Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, the "Holy Spirit" can apparently tell Adventists that Michael the Archangel is Christ, and tell the Westboro Baptists that it's okay to picket funerals, and tell Giver to post on here saying that if any of us sin we are not a spiritual Christian.
Really?!
Is that your final answer?
Lord have mercy..:prayer:

And btw,...
Our God's Word says:
No one who is born of God will continue to sin,
because God's seed remains in him;
he cannot go on sinning,
because he has been born of God.

Upvote 0

ivebeenshown

Expert invisible poster and thread killer
Apr 27, 2010
✟17,740.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Really?!
Is that your final answer?
Lord have mercy..:prayer:
Thank you, we all need the Lord's mercy. But I don't see how what I said invokes it. You seemed to be implying that you understand the bible by the Spirit, but clearly you understand it differently from others who say the same.

Therefore it is unreasonable/illogical to trust in someone's doctrine based solely off of "The Spirit teaches me and the Spirit is not the author of confusion."

And btw,...
Our God's Word says:
No one who is born of God will continue to sin,
because God's seed remains in him;
he cannot go on sinning,
because he has been born of God.
I know what it says, and clearly you do as well, but do you know what it means?

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
You tell me.
If I ask God (Holy Spirit) to help me understand His word..
is HE going to confuse me? He is NEVER the author of confusion.
Wait, ... Or is He going to say, "Nope.. I do NOT want you reading
the Bible Sunlover!! You go find some other man to read what I
said and then tell you what he thinks I meant.."

That's exactly what they espouse to their fold. They don't want people to have any independence in seeking the truth from GOD, they want to dictate what they think the truth is to people. They want to build dependency.

Upvote 0

ivebeenshown

Expert invisible poster and thread killer
Apr 27, 2010
✟17,740.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That's exactly what they espouse to their fold.
Contrary to sunlover1's claim, which you apparently agree with, the Church does encourage individuals to read Scripture:

V. SACRED SCRIPTURE IN THE LIFE OF THE CHURCH

"And such is the force and power of the Word of God that it can serve the Church as her support and vigor, and the children of the Church as strength for their faith, food for the soul, and a pure and lasting fount of spiritual life."109 Hence "access to Sacred Scripture ought to be open wide to the Christian faithful."110

132 "Therefore, the study of the sacred page should be the very soul of sacred theology. The ministry of the Word, too - pastoral preaching, catechetics and all forms of Christian instruction, among which the liturgical homily should hold pride of place - is healthily nourished and thrives in holiness through the Word of Scripture."111
133 The Church "forcefully and specifically exhorts all the Christian faithful. . . to learn the surpassing knowledge of Jesus Christ, by frequent reading of the divine Scriptures. Ignorance of the Scriptures is ignorance of Christ.112

I mean come on, if you're going to talk down on the Catholic Church or Catholics, learn what they teach.

Upvote 0

daydreamergurl15

Daughter of the King
Dec 11, 2003
✟15,656.00
Faith
Christian
I'll say it again, the Bible (the book) did not exist at the time.

It did not exist until 400 years after Jesus ressurrection. For you to say otherwise is intellectually dishonest and revisionist.
You seriously believe that because the "Bible" was bound in 314 AD that it was written in 314AD?

Upvote 0

daydreamergurl15

Daughter of the King
Dec 11, 2003
✟15,656.00
Faith
Christian
That is a dishonest misrepresentation of what was stated. You should try not to do that.

I'll say it again, the Bible (the book) did not exist at the time.

It did not exist until 400 years after Jesus ressurrection. For you to say otherwise is intellectually dishonest and revisionist.

I'm sorry, do you want to explain that quote to me?

The "Bible" is the collection of Scriptures. To say that the bible did not exist until 400 years after Jesus' resurrection is to say that the collection of Scriptures was not in existence until 400 years after Christ's resurrection. The bible is not one book that was written outside of the Scriptures that we have today...the bible is the collection of scriptures that has been combined in one book and that has been in existence way before 400 years after Christ's resurrection.

When people say that the bible has authority..they are saying that they trust in the Scriptures within that tells us what God wants us to know.

EDIT: For clarity...I think.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you, we all need the Lord's mercy. But I don't see how what I said invokes it. You seemed to be implying that you understand the bible by the Spirit, but clearly you understand it differently from others who say the same.

Therefore it is unreasonable/illogical to trust in someone's doctrine based solely off of "The Spirit teaches me and the Spirit is not the author of confusion."
And did I suggest such a thing?
Heavens no.
Put your trust in NO man.
:thumbsup:

That's exactly what they espouse to their fold. They don't want people to have any independence in seeking the truth from GOD, they want to dictate what they think the truth is to people. They want to build dependency.
Good to see you Arbiter.
I was raised in the RCC..
We didn't own Bibles but we did have "prayer books"
It was when I was a young adult that my bro gave me
a Bible he'd been given at a protestant youth group.
God is gracious!
From what I have seen (here at CF) many denominations
are teaching doctrines not found in Scripture.
Scary but not surprising imo.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Contrary to sunlover1's claim, which you apparently agree with, the Church does encourage individuals to read Scripture:
Which claim of mine?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums