and [to some] of unrighteous rulers
like the pharaohs/Hyksos
who are said to be the jews

all these ppl who get old and die
but ramble on about being saved from death :confused:

st germain was known by royals to not age over 400 yrs he was known
THAT is the kind of eternal life GOD gives

something REAL not a philosophy
That woud not be the focus though...because the passage tells you it's "mystically" called Sodom and Egypt.

That moves it to the "spiritual realm" meaning the spiritual corruption of both cities. What I see is worship of sensuality in Sodom and the pantheism of Egypt.

Upvote 0

Habakk

Prayer Team †
Jun 10, 2011
Teesside
✟36,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In Rev 11:8 Jerusalem is called Sodom because it is where, when Jesus died and arose from the dead He completely wiped out sin as He did in Sodom when He completely destroyed it by fire and brimstone. Analysis of the ashen remains of Sodom, which was rediscovered by Wyatt Archeological Research, has shown that this comparison is accurate since they could not reignite the ashen remains that they recovered from the site of Gomorrah.
Jerusalem is mystically called Egypt because when Jesus died and arose from the dead in Jerusalem He released us from the captivity of death as He by His power alone released Israel, which symbolizes Christians, from captivity in Egypt.
Rev. 11:8 And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which mystically is called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.
Bro. James D Albright

I have just discovered this thread and have not yet read through all the posts.

You do know that Wyatt and the Wyatt Archaeological Research have been totally discredited? Ron Wyatt produced some wild biblical theories and claimed he had archaeological evidence to back them up consisting of a myriad of artifacts. In fact he claims to have found the Ark, Jesus blood (along with DNA analysis) and many other discoveries that have evaded all other archaeologists. His discoveries or research have not been verified by other established biblical archaeologists. His ideas and reasoning is as wild as his exploration claims, although he does seem to have raised a bit of money from his endeavours.

Wyatt's many and varied claims were dismissed by archeologists, scientists, historians, bible scholars, and also by leaders in his own Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Also I disagree that Jerusalem is condemed as Sodom or Egypt forever. Jerusalem is the city of the great king and Zion is the spiritual Jerusalem. Egypt is mystically a type of the world as the focus on Jerusalem is also mystically.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
that's funny that you would say that Zion is spiritual Jerusalem. I don't think that says anything. They both just geographic sites. If you're refering to Gal 4's analogy, the free Jerusalem is 'above' where it seems to be awaiting the end of time. And anyway, you should hear what many people here say about finding the spiritual meaning of something. You'd never want to mention it if you could help it because they take things so literally.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
that's funny that you would say that Zion is spiritual Jerusalem. I don't think that says anything. They both just geographic sites. If you're refering to Gal 4's analogy, the free Jerusalem is 'above' where it seems to be awaiting the end of time. And anyway, you should hear what many people here say about finding the spiritual meaning of something.

You'd never want to mention it if you could help it because they take things so literally.
What he said! :thumbsup:

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

Habakk

Prayer Team †
Jun 10, 2011
Teesside
✟36,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
that's funny that you would say that Zion is spiritual Jerusalem. I don't think that says anything. They both just geographic sites. If you're refering to Gal 4's analogy, the free Jerusalem is 'above' where it seems to be awaiting the end of time. And anyway, you should hear what many people here say about finding the spiritual meaning of something. You'd never want to mention it if you could help it because they take things so literally.

Yes I was referring to the spiritual meaning of Zion not the location. Similar to a mystic meaning for Sodom and Egypt. Not to be taken literally.

Upvote 0

Codger

Oct 23, 2003
N. E. Ohio
✟1,926.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
First, I want to thank you for using paragraphs in this response. Some of your posts are very difficult to read for my old eyes. :thumbsup:

Secondly, I must disagree on the above. What is revealed to us by the Spirit must find foundation within His Word or...it is in error and we need to keep searching.

Jerusalem is not mystically called Sodom. Rather, what is written is...
Revelation 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
It is the great city being spiritually called Sodom and Egypt....not Jerusalem. Why is the great city "spiritually" given those names? Because it isn't a literal city and needs to be seen spiritually. She represents all of what Sodom and Egypt represent, wickedness and carnality. That great city is.....
Revelation 14:8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

16:19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

18:10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

18:21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like agreat millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Our Lord was crucified in that great city Babylon, not Jerusalem, for she is the world ruled by the prince of darkness. He was crucified by, for and in her....
1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
I agree with your view. In all fairness I a reposting using the old KJV because it translates Rev 21:10 as being Jerusalem.

Revelation 11:8 (KJV)
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
Revelation 14:8 (KJV)
8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
Revelation 16:19 (KJV)
19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.
Revelation 17:18 (KJV)
18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.
Revelation 18:10 (KJV)
10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.
Revelation 18:16 (KJV)
16 And saying, Alas, alas, that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!
Revelation 18:18 (KJV)
18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!
Revelation 18:19 (KJV)
19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.
Revelation 18:21 (KJV)
21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.
Revelation 21:10 (KJV)
10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

However it is very specific saying that this Jerusalem is the New Jerusalem. Jesus was not crucified in the New Jerusalem.

John is most consistant that the great City is no other than Rome. It says so very clearly...

Revelation 17:18 (KJV)
18 And the woman (harlot) which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

When ever did literal, geographical, Jerusalem, ever reign over the kings of the earth? Never. All of those centuries they were occupied and or controlled by the four empires - just like Daniel prophesied.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Jesus was crucified in Rome, Alexandria is in Egypt but in Jesus day Alexandria was part of Rome., Rome WAS the world.

Just as Babylon became a world power, so did Rome.

Rome was the city in which Jesus was killed, not Jerusalem.
:confused:

Where the heck did you come up with that from the Bible?

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Jesus suffering outside the city of Jerusalem is a picture of the red heifer that he also had to be.

Herod Archelaus was deposed by Caesar August in 6 a.d., and this made Israel,'' Rome.''

But the symbolism of Jesus taken outside the city of Jerusalem shows the red heifer, and that his blood and what be spilled outside Jerusalem in symbolism of cleansing the whole world, because outside Jerusalem is the whole world.

Hebrews

10 We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle.

11 For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp.

12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

This alter outside the gate of Jerusalem is a great pit of ashes, the red heifer is taken here, and without the ashes and blood of the red heifer, there is no atonement.

Outside of the gate of Jerusalem is symbolically the whole world where everyone had access.

Outside of Jerusalem there is Egypt and Assyria, these arejust names for the world.

All the world was Egypt in the days of Joseph, and the rule of Babylon came, the rule of Assyria, the rule of Rome.

There is gentiles and there is Jews, outside Jerusalem is gentiles.

In the end, the point is to make gentiles and Jews one.

In the end, Egypt, Assyria, and Israel become one, and these 3 are named because the shadowing 3 sections are given this name.

But to go outside the city having died where Jesus died, was to have died in the world where there was made access to the whole world.

Hebrews 13

13 Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.

14 For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.

15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,588.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Jerusalem is called that for many reasons. One such reason is often overlooked primarily because of the Friday crucifixion heresy which has prevaded Christianity for so long.

It has to do with the concept of "Out of Egypt I have called my Son", the creation of a holy nation, "Israel My firstborn", and such.

The Passover and Exodus is the most often mentioned, most often rehearsed, and most minutely fulfilled prophecy in all of the Bible.

Christ was selected as the lamb of God on the 10th on Palm Saturday, and live among the Jews until Wednesday the 14th when He was sacrificed as the Passover lamb.

Like Israel He spent a mysteriously ordained 3 days and 3 nights on the enemy's side of the sea, and crossed over though the sea in the darkness hours of the 18th. God made an open show of His enemies on Sunday morning.

He, as the high priest, waved the first fruits offering (those mysterious resurrected saints who roamed the city after the resurrection, on "Saturday night" as we would say) before God after His ascension on the day following the Sabbath when He, as a type of Israel, entered the promised land etc.

Too long and involved to do justice to here. But one of many reasons why it is "mystically" called Egypt.

Regarding "Sodom", we are probably seeing the fulfillment of the type of Lot ("that righteous man") being taken out of Sodom before it's destruction when God's judgment fell (think 70A.D.).

Also involved there IMO is a picture of the church looking back longingly at her sin etc. Also pictured here is a returning to the keeping of the law and experiencing the curse of the Galatians for falling from grace etc. (Both concepts seen in the fate of Lot's wife IMO).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by HannibalFlavius
Jesus was crucified in Rome, Alexandria is in Egypt but in Jesus day Alexandria was part of Rome., Rome WAS the world.

Just as Babylon became a world power, so did Rome.

Rome was the city in which Jesus was killed, not Jerusalem.

Jesus suffering outside the city of Jerusalem is a picture of the red heifer that he also had to be.

Herod Archelaus was deposed by Caesar August in 6 a.d., and this made Israel,'' Rome.''

But the symbolism of Jesus taken outside the city of Jerusalem shows the red heifer, and that his blood and what be spilled outside Jerusalem in symbolism of cleansing the whole world, because outside Jerusalem is the whole world.

Outside of the gate of Jerusalem is symbolically the whole world where everyone had access.

All the world was Egypt in the days of Joseph, and the rule of Babylon came, the rule of Assyria, the rule of Rome.

In the end, Egypt, Assyria, and Israel become one, and these 3 are named because the shadowing 3 sections are given this name.

But to go outside the city having died where Jesus died, was to have died in the world where there was made access to the whole world....
Thanks for clarifying that .
I will have to take time to look more closely at what you posted. Rome being considered outside of Jeruselem is an interesting thought.

Upvote 0

A New World

May 21, 2014
CA
✟8,451.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is there a thread or a link one can recommend that considers the idea of a second exodus?

I've heard 'out of Egypt I called my Son,' Jesus and the forty days and nights in the wilderness, the forty years transition period from spiritual Egypt to the spiritual promised land, etc. called the second exodus.

Thanks

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Is there a thread or a link one can recommend that considers the idea of a second exodus?

I've heard 'out of Egypt I called my Son,' Jesus and the forty days and nights in the wilderness, the forty years transition period from spiritual Egypt to the spiritual promised land, etc. called the second exodus.

Thanks

There is a second Exodus, Ezekiel, Isaiah and others talk of it.

It is not with Jews, it is with Egyptians and Assyrians, and it says that they will also wander 40 years. The JPS has notes about their journey being identical to the journey of Jews at the first Exodus.

Zechariah 14 also mentions them at the fulfillment of Sukkot saying the punishment of Egyptians who don't keep the Sukkot, and Zechariah is Sukkot happening, when night turns to day.

It's why the world ends up keeping Passover and Sukkot because the whole world goes through an exodus.

Isaiah speaks a lot about it and says that Israel will be a third in the land with Egypt, and Assyria, and it will be said, bless Egypt my people, bless Assyria the work of my hands, and bless Israel, mine inheritance.

There are 3 Passovers, 3 Shavuots, and 3 Sukkots.

2 of each of these have come, and these first two only point to the third.

What happens when God will split the waters and uncover the hidden chambers in the sea?

The Kingdom of heaven is 3 who testify, the water, the blood, and the spirit.

Body soul and spirit.

If the waters are split within you, it means that God has opened his eyes within you, and your waters have split.

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for clarifying that .
I will have to take time to look more closely at what you posted. Rome being considered outside of Jeruselem is an interesting thought.

Herod Archlaus was deposed by Caesar Augustus in 6 A.D.

Jerusalem had then become a province of Rome.

The reason Jesus appeared before Pilot because Rome had all authority, the Jews had no authority to kill anyone.

It was a roman who killed Jesus with a Roman spear, and being outside of Jerusalem is especially a picture of the world.

But nevertheless, Rome owned Jerusalem, and Rome was the world.

That's why it can be said,'' Jesus was killed in Egypt, in Sodom.''

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
It has to do with the concept of "Out of Egypt I have called my Son", the creation of a holy nation, "Israel My firstborn", and such.

We are all Egyptian, all of us are Assyrian.

''Out of Egypt I have called my son,'' is a prophecy of Ephraim.

It was fulfilled in Christ when he came as the son of Joseph, being the first born son.

For I am a Father to Israel,
And Ephraim is My firstborn.

Hosea 11

When Israel was a child, I loved him,

and out of Egypt I called my son.

2But the more they were called,

the more they went away from me.a

They sacrificed to the Baals

and they burned incense to images.

3It was I who taught Ephraim to walk,

taking them by the arms;

but they did not realize

it was I who healed them.

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,588.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
We are all Egyptian, all of us are Assyrian.

''Out of Egypt I have called my son,'' is a prophecy of Ephraim.

It was fulfilled in Christ when he came as the son of Joseph, being the first born son.

For I am a Father to Israel,
And Ephraim is My firstborn.
Matthew 2:15 "He remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfill what had been spoken by the Lord through the prophet: 'Out of Egypt I have called My Son.'

While it may be true that Ephraim is a type of Christ - the scripture is clear that a fulfillment of this part of the prophecy was His being sent to and eventually being called out of Egypt again after Herod's death.

The question of this thread concerns the calling of Jerusalem "Egypt" in the book of Revelation. How is Jerusalem a type of Egypt or Egypt a type of Jerusalem?

This leads us to other portions of scripture to find the final fulfillment of this multifaceted O.T. prophecy.

I find this fulfillment in the prophetic pictures concerning the Passover Lamb and the Exodus of Israel from Egypt.

Some others in the Church see the "great city" as Babylon and not Jerusalem at all. That interpretation seems plausible as well.

After reading some of your posts I find it unlikely that many will agree with your particular ruminations on the subject. But you are making your case and we are listening and considering. That's what we're here for. :)

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Matthew 2:15 "He remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfill what had been spoken by the Lord through the prophet: 'Out of Egypt I have called My Son.'

While it may be true that Ephraim is a type of Christ - the scripture is clear that a fulfillment of this part of the prophecy was His being sent to and eventually being called out of Egypt again after Herod's death.

The question of this thread concerns the calling of Jerusalem "Egypt" in the book of Revelation. How is Jerusalem a type of Egypt or Egypt a type of Jerusalem?

This leads us to other portions of scripture to find the final fulfillment of this multifaceted O.T. prophecy.

I find this fulfillment in the prophetic pictures concerning the Passover Lamb and the Exodus of Israel from Egypt.

Some others in the Church see the "great city" as Babylon and not Jerusalem at all. That interpretation seems plausible as well.

. :)
Good post.

The destroyer is also mentioned in Reve 9:11

NKJV) Exodus 12:23
"For the LORD will pass through to strike the Egyptians;
and when He sees the blood on the lintel and on the two doorposts, the LORD will pass over the door and not allow the destroyer to come into your houses to strike [you.]

Reve 9:11
and they are having over them a king, the Messenger of the abyss, name to him to Hebrew abaddwn and in the Greecian name is having destroyer

Titus encompassed Jerusalem on the Passover!

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

The day on which Titus encompassed Jerusalem, was the feast of the Passover;
and it is deserving of the very particular attention of the reader, that this was the anniversary of that memorable period in which the Jews crucified their Messiah !

Nevertheless, the city was at this time crowded with Jewish strangers, and foreigners from all parts, so that the whole nation may be considered as having been shut up in one prison, preparatory to the execution of the Divine vengeance ; and, according to Josephus this event took place suddenly

Upvote 0