Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some people said that Sodom and Gomorrah was "nuked" by alien but the fact that Lot did not perish by the explosion while his wife near him was "salted". If it was nuked then both of them would have been ashes.

It was the Light of Shekinah Glory that visited them and Lot's wife had seen the Light and perished !!
Only High Priest of Levite may enter the Inner Chamber at The Temple of God where Shekinah Glory manifest. other people shall die.
images

Shekinah Glory probably appeared to the people in that city that they might see God's glory and then it was rained with brimstone and fire.
Gen 19:24 Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;
====================================================
http://www.sacred-texts.com/jud/loj/loj107.htm
Quoted :

When the angels had brought forth Lot and his family and set them without the city, he bade them run for their lives, and not look behind, lest they behold the Shekinah, which had descended to work the destruction of the cities. The wife of Lot could not control herself. Her mother love made her look behind to see if her married daughters were following. She beheld the Shekinah, and she became a pillar of salt. This pillar exists unto this day. The cattle lick it all day long, and in the evening it seems to have disappeared, but when morning comes it stands there as large as before.

May Jesus bless you all HalleluYAH

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm afraid that almost nothing you've asserted is supported by Scripture. The account of the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah says nothing of how exactly Lot's wife was turned into a "pillar of salt." It is just sheer speculation to say that it was God's shekinah glory that transformed her. All Scripture says is that upon arriving at Zoar, Lot's wife looked back and was made a pillar of salt. No remark is made that she was looking back to see if her daughters followed behind. It is a dangerous practice to add to the record of Scripture. Be careful, brother, not to be reading into verses more than they actually say and/or imply.

Selah.

Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
This pillar exists unto this day. The cattle lick it all day long, and in the evening it seems to have disappeared, but when morning comes it stands there as large as before.

^^^ This falls under the heading of folklore.

There is a geological feature near the Dead Sea known as "Lot's Wife" that actually is a pillar of salt. These are quite common in the Dead Sea region. I strongly suspect that this story is based on the memory of a natural disaster. I could explain if there was anyone interested.

Upvote 0

Cuddles333

May 5, 2011
Denver
✟30,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008/04/01/researchers-asteroid-destroyed-sodom-and-gomorrah.html

I do not mean to jump ahead of your post JackRT, but this phenomenon has been solved for a few years now. The Old Testament story used this area's pillars of salt that almost look human, to weave a Bronze age moral story. A moral story that we today find shocking.

Interesting thesis but a bit of research on my part turns up more recent research that disputes this claim.

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Lot's wife looked back because she was desirous of the things and lifestyle that she had there, while Lot obeyed God's command not to look back, that's why Lot's wife became a pillar of salt...

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Sodom and Gomorrah were located near the Dead Sea. Nothing lives in that sea because the salt content is too strong. Lot's wife was so compelled to disobey God because her heart was dead to righteousness, being so attached to life in that vile place.

Actually Sodom and Gomorrah were prosperous cities primarily from the mining of bitumen (pitch). As the bible indicates, their fault was complacency and a failure to observe the laws of hospitality. I suspect that both cities were destroyed in a natural disaster and that the story was developed as an explanation complete with moral admonitions and lessons.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Actually Sodom and Gomorrah were prosperous cities primarily from the mining of bitumen (pitch). As the bible indicates, their fault was complacency and a failure to observe the laws of hospitality. I suspect that both cities were destroyed in a natural disaster and that the story was developed as an explanation complete with moral admonitions and lessons.

A mere lack of hospitality isn't the reason which the scriptures offer as an explanation for their destruction.

Jude 1:
7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire

Genesis 13: 1313But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the Lord exceedingly.

Gen: 19 For we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the LORD; and the LORD hath sent us to destroy it.

In fact, their destruction had been decided before the angels appeared at the city. Their mission was to remove lot and his family from that location so they were neither expecting nor seeking any hospitality.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A mere lack of hospitality isn't the reason which the scriptures offer as an explanation for their destruction.

In fact, their destruction had been decided before the angels appeared at the city. Their mission was to remove lot and his family from that location so they were neither expecting nor seeking any hospitality.
Yup. It's not about 'hospitality'.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yup. It's not about 'hospitality'.

Really?

Ezekiel 16:49 "This was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy."

Aside from the above, part of the issue was the attempted homosexual rape. This is rape pure and simple intended to brutalize and humiliate the visitors. Rape has nothing to do with homosexual orientation or homosexual love.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Really?

Ezekiel 16:49 "This was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy."

Aside from the above, part of the issue was the attempted homosexual rape. This is rape pure and simple intended to brutalize and humiliate the visitors. Rape has nothing to do with homosexual orientation or homosexual love.
I meant the major issue was not hospitality. I believe they tried to rape and angel.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I meant the major issue was not hospitality. I believe they tried to rape and angel.

They didn't know that the men were angels. When Lot refused to send them out, they threatened Lot as well.

ESV
Genesis 19:9 But they said, “Stand back!” And they said, “This fellow came to sojourn, and he has become the judge! Now we will deal worse with you than with them.”

Jude 1:7 - Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 19: 6 Lot went out of the door to the men, shut the door after him, 7 and said, “I beg you, my brothers, do not act so wickedly. 8 Look, I have two daughters who have not known a man; let me bring them out to you, and do to them as you please; only do nothing to these men, for they have come under the shelter of my roof.”

Lot felt so strongly about the law of hospitality that he was willing to give the men his virgin daughters to be raped. And Lot was a just man? Sure.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Genesis 19: 6 Lot went out of the door to the men, shut the door after him, 7 and said, “I beg you, my brothers, do not act so wickedly. 8 Look, I have two daughters who have not known a man; let me bring them out to you, and do to them as you please; only do nothing to these men, for they have come under the shelter of my roof.”

Lot felt so strongly about the law of hospitality that he was willing to give the men his virgin daughters to be raped. And Lot was a just man? Sure.

Yet he is called a righteous man:

2 Peter 2:7 ►

New International Version

But God also rescued Lot out of Sodom because he was a righteous man who was sick of the shameful immorality of the wicked people around him.

Viable Explanations:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
They didn't know that the men were angels. When Lot refused to send them out, they threatened Lot as well.
They were trying to rape males. Males trying to rape males.

That is an issue of hospitality? To knowingly allow your guests to be raped by another male?

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
They were trying to rape males. Males trying to rape males.

That is an issue of hospitality? To knowingly allow your guests to be raped by another male?
I have never considered it a mere issue of hospitality.

Upvote 0