Why Must The Flood Be Global And Not Local? Checking The Hebrew!

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Please remember God meets us where we are, the ancient Hebrews weren't aware of the New World, they weren't aware of Australia, they weren't aware of the Arctic, they weren't aware of Indonesia, they weren't aware of the Polynesian Islands, etc.
More like scientists and unbelievers aren't aware of the Old.

Earth consisted of one tropical landmass at the time.

There was no polar climatology.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[QUOTE="random person, post: 68316890, member: 343879
What is the meaning of YEC,
Bishop Usher represents YEC. He ONLY talk about the last 6,000 years. IF anything happened before that point in time then YEC has nothing to say about it.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Didn't the rock band "Santana" get their name from the greek word "santanas"....? Pretty kewl

http://biblehub.com/greek/4567.htm

4567. Satanas

Strong's Number G4567 matches the Greek Σατανᾶς (Satanas),
which occurs 36 times in 33 verses in the Greek concordance

Satanas: the adversary, Satan, i.e. the devil
Original Word: Σατανᾶς, ᾶ, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: Satanas
Phonetic Spelling: (sat-an-as')
Short Definition: an adversary, Satan
Definition: an adversary, Satan.

whoa! i didn't know that

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
1. adamah (#127)

Definition

ground, land

• ground (as general, tilled, yielding sustenance)
    • piece of ground, a specific plot of land
    • earth substance (for building or constructing)
    • ground as earth's visible surface
    • land, territory, country
    • whole inhabited earth
    • city in Naphtali
Genesis passages that use the word adamah (through to the Tower of Babel):

Genesis 1:25; Genesis 2:7; Genesis 2:9; Genesis 2:19; Genesis 3:17; Genesis 3:19; Genesis 3:23; Genesis 4:3; Genesis 4:11-12; Genesis 4:14; Genesis 5:29; Genesis 6:1; Genesis 6:7; Genesis 6:20; Genesis 7:23; Genesis 8:13; Genesis 8:21; Genesis 9:2; Genesis 9:20;

http://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/hebrew/kjv/adamah.html#

_____

2. erets (#776)

Definition

land, earth

• earth
      1. whole earth (as opposed to a part)
      2. earth (as opposed to heaven)
      3. earth (inhabitants)
    • land
      1. country, territory
      2. district, region
      3. tribal territory
      4. piece of ground
      5. land of Canaan, Israel
      6. inhabitants of land
      7. Sheol, land without return, (under) world
      8. city (-state)
    • ground, surface of the earth
      1. ground
      2. soil
    • (in phrases)
      1. people of the land
      2. space or distance of country (in measurements of distance)
      3. level or plain country
      4. land of the living
      5. end(s) of the earth
    • (almost wholly late in usage)
      1. lands, countries 1e
    • often in contrast to Canaan
Genesis passages that use the word erets (through to the Tower of Babel):

Genesis 1:2; Genesis 1:10-12; Genesis 1:15; Genesis 1:20; Genesis 1:24-26; Genesis 1:28-30; Genesis 2:1; Genesis 2:4-6; Genesis 2:11-13; Genesis 4:14; Genesis 4:16; Genesis 6:4-6; Genesis 6:11-13; Genesis 6:17; Genesis 7:4; Genesis 7:12; Genesis 7:14; Genesis 7:17-19; Genesis 7:21; Genesis 7:23-24; Genesis 8:1; Genesis 8:3; Genesis 8:9; Genesis 8:13-14; Genesis 8:17; Genesis 8:19; Genesis 8:22; Genesis 9:2; Genesis 9:7; Genesis 9:10; Genesis 9:14; Genesis 9:19; Genesis 10:5; Genesis 10:10-11; Genesis 10:20; Genesis 10:25; Genesis 10:31-32; Genesis 11:1-2; Genesis 11:8-9;

http://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/hebrew/kjv/erets.html

_____

3. tebel (#8398)

Definition

1. world

Genesis passages that use tebel (through to the Tower of Babel):

NONE! NONE! NONE! THE HEBREW WORD "TEBEL" ISN'T FOUND IN A SINGLE VERSE IN THE WHOLE BOOK OF GENESIS!

http://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/hebrew/kjv/tebel-2.html

Now I have to ask what are these YEC global flood believers whining and crying about, how about trying to read all of these passages in the original Hebrew and get a clue.

The Mesopotamian Flood Plain:

flood-region.jpg

Mesopotamia.jpg

Because those that believe in a young earth - follow the same incorrect translation you are insisting we do, while insisting they are following a wrong translation elsewhere.

Let's start by looking at the Hebrew word they translate as "was" in the second verse shall we?

"Hayah"

http://biblehub.com/hebrew/1961.htm
"hayah: to fall out, come to pass, become, be"

To fall out - or come to pass - or to become - the earth must first exist in a flourishing state to fall out into a state of desolation and ruin must it not? It must exist in a state where there was light - to become darkened must it not?

If science wishes to claim it was a meteor that killed the dinosaurs and caused that darkness that enveloped the earth (what we like to refer to as similar to a nuclear winter condition) - I'll accept that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extinction_event

Why you think one groups incorrect translation is wrong elsewhere, but don't argue their incorrect translation in another place confuses me? Especially when the very first incorrect translations helps clear up the other. But stop incorrectly translating the rest as well, just like the young earth believers are doing. Of course the Flood had nothing to do with the dinosaurs - they existed in that prior creation. There have been 6 creations and 5 destruction's. There's no need to pretend the scripture means anything other than what it says. As long as the correct translation is used.

It doesn't say the stars and moon and sun was created on the 4th day. It says they were then appointed to serve as markers of times and seasons - for planting and sowing - for religious services.

There is no conflict at all if one stops mistranslating the very second verse of the Scriptures, which leads them to incorrectly translate half a dozen others based upon pre-conceived ideas built upon an incorrect translation. You are simply disproving one sects incorrect translation as one evolutionary sects translation of spontaneous generation (abiogenesis) was disproved.

When translated correctly the belief in extinction events and the formation of all new forms of life afterwards fits hand in hand with the Scriptures and the evidence.

You just need to stop relying on that incorrect translation of the 2nd verse to try to prove someone else using an incorrect translation somewhere else disproves the Bible - when in reality it simply shows everyone is mistranslating it. I don't see you pointing out to them the incorrect translation in the second verse which leads to a correct translation of the age of the earth, and when the dinosaurs were destroyed. I see you accepting that same mistranslation - so you can prove them wrong somewhere else.

I expect they are wrong in both places - since only in that general area are fossils found in numbers that exist with the fossils of mankind. Those same animals found with fossils of man - are not found fossilized throughout the earth - just in that area. And neither are those fossils are found with dinosaurs - which are found worldwide. Clearly different times and eras, the destruction of one told of before the account of the creation of the next.

EDIT:

And we expect that after that nuclear winter - in which a comet or meteor vaporized a large portion of the waters it landed in (Yucatan Peninsula) light bringing heat would be required to penetrate the clouds causing evaporation and the waters above to be separated from the waters below. The consequence thereof is that dry land appeared. Not then created - merely inundated with water, fitting the observation that 75% of the surface is sedimentary rock.

So all of you believe that these plant eating creatures that survived these extinction events subsisted on what - if the plants and trees were not the first to recover and flourish? The seeds of which already existed in the ground?

No, I find very little at odds with what is observed when the whole Scripture is translated correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

classicalhero

Jun 9, 2013
Perth,Western Australia
✟11,338.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
I like how you ignored this Hebrew word "kol" 3605, since it denotes a completeness, generally translated as all or every. This word is used 50 just in the flood narrative. The reason why God destroyed the earth because every thought of every evil at all the time. Genesis 7:19-20 clearly state that the waters covered all the highs by a margin 15 cubits, which close to 2 miles of water covering the highest mountains. Water will always find a way to find the lowest point and if it is above the highest, then it will only rise higher until there is no more water.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I like how you ignored this Hebrew word "kol" 3605, since it denotes a completeness, generally translated as all or every. This word is used 50 just in the flood narrative. The reason why God destroyed the earth because every thought of every evil at all the time. Genesis 7:19-20 clearly state that the waters covered all the highs by a margin 15 cubits, which close to 2 miles of water covering the highest mountains. Water will always find a way to find the lowest point and if it is above the highest, then it will only rise higher until there is no more water.

Wouldn't matter to the narrative at all if it was local or global, since mankind had not yet spread out upon the earth. Which is why mankind's fossils - and the animals created with him are found in such a limited area. Only when God forced them to separate and fill the earth per the original commandment, did it finally occur.

"Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves; otherwise we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth."

I am certainly not claiming the flood was not worldwide - just claiming someone that wants you to believe it was local - was using another incorrect translation elsewhere to prove you wrong. Just as you are using that same incorrect translation to claim a young earth.

Fossils of man are not found with dinosaurs. Dinosaurs are found globally. None of the fossils found with man are found globally - only locally. This does not mean the flood is local, just that man had not yet dispersed upon the earth, nor the animals created during this creation with Adam.

I am certainly not claiming man is at most over 12,000 years old - being what I believe about dating - and the fact that no one knows how long Adam remained in the garden before being dispelled. Certainly I believe long enough for him to see animals give birth many times and for many animals to die - so he understood the wages of sin, and the cost of gaining that knowledge tricked into receiving by the advesary.

Man is very much a recent creation - just don't ask me to ignore the Works to believe it was the first - and not the sixth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

classicalhero

Jun 9, 2013
Perth,Western Australia
✟11,338.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
Another problem with the OP is the fact that he emphatically says that "eratz" can only ever mean land, which is complete nonsense. Genesis 1:1 blows that out of the water, since every translation translates the word as earth. As with much of Hebrew the context is key as to how to translate since most of the time when the word is translated into "land" there is normally a qualifies, such a "the land of Havilah" Genesis 2:14. Generally for the word "eratz" when it has a qualifier is translated as land and when it doesn't have a qualifier it means earth.

@Just, you ignored the fact the Bible says the waters covered all the high hills and that the mountains were covered by 15 cubits of water. That is a large amount of water to be ove the mountains.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Another problem with the OP is the fact that he emphatically says that "eratz" can only ever mean land, which is complete nonsense. Genesis 1:1 blows that out of the water, since every translation translates the word as earth. As with much of Hebrew the context is key as to how to translate since most of the time when the word is translated into "land" there is normally a qualifies, such a "the land of Havilah" Genesis 2:14. Generally for the word "eratz" when it has a qualifier is translated as land and when it doesn't have a qualifier it means earth.

@Just, you ignored the fact the Bible says the waters covered all the high hills and that the mountains were covered by 15 cubits of water. That is a large amount of water to be ove the mountains.

Agreed - as "hayah" means to fall out or to become - as the only other two places where tohu wa bohu - the state it became - is explained and in both cases destruction followed a state where life flourished. So qualifiers and context is indeed important.

As well as the verb usage in 1:1 in the past tense - as in complete.

Upvote 0

James Is Back

CF's Official Locksmith
Aug 21, 2014
Oklahoma
✟32,480.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
91583-bb63dd954000a2810035987a94346519.jpg

Mod Hat On

Thread moved from Creation & Evolution to Origins Theology and cleaned up of any non Christian posts. I will remind everyone coming from C&E that this is a Christian only forum and only Christians are allowed to post.

Mod Hat Off

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1. & 2. Oh I see, so God calls forth every species of two by two animals from all over the global from every ecosystem on the earth into the ark, floods the whole earth in record time -- that is 40 days -- puts their habitats under water for a whole year and then sends them off two by two back to the wastelands they once called home?

In the aftermath, there would have been a global famine.

3. It was a large regional flood and many of the animals were no doubt Noah's personal livestock.
ouh i was under the understanding you were a christian ? was i mistaken ?
being a person who believes in the lord Jesus .. you know .. the one who fed 5 thousand from 2 fish and 5 loaves without waiting for them to evolve over milions of years in the basket .. and he cant flood the earth in record time and keep 8 people alive afterwards (global famine ...in the aftermath ...????? what a famine of 8 people ..? you contradicted yourself there ))
the one with whom "nothing " is impossible ? oh well thats the one true living God i believe in any way . i don't know who this god is you express belief in . seems that cant do anything he says he did .

Upvote 0

random person

1 COR. 10:11; HEB. 1:2; HEB. 9:26,28; 1 PET. 1:20
Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Genesis 7:19-20 clearly state that the waters covered all the highs by a margin 15 cubits, which close to 2 miles of water covering the highest mountains. Water will always find a way to find the lowest point and if it is above the highest, then it will only rise higher until there is no more water.

Didn't the flood cover the highest mountains? The Hebrew word "har," translated "mountains," occurs 649 times in the Old Testament. In 212 instances, the word is translated "hill" or "hills" or "hill country". In Genesis, it is translated "hill" in 10 out of 19 occurrences. Of course, 4 out of 9 times that it is translated as "mountain" is in the flood passage (the translators were wearing their global glasses when they did that translation!). In every instance in Genesis, the text could be translated "hill". Since no specific mountain range is mentioned in this verse, it is likely that the word refers to the hills that Noah could see.

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/localflood.html#n03

Har

Definition

1. hill, mountain, hill country, mount
What verses har occurs in Genesis:

Genesis 7:19-20; Genesis 8:4-5; Genesis 10:30; Genesis 12:8; Genesis 19:17; Genesis 19:19; Genesis 19:30; Genesis 22:2; Genesis 22:14; Genesis 31:21; Genesis 31:23; Genesis 31:25; Genesis 31:54; Genesis 36:8-9

http://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/hebrew/kjv/har.html

local-flood.jpg

If the flood covered all the mountains on the planet, then the ark rose to such a level in the atmosphere that none of the animals on board could actually breathe. There are over 100 mountains over 23,622 feet high . The vast majority of ark dwellers would suffocate for the lack of oxygen.

Indeed, the water level rose to such a height that it was above the clouds that cause rain. Rain can only come from oceans but the flood is suggesting that the amount of water on the planet tripled or quadrupled. And where did it all drain afterwards?

