Will God admit people who are religious but racist into heaven?

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
Heavenly Jerusalem- Mount Zion
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
How a person dresses conveys a message. Sometimes that message is "I want you to think/know that I am a 'thug'". If someone chooses to dress in clothes that convey this message, then that person shouldn't be shocked or offended when treated like a person who thinks of himself as a thug. Certainly, this doesn't mean that all "thugs" dress in that style. Some might even prefer a pinstripe suit, but usually because they are trying to convey a different message (e.g., "I am successful", "I am a 'legitimate businessman'", etc.)

Again, what is the dress code for thugs? Is it like how most black people dress?

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟840,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you think those who murdered Jews and heretics out of ignorance (thought they were doing the LORD's work) will not be held responsible for their sins at Judgement Day?

How about Christians who engage in sexual activities before marriage due to a lack of knowledge. Do you think they will be found innocent before God?

Be honest with me.

I am not God, nor do I claim to know what He is going to decide in judgment. He knows things I don't, and He is rightfully the judge.

Before I married my first husband, I thought that the simple fact we had committed to each other meant that we were already married in God's eyes. We noted that Isaac took Rebekah into his mother's tent, and she became his wife, and that's all the ceremony that was mentioned. Therefore we reasoned, well, we've done that much, and didn't think we were sinning by living together without benefit of clergy.

Further Bible study pointed me to the woman at the well. Jesus told her, the man you now have is not your husband. That told me no, He doesn't recognize living together as being married. As soon as we found that out, we got properly married.

Were we sinning before, since we didn't know better? Some verses indicate yes, some no. The important thing is, we corrected our mistake as soon as we learned of it. What God is going to decide about that, is up to Him.

I follow parts that are relevant to me. Anyway, if you consider the OT to be irrelevant to Christians today, will the book of Romans suffice?

All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14 (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.) 16 This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares. Romans 2:12-16

OK, so you do pick and choose according to what makes the more convenient argument at the time. That's what I wanted to know.

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟840,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Again, what is the dress code for thugs? Is it like how most black people dress?

Why? If you're black, are you required to dress a certain way? Is there a dress code for black people?

Upvote 0

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Saggy pants, worn by a kid on the street, are deliberately meant to convey the message, "I want to be thought of as a 'gangsta.'" Skin color is irrelevant. The clothing is worn by choice, because they want to give the signal of being "tough" and "intimidating." Then when people react exactly the way the clothing is designed to make them react, the person dressed in the baggy pants complains about being judged by outward appearance. Yeah, maybe we did judge you by outward appearance, but we made the exact assumption YOU WANTED US TO MAKE when you put those clothes on.

Stereotype much?

As I said before, just because someone dresses in baggy clothing, does not in any way mean they want to go out and rob or rape people.

The cross dressing is not the issue. The issue is, when people didn't object to the cross dressing, he then went skimpier and skimpier until someone finally did object, so he could holler "victim." That was his game all along.

Guess he just wanted attention. But how does this example prove that all people dress for attention?

Upvote 0

MJohn7

Dec 23, 2013
✟2,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think judging each other by appearances wont help each other come to Christ. Sometimes abuse victims will make themselves less attractive by cutting their hair and wearing baggy clothes, maybe they even get into tattoos and things like that, while other abuse victims might do the opposite and make themselves more attractive and wear tighter fitting clothes, maybe this is because they are confused about love, im not sure. But this just goes to show you cant judge a book by its cover, you cant see into someones heart and know what motivates them

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by Lion King
Why? If you're black, are you required to dress a certain way? Is there a dress code for black people?
Back in the late '60s and '70's, the black pimps had a rather unique dress code.

Thank God that is past!

clip from: "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka".

Pimpin' is easy (part 2) - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟840,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Stereotype much?

As I said before, just because someone dresses in baggy clothing, does not in any way mean they want to go out and rob or rape people.

Guess he just wanted attention. But how does this example prove that all people dress for attention?

This is true. I do not disagree with you, sir. What I don't understand is why some people dress for attention, and then complain about the attention they get. No, someone in baggy clothes is not automatically out to rob and rape. But if I am not mistaken, for some reason they want people to think they might, and that's why they choose to wear the baggy clothes. I know that a lot of young people (again, race irrelevant) somehow think it's cool to be on drugs, so they want to dress and look like a strung-out addict. Hence the stringy haired, unwashed "grunge" look, and even the dark circles under the eyes that are deliberately powdered in. My own daughter used to mix baby powder with her makeup foundation, to make herself look pale and sickly on purpose, emulating the look of a drug addict.

Similarly, in prison, the inmates are not issued belts and the clothes are sometimes ill-fitting. People who dress in baggy clothes, if I'm not mistaken, are copying that look. They want to make themselves look like they've been in prison, because they think having done time makes a person cool and respectable on the streets.

And if I am mistaken, please tell me the purpose for dressing that way, if "back off, I'm dangerous" is not precisely the message they are trying to send.

Upvote 0

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I am not God, nor do I claim to know what He is going to decide in judgment. He knows things I don't, and He is rightfully the judge.

Before I married my first husband, I thought that the simple fact we had committed to each other meant that we were already married in God's eyes. We noted that Isaac took Rebekah into his mother's tent, and she became his wife, and that's all the ceremony that was mentioned. Therefore we reasoned, well, we've done that much, and didn't think we were sinning by living together without benefit of clergy.

Further Bible study pointed me to the woman at the well. Jesus told her, the man you now have is not your husband. That told me no, He doesn't recognize living together as being married. As soon as we found that out, we got properly married.

