Why should a Christian be against Gay 'marriage'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,035.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

AphroditeGoneAwry

Dec 2, 2012
Montana
Visit site
✟9,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
For me, marriage is a sacred spiritual institution and is witnessed over by God as such. It is not a government institution. It matters not to me what additional law man makes in the world that promulgates or gives permission for sin because I do not live in the world. I live in the Spirit.

Man might think he is married but it matters not. God made marriage between a man and a woman, end of story.

People break God's law all the time. This latest debacle in America is just another example of the lawlessness of human beings, not the only one, not the first, and not the last. Since man created government he has been breaking covenant with God's Law.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

TheBarrd

Teller of tales, writer of poems, singer of songs
Mar 1, 2015
Following a Jewish Carpenter
✟14,094.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
http://thefederalist.com/2015/06/29/ending-tax-exemptions-means-ending-churches/

The end game is not to normalize gay marriage, it's to get rid of inconvenient churches.
Did you know that according to IRS law, a church is automatically exempt from paying tax? They do not need to apply to the IRS for the tax exemption, nor do they need to apply for your donations to be tax deductible.
Most churches think they have to have something called a 501c3 charter to qualify, and if they don't toe the line, the government can take away their tax exempt status by taking away their charter.
This is simply not true.
Something the government would rather not tell you....

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,629.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why are churches tax-exempt in the first place, anyway?
The wall of separation requires minimal financial entanglement - churches shouldn't influence or profit from the government and vice versa.

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

TheBarrd

Mar 1, 2015
✟14,094.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
The wall of separation requires minimal financial entanglement - churches shouldn't influence or profit from the government and vice versa.
As I understand it, it was LBJ...Lyndon Johnson...who came up with the 501c3 idea for churches, about 50 years or so ago...the idea was to put a gag on the churches...to keep them from influencing public policy.
And it has worked...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Aug 29, 2005
✟178,523.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
As I understand it, it was LBJ...Lyndon Johnson...who came up with the 501c3 idea for churches, about 50 years or so ago...the idea was to put a gag on the churches...to keep them from influencing public policy.
And it has worked...
Remove that gag, and tax them.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
For me, marriage is a sacred spiritual institution and is witnessed over by God as such. It is not a government institution. It matters not to me what additional law man makes in the world that promulgates or gives permission for sin because I do not live in the world. I live in the Spirit.

Man might think he is married but it matters not. God made marriage between a man and a woman, end of story.

People break God's law all the time. This latest debacle in America is just another example of the lawlessness of human beings, not the only one, not the first, and not the last. Since man created government he has been breaking covenant with God's Law.
Well, it's only the government institution that's changed, so you don't have to worry.

Upvote 0

TheBarrd

Mar 1, 2015
✟14,094.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Remove that gag, and tax them.
You don't understand, JustOneWay...churches need not accept the gag in the first place.
We do not need a 501c3 charter to be tax exempt...we already are tax exempt under IRS law without it.
Even IRS workers wonder why we volunteer to place ourselves in such an untenable position.

Upvote 0

TheBarrd

Mar 1, 2015
✟14,094.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why are churches tax-exempt in the first place, anyway?
Churches do not generate wealth. They exist by the donations of members who have already paid taxes on the money they donate. If a church group ventures into real estate development or some business for profit that's different because they are generating new wealth.

How many times should we tax the same money?

Reactions: dogs4thewin
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheBarrd

Mar 1, 2015
✟14,094.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Well, it's only the government institution that's changed, so you don't have to worry.
I would agree with you, Armoured, if Christians were left to stand up for what we believe in our public, as well as our private lives. Christianity is not something we are supposed to hide away...our light is supposed to be placed where it can shine into the darkness around us.
This notion that our faith ought to be kept at home or in church is NOT what our Lord taught us, nor what the apostles advocated.

Upvote 0

TheBarrd

Mar 1, 2015
✟14,094.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Churches do not generate wealth. They exist by the donations of members who have already paid taxes on the money they donate. If a church group ventures into real estate development or some business for profit that's different because they are generating new wealth.

Exactly. And that is why the church is tax exempt under IRS law without any charter.
And your donations to the church are automatically deductible too.
And all of this goes for any religious organization. It is in our IRS code.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟178,523.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

LOL. Members have paid taxes on the money, but the churches have not. You need to remember this is church income, and yes churches do generate wealth.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...give-religions-more-than-82-5-billion-a-year/

Upvote 0

TheBarrd

Mar 1, 2015
✟14,094.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I propose that Christians simply stop applying for state-sanctioned marriage licenses. We don't need them for our marriages to be recognized by God.
After awhile, perhaps boycotting the state agencies will send a message that can't be ignored...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.