Why Jerusalem Was The Babylonian harlot!

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They are one in the same...

"They are One" :thumbsup: "in the same" ie, We use realiter, and not hyoposrtasis, ie, in this sense "in the same" :thumbsup: Next we use "Consubstantial (Co-essential) regarding His nature of divinity, and Jesus human nature, ie, Symbolum Nicaenum. :thumbsup: Lastly we use the Athanasius Creed regarding "not the same," ie, the union of the three Persons (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit), in one Godhead (state of being God) where all three ar "co-equal," "co-eternal," and "co-substantial." "not in the same sense." :amen:

A trust in God's promise that is again centered in the Genuine Lord Jesus Christ ("another Jesus" IICor.11:4) to come. :cool:

A trust in God's promise that is again centered in the Genuine Lord Jesus Christ that came. :cool:

What is not so :cool: is Religious, Biblical, Christian faith is not different from faith in secular life in this respect; nor is true faith different from false faith in this respect. Satan produced faith in Eve by his lies which he dressed up as truth. Always, alsways somene or something impresses us as being genuine, true, right, reliable, in a word, as being trustworthy and so produces confidence, conviction; these are the essence of faith of course.

Old Jack, btw a first time 'serious post' ;)

Appreciate you and your caring for sure :thumbsup:

Sady when it's all said and done, we'll have to agree to disagree with all the former. :blush:[/QUOTE]

Faith in the messiah is required for salvation in the OT??????

How do you figure?

The Jews believe Messiah is coming still..

They are blind to Christ, until the appointed time.. You can see this today..

Upvote 0

shturt678s

Dec 11, 2013
✟10,797.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Faith in the messiah is required for salvation in the OT??????

How do you figure?

The Jews believe Messiah is coming still..

They are blind to Christ, until the appointed time.. You can see this today..

Have to go fast backwards to the germs of promise of the Messiah in Gen.3:15, "and her seed," ie, the victory would be concluded by one born of woman, eg, one of my favorites, Isa.53 - bring Satan to fall = even the
Targum, regarded this passage as messianic from a very early age -the Cross.

Old Jack

Upvote 0

random person

1 COR. 10:11; HEB. 1:2; HEB. 9:26,28; 1 PET. 1:20
Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

shturt678s

Dec 11, 2013
✟10,797.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Jerusalem is definitely the Babylonian harlot because it was the only nation to make a covenant with God and be divorced by God too.

Revelation 11:8

8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Revelation 16:19

19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath. SEE EZEKIEL 5:1-12!

Revelation 18:7

7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no WIDOW, and shall see no sorrow.

Revelation 17:16-17

16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall HATE the harlot, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

Revelation 18:20

20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.

Revelation 18:24

24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

Upvote 0

Notrash

May 5, 2007
In my body
✟10,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Babylon represented various cult, superstitious and ritualistic religious practices stemming from Nimrods influence. After the new covt was established by the creator through the authority of Jesus, to continue practicing judaic rituals (and even before if they hadn't been sanctified for ther purpose of confirming and foretelling Messiah) became easily associated as a religion like came out of Babylon.

Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Babylon represented various cult, superstitious and ritualistic religious practices stemming from Nimrods influence. After the new covt was established by the creator through the authority of Jesus, to continue practicing judaic rituals (and even before if they hadn't been sanctified for ther purpose of confirming and foretelling Messiah) became easily associated as a religion like came out of Babylon.

If the harlot wasn't Jerusalem, how do you explain Revelation 17:16?

And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall HATE the harlot, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

When I read this verse, I see Jerusalem circa 70 AD.

Upvote 0

Notrash

May 5, 2007
In my body
✟10,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If the harlot wasn't Jerusalem, how do you explain Revelation 17:16?

And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall HATE the harlot, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

When I read this verse, I see Jerusalem circa 70 AD.

I agree it is jerusalem. The rituals and practices of the mosaic covt became a babylonian sttke religiin after the freedom of the new covt.

Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Where does it say that in the Bible?

Check the original post in this thread! Read Ezekiel chapter 16 & Hosea chapters 1-2, there are numerous passages throughout the OT.

God has only called faithless Israel a harlot and the two pagan cities (Tyre & Nineveh) that covenanted with Him.

The Bible does not call any other pagan city or pagan nation a harlot. Just these three, the nation of Israel and Tyre & Nineveh.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Check the original post in this thread! Read Ezekiel chapter 16 & Hosea chapters 1-2, there are numerous passages throughout the OT.

God has only called faithless Israel a harlot and the two pagan cities (Tyre & Nineveh) that covenanted with Him.

The Bible does not call any other pagan city or pagan nation a harlot. Just these three, the nation of Israel and Tyre & Nineveh.

Lets not skate around my question..

You said, "A harlot is any nation or city that made a covenant with God".

Where does it say that in the Bible.

Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Lets not skate around my question..

You said, "A harlot is any nation or city that made a covenant with God".

Where does it say that in the Bible.

Because the Bible has only called the nation of Israel, Tyre, and Nineveh a harlot.

There is not another nation or city IN THE WHOLE BIBLE, that is called a harlot but these three.

This fact has been published in books by Steve Gregg and David Chilton.

You are welcome to do a word exhaustive word search on "harlot" at bible gateway or any such site to prove me wrong. Go right on ahead!

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because the Bible has only called the nation of Israel, Tyre, and Nineveh a harlot.

There is not another nation or city IN THE WHOLE BIBLE, that is called a harlot but these three.

This fact has been published in books by Steve Gregg and David Chilton.

You are welcome to do a word exhaustive word search on "harlot" at bible gateway or any such site to prove me wrong. Go right on ahead!

That doesn't answer my question.

For the 3rd time.

Where does it say this in the Bible.

"A harlot is any nation or city that made a covenant with God".

Im quoting you, so just show me this in the Bible.

Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
That doesn't answer my question.

For the 3rd time.

Where does it say this in the Bible.

"A harlot is any nation or city that made a covenant with God".

Im quoting you, so just show me this in the Bible.

Because only the nation of Israel covenanted with God, so did Tyre, and so did Nineveh.

And they are only ones addressed as harlots in the whole Old Testament.

Read the passages in the OP.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because only the nation of Israel covenanted with God, so did Tyre, and so did Nineveh.

And they are only ones addressed as harlots in the whole Old Testament.

Read the passages in the OP.

What about the covenant of Christ?

Are all Christian nations who covenanted with Christ (God) harlots too?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
What about the covenant of Christ?

Are all Christian nations who covenanted with Christ (God) harlots too?

No they are called harlots because they broke their covenants with God, once again, READ THE OP!!!!!

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No they are called harlots because they broke their covenants with God, once again, READ THE OP!!!!!

So lets entertain your misguided theory...

Israel, which the Bible according to you, clearly is affirmed as the harlot, Babylon, correct???

If that is the case, why is it called a mystery?

And why doesn't Israel fit the prophecy?

Basically you are calling Israel a harlot, but Israel doesn't match the rest of the prophecy.

Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
So lets entertain your misguided theory...

Israel, which the Bible according to you, clearly is affirmed as the harlot, Babylon, correct???

If that is the case, why is it called a mystery?

And why doesn't Israel fit the prophecy?

Basically you are calling Israel a harlot, but Israel doesn't match the rest of the prophecy.

What did Jesus say in Luke 11:47-51?

That judgment would be required of THAT generation.

And what did Jesus say in Luke 21:22-24?

For THESE be the days of vengeance.

In both these instances Jesus is prophecying the coming destruction by God's judgment in 70 AD!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What did Jesus say in Matt.11:47-51?

That judgment would be required of THAT generation.

And what did Jesus say in Luke 21:22-24?

For THESE be the days of vengeance.

In both these instances Jesus is prophecying the coming destruction by God's judgment in 70 AD!

Even Daniel prophesied the destruction of the temple..

Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Even Daniel prophesied the destruction of the temple..

Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Yeah, in 70 AD.

Upvote 0