✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi all,

This is one of those questions you've always wanted to ask but were too embarrassed to ask it. Is it me or has anyone else noticed that now they are firmly into their 40's they have to buy wider fitting shoes?

I was out shopping with my dd who happens to be the same shoe size as me and I discovered that I had to buy a wide fitting shoe. A couple of years ago, I would not have had to do that. The young shop assistant even asked me if I wanted to try the style with a wider fitting.

Could this be an additional thing along with aching when getting up, being slightly forgetful, the ability to spontaneously fall asleep without realising it, having a 'granny' (us girls will know what that is ;) ), having pockets of grey hair on one's chin,... etc

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No I don't have to buy wider fitting shoes, always had those because of my sweet knuckles. Lol an old friend I went to have lunch with, I told her I had fallen from my bike, my knee hurted. She saw me and said: Ooh my that is awful! ^_^ Pointing at my feet. No that's just my knuckles.

• Haha
Reactions: *LILAC
Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No I don't have to buy wider fitting shoes, always had those because of my sweet knuckles. Lol an old friend I went to have lunch with, I told her I had fallen from my bike, my knee hurted. She saw me and said: Ooh my that is awful! ^_^ Pointing at my feet. No that's just my knuckles.
^_^ lol!!

Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
My problem isn't so much the need for wider shoes. The issue with me is having somewhat thicker calves and finding boots that will zip completely up over them. However, I've started a pretty good exercise routine that will aid in losing weight and toning up the entire body, and that would include the legs. In combination with healthy eating habits, I am well on the way to not only a smaller clothing size in general, but being able to slide on some cute boots and zip them up!

Reactions: *LILAC
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟456,987.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, well even I have issues with zipper boots. I'm making it a deal to never buy them again! Not only does one need super skinny calves but even if you wear thick thermal socks, that zipper is only going up so far!

Reactions: WannaWitness
Upvote 0