Why should anyone minister to Christians?

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think this a great question...especially considering the following prophecy, but this must be end-times and not now huh?

--

Jeremiah 31:34
No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest,” declares the Lord. “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”

Upvote 0

DLR

Dec 30, 2015
Iowa
✟8,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There we can agree. At the same time there are disagreements because there is false doctrine in the church.

And therein lies one of our greatest challenges. We have a duty to address false doctrine, but IMO we should not address these matters with the same tone as Jesus. Many here do and it ends bad. To state the obvious, he is sinless and has authority to speak in unambiguous terms without regard to hurting somebody's feelings. Correcting others done improperly comes off as hypocritical in the opinion of many. Do I want to correct the false doctrine, or beat somebody down so I can "win"? I constantly try to remind myself of that before I enter conflict.

Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And therein lies one of our greatest challenges. We have a duty to address false doctrine, but IMO we should not address these matters with the same tone as Jesus. Many here do and it ends bad. To state the obvious, he is sinless and has authority to speak in unambiguous terms without regard to hurting somebody's feelings. Correcting others done improperly comes off as hypocritical in the opinion of many. Do I want to correct the false doctrine, or beat somebody down so I can "win"? I constantly try to remind myself of that before I enter conflict.

Very well said.

Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I agree, but disagree too. I agree to the broad sense of your comment. It is a challenge and the tone should be out of love and not to win a fight. I disagree in a more fine tune scope, because each case is different and each person has different degrees to what offends them in forums like this. Unless the Baptist forum was divided into two parts Sections and had rules to prevent the other camp to come in and argue, nothing will change. Natural man kicks in at some point. Also, there is a point where you can say those with "thin skins" win over those with "thick skin", if you force the "Thick skins" to suppress what they believe. That isn't love by the "thin skins".

The reason I said "because their is false theology in the church", isn't because it's quite apparent. If there is an Arminian and Calvinist arguing, the reality is 1. one of them is wrong, 2. Both are wrong, or 3. Both have certain points in their positions that are partially right and other parts wrong. BUT there is a right answer and it could be a different denomination who is completely correct on the soteriology (clearly not the nondenoms).

So yes we need to be more loving, but also be willing to take punches. The challenge is we can't suppress Truth.

Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

DLR

Dec 30, 2015
Iowa
✟8,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree, but disagree too. I agree to the broad sense of your comment. It is a challenge and the tone should be out of love and not to win a fight. I disagree in a more fine tune scope, because each case is different and each person has different degrees to what offends them in forums like this. Unless the Baptist forum was divided into two parts Sections and had rules to prevent the other camp to come in and argue, nothing will change. Natural man kicks in at some point. Also, there is a point where you can say those with "thin skins" win over those with "thick skin", if you force the "Thick skins" to suppress what they believe. That isn't love by the "thin skins".

The reason I said "because their is false theology in the church", isn't because it's quite apparent. If there is an Arminian and Calvinist arguing, the reality is 1. one of them is wrong, 2. Both are wrong, or 3. Both have certain points in their positions that are partially right and other parts wrong. BUT there is a right answer and it could be a different denomination who is completely correct on the soteriology (clearly not the nondenoms).

So yes we need to be more loving, but also be willing to take punches. The challenge is we can't suppress Truth.

I don't think we have a significant disagreement. I'm fairly new to religious internet forums. I'm sure more of your post will make sense to me soon as I find the correct forums to participate in. So far, too much of what I have seen on this and several other sites has just been ugly and non-productive for Christianity. A LOT different than my real life exchanges with others who don't share my views. I like to think I do more good than harm and that will continue to be my goal. I'll try not to be one of the thin skins if we meet on another thread Mike. :)

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

:oldthumbsup::oldthumbsup::oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

See and that is the problem that you don't see. Children of God take enough punches from the world they should never have to take them by their so called brothers or sisters. The Bible says this if anyone says they love God but hates his brother he is a lair if you can not love your brother you see you can not love God who you do not see. Sorry I like to relax around my family I should not need a thick skin with my family in Christ. That is the issue right there.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
See and that is the problem that you don't see. Children of God take enough punches from the world they should never have to take them by their so called brothers or sisters. The Bible says this if anyone says they love God but hates his brother he is a lair if you can not love your brother you see you can not love God who you do not see. Sorry I like to relax around my family I should not need a thick skin with my family in Christ. That is the issue right there.
What does your signature say? "If you read this I challenge you to pray for one person today." Are you not aware that many of your posts reflect the nature of this, your signature? Many of your posts are challenges, a call to engage in a battle of the wits. Take this very thread for instance. You open it up with, "Can you answer this question?" That is a challenge. But challenge is good! We ought to challenge each other's faith and understanding. If it is done in love, then it's all good. We are charitable to think that you are loving in your challenges, please be charitable in your thinking toward ours. We love you man, that's why we're all here. We are all brothers in Christ contending earnestly for the faith Jude 1:3, sharpening each other Proverbs 27:17, and seeking to build each other up in the most holy faith Jude 1:20. It's all good!

Reactions: DLR
Upvote 0

DLR

Dec 30, 2015
Iowa
✟8,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I have no idea of any history you guys/gals may have, but it sounds like there is some history. If you are looking for 100% consensus you better choose your thread topics very carefully, and don't start any threads of your own. Most of this site is a debate forum. That drives post counts and advertising revenue. It's just reality and you don't have to participate there if it doesn't bring pleasure. Most sites do have safe zones. They get few posts and are generally boring, but it's an option for you.

Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I would love to say "I'm completely with you". But if I'm to go along with this, I'll be forced to suppress when I disagree. You don't want me to say something that sounds negative towards your view. I would love to have a restful place of Christians where I could relax, feel at home, feel like I'm with family and grow closer to God with. That's absolutely what I would love. I would love to be able to disagree and know it's understood we are still brothers in Christ.

Somehow a disconnect happens. A discussion pops up. Heads begin to turn. Twitching in the faces appear. Tightness in the jaws take hold. They're hearing a person say what their pastor said was bad theology. What do they do? Ignore? Respond? laugh awkwardly? Is it loving to agree when you really don't agree? What is a loving response? I'm not sure everyone can agree even on this.

Whatever the answer is I think this thread is a good start.

Upvote 0

Pastor D Dutton

Pastor D Dutton
Jan 16, 2016
El Paso Tx
✟7,713.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Two New Forums in Outreach!CF Christmas video 2015
Why should anyone minister to Christians? Christians need help especially today this has become a battle cry from the atheist to the seculiar non-believing in Christ people. Jesus told his disciples about people that was doing what they were doing Jesus Said leave them alone, fighting one another over small issues as a Christian I need all the Brothers and Sisters in Christ doing what God would have us do the Great Commission and tell the world about him and make our Goal to help lead as many souls to Christ as we can. Love one another that was Jesus Christ Commandment is to know you is to love you, when we show the love of Christ to one another thats how Christ tells if were one of his? Minister help comfort Love

Upvote 0

John Robie

Just checking in.
Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟32,545.00
Faith
Christian
Just to point out the obvious, this is what you are doing. You want to be right and will argue with those who disagree.

And now you will argue with me and tell me that you are right.

That makes my point.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What does your signature say? "If you read this I challenge you to pray for one person today." Are you not aware that many of your posts reflect the nature of this, your signature? Many of your posts are challenges, a call to engage in a battle of the wits. Take this very thread for instance. You open it up with, "Can you answer this question?" That is a challenge. But challenge is good! We ought to challenge each other's faith and understanding. If it is done in love, then it's all good. We are charitable to think that you are loving in your challenges, please be charitable in your thinking toward ours. We love you man, that's why we're all here. We are all brothers in Christ contending earnestly for the faith Jude 1:3, sharpening each other Proverbs 27:17, and seeking to build each other up in the most holy faith Jude 1:20. It's all good!
mmmm ok you do know i am not upset? The problem is you can not hear tone of voice over online so it is hard to get a read. I speak in a matter of fact way, it is the way I speak. I never can seem to post with out some one thinking i am up set, why is that?

Sorry but challenges are not punches, a punch is a jab or shot at someone sorry but that is not productive. Thick skin is nothing more than having your guard up and a wall. I am starting to think a good rule of thumb would be to speak to the person as if Jesus was standing right beside you.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have no idea of any history you guys/gals may have, but it sounds like there is some history. If you are looking for 100% consensus you better choose your thread topics very carefully, and don't start any threads of your own. Most of this site is a debate forum. That drives post counts and advertising revenue. It's just reality and you don't have to participate there if it doesn't bring pleasure. Most sites do have safe zones. They get few posts and are generally boring, but it's an option for you.

