Why Must The Flood Be Global And Not Local? Checking The Hebrew!

random person

1 COR. 10:11; HEB. 1:2; HEB. 9:26,28; 1 PET. 1:20
Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Every Jew has a Strong's Concordance on his bookshelf, does he?

Would the Jews object to the Tabernacle in the Wilderness being made of sea cow skins, instead of badgers' skins?

Strong's concordance has the precise same Hebrew words as the Torah has.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You can be sure if I did, and I changed my mind based on the evidence, I would be using that evidence as reason why I believe.

Not some bologna about a single Hebrew word.
Every Jew has a Strong's Concordance on his bookshelf, does he?

Would the Jews object to the Tabernacle in the Wilderness being made of sea cow skins, instead of badgers' skins?
Not sure.....I would have to ask them. The Tabernacle in the wilderness is an interesting study tho.
Did you know the greek word for "Temple" is never used once the the Christian NT Book of Revelation? But rather "Sanctuary" is used.
YLT is 1 of the very few spirit inspired translators that use that word. Too bad the Jews do not read that NT book......sigh

http://www.nsbible.org/sits_ts/v0s1.htm

The Camp--The Court--The Tabernacle--The Brazen Altar--The Laver-- The Table--The Lampstand--The Golden Altar--The Mercy Seat and Ark--The Gate--The First Veil--The Second Veil--The Significance of These and Their Antitypes.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G3485&t=YLT
Strong's Number G3485 matches the Greek ναός (naos), which occurs 46 times in 40 verses in the Greek concordance

used of the temple at Jerusalem, but only of the sacred edifice (or sanctuary) itself, consisting of the Holy place and the Holy of Holies (in classical Greek it is used of the sanctuary or cell of the temple, where the image of the god was placed which is distinguished from the whole enclosure)

Reve 15:8
And the Sanctuary/naoV <3485> is being replete of smoke out of the Glory of the God and out of the power of Him.
And no one was *able to be entering into the Sanctuary/naon <3485> until should be being finished the seven blows of the seven Messengers.

upload_2015-7-18_16-11-18.jpeg
images
camp256.gif

Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Then why did it take two tries before she came back with an olive leaf?

Recession of the water or perhaps it went in another direction?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I also have a thread on the Great Bible by King Henry after W. Tyndale's execution......Fascinating!

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/king-henry-viii-and-great-bible-question.7410829/
King Henry VIII and Great Bible question

I brought this up on a post on another thread but got now response so I thought I would make a seperate thread on it.

What affect on Christianity and Theology did the Great Bible that King Henry commisioned have?

And does anyone have any views on this particular english version of the Bible?

http://www.greatsite.com/timeline-en...m-tyndale.html

*snip*

...Tyndale was then strangled and burnt at the stake in the prison yard, Oct. 6, 1536. His last words were, "Lord, open the king of England's eyes." This prayer was answered three years later, in the publication of King Henry VIII’s 1539 English “Great Bible”.

Great Bible - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Great Bible was the first authorized edition of the Bible in English, authorized by King Henry VIII of England to be read aloud in the church services of the Church of England.

The Great Bible was prepared by Myles Coverdale, working under commission of Sir Thomas Cromwell, Secretary to Henry VIII and Vicar General. In 1538, Cromwell directed the clergy to provide "one book of the bible of the largest volume in English, and the same set up in some convenient place within the said church that ye have care of, whereas your parishioners may most commodiously resort to the same and read it."

Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I find that hard to believe, but I'm not in a position to disagree.

Right you are!

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible, generally known as Strong's Concordance, is a concordance of the King James Bible (KJV) that was constructed under the direction of Dr. James Strong (1822–1894) and first published in 1890. Dr. Strong was Professor of exegetical theology at Drew Theological Seminary at the time. It is an exhaustive cross-reference of every word in the KJV back to the word in the original text.

Unlike other Biblical reference books, the purpose of Strong's Concordance is not to provide content or commentary about the Bible, but to provide an index to the Bible. This allows the reader to find words where they appear in the Bible. This index allows a student of the Bible to re-find a phrase or passage previously studied. It also lets the reader directly compare how the same word may be used elsewhere in the Bible. In this way Strong's Notes provides an independent check against translations, and offers an opportunity for greater, and more technically accurate understanding of text.

Strong's Concordance includes:

James Strong did not construct Strong's Concordance by himself; it was constructed with the effort of more than a hundred colleagues. It has become the most widely used concordance for the King James Bible.

Each original-language word is given an entry number in the dictionary of those original language words listed in the back of the concordance. These have become known as the "Strong's numbers". The main concordance lists each word that appears in the KJV Bible in alphabetical order with each verse in which it appears listed in order of its appearance in the Bible, with a snippet of the surrounding text (including the word in italics). Appearing to the right of scripture reference is the Strong's number. This allows the user of the concordance to look up the meaning of the original language word in the associated dictionary in the back, thereby showing how the original language word was translated into the English word in the KJV Bible.

New editions of Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible are still in print (as of 2012). Additionally, other authors have used Strong's numbers in concordances of other Bible translations, such as the New International Version and American Standard Version. These are often also referred to as Strong's Concordances.

New editions of Strong's may exclude the comparative section (1611 KJV to 1614) and the asterisks that denote differential definitions of the same Hebrew or Greek words; due perhaps to denominational considerations, definitions may also be altered[citation needed].

Although the Greek words in Strong's Concordance are numbered 1–5624 editions of Strong's, the numbers 2717 and 3203–3302 are unassigned due to "changes in the enumeration while in progress". Not every distinct word is assigned a number, but only the root words. For example, αγαπησεις is assigned the same number as αγαπατε – both are listed as Greek word #25 in Strong's "αγαπαω".

Strong's Concordance is not a translation of the Bible nor is it intended as a translation tool. The use of Strong's numbers is not a substitute for professional translation of the Bible from Hebrew and Greek into English by those with formal training in ancient languages and the literature of the cultures in which the Bible was written.

Since Strong's Concordance identifies the original words in Hebrew and Greek, Strong's numbers are sometimes misinterpreted by those without adequate training to change the Bible from its accurate meaning simply by taking the words out of cultural context. The use of Strong's numbers does not consider figures of speech, metaphors, idioms, common phrases, cultural references, references to historical events, or alternate meanings used by those of the time period to express their thoughts in their own language at the time. As such, professionals and amateurs alike must consult a number of contextual tools to reconstruct these cultural backgrounds. Many scholarly Greek and Hebrew Lexicons (e.g., Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew Lexicon, Thayer's Greek Dictionary, and Vine's Bible Dictionary) also use Strong's numbers for cross-referencing, encouraging hermeneutical approaches to study.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strong's_Concordance

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Did you know the greek word for "Temple" is never used once the the Christian NT Book of Revelation? But rather "Sanctuary" is used.
Did you know Greece went bankrupt?
LittleLambofJesus said:
* The Cross in the Wilderness *
I'm familiar with the way the Jews set camp when they weren't on the move: forming a Cross as seen from the air.

Very impressive!

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Recession of the water or perhaps it went in another direction?
Either that, or the first time she went out, the landscape was only fit for a raven.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible, generally known as Strong's Concordance, is a concordance of the King James Bible (KJV) that was constructed under the direction of Dr. James Strong (1822–1894) and first published in 1890. Dr. Strong was Professor of exegetical theology at Drew Theological Seminary at the time. It is an exhaustive cross-reference of every word in the KJV back to the word in the original text.
In my opinion, Satan has an impressive library of books he inspired: Strong's Concordance is one of them.

It wouldn't suprise me if Mr. Strong wrote it under the influence of automatic handwriting.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
In my opinion, Satan has an impressive library of books he inspired: Strong's Concordance is one of them.

It wouldn't suprise me if Mr. Strong wrote it under the influence of automatic handwriting.
I am sure he has.
But there is only 1 book mentioned in the Bible that I am interested in:

http://www.kingdombiblestudies.org/tablecontents.htm

http://www.kingdombiblestudies.org/lb/LB1.htm

THE BOOK OF THE LIFE OF THE LAMB

"And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his heads the names of blasphemy. And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world" (Rev. 13:1,8)
According to the Emphatic Diaglott the correct rendering of the latter part of this passage is: "The Book of the Life of the Lamb." Now, what is meant by this term – THE BOOK OF THE LIFE OF THE LAMB? The wise man said,
"...of the making of many books there is no end..." (Eccl. 12:12).

The book stores are filled to overflowing today with all types of books dealing with every aspect of earthly life. Even in the church world there are books setting forth every kind of viewpoint relating to God, the Bible, doctrine, Christian experience, and church order. However the subject material of most of these books largely contains a message of religious tradition and spiritual death.
But God is also producing a book
a book containing a message of life. For the past two millenniums God, by His Holy Spirit, has been writing portions of this Book in the minds and hearts of His people.....................

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

Oh, so Strong's concordance is a Satanic conspiracy, it traded all the real original Greek and Hebrew texts with replacement false Greek and Hebrew words?

Then Strong's concordance would have been exposed long ago by Bible scholars, Greek scholars, and Hebrew scholars long ago.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, so Strong's concordance is a Satanic conspiracy, it traded all the real original Greek and Hebrew texts with replacement false Greek and Hebrew words?
Let's not cloud the issue, okay?

I simply believe there are writings such as:
  1. The Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life
  2. My Struggles (its sequel)
  3. Strong's Concordance
  4. A Course in Miracles
  5. Stairway to Heaven
  6. etc.
... that were inspired by Satan.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

3. Strong's Concordance
  4. A Course in Miracles
  5. Stairway to Heaven
  6. etc.
Didn't the rock band "Santana" get their name from the greek word "santanas"....? Pretty kewl

http://biblehub.com/greek/4567.htm

4567. Satanas

Strong's Number G4567 matches the Greek Σατανᾶς (Satanas),
which occurs 36 times in 33 verses in the Greek concordance

Satanas: the adversary, Satan, i.e. the devil
Original Word: Σατανᾶς, ᾶ, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: Satanas
Phonetic Spelling: (sat-an-as')
Short Definition: an adversary, Satan
Definition: an adversary, Satan.

Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

3. Strong's Concordance
  4. A Course in Miracles
  5. Stairway to Heaven
  6. etc.

Well if you had clicked on the links in the OP, you would have learned it uses the Strong's numbering system but it is Hebrew entries in the Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Didn't the rock band "Santana" get their name from the greek word "santanas"....? Pretty kewl
Interesting!

I didn't know that.

I know the name "Steve" comes from...

(Just kidding! ;))

Upvote 0