• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Why is it so hard for me to talk about?!

carmi

Nov 1, 2004
✟16,723.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
extreme_love_4_GOD said:
:sigh::(:cry: Angry at God right now...

Jo. :hug:
Don't keep your anger - anger is a great burden and we are to bring all our burdens to Him. You can't surprise or shock God, He knows how you are feeling, He even knows your real feelings, how you really feel about Him.

All I can tell you is, talk to Him. God wants us to reason with Him, He invites you to do so. He will hear you out, and once you have said it all - you will have place and patience to listen to Him, to what He has to tell you.

Don't walk or turn away. Turn to Him.

Upvote 0

Godsgirl481

The Dark Wolf
Jul 13, 2004
✟20,687.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
One wise man (my spritual daddy) once told me: "Depression is anger turned inward, anger is powered by fear...so the underlining issue is fear, if you can deal with the fear, the rest will go away as well" That was in the middle of a serious discussion, where my first week in Kansas I tried to kill myself. He also told me that cutting is a sympthom of a problem, we must fix that problem first before we can stop cutting. I only stopped cutting because I replaced it with drugs...I needed that "numbing"....I fear that once I stop the drugs, the cutting will start again.

Upvote 0

LostnFound

Nov 21, 2004
Florida Panhandle
Visit site
✟8,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of the most difficult things, I think, especially for victims of abuse to grasp is the absolute and unconditional healing and accepting love that the Lord...our FATHER...has for us. It is beyond anything earthly that we can even imagine.

God brought me back into his light with an epiphany a couple of years ago, when I was feeling so very far away from him. He showed me a very vivid picture of myself, perfect and whole, in heaven. It was more like a brilliant creature with no realy defined lines. Just a flash of a glorious being. And it was as if Jesus was speaking directly to me, saying that in the Kingdom, I would not be obese, I would not be mentally ill, I would not feel rejection, I would not feel ugly, and on and on. I felt the most incredible love and warmth that I have ever felt in my life. It only lasted for a moment, and nearly brought me to my knees. Thankfully, I was at a red light (behing the wheel) and it was over before the light turned green! I had to go to a place where I could pull off the road for a few minutes and just let it all soak in.

Make it a practice to spend a few minutes (every day, if possible) alone, in a quiet place and open your heart to the love the LORD has for you. Don't fight it, or argue with God. Just let him pour it in, whether you think you deserve it or not. Plenty of other hours in the day to question your worthiness. Give Him his own time to give it to you.

God bless you, sweetheart.

Upvote 0

Cerulean_Butterfly

Learning to fly...
Feb 25, 2004
In your closet... Armed. =P =D
✟33,635.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Bams481 said:
The biggest thing I think for me is to believe that God won't end up leaving me like everyone else has...hard to trust that, you know? And it is really hard to let anyone love me...especially God

Exactly! :hug:

Jo. :hug:

Upvote 0

eastside9008

Dec 16, 2004
Liberty Township, Ohio
✟15,518.00
Faith
Methodist
i know exactly how you feel. i have a post in struggles that will possible explain that. if you ever need someone to talk to, pm me or aim me any time you need to. whatever you do, do not start causing harm to yourself. you'll figure out the meaning behing that in my post also. it isn't worth it. it is the worst feeling in the world to want to die. just please don't. if you already have, then don't ever do it again. i now the feeling of not being loved, and being told it. however, i found several different people who do love me. god is one of them. pray as often as possible, and just talk to him. that is all you need to do. he can help. pm me if you need to. im also on aim.

Upvote 0

EbonNelumbo

Hope is a waking dream-Aristotle
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2004
Oregon City, Oregon
Visit site
✟33,816.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Look, I have no clue about the whole situation but after reading some of your other posts I know that you are succoming to temptation. DO NOT GIVE IN!

i know what it is like. please pm me

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums