Will God admit people who are religious but racist into heaven?

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
Heavenly Jerusalem- Mount Zion
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No. It has nothing to do with "how most 'black people' dress." Most African Americans I know are more offended by people dressing in that fashion than most Caucasians.

How many African Americans do you know?

Upvote 0

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Call a few of your local black pastors and ask them what they think about the style.

Or just check snopes.com:

I asked for origins of baggy clothing. The link you gave me is for "sagging pants".

There is a difference between the two.

PS. Also the link you gave me is not reliable. All they have to go with is hear-say.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I did not say it was a sin. I said it was a choice, and as such, a display of fruit.

Do you imagine that you're doing black people any good? Do you imagine that if you walked up to a poor black Christian and said, "I understand your children have to dress gansta because you're poor" that he'd thank you?

Oh, so just because someone loves to wear baggy clothing, they are a gangster now?

Newsflash! Some like to wear their clothes baggy because they are overweight. Others love baggy clothes because all their friends dress the same way or because they feel more comfortable in such clothing.

Have you ever been to a predominantly black church service? If you have, was everyone there dressed in baggy clothes?

No, they were not. Stop inventing excuses for black people that black people do not want.

Lecrae, an African American Christian rapper wears baggy clothing. Maybe it's a generation thing.

lecrae.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟839,594.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh, so just because someone loves to wear baggy clothing, they are a gangster now?

Newsflash! Some like to wear their clothes baggy because they are overweight. Others love baggy clothes because all their friends dress the same way or because they feel more comfortable in such clothing.

Lecrae, an African American Christian rapper wears baggy clothing. Maybe it's a generation thing.

lecrae.jpg
I'm inclined to think it is generational. For young people, the pull of wanting to look like their peers is very, very strong.

Our church is mixed race. MOST of the married couples in it are interracial. There are black/white married couples, white/Asian married couples, black/Asian married couples, one other white/Native American married couple besides my husband and me, along with the pastor himself being white and married to an Asian lady. Seeing a married couple both of the same race is actually the exception, not the rule, in our congregation. Pastor says he's heard other clergy express envy that his congregation is so diverse, and wonder how they can get theirs that way. I don't know for sure that being part of an interracial marriage himself has anything to do with it, but it might.

One couple, a black man married to a white woman, has twelve children between them, sort of a "yours, mine, and ours" kind of setup. Some are black, from his prior marriage, some are white from hers, and of course theirs together are biracial. Therefore it's safe to say most of the children and youth are biracial, or the people they most closely associate with are.

And nobody at our church sags. By which I mean, deliberately belting the pants around the thighs, exposing the underwear or the posterior.

They don't generally wear suits and ties either, but that's sort of a different thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by Lion King
How many African Americans do you know?
I don't know. I don't keep a tally of such things. :doh:

Enough to know that the idea that "black people dress like thugs" is an awful stereotype that is not reflective of reality.
:D

Does anyone?

Upvote 0

ladycounselor2be

Jan 22, 2014
✟7,674.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
TWO CENTS
but I'm really up to four now....!

I think that those who are religious, are never far from racism. Jesus himself address the Sadducees, & Pharisees on their practices being religious. "Full of piety, and self-righteousness". It doesn't take much to think more of oneself, or more when one has not given himself completely over to Christ.
I feel a racist will not enter heaven, as he hates his brother.
1John 3:15:
Anyone who hates another brother or sister is really a murderer at heart. And you know that murderers don't have eternal life within them.
and since racism is a form of hatred, then regardless of how religious- they cannot enter heaven with hate in their life.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Upvote 0

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm inclined to think it is generational. For young people, the pull of wanting to look like their peers is very, very strong.

Our church is mixed race. MOST of the married couples in it are interracial. There are black/white married couples, white/Asian married couples, black/Asian married couples, one other white/Native American married couple besides my husband and me, along with the pastor himself being white and married to an Asian lady. Seeing a married couple both of the same race is actually the exception, not the rule, in our congregation. Pastor says he's heard other clergy express envy that his congregation is so diverse, and wonder how they can get theirs that way. I don't know for sure that being part of an interracial marriage himself has anything to do with it, but it might.

One couple, a black man married to a white woman, has twelve children between them, sort of a "yours, mine, and ours" kind of setup. Some are black, from his prior marriage, some are white from hers, and of course theirs together are biracial. Therefore it's safe to say most of the children and youth are biracial, or the people they most closely associate with are.

And nobody at our church sags. By which I mean, deliberately belting the pants around the thighs, exposing the underwear or the posterior.

They don't generally wear suits and ties either, but that's sort of a different thing.

Sagging pants is just a disgusting trend no matter which way you look at it. There is simply no excuse for walking around with your pants all the way down to your knees.

I don't know if you watch the NBA, but a certain website did a fashion comparison between the 2003 and 2013 draft class. Seems all of those drafted in 2003 wore baggy suits, while those drafted in 2013 wore suits tailored to fit their body (see picture below). This just goes to show how fashion is a generational thing.

Anyway, it seems the young urban people are moving away from those baggy type clothes onto fitted/skinny apparel.

esq-nba-draft-062813-xlg.jpg

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟839,594.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
^Oh, good. Maybe the trend is finally ending. By the way, that's what I meant earlier when I talked of "baggy clothes." I was specifically thinking of the sagging pants trend.

I've always been confused by it. I believe fashion does make a statement. For example, in the 1960's, the reason for men growing their hair long was to protest the war and the draft. What's the first thing the military does when you join up? Off with the hair. Long hair, then communicated, "I'm not a part of that. I'm just the opposite."

So I was wondering what statement the sagging made, and the most coherent answer anyone ever gave me was that their statement was, "Kiss mine. I've got it right out here in the open, where you can."

Not a very friendly message to send, to say the least. And it's a little different from wearing your clothing loose because you have a weight problem, or in the case of one man I knew, several abdominal surgeries making a waistband uncomfortable. It's the attitude of defiance I respond to, not the appearance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
life=heart
Yeah.
Gotta have a heart :)

Jeremiah 17:10
I YAHWEH, searching heart, examining the affections
and giving to man ways of him, as fruit of his doings. [Reve 2:23]

Reve 2:23
And the offspring of her I shall be killing in death,
and shall be knowing, all the Out-Calleds, that I am the One searching kidneys/reigns/nefrouV <3510> and hearts and I shall be giving to ye each according to the works of ye. [Jeremiah 17:10]

Wizard of Oz--Doroty Meets Tin Man - YouTube

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I feel a racist will not enter heaven, as he hates his brother.
Well, that put an end to the "What Is The Unforgivable Sin" thread, doesn't it?

Onliest problem with that is that no one can seem to define "racism" with any degree of consistency. It seems apparent that "racism" is generally a disease that afflicts Other People, and Not Us. Symptoms of racism appear to be limited only by the imaginations of those who are keen to find symptoms of racism, and especially those who stand to make a buck off "fighting racism" or "working to end discrimination". I know I've been accused of racism for not hiring any black people (we've never hired anyone who wasn't family), for posting pictures of shoplifters in the store window (apparently too may of them were black), and because "All you Chinese is racist" (My wife's full Korean and I'm half).

My favorite example of our "racism" was one day when a couple of black women came into the store, followed, purely by happenstance, by a Korean storekeeper friend from down the street. They all sauntered down the main aisle, the Asian lady looking at merchandise, the black women apparently busy looking at the Asian woman. A minute or two later the black women stalked out past me, declaring that they'd never be back again, because "That (Common Blasphemy) Chinese (female dog) followed us all around the store and never even asked us if we needed any help." The loudest of the two assured me that we'd be hearing from her attorney to "sue us for harassment". I told her to have her scheister call ours, and until then to have a nice day.

So yeah, I'm sure all of us "racists" are hell bound. Nothing even Christ's sacrifice on the cross can do to prevent it; we have committed the Unforgiveable Sin, and that without even trying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nickybobby

erudite
Oct 28, 2011
Kirkland, WA
Visit site
✟21,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, that put an end to the "What Is The Unforgivable Sin" thread, doesn't it?

So yeah, I'm sure all of us "racists" are hell bound. Nothing even Christ's sacrifice on the cross can do to prevent it; we have committed the Unforgiveable Sin, and that without even trying.

Nice catch.

Great story.

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Matthew 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

I can use my imagination and think that some of these would have answered... "Yeah but he was black." or perhaps "Yeah but he was a Jew." or ... etc.

God be gracious to me a sinner.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

xTx

Aug 10, 2010
✟11,241.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I can use my imagination and think that some of these would have answered... "Yeah but he was black." or perhaps "Yeah but he was a Jew." or ... etc.

God be gracious to me a sinner.

Going off topic a little:

Some people will go, 'women drivers ...' :p

I actually banged into a parked car. (my neighbour's, and she was like, what are you doing?) :)

However, I witnessed a cab driver (a man ) backing his cab into a motionless car.

Upvote 0
Will God admit people who are religious but racist into heaven?

Please define, "Religious". Religious or racists? Two different things here.

IMO, you might be surprised to discover that religion may apply to almost anything in this world, and even outside of the Church. I'm religious to place my faith in any chair that I sit upon, hoping that it doesn't collapse under me when I sit down. I'm a normal weight and size but even I'll be religious in placing faith in my automobile when I drive it, hoping it doesn't break down.

On the other hand, racists won't be allowed in heaven before they are corrected, and only if they are willing. Now, if one places faith in a car, a chair or their hair dresser, will not either if that is their only faith and religion.

Patriotism to any leader or country government is also religious. I think this thread is nonsensical, really. It's just the same and as ridiculous as asking if anyone will enter into heaven if they place their faith in anything. Thanks :)

Upvote 0