Ok, I can debate with anyone, do it all the time in school and i enjoy it. It never breaks out to insults or name calling which on here it always someone comes in who wants to insult, attack, and start an arugement. We have already had one in this thread trying to lure me into an arugement, I put him on ignore, done. Sorry but when you start attacking the person that is logical fallacy and not allow in debates, which people commit a lot of logical fallacies on here. People do not do that in school because they get a 0 if they do. It is not allowed in debate. sure if there were debate rules great, but the Baptist forum is not a debate forum it is for baptist to fellowship but has turned into a debate forum with everyone debating even those not baptist. speaking is against the rules. I have asked for a Calvinist forum because this is a small branch of baptist how ever they said no. They tend to be the ones when you say anything they don't like they preach their doctrine, well most baptist do not believe that. So you get conflict instead of fellowship. I came here I thought finally a place where I can relax not worry about the world, wrong this place is just like the world you always have to be on guard and ready for an attack. People say this is not a church, i would say they are wrong the church is the body of Christ made up of those who are saved. That is another problem people go to church put on their best behavior then the rest of the week raise hell. Sorry but that does not reflect a repented heart.

For the record before you say it I am not upset I am simply speak truth as I see it in according to scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I would love to say "I'm completely with you". But if I'm to go along with this, I'll be forced to suppress when I disagree. You don't want me to say something that sounds negative towards your view. I would love to have a restful place of Christians where I could relax, feel at home, feel like I'm with family and grow closer to God with. That's absolutely what I would love. I would love to be able to disagree and know it's understood we are still brothers in Christ.

Somehow a disconnect happens. A discussion pops up. Heads begin to turn. Twitching in the faces appear. Tightness in the jaws take hold. They're hearing a person say what their pastor said was bad theology. What do they do? Ignore? Respond? laugh awkwardly? Is it loving to agree when you really don't agree? What is a loving response? I'm not sure everyone can agree even on this.

Whatever the answer is I think this thread is a good start.

You can disagree and that is the beauty of it, we should be able to discuss things like they would over a meal in the old days and everyone is still friends. The problem is when people start insulting one another, that is not ok, calling names any attack on the person is not ok. That is what I am saying. I started putting people on ignore who do this so I never have to speak to them again or see their post. I am sorry but if my Christian brother did that to me i would be worried but most people are not. How can anyone think it is ok to offend their brother so much that they never want to speak to them again? I am not going to say the persons name but even in this very thread a person came in looking for an arugement. They did not address the topic at all but made references to me as a person. That is not ok, most times i get into it with such people and you know what happens they get offend report me and the mods say I wish you would have report their first post then they would be in trouble not you. They start the fight then go cry because they are offend. People say have a thick skin, and I can have one then the problem is other report me because their skin is to thin. Do you see how hypercritical all this is? I use to be a fighter I can take a punch trust me, the problem is no one wants me to hit back, they want to beat up on me with my hands tied, neither way is the way of Jesus. Jesus would do what I did in this post just flee, I put the person on ignore. Do you see the problem I have? People want to offend me and me say nothing, but if i jab back they report. It is a game and such people you got to question if they are even saved.

My blood brother plays a game with God. He was telling me something that was wrong, i said no, and He arrogantly ask The Holy Spirit to correct him, he started yelling it over and over, then he lost his mind and out of no where started saying i said He was damned, that i denied The Holy Spirit, that I was in danger of hell for saying he was damned, I said I never said such a thing, then out of no where it came out of me your own words convict you. He became terrified and hung up. Now I don't know if that was correction from God or what. That is a very hard correction if it is, I don't take pleasure in people going to hell. So I am left going what just happen.

but back to topic. In honest i did not expect one person to post to this thread, It was How i felt and was just going to take a break from forums. It is very frustrating when the only thing you are trying to do is help the person understand God better and it resorts to name calling mocking laughing and other insults. It just leaves you with well i guess this post which is why bother?

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Two New Forums in Outreach!CF Christmas video 2015
Why should anyone minister to Christians? Christians need help especially today this has become a battle cry from the atheist to the seculiar non-believing in Christ people. Jesus told his disciples about people that was doing what they were doing Jesus Said leave them alone, fighting one another over small issues as a Christian I need all the Brothers and Sisters in Christ doing what God would have us do the Great Commission and tell the world about him and make our Goal to help lead as many souls to Christ as we can. Love one another that was Jesus Christ Commandment is to know you is to love you, when we show the love of Christ to one another thats how Christ tells if were one of his? Minister help comfort Love
What if they don't want it?

Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You can disagree and that is the beauty of it, we should be able to discuss things like they would over a meal in the old days and everyone is still friends. The problem is when people start insulting one another, that is not ok, calling names any attack on the person is not ok. That is what I am saying. I started putting people on ignore who do this so I never have to speak to them again or see their post. I am sorry but if my Christian brother did that to me i would be worried but most people are not. How can anyone think it is ok to offend their brother so much that they never want to speak to them again? I am not going to say the persons name but even in this very thread a person came in looking for an arugement. They did not address the topic at all but made references to me as a person. That is not ok, most times i get into it with such people and you know what happens they get offend report me and the mods say I wish you would have report their first post then they would be in trouble not you. They start the fight then go cry because they are offend. People say have a thick skin, and I can have one then the problem is other report me because their skin is to thin. Do you see how hypercritical all this is? I use to be a fighter I can take a punch trust me, the problem is no one wants me to hit back, they want to beat up on me with my hands tied, neither way is the way of Jesus. Jesus would do what I did in this post just flee, I put the person on ignore. Do you see the problem I have? People want to offend me and me say nothing, but if i jab back they report. It is a game and such people you got to question if they are even saved.

My blood brother plays a game with God. He was telling me something that was wrong, i said no, and He arrogantly ask The Holy Spirit to correct him, he started yelling it over and over, then he lost his mind and out of no where started saying i said He was damned, that i denied The Holy Spirit, that I was in danger of hell for saying he was damned, I said I never said such a thing, then out of no where it came out of me your own words convict you. He became terrified and hung up. Now I don't know if that was correction from God or what. That is a very hard correction if it is, I don't take pleasure in people going to hell. So I am left going what just happen.

but back to topic. In honest i did not expect one person to post to this thread, It was How i felt and was just going to take a break from forums. It is very frustrating when the only thing you are trying to do is help the person understand God better and it resorts to name calling mocking laughing and other insults. It just leaves you with well i guess this post which is why bother?
I understand every thing you said. It is frustrating.

Upvote 0

DLR

Dec 30, 2015
Iowa
✟8,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, I can debate with anyone, do it all the time in school and i enjoy it. It never breaks out to insults or name calling which on here it always someone comes in who wants to insult, attack, and start an arugement. We have already had one in this thread trying to lure me into an arugement, I put him on ignore, done. Sorry but when you start attacking the person that is logical fallacy and not allow in debates, which people commit a lot of logical fallacies on here. People do not do that in school because they get a 0 if they do. It is not allowed in debate. sure if there were debate rules great, but the Baptist forum is not a debate forum it is for baptist to fellowship but has turned into a debate forum with everyone debating even those not baptist. speaking is against the rules. I have asked for a Calvinist forum because this is a small branch of baptist how ever they said no. They tend to be the ones when you say anything they don't like they preach their doctrine, well most baptist do not believe that. So you get conflict instead of fellowship. I came here I thought finally a place where I can relax not worry about the world, wrong this place is just like the world you always have to be on guard and ready for an attack. People say this is not a church, i would say they are wrong the church is the body of Christ made up of those who are saved. That is another problem people go to church put on their best behavior then the rest of the week raise hell. Sorry but that does not reflect a repented heart.

For the record before you say it I am not upset I am simply speak truth as I see it in according to scripture.

I understand your position on most of this. Some of the "debating" is little more than attacking. It is why I have left other forums, and limit my visits to specific sections of forums. I'm not sure if there is a forum that is "Church like". There is a reason discussions of politics and religion are strictly prohibited on many of the hobbyist sites I visit. It's about impossible to moderate in a way that will be pleasing to most.

Upvote 0

DLR

Dec 30, 2015
Iowa
✟8,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
..... If an atheist says there is no God you can not quote Psalms 14 1 Only fools say in their hearts,
“There is no God.”
They are corrupt, and their actions are evil;
not one of them does good!

She said this is not good and it is not good witnessing even though God said it. This admin also said You can not quote anything from God where He calls some one a blind man, a fool or Hypocrite.

Going back a day or two. When you post Psalms 14 1, what is the outcome you rationally expect to achieve?

What will be the direction of the thread after reading this scripture?

And how would you expect the atheist to process the info and proceed with his life choice now that you have shared the love of God with him or her?

I realize it is the Bible and we believe are authorized to share any of God's word. And please don't for one second think I don't hate the threads you mentioned. I've been attacked within 60 seconds of my very first post when joining a new "religion" forum.

Upvote 0