The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After weeks of little activity here, this forum has seen a sudden increase in new threads, most of which started by those who do not appear to fit the definition of this group, and who question the rest of us regarding why we hold the views we do.

I like the increased discussion here, but am curious as to how it all happened to occur in a short time period? Any thoughts on that?

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"the man that heareth speaketh constantly."
Thanks, I think. But rather than quote scripture (I am assuming) I would appreciate your thoughts in your own words.

Upvote 0

ISTANDBYJESUS

Joseph Melo
Sep 21, 2014
Heaven: in the Spirit of Christ
✟791.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks, I think. But rather than quote scripture (I am assuming) I would appreciate your thoughts in your own words.

The forum I thought you were referring to was the website as a whole: I write many things because I hear the truth, the word of God:

for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The forum I thought you were referring to was the website as a whole: I write many things because I hear the truth, the word of God:

for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
I perhaps should have been clearer that I was referring to this particular sub-forum, "The Lord's Table". There were very few new threads for several months, then a bunch in November. Many of those posts were started by members who are "visitors" to this particular forum. I am fine with that, but am surprised at the sudden interest and am curious whether there is a reason for it.

On a related note, there are several newer members who have posted here, and their contributions are welcome. The more diversity, the better the discussion (I hope).

Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, what's the Lord's Table forum about, besides the obvious title. Or where can I read about it ?
If you click on the title of this subforum, you will find a permanent thread near the top of the list of threads that defines the "purpose" of the forum. This should be true of all other sub-forums on the site. The Lord's Table is designed as a place for "liberal Catholics", which is apparently defined in various ways by different people, to discuss issues of interest without the harassment they have found on other sub-forums.

Thanks for your interest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it's just a coincidence, probably. My own thread was motivated purely by personal curiosity, at least :grin:
I think curiosity brings people to a forum or thread, but we have seen a sudden increase in thread creation, many of a similar nature. If I am curious about a forum group I would first check out the "statement of purpose" and review a few threads. Perhaps others just jump right in with queries.

You are likely right about it being simply curiosity. But it is almost as if people had never considered that Catholics could be "liberal". What should be mentioned is that most visible members of the Church, bishops, the Curia and others who speak for the Church, are not representative of the total spectrum of Catholics. The "official line" that comes out of Rome is more traditional and conservative, and is intended to defend Church positions and boost the image of the Church. But reality is quite different, and when we have a Pope, bishops, theologians and others who seem "outside the lines" in their statements and actions, many people are surprised and some are even disturbed. But the Church is not as monolithic as some think and hope.

One nice result of the sudden attention has been to boost activity on this forum and perhaps get more people to post here.

Upvote 0