Not open for further replies.

TexasCatholic

Jun 8, 2004
TEXAS
✟2,249.00
Faith
Catholic
CeeBee,

As I have suggested in the past, you could help this situation if you stopped referring to yourself as gay and began referring to yourself as CELIBATE. To use the term "gay" implies a) sexually active and b) supportive of the "gay lifestyle" or "gay community." Neither of which is compatible with the priesthood.

If you commit that your lifestyle is CELIBATE, not "gay" or "bi" then you will certainly leave the priesthood option open. If you go in with a "gay" attitude or with "gay community" sympathies, you will surely be vetoed before making it to seminary and for good reason. That "community" is all about sexual activity between same sex. Period.

Celibates need not be concerned with whose sexual orientation is what, do they? The only option to keep from sin if you have sexual urges outside of sacramental (man/woman) marriage, is to be CELIBATE. CELIBATE, NOT GAY. That's gonna have to become your mantra!

As I mentioned in a prior thread, I was celibate until age 31 when I got married only 2 months ago. Had the right woman not come along for me, my next step was going to be considering the religious life or priesthood. After a while, celibacy doesn't seem so ridiculous, especially once you get past those rough years of 16-24.

I promise you, your sexual impulses will reduce with time, age, discipline.. and quite frankly, you don't "need" sex to live a 100% healthy life. That is a modern sociological lie.

-Michael

P.S.
I would love for you to consider the priesthood option. It is a long process of discernment, but if at this point 4 or 5 years from now you still have the interest, I say pursue it. But please, try to avoid all things related to the "gay community" or "gay lifestyle" as they can only lead to sin and despair. My best friend from the 6th grade is gay, and his life is always despair and is a never-ending search for carnal pleasures. It is empty, my friend. Empty. Seek God through the discipline of celibacy and you will be rewarded. God bless you!

Upvote 0

CeeBee

Catholic
Dec 26, 2003
Louisiana
✟14,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
[/COLOR]Bishops have a lot of freedom in determining who to ordain. Some bishops barred chaste, celibate homosexuals before the document came out.

Baton Rouge is a dicocese.

I don't think the metropolitan bishop has any control of seminary policies outside his own diocese.

Oh ok. Ty.

Upvote 0

CeeBee

Catholic
Dec 26, 2003
Louisiana
✟14,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
CeeBee,

As I have suggested in the past, you could help this situation if you stopped referring to yourself as gay and began referring to yourself as CELIBATE. To use the term "gay" implies a) sexually active and b) supportive of the "gay lifestyle" or "gay community." Neither of which is compatible with the priesthood.

If you commit that your lifestyle is CELIBATE, not "gay" or "bi" then you will certainly leave the priesthood option open. If you go in with a "gay" attitude or with "gay community" sympathies, you will surely be vetoed before making it to seminary and for good reason. That "community" is all about sexual activity between same sex. Period.

Celibates need not be concerned with whose sexual orientation is what, do they? The only option to keep from sin if you have sexual urges outside of sacramental (man/woman) marriage, is to be CELIBATE. CELIBATE, NOT GAY. That's gonna have to become your mantra!

As I mentioned in a prior thread, I was celibate until age 31 when I got married only 2 months ago. Had the right woman not come along for me, my next step was going to be considering the religious life or priesthood. After a while, celibacy doesn't seem so ridiculous, especially once you get past those rough years of 16-24.

I promise you, your sexual impulses will reduce with time, age, discipline.. and quite frankly, you don't "need" sex to live a 100% healthy life. That is a modern sociological lie.

-Michael

P.S.
I would love for you to consider the priesthood option. It is a long process of discernment, but if at this point 4 or 5 years from now you still have the interest, I say pursue it. But please, try to avoid all things related to the "gay community" or "gay lifestyle" as they can only lead to sin and despair. My best friend from the 6th grade is gay, and his life is always despair and is a never-ending search for carnal pleasures. It is empty, my friend. Empty. Seek God through the discipline of celibacy and you will be rewarded. God bless you!

Well, I mean I will refer to myself as celibate. My LIFESTYLE is celibate. My SEXUAL ORIENTATION is bisexual. I personally don't think referring to myself as gay implies I support the gay movement and all. I guess that's just opinion tho.

I am still considering the priesthood option.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.