIM? And he did not nor would Paul go against the MOST HIGH'S LAW. Paul clearly said the law is Holy and the Commandments are Holy just and good. The problem with most folks they read only portion of the book of Colossians. Paul kept the Sabbath and he was telling the Greeks Colossians who were now keeping the Sabbath that they did not need to be judge by the orthodox Jews in doing the right thing and that is eating meat (meat means bread, look it up) and wine YASHUA'S Supper and not the passover supper. New Moon is not a Feast Day but each one including the Seventh Month are the first day each month to assemble and come to worship. Isa 66:21,22 states that every New Moon all will come before HIM and worship also every Sabbath day. Holy Day are the yearly Feast Days of YAHWEH and the Sabbaths is correct the Sabbath and not some made up ceremonial days people come up with. Now Paul told the Corithians who were making a speckle out of YASHUA Supper that was held at midnight of the Feast of Unleaven Bread to keep the Feast without leaven of sin. Cor 5:6-8. The Sabbath was kept in Acts and the Feast Days. Confusion comes when you don't understand that the orthodox Jews wanted those who follow YASHUA to keep the Mosiac's Laws that were written in a book. YAHWEH Laws and Moses laws were both given by the MOST HIGH, but one was nailed to the cross the other is binding today!

Happy Sabbath,
stinsonmarri

Upvote 0

stinsonmarri

Dec 3, 2010
✟16,090.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
We have to be careful on not just falling into legalism but learn the reason behind what God gives us including the Sabbath.

Why do people say be careful about being legal? If you were on trial do you want your lawyer to be legal or just present fairy tales? I am proud of being legal because legal according to the Bible is righteousness and not sinning. Under the Righteousness of YASHUA I will stop sinning and be legal because all those who make it in will keep the MOST HIGH most LEGAL Law in the universe.

Happy Legal Sabbath,
stinsonmarri

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Why do people say be careful about being legal? If you were on trial do you want your lawyer to be legal or just present fairy tales? I am proud of being legal because legal according to the Bible is righteousness and not sinning. Under the Righteousness of YASHUA I will stop sinning and be legal because all those who make it in will keep the MOST HIGH most LEGAL Law in the universe.

Happy Legal Sabbath,
stinsonmarri
You go ahead and be "legal" all you want. lol. The actual word you are referring to by that other poster is "legalism," which is quite a different word, with a very different meaning. Being "legal" pertains to the following dictionary definition: "Established by or founded upon law or official or accepted rules" and that is a good thing, when it comes to the ten commandments; however when one gets "legalistic" about those commandments; it then goes by the following definition, again, from Word Web Dictionary: "Strict conformity to the letter of the law rather than its spirit"

The Jews were very legalistic, atleast some were, and Jesus spoke out against legalism in many ways during His ministry here on earth.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,074.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You go ahead and be "legal" all you want. lol. The actual word you are referring to by that other poster is "legalism," which is quite a different word, with a very different meaning. Being "legal" pertains to the following dictionary definition: "Established by or founded upon law or official or accepted rules" and that is a good thing, when it comes to the ten commandments; however when one gets "legalistic" about those commandments; it then goes by the following definition, again, from Word Web Dictionary: "Strict conformity to the letter of the law rather than its spirit"

The Jews were very legalistic, atleast some were, and Jesus spoke out against legalism in many ways during His ministry here on earth.
and Christ also showed them the purpose of the Sabbath.

Upvote 0