✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
1 Peter 5:8

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

"sober"

If Pot was legal would Jesus and the Apostles hang out and smoke it......if you think so then my opinion is that something is wrong with you.

Jesus and the apostles drank wine, but they were not "drunkards" and their reason for drinking it is because it was healthier and actually seen as a way of "purifying" the common water available in those days (most water would make you sick), but they knew about drinking wine to excess so as to become and for the purposes of becoming drunk and they did not do it...

Did they hang around people who did? I can't say, but certainly on some occasions there were those in the crowds whom they were preaching to that were drunkards...

Would they hang around people who smoked pot? I can't say, but they would most certainly share their knowledge and preach to them, and in my opinion, would probably even have a sit down one-on-one conversation with them about God, and I don't think Jesus would shun those who were say, suffering from AIDS or cancer and smoked the pot for purely medical reasons, to say offset some of the side effects of all the other poisonous drugs that they were having to take for their condition...

I think the reasons behind it would be paramount, if the person had no medical reasons and was simply doing it to get high (for the "feeling", the uphoric head/mind/body change they get, then they would be treated by Jesus just like a drunkard would, but if they had solid, verifiable medical reasons, I don't think Jesus would turn them away...

(However Jesus would be able to read and know their hearts and would be able to accurately discern those having valid medical reasons, from those who really do not, yet claim to... Jesus would know who was "lying")

Take care all!, and in Jesus Christ's name, God Bless!

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What the Lord revealed to me is that marijuana opens doors for demonic activity. He also showed me that the high you think you're getting is actually a low from where you could be with the Lord.

Really... Then, do all the poisonous other drugs (that are way more dangerous an harmful than pot) that say AIDS and cancer patients have to take for their conditions, or any other prescribed medication that anyone takes that has the potential to make them "feel funny" and they are warned by their doctors could be potentially addictive, open doors to demonic activity?

AIDS and cancer patients who are taking highly poisonous drugs, that cause them to lose their appetite, and not eat, so as to get valuable nutrients in them to keep up their strength and drop weight at very dangerous rates and get severe nausea and are sick and vomiting most of the time, if they smoke pot to counteract these effects, then in your opinion they are sinning and "opening doors to demonic activity"... I don't think so...

I personally know of an AIDS patient who was prescribed highly dangerous, designed to poisonous, some even experimental drugs... Well, when he was first put on them, he began some of the symptoms I mentioned above, loss of appetite, so he didn't eat, had severe nausea and wasn't getting or retaining any nutrients from food to his body, and he started out a pretty fit, muscular guy, but after about three months of being on all these designed to be poisonous prescriptions for his conditions, he became like a bean stalk, and looked very sickly in the face and very skinny and looked like death had already caught up with him or was about to claim him, then about/around three months later, I saw him again, and he was back to looking pretty fit again and even getting his muscles back and his face looked a whole lot, and I mean a whole lot better, and I asked/told him, you look so much better now... What happened, did the doctors change your medication?, and he answered me, "No, I started smoking pot, and it made me feel well enough to eat, and then I felt good enough to start working out again." To which I replied "oh, you mean to tell me that it really made that much of a difference?" To which he replied "Yes, it did"

Seems to have worked for him...

So, In my humble opinion, I think you should go back and re-think your position...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really... Then, do all the poisonous other drugs (that are way more dangerous an harmful than pot) that say AIDS and cancer patients have to take for their conditions, or any other prescribed medication that anyone takes that has the potential to make them "feel funny" and they are warned by their doctors could be potentially addictive, open doors to demonic activity?

AIDS and cancer patients who are taking highly poisonous drugs, that cause them to lose their appetite, and not eat, so as to get valuable nutrients in them to keep up their strength and drop weight at very dangerous rates and get severe nausea and are sick and vomiting most of the time, if they smoke pot to counteract these effects, then in your opinion they are sinning and "opening doors to demonic activity"... I don't think so...

I personally know of an AIDS patient who was prescribed highly dangerous, designed to poisonous, some even experimental drugs... Well, when he was first put on them, he began some of the symptoms I mentioned above, loss of appetite, so he didn't eat, had severe nausea and wasn't getting or retaining any nutrients from food to his body, and he started out a pretty fit, muscular guy, but after about three months of being on all these designed to be poisonous prescriptions for his conditions, he became like a bean stalk, and looked very sickly in the face and very skinny and looked like death had already caught up with him or was about to claim him, then about/around three months later, I saw him again, and he was back to looking pretty fit again and even getting his muscles back and his face looked a whole lot, and I mean a whole lot better, and I asked/told him, you look so much better now... What happened, did the doctors change your medication?, and he answered me, "No, I started smoking pot, and it made me feel well enough to eat, and then I felt good enough to start working out again." To which I replied "oh, you mean to tell me that it really made that much of a difference?" To which he replied "Yes, it did"

Seems to have worked for him...

So, In my humble opinion, I think you should go back and re-think your position...

God Bless!
rethink what?

is God unable to heal?
is his hand to short to reach out and save?

if God is not able then we are all the most miserable of beings and should get stoned until l we die.

but God IS able.

we must worship him in Spirit and in truth.to do so means to be absolute in honesty .
so ask him.. lord is it ok to do it?
he told me...no. you?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
rethink what?

is God unable to heal?
is his hand to short to reach out and save?

if God is not able then we are all the most miserable of beings and should get stoned until l we die.

but God IS able.

we must worship him in Spirit and in truth.to do so means to be absolute in honesty .
so ask him.. lord is it ok to do it?
he told me...no. you?

