Why "some" Christians reject the Jews, and the rest forgive them.

Notrash

May 5, 2007
In my body
✟10,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Christ has yet to return..

Do you deny his (continuous) coming (indwelling) in the flesh? I john 4:2

Do you lolk to heaven to bring him down? Read Rom 10:5-8. Where is the word supposed to be now?

How did God say he would render his vengeance against those who persecuted those who recieved him i. deut 32:42? Read in nkjv.

Upvote 0

Notrash

May 5, 2007
In my body
✟10,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This thread comes down to ignoring what the Apostle to the Gentiles warns us not to ignore..

How that Israel is blinded in part until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in..

Every babe in Christ knows that The Lord is building His church..

What they often do not know and understand is that the OT is absolutely crystal clear in teaching that Israel shall be saved in the time of the end..

It's largely a matter of ignorance as Paul says.. And can only lead to one thing.

Becoming wise in our own conceits...

It's a common but sad story amongst Christianity.

How the words "read" in english translation and to a reader 2000 yrs later are not
neccessarily what the writer meant. Thats what I'm trying go educate to you. Do the word definitions look up the context of what the ot prophecy is talking about from where Paul quotes. Realize the times in which the original readers were living in. Do the work. Read my blig article linked to on page one if to lazy to do the work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you deny his (continuous) coming (indwelling) in the flesh? I john 4:2

Do you lolk to heaven to bring him down? Read Rom 10:5-8. Where is the word supposed to be now?

How did God say he would render his vengeance against those who persecuted those who recieved him i. deut 32:42? Read in nkjv.

The NKJV isn't exactly a favored translation for Bible study..

I use NASB,ESV,KJV,NIV

Anywho..

Christ has come in the flesh, and ascended to the Father.

Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

This verse is telling us how to identify other believers.

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

1Jn 4:2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God;

Simple.

Upvote 0

Notrash

May 5, 2007
In my body
✟10,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I use NASB,ESV,KJV,NIV

Anywho..

Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

1Jn 4:2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God;

Simple.
Yes it is simple, but in the context of what john is explaining what does "in the flesh" mean? See post 74 & 80 even I John 4:4 two verses later acknowðedges it.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I use NASB,ESV,KJV,NIV

Anywho..

Simple.[/QUOTE
Yes it is simple, but in the context of what john is explaining what does "in the flesh" mean? See post 74 & 80 even I John 4:4 two verses later acknowðedges it.

It means that Christ is God, and God incarnated in the flesh.

Christ was prophesied to come in the OT, in the flesh, as a human.

Baby level Christianity basics..

Upvote 0

Notrash

May 5, 2007
In my body
✟10,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It means that Christ is God, and God incarnated in the flesh.

Christ was prophesied to come in the OT, in the flesh, as a human.

Baby level Christianity basics..

It means much more than that. Your not open to learn or study or are inte.tiinally avoiding or dragging out the obvious answer. See the references in 1 john in post 74 again and the explanation in post 80. "In the flesh" not only means his incarnatiin but the indwelling of his person. vs 4:4 says greater is he WHO IS IN YOU" than he who is in the world. John is talking of the perpetual indwelling of christ and his attributes in those who recieve or "EAT" him as being the father . john 6

What about the other questions?

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

How the words "read" in english translation and to a reader 2000 yrs later are not neccessarily what the writer meant. Thats what I'm trying go educate to you.

This makes sense to me..

That a person would be led to believe that they need to be educated in order to learn what the simple truth of the bible is..

Now I can understand where you're coming from..

All I can say is that you may want to stop listening to those who claim to be infallible and simply embrace what the scripture actually DO SAY, rather than what someone teaches you that they say..

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It means much more than that. Your not open to learn or study or are inte.tiinally avoiding or dragging out the obvious answer. See the references in 1 john in post 74 again and the explanation in post 80. "In the flesh" not only means his incarnatiin but the indwelling of his person. vs 4:4 says greater is he WHO IS IN YOU" than he who is in the world. John is talking of the perpetual indwelling of christ and his attributes in those who recieve or "EAT" him as being the father . john 6

What about the other questions?

Sorry, Christ already came, died, and ascended to the Father.

He came in the flesh, was crucified, and rose from the dead.

Its pretty simple..

The Koine Greek vernacular has been accurately translated in this verse. Its not a hard concept to understand.

Upvote 0

Notrash

May 5, 2007
In my body
✟10,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This makes sense to me..

That a person would be led to believe that they need to be educated in order to learn what the simple truth of the bible is..

Now I can understand where you're coming from..

All I can say is that you may want to stop listening to those who claim to be infallible and simply embrace what the scripture actually DO SAY, rather than what someone teaches you that they say..

Sorry to disappoint you. I take accountability for my own study. I thi.k yoj'll find that you views hace been 'taught by men. I'm diing original study which your too lazy or critical to do.

Again, I don't hold the letters as prophetic "graphe" or "scriptures but "epistole" as both paul and peter refer of them. Graphe can be prophetic, epistole is explanatory. This is simple 8th grade grammer.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry to disappoint you. I take accountability for my own study. I thi.k yoj'll find that you views hace been 'taught by men. I'm diing original study which your too lazy or critical to do.

Again, I don't hold the letters as prophetic "graphe" or "scriptures but "epistole" as both paul and peter refer of them. Graphe can be prophetic, epistole is explanatory. This is simple 8th grade grammer.

So you don't believe Paul, who was instructed by Christ, has as much validity as Christ himself?

Pauls words are God breathed..

Its not that hard to understand.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
O

Old Timer

As I do my own..

And yes, I'm sorry too for believing that Israel is blinded in part until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in..

I understand that you require teachers to explain that this doesn't mean what it says..

I'm sorry that I believe that Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles until the times of the gentiles be fulfilled..

I understand that you require teachers to explain that this doesn't mean what it says..

And sorry that I believe that The Lord shall not eat of the Passover or drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God shall come..

And yes.. I understand that you've been taught by your teachers that it already has come and that this is it..

I understand perfectly where you are coming from.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks all for folllwing alo.g. I trust much can be learned by the discussion about the topic a.d about peoples attitudes. Rom 11 is notþa prophecy of the the. distant future but a educatiin and remi.derþof things to occur to the original readers.

The Bible wasn't just written for those during that time.

It was given to all generations, otherwise you are trying to turn the Bible into a history book with no bearing on the future, which simply isn't possible.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I do my own..

And yes, I'm sorry too for believing that Israel is blinded in part until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in..

I'm sorry that I believe that Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles until the times of the gentiles be fulfilled..

And sorry that I believe that The Lord shall not eat of the Passover or drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God shall come..

And yes.. I understand that you've been taught by your teachers that it already has come and that this is it..

I understand perfectly where you are coming from.

What did I tell you huh?

They are only capable of telling you what scripture DOESNT say..:D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Notrash

May 5, 2007
In my body
✟10,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So you don't believe Paul, who was instructed by Christ, has as much validity as Christ himself?
Pauls words are God breathed..
Its not that hard to understand.
Paul himself says to not be of Paul or Appolos or Peter. Christ is the head and only authority. The others explained and supported him, and the OT fulfillments. They wrote to encourage the faith of others, not to lord over their faith. 2 cor 1. I believe they were accurate in their understandings, interpretations exegesis and writings to their firsg century readers and applicable beyond the first century audience in principles.

Where do you get the notion that Pauls letters are "God breathed" ?
The letter of revelation is a minor exception because John was given the short term vision a.d told to write the things down and send it to the churches in asia minor.

Was the letter that Paul wrote to Timothy among the "holy scripture" that he read as a child and which were able to make him wise unto salvation? How could that be? Did Timothy secretly have Pauks letters written 20 yrs later by a special delivery of an abgel?

Did Timothy have ANY of the gospels, the acs or the epistles in 45 or so AD, let alone the one Paul had just written to him?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul himself says to not be of Paul or Appolos or Peter. Christ is the head and only authority. The others explained and supported him, and the OT fulfillments. They wrote to encourage the faith of others, not to lord over their faith. 2 cor 1. I believe they were accurate in their understandings, interpretations exegesis and writings to their firsg century readers and applicable beyond the first century audience in principles.

The letter of revelation is a minor exception because John was given the short term vision a.d told to write the things down and send it to the churches in asia minor.

Was the letter that Paul wrote to Timothy among the "holy scripture" that he read as a child and which were able to make him wise unto salvation? How could that be? Did Timothy secretly have Pauks letters written 20 yrs later by a special delivery of an abgel?

Did Timothy have ANY of the gospels, the acs or the epistles in 45 or so AD, let alone the one Paul had just written to him?

2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

It is written..

Sorry, God 1 you 0.

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

I would think that any person who has been born again by the incorruptible seed of the word of God would know this without a doubt.

Who in the world would argue that they're not?

IMO it would be any person who has not been born again by the incorruptible seed of the word of God.. or more importantly.. someone who would have men believe that they're nothing more than a first century history lesson without life or spirit..

Here's what the Apostle to the circumcision would say to this I think..

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

The Apostle Paul speaks of the Day of the Lord.. as do the OT Prophets.. and many of the things which he says and writes are clearly prophetic..

Although when people insist that the Day of the Lord has already come.. and that Christ has already come.. and that the resurrection is past.. and that everything in the holy scriptures has been somehow summed up in the destruction of Jerusalem in AD70..

I'm sorry, but it's simply sheer nonsense and should never even be considered in a Christian forum..

Seriously..

What's the point..

I think that after a while it becomes obvious that the only intent is to destroy the faith and hope that Christians actually DO HAVE in the future promises of God..

Because hope that is seen, is no hope at all.

Upvote 0