Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I really, really, really do not understand this. Why is virginity mocked and made to be "lame" or some nonsense? What is so bad about having never had sex? Why is it something that must be "fixed" or "cured"? I really don't get it.

Rant over.

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
who knows? some people have inferiority complexes for never having waited themselves and they take it out on those who do wait. some people just wanna have sex and people who are waiting tend to get in the way of that. some people just give into peer pressure. its cool to have sex, so if you haven't had it then there's something wrong with you.

but honestly? people who act like there's something wrogn with you for being a virgin are not worth your time.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I really, really, really do not understand this. Why is virginity mocked and made to be "lame" or some nonsense? What is so bad about having never had sex? Why is it something that must be "fixed" or "cured"? I really don't get it.

Rant over.
Jesus was a virgin.

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian

Rant over.

Maybe you're traveling in the wrong circles. I've never mocked virginity, and I lost mine at 15 years old.

I knew a man who got married for the first time at 40 and was a virgin when he married. Honestly, I was in awe...

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,006,803.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Jesus was a virgin.
Perhaps, perhaps not. The Bible's silence on the matter does not mean he was. We can't make any assumptions one way or the other.

Reactions: Yusuf Evans
Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Society has idolized and worshipped sex to the point where it's on a mammoth pedestal that no other experience can top. Yes, I'm sure it's great and it's important in a marriage but there's so much more to life and relationships than just that aspect. Unfortunately people have elevated to the status of "end all, be all", including a lot of Christians.

I'm a virgin and I don't care what people say about me. I also don't look down on anyone who isn't one; stuff happens and I'm not going to judge anyone on that. If I get married some day I just want my wife to know I waited for her and that I kept my promise to God. However, many Christians have taken the world's view on these matters and even the church seems to have become more liberal and laid-back on sex and relationships in general.

Upvote 0
Jan 4, 2004
✟11,699.00
Faith
Other Religion
The last time I've heard anyone giving a crap about virginity publicly was at a frat party. Somehow it came up, the virgin was a guy and the other guys responded with "that's cool, man."

The last time I witnessed someone get made fun of for being a virgin was in high school, but in high school, you get made fun of for having tied shoes or untied shoes, brown or black or blond hair or red hair, preppy clothes or gothy clothes, bad grades or good grades. Basically, everything is fair game anyway.

Its no shock that there are virgins and non-virgins of all ages and I think most people know this and don't seem to care either way. Its mostly magazine/media editors that write trashy sex articles that pretend to care about someone's virginity.

People are more worried about what other people think of their own virgin status to bother caring about the virgin status of others. I don't think I was ever made fun of either way, but then again, no one cared enough to ask whether or not I was a virgin and I didn't think it was appropriate to advertise.

If someone actually gets made fun of for being a virgin often, it makes me wonder how and why they feel compelled to tell people in the first place. That may have more to do with it than being a virgin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't mind it being mocked personally. People need to stop fooling themselves that virgins equal virtue and goodness just because they keep their legs closed or because they are a tease if they are a physically active while being a 'virgin'/'abstinent' they are a tease who is virgin. Plus people that have sex outside of marriage get hype from absolute moralists quite a bit, so its only fair game as far as I'm concerned. As long as personal attacks aren't given to the individual without actually knowing the person hey people that talk down on virginity, go at it. When the personal attacks come, I can't give any reason why it happens. Maybe some don't understand, maybe some wish they were a virgin again, maybe some want a virgin but can't find one, maybe some want to mock virgins. Who knows.

I personally don't do it when it comes to my social discussion. Simply because, being a virgin means nothing to me as a non-virgin at this point in my life.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Some people mock whatever falls outside of the norm. I've never quite understood that mindset, but it isn't limited to virginity. There are lots of other potential targets. Clothing style, the kind of car that you drive, height, weight, skin color... you name it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
i was referring to the post i made before my edit.

i should change my signature to something like, "i don't read. i post."

especially since i'm not posting quality posts that would reflect Christ.
My only advice is, the 'quote' button is extremely helpful.

Upvote 0

Trashionista

Jun 10, 2007
The Copacabana
✟9,243.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Liberals
The culprits:

jonas-brothers-camp-rock-premiere.jpg

Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I really don't think virginity or one's sex-life should be discussed. As I've said, I have way more respect for manwhores like David Lee Roth as they at least admit and embrace how trashy they are, whereas Pledgers IMO, are just as trashy for making their virginity vows public.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.