xxshaunxx

Sep 30, 2011
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My firend-

The Lord has been doing EXACTLY the same to me also. I was saved in 1994 and experienced super wonderful kindness and blessings from Him for the first year or 2. But then He seemed to change over night. After that beautiful period, life has been a living hell for almost 17 years. I live literally from day to day with agonizing pain.

People who have not experienced the extreme harshness of God are like the friends of Job. The refuse to believe it is possible or offer up incorrect solutions.

I need you to contact me. I need to talk to you. I believe we can make some REAL progress if we compare notes and testimonies, etc.

I tried to send you my e-mail but this website would not let me do it. So here are my phone numbers 5307102932 and 5302624632

Thanks, Shaun

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
When we read in Isaiah that God creates evil, we must understand that the Lord is declaring His sovereignty. He is illustrating that the trouble, afflictions, and adversities [ra'], He sends are the punishments of sin, the judgments which are under His providence. As Job so patiently and humbly stated, shall we think to only receive good from God, and not the bad as well?

2 Timothy 3:10-12 - All who live godly in Christ shall suffer persecution.

Remember, if you blame God and reject Him because you are suffering, then you are doing exactly what Satan wants you to do. He has defeated you! The only way to defeat Satan and really overcome hardship is to maintain your faithfulness to God in spite of it.

James 1:2-4 - Count it joy when we face trials (hardly the natural reaction), because this leads to patience and completeness in God's service. Whoever developed patience when his patience was never tried?

Romans 5:3-5 - Rejoice in tribulations because they work steadfastness, approvedness, and hope.

2 Corinthians 12:7-10 - Paul's "thorn in the flesh" was a messenger from Satan, yet God allowed it to remain because it kept Paul from becoming too proud over the many revelations he had received. From weaknesses, God can produce great strength.

Romans 15:4 - "...through patience and comfort of the scriptures we might have hope." We have already learned several ways the scriptures comfort and strengthen us when we are suffering:
* They help us understand that we will have to suffer, but good can result from our suffering.
* They give us assurance that we can endure like others have.
* They give evidence of God's wisdom, power, and faithfulness to his promises. This strengthens our faith that God can and will help us endure.

Job 1:20 - When Job suffered, he went to God in worship. Far too often when we suffer, we do the opposite. We neglect to worship, because we don't feel like it.

Galatians 6:2 - "Bear one another's burdens." We should never allow another Christian to suffer alone through serious problems, if there is any way we can help.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" - Philippians 4:13.

Upvote 0

lemon-aid stand

Sep 12, 2011
canada
✟422.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Listen to my story…

God won’t stop tormenting me. He brings much evil upon me and I can’t stop him. Yes, he also does some good to me, for which I am thankful. He blesses me with some food, a little money, a roof over my head, a vehicle that works well and a few nice clothes. He has also made me reasonably attractive, given me good parents, family and friends and lots of other enjoyable things in my life. He has also blessed me with extraordinary wisdom, charisma, communication skills and so on. For these things, I am thankful. In fact, it feels good just to reflect on the few blessings I actually *do* have!

Nevertheless, there is much evil that God brings on me as well. Perhaps it is deserved. Like all human beings on earth, I am not perfect. Of course, no one is. Anyhow, God brings evil upon me in that he will not give me a job. I cannot get a job, no matter what I do. I’ve been unemployed for ages now. I want to start my own business but he will not allow me to. God allowed my finances to be destroyed, too. I went from having excellent credit, to enormous debt – and I was even tithing too! (I realize that tithing does not guarantee he will be happy with me, now.) He has also caused me to desire a wonderful relationship with someone of the opposite sex, yet he refuses to answer that prayer. It is clear he has no intention of fulfilling such a desire, unfortunately for me. I assume this may be related to the fact that I have made it a practice to look at things he may not approve of. I also use profanity at times, which some Christians believe may be a sin. So this is my punishment. Even when I repent, he does not change his punishments. Sometimes I’d prefer it if he would just kill me instead and be done with it. But that would alleviate my pain, so naturally he won’t do it.

So, I have a simple request. Please go to God and pray for me that he will STOP tormenting me with poverty, failure and a lack of a mate. That is ALL I ask. I’m sure he has his reasons and all that. I imagine my suffering is amusing to watch. But nevertheless, I am growing very tired of it and would like it to stop. Please pray for him to stop doing this to me and I will be happy.

Thank you.

we don't deserve evil.. the bible says we deserve eternal punishment.. not evil.. we deserve this because we are evil.. thats what it says.. i thought you put that you are wise.. lol.. just kidding.. God didn't get you into debt.. you did that.. and why would God bring a nice christian girl into your kind of a situation.. debt, somebody that is full of themself.. checking out inappropriate content.. ya.. like that is going to happen.. you need to get your act together.. i would start by asking Jesus into my heart.. then i would start studying the word. and praying to Him and thank Him for everything.. ya know. i asked God to bring a wife into my life.. i am so happy that He is patient and waiting.. now i am not even sure that wanna take my full attention off Him, and focus some of it on another.. ya see, i asked God last summer for a Christian girl.. and nothing less.. He told me that i was in the middle of a move and i need to wait as i am in transit and don't even know where i was going to live.. no..lol.. i am not homeless.. i have a great job.. so i agreed with him.. for 5 mins.. then i was at him again.. God.. what do i need to do to get you to give me the love of my life.. He told me that He is the love of my life and that before i meet a nice christian girl. i had better divorce my wife, that left me in 2001.. so as you can see. God does not bend the rules..oh, i could just go get a girlfriend.. and live a life of sin.. but then i would be back after Him, saying, "God. why did you allow this". so i will just trust in him.. He has never led me astray.. try it my friend.. besides you already told us why you want a girlfriend.. you mentioned the inappropriate content sires didn't ya.. i want you to answer a question to yourself.. are you really born again.. are you saved..or is the cross just a crutch to lean on.. if you died tonite would you go to Heaven.. if you're not sure how to answer.. then you my friend. are in grave danger.. because the alternative is eternal damnation.. separated from God.. that means that He won't even hear your screams of torment.. in Christ.. and assured the Kingdom.. dale :) ps>and i have no doubt about it.. you can have it too....

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟788,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
lone soldier _ I'm always encouraged by these Scriptures and perhaps you are also. When David and his men returned to camp and found their dwellings burnt and their families gone plus the guys who just fought with him, his men, talked of killing him, it states he encouraged himself in the Lord. (I Sam 30).

It's very interesting that David encouraged himself in the Lord because if there ever was a time for a pity party, this would fit my definition of one. So I seriously doubt that David felt like encouraging himself in the Lord and it doesn't give us the details. Why did he do that? Perhaps he knew that he could hear Yahweh better or God inhabits the praises of His people. Perhaps something else or a combination of a variety of reasons. I think it's amazing that David FIRST encouraged himself in the Lord then asks for Yahweh's directions. He didn't make assumptions about what he thought Yahweh would want him to do, he asks. He was surrendered and humble before Yahweh as he worshiped Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pappastratos

May 10, 2011
Alabama,,,very close to paradise !
✟15,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Theif comes to kill, steal & destroy, Jesus came so we can have life.

God brings evil upon me in that he will not give me a job. I cannot get a job, no matter what I do. I’ve been unemployed for ages now.
You are going to have to start somewhere. Walmart, home improvement stores ? Monster.com
God allowed my finances to be destroyed, too. I went from having excellent credit, to enormous debt – and I was even tithing too
God did not "allow" you to accumulate enormous debt. You did.
He has also caused me to desire a wonderful relationship with someone of the opposite sex, yet he refuses to answer that prayer.
There are singles EVERYWHERE. Walmart is full of them.
God is not doing this to you. God gave us dominion over the earth, including our decisions.
Go apply for a job that you REALLY can do, accept whatever pay they offer. Negoiate with creditors,

Upvote 0

Zongerfield

Jan 24, 2011
✟8,125.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Zongerfield, do you mind elaborating on "The devil is dead"? That's an interesting comment, and I'd like to hear where you're coming from.

The Devil is dead in the hearts and minds of a righteous soul.

Satan's powers are futile on those who are saved (those who accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior).

The Devil is dead, for those who believe in the lord.

I hope I've helped to clarify my position. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I'd be pleased to answer them.

Bless you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bodymember

Nov 23, 2011
✟7,648.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I rebuke you demon. Listen very carefully. Bad things do not come from God. It is a common misconception. God designed this world for his children and if the devil were not here, nothing bad would happen. Nothing bad happens of God, but of the devil. All bad things in life come from the devil. The reason bad things happen is man let the devil dwell on the earth. God gave us a choice and we chose to let the devil dwell here. That is why we need salvation, which we get from Jesus, and its why God is going to rid the world of the devil one day.

You are under severe spiritual attack right now. Please read the book of James. It will give you teaching on how to persevere. You're experiencing a trial. The devil is the cause your suffering, not God. If it were up to God there would be no suffering, but man let the devil dwell on the earth, therefore suffering exists. Trust in God. He will deliver you.

Upvote 0

bodymember

Nov 23, 2011
✟7,648.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I understand what you're going through. Trust me, God knows your hurting and he's not happy about it. That's why Christ is coming back; God's going to restore the earth to the state it was meant to be in.

It is God's will to give us immortality. If we were immortal and did not need any kind of nourishment then we wouldn't need jobs. Think about it. The reason we need nourishment is because man let the devil dwell on the earth. The reason we have to wait for crops to grow, work and suffer with finite resources is because man let the devil dwell on the earth.

God is to undo your mourning. Its set in stone. This life is difficult sometimes and nobody hates it more than God. It was never meant to be like this.

He put a child in Abraham's barren wife and resurrected Christ from the dead in a fallen world. He will deliver you also, but persevearance is required. Read the book of James. It will teach you to persevere.

Upvote 0

Zongerfield

Jan 24, 2011
✟8,125.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Zongerfield,

Thank you for your clarification! That helps immensely! I'm not sure I 100% agree with you, but at the same time, I understand where you're coming from, so I can respect your opinion. Again, thank you for clarifying!