Re-think that it might be OK for certain conditions or medical circumstances which should be determined by a medical professional (a doctor) who is no more prejudiced against it then he/she is by/than any other potentially addictive drug/substance that they prescribe to people with and under certain conditions...

Is super-natural healing powers available to us today through the use of Jesus name like it was with His Apostles and disciples during his (Jesus) day or during the days of the lives of the Apostles during in the book of Acts? I don't know if I can answer that one, but I really do sincerely hope so, but as were not seeing it happen a lot today, we instead have to rely on medical science until someone comes along that can put them out of work and out of a Job, and I sincerely hope that does happen, but as it stands right now we are at the mercy of medical science when it comes to sicknesses and diseases (currently)

Is it and was it, in my past a sin for me to do it, yes, it was, but I have since repented and received forgiveness for it, and I no longer do it, because yes it was a sin for me because I was doing it just to get high and not for medical reasons...

Does that/those answer your questions, I hope so, anyways in Jesus name,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Re-think that it might be OK for certain conditions or medical circumstances which should be determined by a medical professional (a doctor) who is no more prejudiced against it then he/she is by/than any other potentially addictive drug/substance that they prescribe to people with and under certain conditions...

Is super-natural healing powers available to us today through the use of Jesus name like it was with His Apostles and disciples during his (Jesus) day or during the days of the lives of the Apostles during in the book of Acts? I don't know if I can answer that one, but I really do sincerely hope so, but as were not seeing it happen a lot today, we instead have to rely on medical science until someone comes along that can put them out of work and out of a Job, and I sincerely hope that does happen, but as it stands right now we are at the mercy of medical science when it comes to sicknesses and diseases (currently)

Is it and was it, in my past a sin for me to do it, yes, it was, but I have since repented and received forgiveness for it, and I no longer do it, because yes it was a sin for me because I was doing it just to get high and not for medical reasons...

Does that/those answer your questions, I hope so, anyways in Jesus name,

God Bless!
are we ever commanded to stop believing?

of course the power of God is for us.
if we believe we shall say to this mountain be pulled up and cast into the sea... did the lord cease to be true?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
are we ever commanded to stop believing?

of course the power of God is for us.
if we believe we shall say to this mountain be pulled up and cast into the sea... did the lord cease to be true?

Have you personally ever had the courage or felt like you've had the faith to try it out, I haven't (yet)

That's very curious to me that you would bring that up though, Because I have just recently been going through the four gospels taking notes on all of Jesus promises and have been pondering to myself, "Do I personally have the faith to start laying claim to these promises, and I still don't know?

In Jesus Christs Holy name God bless!

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People single out weed for some strange reason...

then use the bible to justify their moral position on it. If it's smoked or baked, it's mind altering to some extent. That is true.

But um...what about all the legal mind altering and much more damaging pharmaceutical drugs? Why aren't they sin? Because they are legal?

Btw - people should stop saying "weed is illegal" and realize that it's legal in quite a few places in the world for recreational use - and even more places in the world (including here in the USA) for medicinal use.

If it didn't have a legitimate value the US government and other governments wouldn't have patents on some of it's medical properties.
Whatever is not of faith/obedience/truth... is sin.
And the only benefits they speak of are are financial.its too costly too control so legalise it and tax it.. money ,the love of which is the root of all kinds of evil.

I'll return to my question... to those that wish to justify partaking of a substance for fleshly pleasure...
I asked the lord is it ok to smoke pot..he said no.
Thats in my life.
Did you ask him...? or are you just pretending when you pray "thy will be done"
So you dont ask him because your conscience knows what the answer is going to be.

Upvote 0

tremble

^.^/
Feb 15, 2014
✟16,927.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus said it's not what goes into the body that makes us unclean, but what comes out of the heart.

Drug use is not a moral issue. Some people abuse drugs and some people handle them responsibly.

I think Michael is right in asking God about whether to use any drugs or not.

As with so many things, God may have different answers for different people.

And the only benefits they speak of are are financial.its too costly too control so legalise it and tax it.. money ,the love of which is the root of all kinds of evil.

This is true for just about any drug, legal or otherwise.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Jesus said it's not what goes into the body that makes us unclean, but what comes out of the heart.

Drug use is not a moral issue. Some people abuse drugs and some people handle them responsibly.

I think Michael is right in asking God about whether to use any drugs or not.

As with so many things, God may have different answers for different people.

This is true for just about any drug, legal or otherwise.

"And the only benefits they speak of are are financial.its too costly too control so legalize it and tax it.. money ,the love of which is the root of all kinds of evil."

This is why we are heading toward an eventually where it will become legal for recreational use and regulated and taxed by the government, like cigarettes or alcohol, but I am here saying that should be legal for MEDICAL USE ONLY and regulated by your doctor(s), however, most doctors should drop their prejudice against it and treat like any other prescribed legalized potentially addictive substance that they might prescribe, but your right that due to money, and the government's inability to control it otherwise, it will probably start becoming legal for recreational use in many, many places in the U.S. very soon...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums