Why wouldn't someone be saved?

Oct 25, 2013
Province of Ontario, Canada.
✟8,323.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
If we believe in what Lord Jesus did for us, yet continue to give into sin, I've heard from some that maybe they weren't saved in the first place. Why wouldn't this be?

If we believe in our hearts what Lord Jesus did for us on the cross, then
why do we need to worry about "not being saved". Why would God deny someone the Holy spirit when indeed they are lost people, in need of help?

Am I still a sinner, of course yes. Today at the mall I did overlook at some women there. I prayed to the Lord that I was sorry, but it's something that's not easy to control for me. I had grown up knowing hardly anything about Christianity. I'd grown up with the wrong thinking that permeates most of lost society. That fornication and masturbation is fine. My Dad would tell me in my teens that inappropriate content will "warp your mind" but I didn't believe him.

Up until my 40's, I had thought which a lot of people sadly still believe. Why would God send them to hell when they're nice people? I of course know that we're all sinners, and fall short of God's glory, and we're all deserving to go where Satan want's us to go...with him down to hell.

Bad habits aren't easily broken, and our sin nature still remains even when we believe we are saved/ or saved. I don't give into inappropriate content as much as I used to, but unfortunately still do. I can be gluttonous at times. I am imperfect, but then again so is everyone else. Not saying that there are people less righteous than I am. I'm not going to church. However, I'm trying to read the Bible more and I do watch Dr. Stanley once a week.

bushinoki

Servant of the Most High
Jul 19, 2009
Colorado Springs, CO
✟15,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Nord, the unsaved ones are those whom profess the faith, but make no actual effort to live the faith. Just because someone still struggles with something that was a problem before they were saved doesn't make them unsaved. In fact, in that case, I'm going to scrutinize the congregation he's in, and its leadership, for whether or not they have discipleship in place to help him grow as a Christian. It needs to be clear cut, too. It needs to be done under someone who is trained and well discipled himself.

Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2013
✟8,323.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Nord, the unsaved ones are those whom profess the faith, but make no actual effort to live the faith. Just because someone still struggles with something that was a problem before they were saved doesn't make them unsaved. In fact, in that case, I'm going to scrutinize the congregation he's in, and its leadership, for whether or not they have discipleship in place to help him grow as a Christian. It needs to be clear cut, too. It needs to be done under someone who is trained and well discipled himself.

this still perplexes me just a bit, Bushinoki. Are you implying that to live within the faith, I must try to go to church, stop watching inappropriate content weekly or get lewd thoughts I don't want, but still end up getting it in my mind anyway. In short, if I can't repent of my said sins, I will not have the Holy spirit sent into me and saved? Not saying this is what you mean. This is the vibe I'm getting.

In truth, I am trying to stop giving into inappropriate content. And every time I go give in, which is usually two to three times per week, I do feel guilty and ashamed, and pray for forgiveness. In fact I try to do this every time I do something I felt I shouldn't have done.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2015
✟7,651.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
First John gives us a good checklist to know whether the truth is in someone. The "walking in darkness" phrase is often referred to as "habitual sin", which is true, but it really means "sin as a lifestyle".

An illustration is needed.

Suppose a man was an addict of inappropriate contentography prior to knowing our Lord. He repents of that sin, but every now and then, he takes a peek-but he feels guilty about it. So he again repents of that sin. But no matter how hard he tries, the temptation is still there. Sometimes he wins the battle, sometimes he loses.

Another man likewise was an addict of inappropriate contentography. He hears the word and professes faith, but he reads inappropriate contentography all the time. He knows its wrong on an intellectual level, but he either doesn't care or rationalizes it somehow so that he thinks its okay. He makes no effort to repent of his sins. He simply hides them from everyone else and continues to be a "Christian".

Which of these men was truly a follower of Christ? They both committed the same sin. They both repeated their sins. Does that mean they were both "walking in darkness"?

Not in the least. The first man, though he was still a sinner and did a horrible deed, knew what he did was wrong. He sought forgiveness and repented of it, even though he eventually made a mistake again.

The second man was not wheat but a tare. He was able to show the outward appearance of a saint, but God saw his heart and judged his deeds accordingly.

We all struggle with our sins. Sometimes it can feel like madness, with one desire pulling you in one direction and the Holy Spirit pulling in another. Occasionally we make the mistake of saying "No" to the Spirit, and we reap the temporal consequences of that decision.

But that is exactly what Jesus died for. We can boldly approach the throne of grace whenever we sin and ask for forgiveness. Approach our Great High Priest seventy times seven saying "I repent" and He will be faithful to forgive you, no matter how badly you sinned.

Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2013
✟8,323.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
First John gives us a good checklist to know whether the truth is in someone. The "walking in darkness" phrase is often referred to as "habitual sin", which is true, but it really means "sin as a lifestyle".

An illustration is needed.

Suppose a man was an addict of inappropriate contentography prior to knowing our Lord. He repents of that sin, but every now and then, he takes a peek-but he feels guilty about it. So he again repents of that sin. But no matter how hard he tries, the temptation is still there. Sometimes he wins the battle, sometimes he loses.

Another man likewise was an addict of inappropriate contentography. He hears the word and professes faith, but he reads inappropriate contentography all the time. He knows its wrong on an intellectual level, but he either doesn't care or rationalizes it somehow so that he thinks its okay. He makes no effort to repent of his sins. He simply hides them from everyone else and continues to be a "Christian".

Which of these men was truly a follower of Christ? They both committed the same sin. They both repeated their sins. Does that mean they were both "walking in darkness"?

Not in the least. The first man, though he was still a sinner and did a horrible deed, knew what he did was wrong. He sought forgiveness and repented of it, even though he eventually made a mistake again.

The second man was not wheat but a tare. He was able to show the outward appearance of a saint, but God saw his heart and judged his deeds accordingly.

We all struggle with our sins. Sometimes it can feel like madness, with one desire pulling you in one direction and the Holy Spirit pulling in another. Occasionally we make the mistake of saying "No" to the Spirit, and we reap the temporal consequences of that decision.

But that is exactly what Jesus died for. We can boldly approach the throne of grace whenever we sin and ask for forgiveness. Approach our Great High Priest seventy times seven saying "I repent" and He will be faithful to forgive you, no matter how badly you sinned.

I'm trying to be more like that first man. I know it's not ok, but I lose more battles than I win. I sometimes say that if I can't quit, I'll know I'll deserve what punishment is handed down from God. I know being single or alone isn't an excuse.

Sometimes Satan comes out of nowhere and hits me, and hits me hard with the thoughts of fantasy and inappropriate content. And it doesn't help that I was about three or four years younger than yourself when I became addicted to it.
I know it wouldn't be easy. It's short term pleasure for a cost, yet I still find it hold to relinquish my addiction and just let it go.

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2015
✟7,651.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'm trying to be more like that first man. I know it's not ok, but I lose more battles than I win. I sometimes say that if I can't quit, I'll know I'll deserve what punishment is handed down from God. I know being single or alone isn't an excuse.

Sometimes Satan comes out of nowhere and hits me, and hits me hard with the thoughts of fantasy and inappropriate content. And it doesn't help that I was about three or four years younger than yourself when I became addicted to it.
I know it wouldn't be easy. It's short term pleasure for a cost, yet I still find it hold to relinquish my addiction and just let it go.

You're not the only one who struggles that way. Sometimes we get the wrong impression, that being a Christian makes you immune to temptation. On the contrary, it makes it you a target for it. Anyone who honestly claims to be a Christian has dealt with temptation, and anyone who claims they are a Christian yet claims they have never sinned is lying.

The problem is that our feelings are really difficult to deal with. A man cannot help but be struck by the beauty of a woman, but Satan knows how to twist that desire into something evil.

The good news is that Jesus didn't just toss us out into the world and said "Good luck." He gave us the Scriptures, his Spirit, and brothers and sisters to help us fight the Enemy.

I encourage you to make use of these resources if you feel you struggle with this problem. Pray to God for deliverance, search his Word for direction, and consult your fellow brothers to find guidance.

I also remind you of a promise given to us: One day you will be given a body that will not be subject to evil passions, and your struggles will cease. In the meantime, God is with you to walk with you in any trial.

Upvote 0

Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
... In truth, I am trying to stop giving into inappropriate content. And every time I go give in, which is usually two to three times per week, I do feel guilty and ashamed, and pray for forgiveness. In fact I try to do this every time I do something I felt I shouldn't have done.
There is so much being said about this in churches these days, and I remember the confusion I had when I was younger. People who were older, and wiser, admitted to having problems they pretended to try helping me to understand.

I later learned that these are things people (who would follow our LORD) have dealt with, in one form or another, for hundreds of years of Christian History. I read some good books, and a number of them were short. These particular, very helpful ones were written more than 330 years ago. There are many others that were older or newer that said similar things.

I found these helpful, and you may as well:

THE HEAVENLY FOOTMAN;
or,
A Description of the Man that Gets to Heaven:

TOGETHER WITH THE WAY HE RUNS IN, THE MARKS HE GOES BY;
ALSO,
SOME DIRECTIONS HOW TO RUN SO AS TO OBTAIN.
by John Bunyan

http://www.achristianspirit.com/Footman.html

The Strait Gate,
or
GREAT DIFFICULTY OF GOING TO HEAVEN:
PLAINLY PROVING, BY THE SCRIPTURES,
THAT NOT ONLY THE RUDE AND PROFANE,
BUT MANY GREAT PROFESSORS,
WILL COME SHORT OF THAT KINGDOM.
by John Bunyan

http://www.achristianspirit.com/StraitGate.html

The Barren Fig-Tree,
or
The Doom and Downfall of the Fruitless Professor:
SHOWING, THAT THE DAY OF GRACE MAY BE PAST WITH HIM
LONG BEFORE HIS LIFE IS ENDED;
by John Bunyan

http://www.achristianspirit.com/BarrenFig.html

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
... My Dad would tell me in my teens that inappropriate content will "warp your mind" but I didn't believe him...
And what do you believe now? If you cannot stop this, what effect will it have on you? These things lead to a lower esteem for women in general, and affect our marriages and many other parts of our life in society.

Here are some verses and quotes that I have found to be very helpful.

Matthew 11
12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

There are innumerable difficulties in the way; such as few conquer: most of them that try have not resolution, courage, earnestness, and constancy enough; but they fail, give up, and perish. The difficulties are too many and too great for them that do not violently press forward. They never get along, but stick by the way; are turned aside, or turned back, and ruined.
Matt. vii. 14.
Jonathan Edwards (1703−1758)

Proverbs 3
11 My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction:
12 For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Matthew 7
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Luke 13
24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

All the world is against him that shall be saved.
John Bunyan (1628−1688)

Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If we believe in what Lord Jesus did for us, yet continue to give into sin, I've heard from some that maybe they weren't saved in the first place. Why wouldn't this be?

why do we need to worry about "not being saved". Why would God deny someone the Holy spirit when indeed they are lost people, in need of help?

Am I still a sinner, of course yes. Today at the mall I did overlook at some women there. I prayed to the Lord that I was sorry, but it's something that's not easy to control for me. I had grown up knowing hardly anything about Christianity. I'd grown up with the wrong thinking that permeates most of lost society. That fornication and masturbation is fine. My Dad would tell me in my teens that inappropriate content will "warp your mind" but I didn't believe him.

Up until my 40's, I had thought which a lot of people sadly still believe. Why would God send them to hell when they're nice people? I of course know that we're all sinners, and fall short of God's glory, and we're all deserving to go where Satan want's us to go...with him down to hell.

Bad habits aren't easily broken, and our sin nature still remains even when we believe we are saved/ or saved. I don't give into inappropriate content as much as I used to, but unfortunately still do. I can be gluttonous at times. I am imperfect, but then again so is everyone else. Not saying that there are people less righteous than I am. I'm not going to church. However, I'm trying to read the Bible more and I do watch Dr. Stanley once a week.

Nord, The wonderful thing about the true gift of salvation is Jesus covers the past, present and future sins to all who repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and follow him in baptism. The hardest obstacle to get you over is "Jesus forgave you". The church needs to be reminding you every week. Your sins, oh yes they are great. The depths are much deeper than we can even imagine. The ladder we building to God was incapable of reaching heaven. The idea that Jesus is or ladder and we just have to climb is false. The idea that Jesus is our bridge to the Father and we just have to walk across is false. What is happening is you sin with the inappropriate content and guilt consumes you. Its a great thing that you have guilt. But God already paid for it. Seek his forgiveness and know your savior has fulfilled something you could never do. I wrestled with that guilt for so long, thinking "why can't I stop?" until I finally realized through listening to some Lutherans on the subject that our sins are forgiven. Past. Present. Future. The guilt only keep you down from continue to praise God. Satan wants you to keep hold of the guilt and to think "How good must I be to be saved?", because that is the real question you are asking. But the reality is Christians don't get into heaven by Jesus righteousness and their own righteous acts of not sinning. You get to heaven a sinner who has been completely clothed in the righteousness of God that grants you entrance. Your works are for others. Others to know Christ. Others to see an ambassador for Christ's kingdom. The private sins can affect the public sins because our eyes should be on other's seeing Christ and knowing about him.

*Man, I'm preaching to myself*

agree or disagree. that's where I stand.

Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2013
✟8,323.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You're not the only one who struggles that way. Sometimes we get the wrong impression, that being a Christian makes you immune to temptation. On the contrary, it makes it you a target for it. Anyone who honestly claims to be a Christian has dealt with temptation, and anyone who claims they are a Christian yet claims they have never sinned is lying.

The problem is that our feelings are really difficult to deal with. A man cannot help but be struck by the beauty of a woman, but Satan knows how to twist that desire into something evil.

The good news is that Jesus didn't just toss us out into the world and said "Good luck." He gave us the Scriptures, his Spirit, and brothers and sisters to help us fight the Enemy.

I encourage you to make use of these resources if you feel you struggle with this problem. Pray to God for deliverance, search his Word for direction, and consult your fellow brothers to find guidance.

I also remind you of a promise given to us: One day you will be given a body that will not be subject to evil passions, and your struggles will cease. In the meantime, God is with you to walk with you in any trial.

I thank you, and everyone for their info here!:)

Oh I know, CDW! Millions of men and even some women are caught in the inappropriate content trap. I'd advise any young, middle age or older person to stay away from inappropriate contentography. It's what I didn't realize at a young age, a trap that Satan had caught me in, and something I still struggle with today. Once caught, you're trapped into a a fantasy that plagues your conscious mind.
Like my Dad warned me, that it would "warp my mind".

No, I can honestly say, thank God, I never did rape or hurt anyone. It most certainly affect my thinking though, and made me a person , or creature of lust, if you will. I see inappropriate content and masturbation as being like a drug that one needs their fix of. A very bad addiction that is hard to control once we become trapped into it.

Yes, women are beautiful, and God made them that way for us. At 19, you're still a very young man with a good head on his shoulders, obviously.
A lot of temptation at that age as well. Please stay the heck away from inappropriate content, friend! It did nothing good for me, and I'm a 42 year old single man now and have never been married. I looked at my parent's marriage as a tug of war, between them growing up, and didn't think much of marriage.
My Dad wanted to party with his Brothers and Sister's. My Mother's side
didn't drink, and she always wanted to be with her side.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 25, 2013
✟8,323.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
And what do you believe now? If you cannot stop this, what effect will it have on you? These things lead to a lower esteem for women in general, and affect our marriages and many other parts of our life in society.

Here are some verses and quotes that I have found to be very helpful.
Matthew 11
12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

There are innumerable difficulties in the way; such as few conquer: most of them that try have not resolution, courage, earnestness, and constancy enough; but they fail, give up, and perish. The difficulties are too many and too great for them that do not violently press forward. They never get along, but stick by the way; are turned aside, or turned back, and ruined.
Matt. vii. 14.
Jonathan Edwards (1703−1758)

Proverbs 3
11 My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction:
12 For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Matthew 7
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Luke 13
24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

All the world is against him that shall be saved.
John Bunyan (1628−1688)

Thanks!

Now I do believe that inappropriate content will warp your mind. My Dad was right. He never got into inappropriate content but drank and smoked cigarettes until his rheumatoid arthritis got too bad, and had to quit. I'm not judging my Dad, and I really do love my earthly Dad, but he had his own addictions at one time himself.

Ok. What Jonathon Edwards states is that we cannot make it to Heaven unless we can fully repent or stop our sin problems. Lord Jesus paid our sin debts in full on the cross, him and God knowing we could never stop sinning ourselves.

I've found that repent in the Bible from Greek, means to "change your mind" and not "stop sinning or else you'll go straight to hell".

