Why is the Vatican giving land to Palestinians?

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Palestinian embassy opens in Vatican City
By Ralph Ellis, CNN

Updated 9:26 PM ET, Sat January 14, 2017

Pope Francis and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas met Saturday to open a Palestinian embassy in Vatican City.
"We are very grateful about the role that the Holy See has played for a just and lasting peace in the Holy Land, and for having opened an embassy of Palestine in the Vatican for first time," Abbas said, according to the official Palestinian news agency WAFA.

Many other countries, including Israel, have embassies in Vatican City.

Palestine is not a country or State. Why is the Vatican treating it like it is?

What is an Embassy?

While diplomatic spaces remain the territory of the host state, an embassy or consulate represents a sovereign state.

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Palestinian embassy opens in Vatican City
By Ralph Ellis, CNN

Updated 9:26 PM ET, Sat January 14, 2017

Pope Francis and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas met Saturday to open a Palestinian embassy in Vatican City.
"We are very grateful about the role that the Holy See has played for a just and lasting peace in the Holy Land, and for having opened an embassy of Palestine in the Vatican for first time," Abbas said, according to the official Palestinian news agency WAFA.

Many other countries, including Israel, have embassies in Vatican City.

Palestine is not a country or State. Why is the Vatican treating it like it is?

What is an Embassy?

While diplomatic spaces remain the territory of the host state, an embassy or consulate represents a sovereign state.

There are larger spiritual forces at work, the discerning can see what is actually happening.

Reactions: Nige55
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Oh, absolutely. I just hope those who need to see that are given eyes to see.

Just wait, lots more coming in 5777. Look at what is happening on Monday in Paris!

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Oh, absolutely. I just hope those who need to see that are given eyes to see.

Amen.
Pope Francis is first and foremost an enemy of the Catholic church.

Beware false prophets!

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Just wait, lots more coming in 5777. Look at what is happening on Monday in Paris!
Yes, I'm sure it's all connected. I've heard there are many gathering together, both in US and France to pray against this.

Reactions: Paul Yohannan
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't understand the opposition to this. The Holy See is a city-state which must maintain relations with others. They send diplomats to other countries as a matter of course every single day. The Holy See is also a religious state engaged in religious dialogue with other religions. Permitting the PA to open an embassy furthers one or both of those aims.

• Agree
Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I understand the CC does have Bishops and priests living in and supporting "Palestine". Such as Hilarion Capucci, who was a very extreme and vocal supporter of Palestine, and a critic of Israel.

But I can't support this hypocritical and shameful "priest". A criminal of the worst kind, IMO.

Priest of Palestinian Resistance, Hilarion Capucci, Dies

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here is an Orthodox Priest that supports Israel!

Father Naddaf: Beacon of Light to the Christians of Israel

Now that's a level minded priest, unlike Hilarion Capucci, who thought it was a good idea to smuggle 200 lbs. of explosives, hand grenades, and rifles, in the trunk of a mercedes benz, to a known terrorist organization -that purposely targeted Israeli citizens...

Capucci's exile to the Vatican can only be seen as an act of mercy, and can no way represent any support of his actions.

And I sincerely hope that the decision to establish a Palestinian "embasy" has no relationship to Capucci's recent death.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying it is religion inspired?
No, in fact that's close to the opposite of what I said, which was there are geopolitical and religious implications at stake in the Holy See's relations with anybody, including the PA.

In the interest of full disclosure, I care nothing at all about the PA or Israel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
No, in fact that's close to the opposite of what I said, which was there are geopolitical and religious implications at stake in the Holy See's relations with anybody, including the PA.

In the interest of full disclosure, I care nothing at all about the PA or Israel.
Really? You said and I'll highlight....

I don't understand the opposition to this. The Holy See is a city-state which must maintain relations with others. They send diplomats to other countries as a matter of course every single day. The Holy See is also a religious state engaged in religious dialogue with other religions. Permitting the PA to open an embassy furthers one or both of those aims.

So how was what I asked the opposite?

And if it is about having dialogue there's no need for an embassy, and as far as religion, the Palestinians are mostly Muslims which there's many represented such as Egypt, Iran, Iraq to name a few that already have embassy's there.

The point was that Embassys are for Countries representatives, and There is no Country of Palestine right now.

• Agree
Reactions: Nige55
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Really? You said and I'll highlight....
Very good! Now how about you take a gander at the text you didn't highlight?

The point was that Embassys are for Countries representatives, and There is no Country of Palestine right now.
As a measurable country without borders? No. There is a Palestinian state inasmuch as they have a government but there is obviously not a Palestinian country so you're right about that.

However, the Holy See has recognized the PA as the legitimate government of Palestine so it's only natural for them to establish diplomatic relations. It would be rather illogical for them to recognize Palestine without allowing Palestinian diplomats to set up an embassy.

Upvote 0

Paul Yohannan

Mar 24, 2016
Old Route 66
✟34,744.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

Interestingly the RC Sovereign Military Order of Malta is not a sovereign nation state, has no territory, and indeed hasn't had territory since the age of Napoleon, yet they boast rather better diplomatic connections than the Republic of China (Taiwan).

Upvote 0

Paul Yohannan

Mar 24, 2016
Old Route 66
✟34,744.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
And if it is about having dialogue there's no need for an embassy, and as far as religion, the Palestinians are mostly Muslims which there's many represented such as Egypt, Iran, Iraq to name a few that already have embassy's there.

There is a substantial Catholic presence in the Palestinian Territories, and I think it would be advisable for the RCC to "hedge their bets" in the event Palestine does become independently sovereign.

If there exists a perception that the Catholic church has sided with Israel, all Christians, including Orthodox and Protestants, in the West Bank and elsewhere would be in danger.

Conversely, such a risk does not exist, IMO, with Israel.

This does of course mean on some level that the survival of Christianity in the region at present depends on the appearance of capitulation to Islamic hegemony, which is unfortunate.

Upvote 0