London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The regret of Remaining a Virgin is like the Regret of Getting a good education before committing to one career for the rest of your life. Ironically, people remarry more nowadays than ever before & likewise people change their careers more nowadays than ever before.

Ironically you haven't grasped how inadequate your own analogy is.

Many people are able to start up successful careers without going through higher education, or even completing high school.

If there were a bunch of people going round saying going straight into the workplace before 16 was universally morally wrong, they'd look as daft as you do trying to deny away the evidence that many people are perfectly capable of having sex before marriage without the earth imploding.

Upvote 0

JoeyArnold

May 12, 2011
Portland, OR USA
✟3,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
...Which works out well for some people.

You cannot say that it works out for some people because you don't know who those people are, because you're dragging those people down into your lifestyle without even knowing it because you don't know who they are because you get into relationships with people that don't want to be apart of that kind of lifestyle because it will not work out for them like you are saying.

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
You cannot say that it works out for some people because you don't know who those people are, because you're dragging those people down into your lifestyle without even knowing it because you don't know who they are because you get into relationships with people that don't want to be apart of that kind of lifestyle because it will not work out for them like you are saying.

Yeah, he does know who those people are.

Many people know people who've been successful without going through to college-level education. I do.

Just like many people know people who've had sex before marriage and still made a successful relationship of it. I do. (I am one, for one thing)

But by all means, keep on denying.

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
You don't know who is who.

Are you incapable of being careful? There are rape victims out there. They are extreme but they still have feelings, so don't make fun of them. Society runs into broken people & they hurt them ever farther & then they laugh at them like you guys are doing now.

Who exactly here was laughing at rape victims, Joey?

Or are you going to weasel your way out of that one as well, Christian?

Upvote 0
A

AtheistVet

I do know who (some) of those people are, and I am one of them. I have a good career that I got with military experience, not school. I had 3 sexual partners before getting married, and I have no regrets at all. I know plenty of people who regret some things and plenty of people who have no regrets about those very same things. I have friends who regret rushing into marriage.

The rest of your post doesn't make any sense. How am I "dragging" anyone down in my "lifestyle"? Do you know what my lifestyle is? I don't know who people are?

You seem to be completely divorced from reality.

Upvote 0

JoeyArnold

May 12, 2011
Portland, OR USA
✟3,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If people want to be virgins till marriage then go for it.

People don't just wake up one day & decide they want to be virgins till marriage. When you end up having sex with a person like that you in fact go against what they wanted or what they will eventually come to want. They may have been fine with having sex with you at first but then later on when they realize that they made a horrible mistake then it is too late to change it & what is worse is that you contributed to them making those mistakes.

Upvote 0

Mling

Knight of the Woeful Countenance (in training)
Jun 19, 2006
Here and there.
✟9,635.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The line between casual sex & rape has been blurred. I never said you were talking about that but I am talking about this because it happens all of the time.

You know what has blurred the line between casual sex and rape?

Virgin/harlot mindsets that portray any woman who's had sex once as a harlot who'll have sex with anybody.

The view pushed since roughly the Renaissance that women don't enjoy sex, which makes "no," pretty meaningless because of the assumption that women will always start by saying no.

The concept that sex is "lost" or "given" (and thus can be "taken") rather than something that people create and experience together.

To people who enjoy healthy sex, the distinction couldn't be more obvious. The most sexually active people I know are the ones who are the first to ask, "What do you want? What are you limits?" Yes, I've been to sex- and fetish-themed parties and, interesting fact, alcohol is banned at them, because it interferes with people's abilities to have those conversations.

In short, it is people on your side, who have blurred this line. Every time somebody talks about "losing" virginity, or about virgins and harlots they blur the line between casual sex and rape. People who are pursuing more sexually open consent-oriented cultures are actively working against your rape culture tripe.

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
People don't just wake up one day & decide they want to be virgins till marriage.

They don't?

Then how do you explain yourself?

When you end up having sex with a person like that you in fact go against what they wanted. They may have been fine with having sex with you until later when they realized they made a horrible mistake that you contributed to.

Is that so?

And how do you know this, virgin?

Upvote 0
A

AtheistVet

People don't just wake up one day & decide they want to be virgins till marriage. When you end up having sex with a person like that you in fact go against what they wanted. They may have been fine with having sex with you until later when they realized they made a horrible mistake that you contributed to.

People don't just wake up one day and decide they want to be Christian. When you end up converting a person like that you go against what they wanted. They may have been fine going to church with you until later when they realized they made a horrible mistake that you contributed to.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mling

Knight of the Woeful Countenance (in training)
Jun 19, 2006
Here and there.
✟9,635.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
People don't just wake up one day & decide they want to be virgins till marriage. When you end up having sex with a person like that you in fact go against what they wanted or what they will eventually come to want. They may have been fine with having sex with you at first but then later on when they realize that they made a horrible mistake then it is too late to change it & what is worse is that you contributed to them making those mistakes.

You might need to be more specific about the situation you're imagining.

If you have sex with a person who doesn't want to have sex with you, you are raping them, and they have not made any kind of mistake.

You see the difference, there?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.