Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Your god sounds alot like my devil...

-eric

The Exchanged Life

I think that it's a topic discussed by theologians.

Read this article if you want to look into it:
Reformation Theology: Does it Make God a Moral Monster if He Ordains All that Comes to Pass?

Here's a quote from that article:
John Hendryx said:
It should be a given for Christians, that due to the fall, all human beings are not safe from temporal and eternal punishment. Why should it, therefore, so surprise Olson that God justly exercises this authority during our lives? Judgement has already begun east of Eden and we all are subject to death. So nothing (no suffering) should surprise us here except for the great mercy He has shown us in Jesus Christ. Regarding the Tower of Siloam (Luke 13:4), Jesus declared that it did not fall on people for their particular sin(s) because they were somehow worse that others, but as a sign in this fallen world that we are all ill-deserving sinners, under a curse who need to repent and receive the mercy of Jesus Christ. Don't be surprised that the tower fell on those people - let it be a sober reminder that you deserve the same.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jn1010

ChWriter
Nov 23, 2011
✟15,256.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'll be convicted of being blunt here, perhaps intolerably so in some eyes. But God Is Not Tormenting You!!! Satan does that. I hope it will encourage you to have someone tell you that you've got it all backwards. Scripture says that God is Love. That's certainly the opposite of torment.

Upvote 0

liars_paradox

Jun 8, 2009
North Carolina
✟9,505.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'll be convicted of being blunt here, perhaps intolerably so in some eyes. But God Is Not Tormenting You!!! Satan does that. I hope it will encourage you to have someone tell you that you've got it all backwards. Scripture says that God is Love. That's certainly the opposite of torment.

Love still includes punishment. Just like you discipline your children so that they will grow up into better people, God disciplines us to become the same. The devil is only limited to what God lets him do. The devil is powerless, and only God is in command.

Upvote 0