✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The question you should ask is "Why should I not trust God?"
Or more like it why should God trust you? I find it so funny that we as Christians even think Why should I trust God.

It took a gun to the back of my head to make me understand. I had whined, complained, cried, prayed, fought, cussed, had sex before marriage, associated with criminals, lied, cheated boarderline lost my mind. Why did God trust me? Why did he trust me enough to save my life?

What I can tell you is nothing is going to get better. Not sinning and being obediant is a good start. But you know what is even better then that doing what is pleasing to God. Reading your bible, praying, fellowshiping with other christians, being charitable, being faithful, forgiving those that sin against you, not being judgemental......and most importantly trusting him.

Our relationship with Christ is really like a marriage relationship. I dont know how true it is but they say the person that is cheating tends to accuse the other spouse. Christ isn't "cheating on" you so why don't you trust him?

Really truely and honestly I had people in my apartment, a friend hiding under my bed and a gun to the back of my head listening to people talk about how they should aim at the window because cops wont find the bullet. Im supposed to be dead the devil meant to kill me. Christ saved my life and if I get the feeling God is telling me to get in my car and drive till I stop I bet I dont run outta gas.

Your out of place question God like that. Why should you trust him? Why should He trust you? Why should He trust me? Why should He trust any of us? We cheat on Him all the time and all He ever did was love us.

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟9,658.00
Faith
Baptist
A lot of people say "Why should I trust God?"
The real question is, "Why should God trust you?"

We are completely undeserving of the blood that Christ shed. That's what makes it so amazing. Absolute, unconditional love.

And yet after knowing this, we continue to sin, continue to go against God. Why SHOULD God trust you? You've promised to stop sinning, yet you keep sliding back, keep messing up. I guess that's why we need Christ so bad, huh? Because Christ can't trust us with saving ourselves. So He just saved us Himself instead.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.