Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I've had many people tell me that God doesn't "perform parlor tricks" or that God will not meet me on my terms, only on his terms. If I am to say I will only meet God on my terms, then how is what I'm doing any different from what God is doing?

My terms are very simple for God or anyone else who both knows everything and can easily communicate with humans.

See http://www.christianforums.com/t7613145/ for more on this.

I ask:
This thread is for asking God questions. Since there are Christians in here who claim to be able to communicate with God, we'll count on them to ask the questions and then post God's answer when they get a response from God.

First question is to test God's knowledge:
What polar direction am I sitting in as I type this?
West, southwest, south, southeast, east, northeast, north or northwest?
Yet after 16 pages, no one comes back with a response from God. Why would God be so reluctant to do something which would move one closer to believing God exists?

Last edited:

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I've had many people tell me that God doesn't "perform parlor tricks" or that God will not meet me on my terms, only on his terms. If I am to say I will only meet God on my terms, then how is what I'm doing any different from what God is doing?

It's no different. But you aren't God.

Selah.

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

If the President decides to declare war on North Korea what happens?
The military mobilizes and people die.

Now what would happen if you decide to personally declare war on North Korea?
Would anything happen differently in this country or that one? Why not?

In a word; Authority.

In this case the President has the Authority to declare war on another country, and you do not. The Same thing is true but on a much larger scale when speaking with the Creator of everything. You as a member of creation do not have the authority to dictate terms to the Creator. He however has dictated terms to you. Your primary obstacle in the terms He has dictated to all of us is Humility. You have to learn to humble yourself before God, and allow Him to lift you up. Otherwise know you will die in your pride dooming yourself to eternal separation from God.

Upvote 0

Whisper of Hope

Oct 4, 2011
✟12,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

In a word; Authority.

In this case the President has the Authority to declare war on another country, and you do not. The Same thing is true but on a much larger scale when speaking with the Creator of everything. You as a member of creation do not have the authority to dictate terms to the Creator. He however has dictated terms to you. Your primary obstacle in the terms He has dictated to all of us is Humility. You have to learn to humble yourself before God, and allow Him to lift you up. Otherwise know you will die in your pride dooming yourself to eternal separation from God.

Amen.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God will not meet me on my terms

Why? Because He is G-d, and we are not.

That IS your answer, no need to keep looking. He wants this acknowledgment.
Now contrast that to the way you've been thinking:

If I am to say I will only meet God on my terms, then how is what I'm doing any different from what God is doing?

You are demanding that G-d Himself acknowledge you, as G-d, or as His equal. Not gonna happen buddy. This was Lucifer's mistake! (Ya know, those that don't know history are doomed to repeat it and all that)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You are demanding that G-d Himself acknowledge you, as G-d, or as His equal. Not gonna happen buddy. This was Lucifer's mistake! (Ya know, those that don't know history are doomed to repeat it and all that)[/quote]

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
It's no different. But you aren't God.

Selah.
If I'm stubbornly insisting that God meet me on my terms, then God is stubbornly insisting that I meet God on his terms. Is being stubborn a quality that God would be proud to have? More importantly, if God is real, then he can do anything. So deviating from his stubbornness would be far easy for him than it would be for me.

Why is God so stubborn?

Reactions: ke1985
Upvote 0

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private

In a word; Authority.

I'm not declaring war on God. If God knows what I'm thinking, then he already knows that I have dictated terms to him. I guess whether or not I have the authority to do that is moot, as I've already done it.

Upvote 0

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Why? Because He is G-d, and we are not.

That IS your answer, no need to keep looking. He wants this acknowledgment.
Now contrast that to the way you've been thinking:

You are demanding that G-d Himself acknowledge you, as G-d, or as His equal. Not gonna happen buddy. This was Lucifer's mistake! (Ya know, those that don't know history are doomed to repeat it and all that)
So God won't meet me on my terms because he is God.

Do you know want to know why I won't meet God on his terms? Because I am me. Given your answer, I'd say you should now understand why I won't meet God on his terms.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Great question Cieza, millions of times better than "what polar direction am I facing?". You might come to understand God better in this thread :clap:
Thanks for being one of the few who is humble enough to acknowledge that it is a great question.

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If I'm stubbornly insisting that God meet me on my terms, then God is stubbornly insisting that I meet God on his terms. Is being stubborn a quality that God would be proud to have? More importantly, if God is real, then he can do anything. So deviating from his stubbornness would be far easy for him than it would be for me.

Why is God so stubborn?

I think if you are a king you will be looking for certain qualities in your recruits. If someone refuses to comply with your requirements then why waste both their time and yours when you know they aren't suitable?

Reactions: razeontherock
Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for being one of the few who is humble enough to acknowledge that it is a great question.

Hmmm, it might seem that way to you but to me I didn't have to struggle with pride to say that. It is good to see you are determined to understand it. There was a time when I thought you were just trolling, I think this thread proves that you are seriously feeling agitated by the situation you are in, that's good because when you have all the information you can make a well informed decision :) I think it was easier for me because I had Christian teaching as a child, so I learned the nature of God very young. I went away from Christianity for a while though when I wanted something that God didn't want to give me, but eventually I realized the folly of worldly wants and Jesus welcomed me back like a long lost son. Well anyway I wish you all the best while you get to the bottom of it :wave:

Reactions: Forgiven828
Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So God won't meet me on my terms because he is God.

Do you know want to know why I won't meet God on his terms? Because I am me.

The word for this is "pride." As evidenced:

Given your answer, I'd say you should now understand why I won't meet God on his terms.

You see, the stated purpose of this sub-forum is not to grandstand why you won't meet God in His terms, but to ... explore Christianity. It's ok though; life circumstances humble us all, sooner or later. Even Christopher Hitchens!

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

I figure like any good parent, one doesn't simply meet the demands of their child when the child is acting bratty.

Of course that's not a theological or philosophical response, just an off-the-cuff and partially tongue-in-cheek one.

What sort of answer do you want to receive here?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0