Not open for further replies.

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Don't be silly. I thought gays were supposed to have had eleventy-hundred sexual partners by the time they are in their mid 20's.

That's what Paul Cameron would like you to believe!

And yet, gays statistically have less partners than straights.

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Those who try to follow Scripture and wait until marriage or engagement before engaging in intimate acts, I truly respect those.

It's all a matter of opportunities and life choices .... and the kind of person one is.

And what if your future spouse and you are not sexually compatible and you don't find out until after you're married.

That puts you in a Biblical Catch 22.

Upvote 0

sandwiches

Mas sabe el diablo por viejo que por diablo.
Jun 16, 2009
Dallas, Texas
✟22,030.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
"The 40 Year Old Virgin."

Sure. That movie was really ADMIRING and RESPECTING of older virgins.

At this point, I've realized that you're just talking to yourself and are not interested in what anyone else has to say.

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Insults aside, virgins ARE mocked, like this poster stated:

I didn't necessarily say they are "mocked", I merely said lots of people are rather surprised to find that out, and I'm sure many of them find a lack of experience to be a turn off. Maybe because they assume something is wrong with you if you haven't been in a serious relationship by a certain point.

Probably makes them unworthy of consideration anyway if they are going to be that shallow, but it's not uncommon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larry Mondello

Frequent poster
Dec 3, 2011
Mayfield, USA
Visit site
✟15,934.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
At this point, I've realized that you're just talking to yourself and are not interested in what anyone else has to say.
No. Sorry you feel that way about someone you disagree with.

I've been respectful here.

You aren't listening so well yourself, making pronouncement like no once cares if others are virgins, when in reality, they do care.
It's wrong but non-virgins condemn virgins more than the other way around.

Rebecca St. James. She is ridiculed and heckled online for her virginity stance.
Movies make fun of virgins all the time.

Women -- as well as men -- post on internet forums how many (didn't say most or all) wouldn't want to date someone "inexperienced."

Upvote 0

Larry Mondello

Frequent poster
Dec 3, 2011
Mayfield, USA
Visit site
✟15,934.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here are some web results of Rebecca St. James' public virginity.
Google

Look how she's ridiculed and made fun of, for her virginity stance.
You can't say that didn't take some nerve.

There's even a person posing as RSJ or RebeccaJean, claiming she's her, and detailing her lurid sexual experiences.

So don't try to say virgins aren't mocked, made low or ridiculed.

Upvote 0

Larry Mondello

Frequent poster
Dec 3, 2011
Mayfield, USA
Visit site
✟15,934.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I didn't necessarily say they are "mocked", I merely said lots of people are rather surprised to find that out, and I'm sure many of them find a lack of experience to be a turn off. Maybe because they assume something is wrong with you if you haven't been in a serious relationship by a certain point. .
Being in a serious relationship vs. having had sex, 2 diff. things.

Most have had relationships, though some haven't.

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
How do you figure? Have women been polled on the subject?
This quote is taken from a dating site I just googled about the subject and a woman's response to male virgins. Most of the opinions were somewhat similar from the other women.

"It's to be expected of a guy your age, maybe even a little younger. But if he were my age and still a virgin? I'd not only pitty him, I'd cry for him! Sorry I'll pass"

And the opposite view, from men about women being a virgin on Plenty of Fish dating site:

"I wouldn't be enthusiastic about it.

Sex is a tense enough subject between men and women without throwing virginity into the mix. You never know whether she'll like it, or whether you're compatible. Unless I felt very strongly about the girl--strongly enough to put a lot of extra effort, time patience and understanding--I'd have to pass."

And while these are only 2 quotes, reading through these forums, it seems to be the general consensus that if you don't have experience by your mid-20s, it's often a deal breaker unless you have a good reason.

Upvote 0

sandwiches

Mas sabe el diablo por viejo que por diablo.
Jun 16, 2009
Dallas, Texas
✟22,030.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
No. Sorry you feel that way about someone you disagree with.

I've been respectful here.

You aren't listening so well yourself, making pronouncement like no once cares if others are virgins, when in reality, they do care.

It's wrong but non-virgins condemn virgins more than the other way around.

Rebecca St. James. She is ridiculed and heckled online for her virginity stance.
Movies make fun of virgins all the time.

Women -- as well as men -- post on internet forums how many (didn't say most or all) wouldn't want to date someone "inexperienced."

You're proving my point right here, bud. You're replying and whining about something I never said. I NEVER said that no one cares if people are virgins. If I did, please quote me or admit you lied.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Being in a serious relationship vs. having had sex, 2 diff. things.

Most have had relationships, though some haven't.

If you're a virgin, you probably haven't been in a serious relationship. How many relationships these days last longer than a month without sex? 1st or 2nd date seems to be the new norm, 3rd or 4th at the latest. But a 6 month - 1 year relationship (or longer) and no sex? Unless they are waiting for marriage, not likely.

So, I'd say they go hand in hand.

Upvote 0

roach

Jul 31, 2011
✟15,365.00
Faith
Atheist
I really, really, really do not understand this. Why is virginity mocked and made to be "lame" or some nonsense? What is so bad about having never had sex? Why is it something that must be "fixed" or "cured"? I really don't get it.

Rant over.

IMO, it's just a symptom of arbitrary social values conflicting with innate behavioral differences in men and women. What makes it an 'issue' is that people in a society are acutely aware of the moral standards (either stated explicitly or inferred implicitly) and tend to defend those values until doing so becomes too difficult or impossible. There has been a trend toward tolerating (and in some instances, accepting) deviation from traditional values which were based on irrational or unfounded assumptions of human behavior; i.e. humans have, on the whole, become more tolerant (though more out of necessity than desire).

But as far as people who consciously think there's something wrong with being a virgin, I wouldn't worry about it: it's on a par with racism and bigotry - they don't have a rational leg to stand on.

Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I really, really, really do not understand this. Why is virginity mocked and made to be "lame" or some nonsense? What is so bad about having never had sex? Why is it something that must be "fixed" or "cured"? I really don't get it.

Rant over.
My opinion? Most times those who wait don't do it by choice. It's circumstance. They either didn't have the opportunity or they aren't mentally or physically ready to have sex. That makes the tiny percentage of those that could and didn't by choice rare. The minority is always "different". Those that are considered different are not usually held in high esteem. Thus, virgins are outsiders. Like members of the math club. (Now that I think about it, they may be the same.)

So those that are in the majority mock those in the minority to make themselves feel better about the choices they've made.

And, for what it's worth... many of those that SAY they've had sex at young ages are lying about it to avoid the mocking.

Do what you do, when you're ready to do it, because it's right for you.

Upvote 0

hollyda

To read makes our speaking English good
Mar 25, 2011
One Square Foot of Real Estate
✟17,438.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.