Why is it so hard to beileve in Jesus Christ?????????

Countryangel707

Sep 29, 2015
✟17,970.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Ok so a little background on me, I am 18 will soon be 19 and I thought that I was saved at the age of 6 I remember getting on my knees and begging God to protect me from satan and hell. Well about a month after turning 18 I began to have incredibly serious doubts and depression that followed those doubts. Its like all of a sudden it was impossible for me to believe. Now I am in the situation where every now in then I get a little boost of trust in Jesus. I tell myself just trust that He really did die for you and really did rise again on the third day. Even as I type this I feel like deep down inside I know that is true but it's like something in my head is just not agreeing. I pray everyday since this all started that God would just open my heart and allow me to just have true Biblical saving faith in Him. I started multiple Bible reading plans and have been trying everything I know to do. It's like when I'm trying to do stuff I just keep getting like this feeling of what if my belief is not truly genuine then I go into the I can't believe then a few minutes later I'm like I think I trust but I really don't know. Please help I want to go to Heaven I really do. I want to serve God but I'm having trouble. My Boyfriend(He's 16) has told me he is also having these troubles. I'm not sure if it affects it or not but I have OCD and I have depersonalization disorder. Please help me. God Bless! :)

Reactions: Laureate

jenny1972

we are not all knowing
Oct 12, 2012
✟18,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Even as I type this I feel like deep down inside I know that is true but it's like something in my head is just not agreeing.

try and identify what your mind is not agreeing with . you cant just ignore and evade your own mind and doubts you have to face them they exist . what are the questions your having what dont you agree with exactly ?

Reactions: David Hunter
Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well about a month after turning 18 I began to have incredibly serious doubts and depression that followed those doubts. Its like all of a sudden it was impossible for me to believe.
Your question is "Why is it so hard to believe in Jesus Christ?" But the truth is that it is NOT hard to believe on Him. The real issue as seen from your statement above is that you are under tremendous Satanic and demonic attack to cause you to doubt and go into depression, and turn away from Christ. So how should you resist the Devil?

(a) Humble yourself under the mighty hand of God. Both you and your boyfriend should find a time and place where you are completely alone with God, and talk to the Lord Jesus Christ and the Father. Tell Jesus that you need His immediate help because you want Him to be your Lord and Savior. He has promised to deliver those who trust in Him.

(b) Ask for fervent prayer. If you attend a church ask the pastor and the church to prayer very fervently for your deliverance from these attacks. Prevailing prayer is an integral part of the armor of God.

(c) Focus exclusively on Scripture. The Bible is the Word of God, which means it is a living and powerful Word, which can penetrate your soul and give you absolute confidence and trust in God and Christ. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God (Rom 10:17) and what you need is a solid faith, and an absolute assurance that you belong to Christ and nothing can separate you from Him.

(d) Put on the whole armor of God. Study and apply Ephesians chapter 6 to yourself, examine yourself, acknowledge your deficiencies, and ask the Lord to address them.

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
my minds not wanting to believe
Do you know why? What sort of reasons are you tending to trust, that are causing you to have stronger doubt than belief? Is it about the creation vs evolution, or is it about the honesty of the people who wrote the bible, or is it about the idea that Jesus was wrong, or is it something else? Probably, your doubt can be fixed if you can identify what is causing it, and if you are the type who really will worship Him. The truth is actually sensible to believe. Some time, you will find out that probably what you think is true about Christianity actually can be corrected, and you would end up with more robust understanding of the truth.

.. Don't be afraid to question your beliefs with honest integrity, because the truth can sustain itself, and you will only find that it is as solid as rock.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zandy12

Life is like a rollarcoaster, just enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2015
Iowa
✟19,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
http://themattwalshblog.com/2014/08/20/the-world-is-a-horrible-place-and-youre-in-it-for-a-reason/

This blog helped me alot with that problem, so I am sharing it with you in hopes that it'll help as well.

As far as your problems. I understand where you are coming from, and let me be the first on the thread to say that you aren' t the problem Countryangel, it's your depression and anxiety feeding those problems. To regain your faith, you need to treat your depression and depersonalization and you'll become more competent to make decisions. So in the mean time, I recommend that you refrain from making important choices like your faith and focus on taking care of yourself physically and mentally. Find the root cause of your problems, and ask God for the strength to face them. Avoid figuring everything out, because thats impossible, no one understands everything. Faith is a muscle that needs to be exercised. So dont figure out why you are depressed, but what you can do to get out of it. MAke peace with yourself, your problems and god. I hope this helped. Prayers and blessings to you.

Upvote 0

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is human nature to turn away from God and to take pride in ourselves. Unlike you I was raised atheist. It took me over 10 years of arguing with Christian friends to finally believe there might be God, and after that it is on/off (went to Buddhism and other practices, compare to some of the more exotic things the Bible seems so plain).

But God finally took me back, even though I rarely went to church, a fellowship was always there when I needed God.

You are young. It might take a fall or two for us to fully understand, so sometimes bad things are actually good for you. The good thing is you already know God, and you know you can always turn to God no matter what you do.

God bless!

Upvote 0

Leet

Feb 24, 2015
✟77,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have a similar issue and I too, have anxiety and OCD. I don't really know what to tell you, other than I'm fairly sure I know how you feel. For some reason it's impossible for me to really examine my faith close enough to know if I've really "got it" or not. And yet it's very easy for me to believe in Father God and the Holy Spirit. I think it's because salvation rests on the death and resurrection of Christ, that it becomes something scary - like, what if I don't really believe? It's too big of a deal to mess something like that up.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I pray everyday since this all started that God would just open my heart and allow me to just have true Biblical saving faith in Him. I started multiple Bible reading plans and have been trying everything I know to do. It's like when I'm trying to do stuff I just keep getting like this feeling of what if my belief is not truly genuine then I go into the I can't believe then a few minutes later I'm like I think I trust but I really don't know. Please help I want to go to Heaven I really do.
Once we are saved the enemy of our souls likes to throw us into confusion, to render us ineffective. All the praying and Bible reading are good things, but it's also possible to do them in a spirit of unbelief. IOW, they are frantic "works" through which we are trying to save ourselves.

Try to pray and study the Bible in a personal way that feeds your faith and your soul. Our salvation was obtained by Christ for us. Our job is to receive it. This is why Jesus tells us to come to Him and find rest for our souls (Mt 11.28).

Try to focus on resting in the Lord. Read Philippians, the book on perspective and attitude. All the mental stress is noise and should not be given the time of day. When you catch yourself in it cast it aside and get back on track with Jesus. Jesus gave all so that you could enter intimate fellowship with Him and the Father, through the Spirit. So let Him have His way. Trust and surrender is the path to rest and peace. If you've made the Good Confession you're already on your way to heaven. Now the issue is to get heaven into you here and now.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ok so a little background on me, I am 18 will soon be 19 and I thought that I was saved at the age of 6 I remember getting on my knees and begging God to protect me from satan and hell. Well about a month after turning 18 I began to have incredibly serious doubts and depression that followed those doubts. Its like all of a sudden it was impossible for me to believe. Now I am in the situation where every now in then I get a little boost of trust in Jesus. I tell myself just trust that He really did die for you and really did rise again on the third day. Even as I type this I feel like deep down inside I know that is true but it's like something in my head is just not agreeing. I pray everyday since this all started that God would just open my heart and allow me to just have true Biblical saving faith in Him. I started multiple Bible reading plans and have been trying everything I know to do. It's like when I'm trying to do stuff I just keep getting like this feeling of what if my belief is not truly genuine then I go into the I can't believe then a few minutes later I'm like I think I trust but I really don't know. Please help I want to go to Heaven I really do. I want to serve God but I'm having trouble. My Boyfriend(He's 16) has told me he is also having these troubles. I'm not sure if it affects it or not but I have OCD and I have depersonalization disorder. Please help me. God Bless! :)

Intellectually, its not hard to believe because there are sufficient historical evidences proving he was once here on earth and died then resurrected. The harder part comes when we must SURRENDER our authority over to his by letting him operate our lives. That's where a persons pride comes into play --- humans don't like to give up control . So because of that, few will enter the gates of Heaven as the Bible says. For those who believe in Christ accompanied with turning their life OVER TO HIM , they will die IN CHrist and be with Christ forever in unimaginable joy.

I went a good 10 years of believing in Jesus without making him my personal Lord of my life. Im glad I finally did .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Countryangel707

Sep 29, 2015
✟17,970.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Intellectually, its not hard to believe because there are sufficient historical evidences proving he was once here on earth and died then resurrected. The harder part comes when we must SURRENDER our authority over to his by letting him operate our lives. That's where a persons pride comes into play --- humans don't like to give up control . So because of that, few will enter the gates of Heaven as the Bible says. For those who believe in Christ accompanied with turning their life OVER TO HIM , they will die IN CHrist and be with Christ forever in unimaginable joy.

I went a good 10 years of believing in Jesus without making him my personal Lord of my life. Im glad I finally did .
How do you do it?

Upvote 0

Countryangel707

Sep 29, 2015
✟17,970.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Once we are saved the enemy of our souls likes to throw us into confusion, to render us ineffective. All the praying and Bible reading are good things, but it's also possible to do them in a spirit of unbelief. IOW, they are frantic "works" through which we are trying to save ourselves.

Try to pray and study the Bible in a personal way that feeds your faith and your soul. Our salvation was obtained by Christ for us. Our job is to receive it. This is why Jesus tells us to come to Him and find rest for our souls (Mt 11.28).

Try to focus on resting in the Lord. Read Philippians, the book on perspective and attitude. All the mental stress is noise and should not be given the time of day. When you catch yourself in it cast it aside and get back on track with Jesus. Jesus gave all so that you could enter intimate fellowship with Him and the Father, through the Spirit. So let Him have His way. Trust and surrender is the path to rest and peace. If you've made the Good Confession you're already on your way to heaven. Now the issue is to get heaven into you here and now.
How do I know if it's personal or not?

Upvote 0

Countryangel707

Sep 29, 2015
✟17,970.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Your question is "Why is it so hard to believe in Jesus Christ?" But the truth is that it is NOT hard to believe on Him. The real issue as seen from your statement above is that you are under tremendous Satanic and demonic attack to cause you to doubt and go into depression, and turn away from Christ. So how should you resist the Devil?

(a) Humble yourself under the mighty hand of God. Both you and your boyfriend should find a time and place where you are completely alone with God, and talk to the Lord Jesus Christ and the Father. Tell Jesus that you need His immediate help because you want Him to be your Lord and Savior. He has promised to deliver those who trust in Him.

(b) Ask for fervent prayer. If you attend a church ask the pastor and the church to prayer very fervently for your deliverance from these attacks. Prevailing prayer is an integral part of the armor of God.

(c) Focus exclusively on Scripture. The Bible is the Word of God, which means it is a living and powerful Word, which can penetrate your soul and give you absolute confidence and trust in God and Christ. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God (Rom 10:17) and what you need is a solid faith, and an absolute assurance that you belong to Christ and nothing can separate you from Him.

(d) Put on the whole armor of God. Study and apply Ephesians chapter 6 to yourself, examine yourself, acknowledge your deficiencies, and ask the Lord to address them.
I have been praying that the Lord would give me the faith and trust that I need but Im not sure what's going on. Like I said It's there one second then it's just gone. but when it's there i'm not sure if it's genuine. How do you put on the whole armor of God?

Upvote 0

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How do I know if it's personal or not?
When I read the Bible - or, really, as I do anything, but especially when I read the Bible - I try to monitor my spirit to see if what I'm taking in in feeding me, helping me, has actual meaning for me. I do this because for a long time I would read it at an intellectual level, or merely on auto-pilot, and it wasn't really producing the change in me I needed.

So I could be reading something, and then realize I'm not getting much out of it, and I'll go to something else. This way I flip between the Gospels, Epistles, Acts, the OT, etc. Organized reading plans are fine for some people, but this is what I do for myself. We're all different in that regard. Do whatever works for you.

Upvote 0

David Hunter

Be passionate about pursuing your purpose in life.
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟332,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Please, all are meant to be saved. Jesus did not go to that extreme pain in order to leave anyone behind. "Whosoever will" is what Jn 3.16 says. "The Father is willing that no one should perish", Jesus said. Put ALL your trust in Jesus. Trust Him more than you trust anyone, even yourself. Can you remotely picture Jesus turning away someone who put all his trust in Him?

if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” -Rom 10:9-11
Don't waste time on doubts. Believe!

Upvote 0

Countryangel707

Sep 29, 2015
✟17,970.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Please, all are meant to be saved. Jesus did not go to that extreme pain in order to leave anyone behind. "Whosoever will" is what Jn 3.16 says. "The Father is willing that no one should perish", Jesus said. Put ALL your trust in Jesus. Trust Him more than you trust anyone, even yourself. Can you remotely picture Jesus turning away someone who put all his trust in Him?

if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” -Rom 10:9-11
Don't waste time on doubts. Believe!
Then why won't He help me when I pray everyday and night for belief?

Upvote 0

Leet

Feb 24, 2015
✟77,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
They don't call OCD the doubting disease for nuffin'. I know what it's like. The two things that are somewhat helpful to me are getting loads of Scripture into me and not telling myself "I believe" but rather, "I believe that I believe."

Upvote 0

Countryangel707

Sep 29, 2015
✟17,970.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Do you know why? What sort of reasons are you tending to trust, that are causing you to have stronger doubt than belief? Is it about the creation vs evolution, or is it about the honesty of the people who wrote the bible, or is it about the idea that Jesus was wrong, or is it something else? Probably, your doubt can be fixed if you can identify what is causing it, and if you are the type who really will worship Him. The truth is actually sensible to believe. Some time, you will find out that probably what you think is true about Christianity actually can be corrected, and you would end up with more robust understanding of the truth.

.. Don't be afraid to question your beliefs with honest integrity, because the truth can sustain itself, and you will only find that it is as solid as rock.
I'm really not sure. Maybe it's just that as a child I developed trust issues. It's just like one second I believe or maybe just acknowledge that I think those things(the Crucifixion and resurrection) are true, then the next second I find myself trying as hard as I can to believe.

Upvote 0