Upvote 0

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟698,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Romans 5:8 says that while we were STILL SINNERS Christ died for us. He didn't die for those who had stopped sinning. Saved people who sin are still saved. We are people and as such are imperfect. Our job is to serve God. According to Philippians 1:6, He began a good work in us and will be faithful to complete it in the end. A spiritual life is a journey, and it doesn't happen overnight. The more we seek Him, the more He will open our eyes to things in our lives that need to be changed.

Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2013
✟8,323.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for posting that, BumbleBee!:)

I was watching Dr.Stanley a couple of weeks ago, when he mentioned something along the lines of "it's what we become, not what we have done or do" that saves us.

You'd think of after 50 years in ministry, he'd know.;)

I was serving God not long ago, before I hurt my back.

I've been having to see a chiropractor and may not be able to
get back to the SA mission I was doing charity work at before.

When I do think about it though, there may be stuff I can still do there. Lifting 50 LBS sack of potatoes can't be one of them anymore. I can re-injure it again, and potentially worse than last time if I get careless
and bend and lift heavy stuff.

Upvote 0

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟698,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I was watching Dr.Stanley a couple of weeks ago, when he mentioned something along the lines of "it's what we become, not what we have done or do" that saves us.

When I do think about it though, there may be stuff I can still do there. Lifting 50 LBS sack of potatoes can't be one of them anymore. I can re-injure it again, and potentially worse than last time if I get careless

I think serving God is more than just serving in the church, too. That is something He has been driving home to me lately. I have been serving in the church since I was 12 years old and too old to attend Sunday school, so I jumped right into ministry. Now, I have stepped down from both children's ministry and youth ministry for a time while I look at churches in the area. It has been strange and emotional to not have that tie, and I feel sometimes that I am not being a "good" Christian by not having a ministry and not attending one specific church, and yet God has been teaching me so much more now that I have time to take the time to listen. It's important to take those breaks, whether they are thrust upon your or you seek them yourself, so that you can take care of areas you need to grow in, to recognize and repent of sins you may not have noticed before, to spend time in the word and in prayer to develop a deeper relationship with Him so that when you step back into ministry you are stronger and can contribute in an even better way.

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2015
✟7,651.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

There are all kinds of things you can do to further the Great Commission, even if you can't go outside. I know from experience. Every fall around October for four years I was so ill that I could not step outside my house.

But I was able to tell the gospel on the internet, and out of that trial came my first published article. People I've never met may read those words and God may convict them through them.

Not all of us are the Apostle Paul, Peter, or John. Some of us are Matthews and Lukes. Matthew and Luke scarcely show up on the pages of the Bible, yet their accounts of Jesus' ministry and the Early Church have influenced the lives of billions.

God has a place for you just as he does for healthy young men, and he doesn't love you any less because you can't carry potato sacks around anymore.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 25, 2013
✟8,323.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
There are all kinds of things you can do to further the Great Commission, even if you can't go outside. I know from experience. Every fall around October for four years I was so ill that I could not step outside my house.

But I was able to tell the gospel on the internet, and out of that trial came my first published article. People I've never met may read those words and God may convict them through them.

Not all of us are the Apostle Paul, Peter, or John. Some of us are Matthews and Lukes. Matthew and Luke scarcely show up on the pages of the Bible, yet their accounts of Jesus' ministry and the Early Church have influenced the lives of billions.

God has a place for you just as he does for healthy young men, and he doesn't love you any less because you can't carry potato sacks around anymore.

That's great, CDW! I hope you're feeling a lot better now!:)

I've tried to post stuff on FB, and most of my family or friends I knew way back when won't listen. Actually I'm going to make post about it soon. Oh, put cute pictures of kitty cats and puppies and someone will surely like it.
Leave religion out of it though. I've even had my parent's tell me to delete some posts.

I do want to do God's work, but I'm sort of in a funk right now with my back getting better and being somewhat reclusive. I find the more we're in, the harder it is over time to get back out.

Where were you telling the Gospel on the internet? Was it Youtube or somewhere like that?

Upvote 0

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
... Ok. What Jonathon Edwards states is that we cannot make it to Heaven unless we can fully repent or stop our sin problems. Lord Jesus paid our sin debts in full on the cross, him and God knowing we could never stop sinning ourselves...
There were no photographs or videos 325-370 years ago, but john Bunyan understood about dealing with sin in his own heart. Take time, and read those short books. It shouldn't take long, and it will help you greatly, as it did me.

Take note that the following passages are the very words of our LORD Jesus Christ.
Matthew 7

Luke 13

John 10
9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

John 14
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

If there is a RESTRICTIVE (Strait) GATE and NARROW ROAD (Way,) that leads to eternal life, as our LORD has stated, we must be sure we find it, and do what is necessary to enter there. If there is but one DOOR, and that is our LORD Himself, we absolutely must be sure that is how we go in to find life. If there be, but few that find it, we must be upon seeking to do that, and leave the things of this world behind.

Upvote 0

BrokenWarrior

Just a Messenger
Dec 29, 2014
Where ever my Lord's work is to be done.
✟8,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Brother, I'm in the same boat as you. I've been struggling with this addiction too and it's caused me and my relationship with Christ to be tested alot...

But I'm trying and that's really what I would say you should do..
The advice I've gotten I'll try my best to pass onto you.

First off, are you saved? Well this is hard to tell at first but here's a couple of things you can check to see. Do you Love God? Do you want to obey him? Do you accept Him and His truth? Do you believe Jesus by grace through faith is the only way of justification? If so, there's a really good chance you are saved or at the absolute least being called...

Now if you are saved... congratulations you have been forgiven all past, present, and future sins... as scripture says "There is no longer condemnation by the Law for those under Grace"(not exact quote but that's what it means)

Now, never forget that...no matter what you do he'll forgive.
You didn't do anything to earn your salvation, you can't sin too much to lose it either, if you could that would mean you need to be good to stay saved, which means something other then faith in Jesus would save, which means the Bible is inconsistent, which would mean... well, you see my point right? That's obviously not the case (Thank God).

The only things that would make you unsaved(as far as I'm aware) Is Blaspheming the Holy Spirit, Trusting in something other than Christ, or flat out rejecting Christ and His gift...

We will all continue to struggle with sin but as long as your sorry, and confess and ask God for forgiveness, and continue to try and serve Him, "He is faithfull to forgive us all unrighteousness"

I HIGHLY recommend reading the book of Romans, Paul explains a lot about salvation and life after being saved (even explaining his own struggles with sin)

I will pray for you on this journey, I hope you , in turn, will pray for me.

Your definitely not alone in this, even if I'm the only other one struggling with you (and I'm not the only one) your not alone... feel free to pm me if you ever have questions.

-The Lowest Servant

Upvote 0

James Is Back

CF's Official Locksmith
Aug 21, 2014
Oklahoma
✟32,480.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Having struggling with inappropriate content twice in my life I know how this sin affects the mind. It wasn't until several months ago I finally quit. I suffered through sever insomnia and was humbled by it to the point where I just said enough I'm not doing this before. Because of that I drew closer to God then I was before and now want to get into the Ministry side of the equation.

It's a hard addiction to break. The only thing I can tell you is pray to God to give you the strength to beat his addiction,talk to family and friends,go to the Mens inappropriate contentography Addiction forum and maybe talk to a Pastor.

By the way I said a prayer for you for God to help you with this awful addiction.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Nord Christian. In Luke 10: 25-28: Jesus is asked: " Master, what must I do to have eternal life?" Jesus tells him: " what is written in the Law?"
The man answers: " thou shall love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind; the second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself." Jesus said to him: " you have answered right, do this and you shall live." In Matthew 7: 7-10: we are told: " ask and you shall receive," here we ask God for Love and Joy, then we thank God, and share all love and joy with our neighbour: all we know and all we meet, friends and not friends. We keep asking and receiving, then thank God and share all with our neighbour. God will see our loving efforts, and God will approve and bless us. We might stumble and forget at times, but then we ask God to forgive us, and carry on Loving and caring.
The Bible tells us to " Repent and to be Born Again," change from being selfish and unloving, to be Loving and Caring. The Holy Spirit will help and guide us, and Jesus our Saviour will lead us all the way: JESUS IS THE WAY.
People who want to go their own way, will end up in OUTER DARKNESS,
without God`s Love and Light. We are told: " whosoever will, may come."
I say this with love, Nord Christian. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0