Noah's ark was floating for about a year at stratospheric levels (26,000+ feet) as Mt. Everest is 29,042 feet high. Nearly all animals would have died for the lack of oxygen and from exposure to below zero temperatures.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I like how you ignored this Hebrew word "kol" 3605, since it denotes a completeness, generally translated as all or every. This word is used 50 just in the flood narrative.
      1. Kol erets nearly always refers to a local area of land, instead of our entire planet:
        • for all the land which you see, I will give it to you and to your descendants forever. (Genesis 13:15)
        • "And I will give to you and to your descendants after you, the land of your sojournings, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God." (Genesis 17:8)
        • and he looked down toward Sodom and Gomorrah, and toward all the land of the valley, and he saw, and behold, the smoke of the land ascended like the smoke of a furnace. (Genesis 19:28)
        • "And lo, seven other cows came up after them, poor and very ugly and gaunt, such as I had never seen for ugliness in all the land of Egypt; (Genesis 41:19)
        • "Behold, seven years of great abundance are coming in all the land of Egypt; (Genesis 41:29)
        • And Pharaoh said to Joseph, "See I have set you over all the land of Egypt." (Genesis 41:41)
        • And he had him ride in his second chariot; and they proclaimed before him, "Bow the knee!" And he set him over all the land of Egypt. (Genesis 41:43)
        • Moreover, Pharaoh said to Joseph, "Though I am Pharaoh, yet without your permission no one shall raise his hand or foot in all the land of Egypt." (Genesis 41:44)
        • Now Joseph was thirty years old when he stood before Pharaoh, king of Egypt. And Joseph went out from the presence of Pharaoh, and went through all the land of Egypt. (Genesis 41:46)
        • and the seven years of famine began to come, just as Joseph had said, then there was famine in all the lands; but in all the land of Egypt there was bread. (Genesis 41:54)
        • So when all the land of Egypt was famished, the people cried out to Pharaoh for bread; and Pharaoh said to all the Egyptians, "Go to Joseph; whatever he says to you, you shall do." (Genesis 41:55)
        • "Now, therefore, it was not you who sent me here, but God; and He has made me a father to Pharaoh and lord of all his household and ruler over all the land of Egypt. (Genesis 45:8)
        • 'And do not concern yourselves with your goods, for the best of all the land of Egypt is yours.'" (Genesis 45:20)
        • And they told him, saying, "Joseph is still alive, and indeed he is ruler over all the land of Egypt." But he was stunned, for he did not believe them. (Genesis 45:26)
        • Now there was no food in all the land, because the famine was very severe, so that the land of Egypt and the land of Canaan languished because of the famine. (Genesis 47:13)
        • So the people scattered through all the land of Egypt to gather stubble for straw. (Exodus 5:12)
        • Then the LORD said to Moses, "Say to Aaron, 'Take your staff and stretch out your hand over the waters of Egypt, over their rivers, over their streams, and over their pools, and over all their reservoirs of water, that they may become blood; and there shall be blood throughout all the land of Egypt, both in vessels of wood and in vessels of stone.'" (Exodus 7:19)
        • And the fish that were in the Nile died, and the Nile became foul, so that the Egyptians could not drink water from the Nile. And the blood was through all the land of Egypt. (Exodus 7:21)
        • Then the LORD said to Moses, "Say to Aaron, 'Stretch out your staff and strike the dust of the earth, that it may become gnats through all the land of Egypt.'" (Exodus 8:16)
        • And they did so; and Aaron stretched out his hand with his staff, and struck the dust of the earth, and there were gnats on man and beast. All the dust of the earth became gnats through all the land of Egypt. (Exodus 8:17)
        • Then the LORD did so. And there came great swarms of insects into the house of Pharaoh and the houses of his servants and the land was laid waste because of the swarms of insects in all the land of Egypt. (Exodus 8:24)
        • "And it will become fine dust over all the land of Egypt, and will become boils breaking out with sores on man and beast through all the land of Egypt." (Exodus 9:9)
        • Now the LORD said to Moses, "Stretch out your hand toward the sky, that hail may fall on all the land of Egypt, on man and on beast and on every plant of the field, throughout the land of Egypt." (Exodus 9:22)
        • So there was hail, and fire flashing continually in the midst of the hail, very severe, such as had not been in all the land of Egypt since it became a nation. (Exodus 9:24)
        • And the hail struck all that was in the field through all the land of Egypt, both man and beast; the hail also struck every plant of the field and shattered every tree of the field. (Exodus 9:25)
        • http://www.godandscience.org/images/grasshopperall.jpg
          And the locusts came up over all the land of Egypt and settled in all the territory of Egypt; they were very numerous. There had never been so many locusts, nor would there be so many again. (Exodus 10:14)
        • For they covered the surface of the whole land, so that the land was darkened; and they ate every plant of the land and all the fruit of the trees that the hail had left. Thus nothing green was left on tree or plant of the field through all the land of Egypt. (Exodus 10:15)
        • So Moses stretched out his hand toward the sky, and there was thick darkness in all the land of Egypt for three days. (Exodus 10:22)
        • 'Moreover, there shall be a great cry in all the land of Egypt, such as there has not been before and such as shall never be again. (Exodus 11:6)
        • For Heshbon was the city of Sihon, king of the Amorites, who had fought against the former king of Moab and had taken all his land out of his hand, as far as the Arnon. (Numbers 21:26)
        • and His signs and His works which He did in the midst of Egypt to Pharaoh the king of Egypt and to all his land; (Deuteronomy 11:3)
        • "There shall no man be able to stand before you; the LORD your God shall lay the dread of you and the fear of you on all the land on which you set foot, as He has spoken to you. (Deuteronomy 11:25)
        • "And if the LORD your God enlarges your territory, just as He has sworn to your fathers, and gives you all the land which He promised to give your fathers-- (Deuteronomy 19:8)
        • "And it shall besiege you in all your towns until your high and fortified walls in which you trusted come down throughout your land, and it shall besiege you in all your towns throughout your land which the LORD your God has given you. (Deuteronomy 28:52)
        • And Moses summoned all Israel and said to them, "You have seen all that the LORD did before your eyes in the land of Egypt to Pharaoh and all his servants and all his land; (Deuteronomy 29:2)
        • 'All its land is brimstone and salt, a burning waste, unsown and unproductive, and no grass grows in it, like the overthrow of Sodom and Gomorrah, Admah and Zeboiim, which the LORD overthrew in His anger and in His wrath.' (Deuteronomy 29:23)
        • Now Moses went up from the plains of Moab to Mount Nebo, to the top of Pisgah, which is opposite Jericho. And the LORD showed him all the land, Gilead as far as Dan, (Deuteronomy 34:1)
        • and all Naphtali and the land of Ephraim and Manasseh, and all the land of Judah as far as the western sea, (Deuteronomy 34:2)
          for all the signs and wonders which the LORD sent him to perform in the land of Egypt against Pharaoh, all his servants, and all his land, (Deuteronomy 34:11)
        • "From the wilderness and this Lebanon, even as far as the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and as far as the Great Sea toward the setting of the sun, will be your territory. (Joshua 1:4)
        • And the king of Jericho sent word to Rahab, saying, "Bring out the men who have come to you, who have entered your house, for they have come to search out all the land." (Joshua 2:3)
        • And they said to Joshua, "Surely the LORD has given all the land into our hands, and all the inhabitants of the land, moreover, have melted away before us." (Joshua 2:24)
        • So the LORD was with Joshua, and his fame was in all the land. (Joshua 6:27)
        • So they answered Joshua and said, "Because it was certainly told your servants that the LORD your God had commanded His servant Moses to give you all the land, and to destroy all the inhabitants of the land before you; therefore we feared greatly for our lives because of you, and have done this thing. (Joshua 9:24)
        • Thus Joshua struck all the land, the hill country and the Negev and the lowland and the slopes and all their kings. He left no survivor, but he utterly destroyed all who breathed, just as the LORD, the God of Israel, had commanded. (Joshua 10:40)
        • And Joshua struck them from Kadesh-barnea even as far as Gaza, and all the country of Goshen even as far as Gibeon. (Joshua 10:41)
          Thus Joshua took all that land: the hill country and all the Negev, all that land of Goshen, the lowland, the Arabah, the hill country of Israel and its lowland (Joshua 11:16)
        • So Joshua took the whole land, according to all that the LORD had spoken to Moses, and Joshua gave it for an inheritance to Israel according to their divisions by their tribes. Thus the land had rest from war. (Joshua 11:23)
        • to the south, all the land of the Canaanite, and Mearah that belongs to the Sidonians, as far as Aphek, to the border of the Amorite; (Joshua 13:4)
          So the LORD gave Israel all the land which He had sworn to give to their fathers, and they possessed it and lived in it. (Joshua 21:43)
        • 'Then I took your father Abraham from beyond the River, and led him through all the land of Canaan, and multiplied his descendants and gave him Isaac. (Joshua 24:3)
        • 'And the LORD, the God of Israel, gave Sihon and all his people into the hand of Israel, and they defeated them; so Israel possessed all the land of the Amorites, the inhabitants of that country. (Judges 11:21)
        • Now no blacksmith could be found in all the land of Israel, for the Philistines said, "Lest the Hebrews make swords or spears." (1 Samuel 13:19)
        • And when he had brought him down, behold, they were spread over all the land, eating and drinking and dancing because of all the great spoil that they had taken from the land of the Philistines and from the land of Judah. (1 Samuel 30:16)
        • Ben-hesed, in Arubboth (Socoh was his and all the land of Hepher); (1 Kings 4:10)
        • and all the storage cities which Solomon had, even the cities for his chariots and the cities for his horsemen, and all that it pleased Solomon to build in Jerusalem, in Lebanon, and in all the land under his rule. (1 Kings 9:19)
        • So Ben-hadad listened to King Asa and sent the commanders of his armies against the cities of Israel, and conquered Ijon, Dan, Abel-beth-maacah and all Chinneroth, besides all the land of Naphtali. (1 Kings 15:20)
        • from the Jordan eastward, all the land of Gilead, the Gadites and the Reubenites and the Manassites, from Aroer, which is by the valley of the Arnon, even Gilead and Bashan. (2 Kings 10:33)
        • In the days of Pekah king of Israel, Tiglath-pileser king of Assyria came and captured Ijon and Abel-beth-maacah and Janoah and Kedesh and Hazor and Gilead and Galilee, all the land of Naphtali; and he carried them captive to Assyria. (2 Kings 15:29)
        • Then the king of Assyria invaded the whole land and went up to Samaria and besieged it three years. (2 Kings 17:5)
        • 'Behold, you have heard what the kings of Assyria have done to all the lands, destroying them completely. So will you be spared? (2 Kings 19:11)
        • And David said to all the assembly of Israel, "If it seems good to you, and if it is from the LORD our God, let us send everywhere to our kinsmen who remain in all the land of Israel, also to the priests and Levites who are with them in their cities with pasture lands, that they may meet with us; (1 Chronicles 13:2)
        • and Baalath and all the storage cities that Solomon had, and all the cities for his chariots and cities for his horsemen, and all that it pleased Solomon to build in Jerusalem, in Lebanon, and in all the land under his rule. (2 Chronicles 8:6)
        • And he acted wisely and distributed some of his sons through all the territories of Judah and Benjamin to all the fortified cities, and he gave them food in abundance. And he sought many wives for them. (2 Chronicles 11:23)
        • Now when Asa heard these words and the prophecy which Azariah the son of Oded the prophet spoke, he took courage and removed the abominable idols from all the land of Judah and Benjamin and from the cities which he had captured in the hill country of Ephraim. He then restored the altar of the LORD which was in front of the porch of the LORD. (2 Chronicles 15:8)
        • he also tore down the altars and beat the Asherim and the carved images into powder, and chopped down all the incense altars throughout the land of Israel. Then he returned to Jerusalem. (2 Chronicles 34:7)
        • And Josiah removed all the abominations from all the lands belonging to the sons of Israel, and made all who were present in Israel to serve the LORD their God. Throughout his lifetime they did not turn from following the LORD God of their fathers. (2 Chronicles 34:33)
        • "Nevertheless hear the word of the LORD, all Judah who are living in the land of Egypt, 'Behold, I have sworn by My great name,' says the LORD, 'never shall My name be invoked again by the mouth of any man of Judah in all the land of Egypt, saying, "As the Lord GOD lives." (Jeremiah 44:26)
        • Therefore behold, days are coming When I shall punish the idols of Babylon; And her whole land will be put to shame, And all her slain will fall in her midst. (Jeremiah 51:47)
        http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/localflood.html#n03