Were we sinning before, since we didn't know better? Some verses indicate yes, some no. The important thing is, we corrected our mistake as soon as we learned of it. What God is going to decide about that, is up to Him.

OK, so you do pick and choose according to what makes the more convenient argument at the time. That's what I wanted to know.

Now I'm confused.

If you do not know how God is going to judge people at the Great Day, then why did you claim earlier that God will excuse people who did bad things out of ignorance?

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Don't care what Lion King says. If someone is wearing baggy clothing, their pants past their butt, a hat that's cocked to the side, talks like a thug, is listening to rap or hip hop, and it walking like they've got something shoved up their rear end, I'm not going to have a good first impression of the person; and in this world, particularly this country, I'm going to be right about my first impression way more often than not. That's not to say I instantly think the person wans to rape or murder peope - that's pretty extreme.

Upvote 0

MJohn7

Dec 23, 2013
✟2,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is true. I do not disagree with you, sir. What I don't understand is why some people dress for attention, and then complain about the attention they get. No, someone in baggy clothes is not automatically out to rob and rape. But if I am not mistaken, for some reason they want people to think they might, and that's why they choose to wear the baggy clothes. I know that a lot of young people (again, race irrelevant) somehow think it's cool to be on drugs, so they want to dress and look like a strung-out addict. Hence the stringy haired, unwashed "grunge" look, and even the dark circles under the eyes that are deliberately powdered in. My own daughter used to mix baby powder with her makeup foundation, to make herself look pale and sickly on purpose, emulating the look of a drug addict.

Similarly, in prison, the inmates are not issued belts and the clothes are sometimes ill-fitting. People who dress in baggy clothes, if I'm not mistaken, are copying that look. They want to make themselves look like they've been in prison, because they think having done time makes a person cool and respectable on the streets.

And if I am mistaken, please tell me the purpose for dressing that way, if "back off, I'm dangerous" is not precisely the message they are trying to send.

Sometimes people are just trying to look cool, other times they just want to blend in, and sometimes they just want to survive in the environment that they are stuck in. Try looking or acting like a weakling in the ghetto, you will get picked on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LovebirdsFlying

Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟840,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Now I'm confused.

If you do not know how God is going to judge people at the Great Day, then why did you claim earlier that God will excuse people who did bad things out of ignorance?

Where did I say He *will* do anything? If that was understood, it wasn't the message I intended to send. I don't know what God *will* do. But in guessing, I say I think He takes ignorance into consideration.

Upvote 0

MJohn7

Dec 23, 2013
✟2,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't care what Lion King says. If someone is wearing baggy clothing, their pants past their butt, a hat that's cocked to the side, talks like a thug, is listening to rap or hip hop, and it walking like they've got something shoved up their rear end, I'm not going to have a good first impression of the person; and in this world, particularly this country, I'm going to be right about my first impression way more often than not. That's not to say I instantly think the person wans to rape or murder peope - that's pretty extreme.

Your church must be a lovely place.

Luke 7:35

New King James Version (NKJV)

35 But wisdom is justified by all her children.”

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
What's the supposed to mean?

And please - this goes for all people - spare me your righteousness. I'm human and as such I automatically gather first impressions.

Clothing and body language say a lot. I wear Wrangler jeans, tshirts, plad shirts, camo jackets and hats, boots. And guess what? People would assume I'm a country boy, and they'd be 100% correct.

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟840,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sometimes people are just trying to look cool, other times they just want to blend in, and sometimes they just want to survive in the environment that they are stuck in. Try looking or acting like a weakling in the ghetto, you will get picked on.

Well explained, sir. Thank you. Reps on the way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MJohn7

Dec 23, 2013
✟2,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What's the supposed to mean?

And please - this goes for all people - spare me your righteousness. I'm human and as such I automatically gather first impressions.

Clothing and body language say a lot. I wear Wrangler jeans, tshirts, plad shirts, camo jackets and hats, boots. And guess what? People would assume I'm a country boy, and they'd be 100% correct.

Im just sharing knowledge, sure im imperfect, i need more wisdom too. You're correct.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by LovebirdsFlying
This is true. I do not disagree with you, sir. What I don't understand is why some people dress for attention, and then complain about the attention they get. No, someone in baggy clothes is not automatically out to rob and rape. But if I am not mistaken, for some reason they want people to think they might, and that's why they choose to wear the baggy clothes
Sometimes people are just trying to look cool, other times they just want to blend in, and sometimes they just want to survive in the environment that they are stuck in.
Try looking or acting like a weakling in the ghetto, you will get picked on.
Same thing in prison I would assume.....

Reve 2:10 Nothing be thou fearing! which-things thou are being about to be suffering.
Behold! The Devil is being about to be casting/balein <906> (5629) out/ex <1537> ye into a prison/fulakhn <5438>, that ye may be being tried.
And ye shall be having tribulation ten days.
Be thou becoming! faithful until death and I shall be giving to thee the crown of the life.

funny-street-signs-lodging-state-prison.jpg

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Same thing in prison I would assume.....

Reve 2:10 Nothing be thou fearing! which-things thou are being about to be suffering.
Behold! The Devil is being about to be casting/balein <906> (5629) out/ex <1537> ye into a prison/fulakhn <5438>, that ye may be being tried.
And ye shall be having tribulation ten days.
Be thou becoming! faithful until death and I shall be giving to thee the crown of the life.

funny-street-signs-lodging-state-prison.jpg

ROFLOLOL!!!!

Upvote 0