• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Wife has so much pain... but I think its from technology.

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So as you may know my wife had Typhoids in her past. And just a few years ago was treated for some pretty bad pulmonary TB. But all she has had for a long time is back, neck, shoulder, arm, leg, foot pains. Meds don't do much. Massages only mask the pain briefly. All the doctors really say is take meds. And shes not really into meds because of the damage they do to you after awhile.

While I do believe part of her pain comes from the past TB, I also believe alot of it has to do with her posture. She is always bending her neck down to look at her phone. Slouches. Doesn't really sit up straight and so on. I know docs are starting to notice "modern" technology is causing new issues with people and pain. I just don't know how to fix her pain aside from telling her to sit up, not look down when using her phone...etc. TO be fair she says she has a very low pain tolerance.

• Agree
Reactions: BeStill&Know

doomsayer2

But in a good way...
Sep 7, 2013
Atlanta,Ga.
✟16,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's interesting that you mention technology as one of the causes. I have noticed also that most people in general who suffer chronic pain of any kind(including Christians) tend to look at the scientific or biological side of it. Of course that is where the pain is originating and the key to recovery,but it just seems everyone is ignoring the spiritual side of it. Almost as if prayer is just a comfort tool,rather than the MAIN tool and first thing that is to be sought for healing. Pray without ceasing means just that. I know it's easy for me to sit here and give advice about something I am not suffering from,but I just know what the WORD says.
And that is in a few steps to first find someone who can physically lay hands on you,or at least pray over you and even anointing you with olive oil as James-5:14 instructs. If your church does not practice these things then find one that does. Then you should quote the scriptures as often as possible even singing them out. If nothing else it is a distraction. Also it may sound strange but try smiling even if you are not in a very good mood. Just the facial exercise alone has an affect on your mental state. There are a few other things I can't think of at this moment but may post later.
But I would strongly suggest to anyone suffering to focus more on the spiritual aspects of the sickness. I have hears if we used just 75% of our brain power we could heal ourselves. In reality we are only able to use a very small percentage. But that is where FAITH comes in in making up the rest of it,and can bring it to more like 100%,where instant healing will occur.
I know a lot of people feel healing is no longer for today,but God doesn't change. Especially in ways that would benefit His children.
Just some things to think about.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Does your wife exercise? Movement is an excellent treatment for any number of common ills.
i agree with this.
gentle stretching exercizes can help to relax tight muscles and improve the circulation in them. also suggest that she use a common kitchen timer set for 45 minutes to remind her to get up and walk around to restore better blood circulation, and do some stretching exercizes to strengthen and improve her muscles. moving is the best thing she can do to keep her body limber and help to prevent the muscles from becomming stiff, cramped, and painful.

Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's interesting that you mention technology as one of the causes. I have noticed also that most people in general who suffer chronic pain of any kind(including Christians) tend to look at the scientific or biological side of it. Of course that is where the pain is originating and the key to recovery,but it just seems everyone is ignoring the spiritual side of it. Almost as if prayer is just a comfort tool,rather than the MAIN tool and first thing that is to be sought for healing. Pray without ceasing means just that. I know it's easy for me to sit here and give advice about something I am not suffering from,but I just know what the WORD says.
And that is in a few steps to first find someone who can physically lay hands on you,or at least pray over you and even anointing you with olive oil as James-5:14 instructs. If your church does not practice these things then find one that does. Then you should quote the scriptures as often as possible even singing them out. If nothing else it is a distraction. Also it may sound strange but try smiling even if you are not in a very good mood. Just the facial exercise alone has an affect on your mental state. There are a few other things I can't think of at this moment but may post later.
But I would strongly suggest to anyone suffering to focus more on the spiritual aspects of the sickness. I have hears if we used just 75% of our brain power we could heal ourselves. In reality we are only able to use a very small percentage. But that is where FAITH comes in in making up the rest of it,and can bring it to more like 100%,where instant healing will occur.
I know a lot of people feel healing is no longer for today,but God doesn't change. Especially in ways that would benefit His children.
Just some things to think about.
Adding to what you said, the relation of sickness, disabilities to un-clean spirits. Much written in God's Word.
Studying this topic.

Upvote 0

Elizabeth Ledoux

Jan 31, 2017
United States
✟15,202.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I agree that modern technology is causing new issues with people and pain. I would recommend you that walking and jogging is the best exercise which helps to relieve joint pain. But, today, physical therapists say that using warm water to treat health conditions like joint pains it has been proven effective therapy. My grandmother was also dealing with joint pains, doctor recommended her to install walk-in tubs which have a hydrotherapy features which works by increasing blood flow to help the painful tissue, makes stiff joints feel at ease. Installing walk in tubs in Tacoma helped her in by decreasing the weight placed on her aching joints and spine.

Upvote 0