Last edited:
Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
More like scientists and unbelievers aren't aware of the Old.

Earth consisted of one tropical landmass at the time.

There was no polar climatology.

So all polar flora and fauna evolved in a short 4,000 year period?

Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
ouh i was under the understanding you were a christian ? was i mistaken ?
being a person who believes in the lord Jesus .. you know .. the one who fed 5 thousand from 2 fish and 5 loaves without waiting for them to evolve over milions of years in the basket .. and he cant flood the earth in record time and keep 8 people alive afterwards (global famine ...in the aftermath ...????? what a famine of 8 people ..? you contradicted yourself there ))
the one with whom "nothing " is impossible ? oh well thats the one true living God i believe in any way . i don't know who this god is you express belief in . seems that cant do anything he says he did .

This isn't a matter of faith but hermeneutics.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
ouh lol whatever .." not by works of righteousness which you have done but by hermeneutics you have been saved .." oh wait it doesn't go like that

????? lol

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If the flood covered all the mountains on the planet, then the ark rose to such a level in the atmosphere that none of the animals on board could actually breathe. There are over 100 mountains over 23,622 feet high . The vast majority of ark dwellers would suffocate for the lack of oxygen.
Not if the oxygen was compressed as the Ark rose.

In other words, the oxygen rose with it.
random person said:
Indeed, the water level rose to such a height that it was above the clouds that cause rain. Rain can only come from oceans but the flood is suggesting that the amount of water on the planet tripled or quadrupled.
Water also came from below ground.[VERSE=Genesis 7:11,KJV]In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.[/VERSE]
random person said:
And where did it all drain afterwards?
Back down the holes it came out of, as well as siphoned back off the earth through the windows of Heaven (or some other point).
random person said:
Noah's ark was floating for about a year at stratospheric levels (26,000+ feet) as Mt. Everest is 29,042 feet high. Nearly all animals would have died for the lack of oxygen and from exposure to below zero temperatures.
I was under the impression they would have boiled away, along with the earth.

Upvote 0