WanderingHopelessly

May 8, 2016
Tennessee
✟15,111.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hi, Being raised on the south I was brought up as a Baptist, never thought of things being the way they are until now. I am wondering why I and my family is being tormented so much. I have asked a priest out of desperation and explained all the situations over the years and he says it's Gods plan for Sainthood. Now let me ask here, why.

My family seems to have been tormented since I was a child, kicked out of our home 4 days before Christmas so the business who owned the house (large antebellum home) could host their Christmas Party. Churches, every church we have ever gone to, we were forced to leave. Being told by members that we weren't welcome and how no one there wanted us to be a part of their congregation. Living next to people who would do terrible things to us, police would never do anything to help, yet these people thrived. Family life, money, new cars, etc...While we work harder than most but get screwed by everyone since we work for ourselves. We care for our animals, take them to vets, good food, but when one gets sick, it's never an easy fix. It is always something that cannot be cured, cancer, kidney/heart disease. And today, our dog went to the vet on thursday, vet called today saying how she wasn't going to make it through the night. Left a message I might add. We called back, and again and again, went to the office, cars there but never got ahold of anyone, called other vets, and every number we could find yet NOTHING got us any closer to contacting the vet. So we are just sitting here, knowing our dog is probably going to pass tonight, and there is no way we can hold her one last time.

I could go on and on, but that would be a novel. I just want to know why we are being tormented so much, why we experience so much pain in our day to day life. When we are kind to people, we help those who truly need it and all we ask in return is to live happily. I'm not complaining about what we do have, I know we are truly blessed compared to others around the world, but we would trade that in a heartbeat to be able to live happily. Is that too much to ask for?

PrettyboyAndy

• Andy •
Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Toronto/NY
✟93,218.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi, Being raised on the south I was brought up as a Baptist, never thought of things being the way they are until now. I am wondering why I and my family is being tormented so much. I have asked a priest out of desperation and explained all the situations over the years and he says it's Gods plan for Sainthood. Now let me ask here, why.

My family seems to have been tormented since I was a child, kicked out of our home 4 days before Christmas so the business who owned the house (large antebellum home) could host their Christmas Party. Churches, every church we have ever gone to, we were forced to leave. Being told by members that we weren't welcome and how no one there wanted us to be a part of their congregation. Living next to people who would do terrible things to us, police would never do anything to help, yet these people thrived. Family life, money, new cars, etc...While we work harder than most but get screwed by everyone since we work for ourselves. We care for our animals, take them to vets, good food, but when one gets sick, it's never an easy fix. It is always something that cannot be cured, cancer, kidney/heart disease. And today, our dog went to the vet on thursday, vet called today saying how she wasn't going to make it through the night. Left a message I might add. We called back, and again and again, went to the office, cars there but never got ahold of anyone, called other vets, and every number we could find yet NOTHING got us any closer to contacting the vet. So we are just sitting here, knowing our dog is probably going to pass tonight, and there is no way we can hold her one last time.

I could go on and on, but that would be a novel. I just want to know why we are being tormented so much, why we experience so much pain in our day to day life. When we are kind to people, we help those who truly need it and all we ask in return is to live happily. I'm not complaining about what we do have, I know we are truly blessed compared to others around the world, but we would trade that in a heartbeat to be able to live happily. Is that too much to ask for?

If you and your family are saved, then your really blessed moreso than a rich family, that has no issues in life, that doesn't know he Lord.

That being said, I'm not trying to ignore the issues your going through, I have a dog myself and I would be heart broken when he dies.

Life can be difficult I lost both my parents, my mother when I was at a young age.

God works everything for good, so it might look terrible for you now , but it might be a blessing one day, and don't forget God is in control.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mudinyeri

May 4, 2016
Nebraska
✟11,923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I suspect many of us could write similar novels - although, my guess is few of us could go toe-to-toe with Job.

Not to sound glib but we live in a fallen world. I don't think it's reasonable to expect that we won't be "tormented." In fact, I'm always highly suspicious of people who've never really had a serious problem in their life.

Not sure if it helps you at all.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Churches, every church we have ever gone to, we were forced to leave. Being told by members that we weren't welcome and how no one there wanted us to be a part of their congregation.
You have not told us what was their objection to you. There are two basic possibilities that I know of >

(1) Possibly, they do not know how to love. If you have not been doing anything obviously not Biblical, then it is possible that they do not know how to love you, and therefore . . . if they do not know how to love > it is likely they also do not know how to love with those they do accept. So, they are missing out on a lot. And you can be their example, instead of retreating. Any church can have evil people, but they may not speak for everybody, never mind the pastor. So, did you check in with the pastor, about this? And did you get to know all members, to see if any are really Christian people? Or, did you assume that certain ones speak for everybody?

(2) For all I know, you could have been doing something not Biblical and making a show of this, and they find that they can not accept having your bad example around their children. And if you have been doing anything wrong, the wrong spirit of this can help to make you weak so you then can suffer about consequences. But Paul, while he was doing things right, took "pleasure" in his troubles > 2 Corinthians 12:7-15.

So, without you telling me everything, I have to consider that either you are doing something witch provokes rejection, or you are living for Jesus and discovering how, as Jesus guarantees, we will be hated and killed by enemies of God.

In your list of what you do, you list a few things which are socially respectable, but you have not said anything about how you represent Jesus and the Bible or not, or what may attract rejection and attack. If you are in a group which Bible claiming people consider to be moral but cultic, yes ones might not want you spreading what they consider to be a false message. And if any of us do what is wrong, this can attract attack . . . by people who do not know how to love.

So, it is good to get to know really Christian people, and feed on their example :)

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Dont envy the wicked. Its a waste of time.
As for your dog. Well most pets who are well taken care of eventually die, its part of life, the sad thing is we the owners will see this happen.

Keep on living for the Lord nobody said it would be an easy life as we all have our cross to bear. It wasnt easy for Jesus! Ask the Lord for the joy of salvation back in your life. Keep you eyes on Him and not what other people are doing or not doing.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi wanderinghopelessly,

I'm going to be honest about what comes to my mind in reading your post.

Each one of us has an attitude of the heart. We all face times of trouble and strife. It's how we deal with and accept these eventualities that display to others whether we are a child of God or a child of the world.

You wrote that your landlord put you out of your house four days before Christmas. Did you have a lease or rental agreement? Were you current on the rent? I wouldn't imagine that a company that handles rentals would do something illegal. The consequences for them are large. If a landlord puts you out or your home which is under lease, or in some other way makes the property unlivable, i.e. shuts off the electric or water or takes the locks off the doors, they face fairly stiff fines and costs legally. If, however, your family was behind on the rent or the lease had expired, then it's sad that it happened around Christmas, but was likely not a surprise to you. Landlords are required to give notices before evicting tenants and there are some court proceedings to go through that your family would have been notified of. And to say that they put you out of the house four days before Christmas just so they could hold a Christmas party is honestly highly suspect. That isn't to say though, that your family was evicted and the house was empty and so they held their Christmas party there. But I find it terribly difficult to believe that the truth of the matter is that they put your family out 'just' so they could hold a Christmas party at the property.

Only you know the 'real' truth of the matter, but if I'm even close, then your dwelling on the matter and charging that the reason was just to throw a Christmas party would be a sign of a wicked heart. It would be a lie.

You then mention that every church you've ever been a part of has kicked you out of fellowship with them. That's not something that a fellowship takes lightly and I'm fairly confident that, if such a thing happened, they gave you a reason. What was the reason they gave you? Fellowships don't just put people out of their fellowships. Maybe you'd be honest enough with us to tell us 'why' your family was asked to leave.

However, listening to your litany of complaints and understanding that you are not a believer but rather wandering hopelessly, I can think of a few reasons why your family might be asked to leave.

The first rule of real faith is that none of us are 'wandering hopelessly'. So, if you'd like to go back over your account and give us a little more detail about your stories, then maybe we can better answer your questions. Feeling tormented constantly is generally a matter of the attitude of the one feeling tormented rather than the truth that others are tormenting you. Most of us, speaking for myself, don't have time to torment others for no good reason.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

How many dogs do you have and are they a nuisance .. Do they bark and disturb the peace .. I love dogs too but I shot and killed one because he would not stop jumping up on kids , he was not mean just loving and wanting to play , pow pow pow .. Sounds harsh I know but I ain't putting no dog before any person .. People who have dogs as their only family does not apply and I'll love those dogs like their family ...

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

The closer you are to the light,the environment around you will get hotter.

If they spit on Christ,beat him,mocked him,and killed him ,then why wonder at your affliction if you are His?

There was a time when I did not want to walk as close as my Dad did with the Lord.
He was a Freewill Baptist Pastor /Preacher and as I grew older I would marvel at the circumstances against him.
I learned a lot about how to deny Satan's right to torment you.
Resist he will flee.
I do not deny the weapons formed against me,I deny their right to prosper.
I know the power in us by the name of Jesus.
I know God tempts no man,and will provide a way of escape.
I know we need the whole armor of God, and if we are missing one part we are vulnerable.

Ephesians: 6. 12. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15. And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16. Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18. Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

No matter what here and here after there is victory in Jesus.

Last edited:
Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am not one to suggest that life is perfect for Christians. That being said, Christians should probably get more trials from being Christian than just bad stuff that happens.

I do know this: There are tons of churches and organizations that have abused people via spiritual connections created through submission and authority. When people allow other people to have more authority than the Bible says, they give permission for these hypocritical ministers and the seducing spirits at work in their ministries (1 Tim. 4:1-5) and that can cause all kinds of trouble.

Check out this site and see if perhaps you're family has been under witchcraft and manipulation of religious organizations. It is rampant:

www.becarefulhowyouhear.com

Upvote 0