Sure, no problem.

Now I'm interested to hear (read) your thoughts. What is your perspective of the Devil and his influence on mankind?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
T

TruthSeeker2012

I rebuke you demon. ...

Mark 3:28-30 "What I'm about to tell you is true. Everyone's sins and evil words against God will be forgiven. But anyone who speaks evil things against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven. His guilt will last forever. Jesus said this because the teachers of the law were saying, "He has an evil spirit."

Upvote 0

CDMartinJr

Jan 15, 2011
Virginia
Visit site
✟7,648.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Zongerfield,

In I Peter 5:8, Peter warns believers: "Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."

Clearly, Peter believes that Satan is still alive and well on earth, influencing and attacking people. Now, Satan will be ultimately defeated (Revelation 20:1-10) and physically destroyed. Until then, as Peter indicates, Satan is still here.

Now, the other side of this is that we do not HAVE to allow Satan to influence us, because if we are in Christ then we have a strength that is far greater than Satan. Unfortunately, we often still fall for his lies. So, as I mentioned, I agree with you in that Satan doesn't HAVE to have an influence on us, but I disagree with you in the fact he often does anyway. So, not a 100% agreement with you, but more like a 90%. :)

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟9,658.00
Faith
Baptist
Sounds like God is breaking you down so you'll depend on not:
1: Money
2: Success
3: A mate

So that you'll depend..ON HIM. That's the point. God breaks us down, so that we will LEARN. God has provided you what you NEED yes? Then God has done His part. Never in the Bible does Christ promise us fortunes. He says the EXACT opposite.

"And a certain scribe came, and said unto him, Master, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.
And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nest; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.
" Matthew 8:19-20

Christ bluntly and boldly claims that being a disciple for Christ is NOT easy, and it will NOT gain you fortunes. Even the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

Upvote 0

CDMartinJr

Jan 15, 2011
Virginia
Visit site
✟7,648.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
ChrisHolland makes an excellent point. We seem to have this idea that Christianity is all about pleasant and easy lives, when nothing could be further from the truth. Everyone of the disciples was martyred, except for John, who died in exile. Paul was beheaded; Stephen, a young preacher from Jerusalem, was stoned to death; even Christ was crucified.

Sometimes God DOES bless us with certain things, but God does not PROMISE that life will always be easy. If it were, we wouldn't need Him.

Upvote 0

cottom

Dec 16, 2006
Indiana
Visit site
✟15,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Listen to my story…

God won’t stop tormenting me. He brings much evil upon me and I can’t stop him. Yes, he also does some good to me, for which I am thankful. He blesses me with some food, a little money, a roof over my head, a vehicle that works well and a few nice clothes. He has also made me reasonably attractive, given me good parents, family and friends and lots of other enjoyable things in my life. He has also blessed me with extraordinary wisdom, charisma, communication skills and so on. For these things, I am thankful. In fact, it feels good just to reflect on the few blessings I actually *do* have!

Nevertheless, there is much evil that God brings on me as well. Perhaps it is deserved. Like all human beings on earth, I am not perfect. Of course, no one is. Anyhow, God brings evil upon me in that he will not give me a job. I cannot get a job, no matter what I do. I’ve been unemployed for ages now. I want to start my own business but he will not allow me to. God allowed my finances to be destroyed, too. I went from having excellent credit, to enormous debt – and I was even tithing too! (I realize that tithing does not guarantee he will be happy with me, now.) He has also caused me to desire a wonderful relationship with someone of the opposite sex, yet he refuses to answer that prayer. It is clear he has no intention of fulfilling such a desire, unfortunately for me. I assume this may be related to the fact that I have made it a practice to look at things he may not approve of. I also use profanity at times, which some Christians believe may be a sin. So this is my punishment. Even when I repent, he does not change his punishments. Sometimes I’d prefer it if he would just kill me instead and be done with it. But that would alleviate my pain, so naturally he won’t do it.

So, I have a simple request. Please go to God and pray for me that he will STOP tormenting me with poverty, failure and a lack of a mate. That is ALL I ask. I’m sure he has his reasons and all that. I imagine my suffering is amusing to watch. But nevertheless, I am growing very tired of it and would like it to stop. Please pray for him to stop doing this to me and I will be happy.

Thank you.

First, it is NOT God tormenting you! God it a Gentleman in all respects. He gave you a free-will to express yourself and to "design" your life. Have you checked the Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth Manual?

Do this faithfully and your problems will be over. READ the Book Of Proverbs, all 31 chapters, one chapter per day, do two chapters on short months, once EVERY month for a year. Read careful, let it sink in.

If you apply what you learn doing that every day in six months you will become one of the wisest people in your family and in five years one of the richest. That is what God wants you to be.

As far as the torment, if you really want to understand it get yourself a copy of C.S. Lewis's book "The Screwtape Letters" place it somewhere you won't forget it, and read one of Screwtape's letters to Wormwood every day. Mine is on the table beside my "white throne." That too will clear your thinking about God tormenting people. He does not, but He will allow Satan to in special cases. Read the book of Job.
Chaplain Van :preach:

Upvote 0