Why is Messianic Judaism considered Judaism if they believe in Jesus?

Torah Emunah

Aug 23, 2014
✟8,543.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Then you have never lied?
Silly question. I was referring to the context of 1 John 2:4. That verse does not address whether or not one has ever lied.

(1 John 2:4) Anyone who says, "I know Him," but isn't obeying His commands is a liar - the truth is not in him.

Can it be any clearer? Those who claim to know G-d, but do not keep His commandments, are liars. If they do not keep G-d's commandments, then they do not know Him. It is as simple as that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
If MJ is more so based on Judaism than the rest of Christianity, why do MJs primarily hold Evangelical Christian views?
Because MJ had its beginnings in the Baptist faith, and is still primarily protestant. That is changing now, however, with growth of Messianism within Catholicism.

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Because MJ had its beginnings in the Baptist faith, and is still primarily protestant. That is changing now, however, with growth of Messianism within Catholicism.
I guess I'm one of the rare Jewish by birth Messianics who doesn't agree with Baptist/Evangelical Protestant views.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
If MJ is more so based on Judaism than the rest of Christianity, why do MJs primarily hold Evangelical Christian views?
Messianic are messy... we hold what views we came with until the Lord shows more light. There are gems throughout Judaism in all its branches and Christianity in all its branches... so what is wrong with having all the best from where ever the inspirations that Lord has given His people. We are the last generation. We are the ones who are united under Him. It is rough going for those who want to maintain the walls of organized religion, but I don't think that it will hold water very soon. The very last moments are going to be hanging onto His hem and praying.

Reactions: Iscah
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Iscah

New Messianic Karaite
Sep 5, 2015
Florida
✟8,366.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I guess I'm one of the rare Jewish by birth Messianics who doesn't agree with Baptist/Evangelical Protestant views.

The majority of Messianics came from some other denomination but I can assure you that what we're all really looking for is the truth and to return to the faith that God originally intended.

Upvote 0

Iscah

New Messianic Karaite
Sep 5, 2015
Florida
✟8,366.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
What will you say on your 80th birthday I wonder.

Nah, one way or another this world isn't going to last that long. Even from a purely secular stand point we've pressed the self-destruct button on a global scale.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
The majority of Messianics came from some other denomination but I can assure you that what we're all really looking for is the truth and to return to the faith that God originally intended.
That is what absolutely every sect and denomination (or non-denomination) of Christian says.

Upvote 0

Iscah

New Messianic Karaite
Sep 5, 2015
Florida
✟8,366.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
That is what absolutely every sect and denomination (or non-denomination) of Christian says.

Yes, because that should be the intent of every follower of God, but some get closer to the truth than others and others actively seek it. I like to think we fall into the latter category.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, because that should be the intent of every follower of God, but some get closer to the truth than others and others actively seek it. I like to think we fall into the latter category.
I think that all denominations actively seek the truth. But I do agree with you that some get closer to the truth than others. I have tried to choose my church based on its closeness to the truth, rather than how talented its praise band is or how good the sermons are or whether is has a group for my age range.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

That is why the majority leave the church system when they become messianic. They begin to see the creeds and theology and traditions as what they are: man-made and in large part, wrong. The mistake some make is trading them for another set of traditions, namely Jewish.

Upvote 0

Chicken Little

Jun 11, 2010
mid-Americauna
✟3,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That is why the majority leave the church system when they become messianic. They begin to see the creeds and theology and traditions as what they are: man-made and in large part, wrong. The mistake some make is trading them for another set of traditions, namely Jewish.
which traditions do you suggest we do ....

how about inca? or mayan ? which native american traditions look ok to you , the one that they hang their boys from scaffold? you know sun worship has it's benefits it can wipe from the earth whole classes of unwanted people over a eclipse. but if the churches don't want us doing biblical prophetic reenactments/convocations as reenactments of future events. I guess we could do the more realistic thing and really crucify people / aka sundance and other kinds of not so fake reenactments !

or how about all those other earth worshipping pagan sexual rituals... oops "christianity" I think pretty well already does all of those ones.

hum..or maybe Allie's and Hindu rituals but I can't do any of those because they are ruined for me, yes because I know what they really are and were about and how they got corrupted . so I really can't do those either not with a strait face anyway .
so if I want to honor the God of the Bible for his sacrifice and have to reenact it every year .. and Honor the maker of creation for his gifts and his breath of life and his world .. so what traditions might we all do ? please don't tell me pagan/ christian ones! because I know that is wrong.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
That is why the majority leave the church system when they become messianic.
They are simply attending someplace different. Most don't have anything more against churches than any denomination has against other denominations.

Upvote 0