Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
papaJP said:
Having lost many millions 3 times in my life

Wow! You must be doing something really right, and then something really wrong.
Lol. Millions of souls? Good ideas? Millions of Whoville Whos? Pennies? Sorry, just rubbing it in.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I want to start my own business but he will not allow me to
Very often something not working is grace to protect you. Do you know that most business startups fail? The ones that don't, the owners work 60-80 hours per week and invest most of their personal assets. The business consumes them.

If you see that God has caused the business to not happen, also consider that He spared you from a lot of pain.

Similarly, marriages sour after a few years, and half of them fall apart. Are you prepared to overcome these odds, and bend enough to make another person happy living with you for life?

It is a wonderful thing to know someone loves you. But the pain of losing that can be worse than never having loved at all.

The jobless state is very common now. It is frustrating for you, and for millions of others. Is there something you can do to help others in this position? Start an employment agency?

Upvote 0

lone soldier

Nov 10, 2010
Canada
✟8,063.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am trying not to be blunt, but if I were a potential employer or girlfriend and heard "how can I make [God] do..." then you would immediately be off my list. (God, employer, girlfriend, whatever.)

I am only saying this because you asked. If you are not getting a job or a girlfriend, then look at what you are not offering to them, that they would feel they could benefit from. They will not take you on, unless they see it will be mutually beneficial.

The stance appears to be on getting, rather than giving. If a person wants to gain, they must give up. The last shall be first. If asked to carry something a mile, carry it two. If you want a client's business, you take them out to dinner first. These are not just principles of Christianity -- they are principles in how humans react. Getting requires giving.

? I would never speak about God to a potential employer. Unless I didn't *want* the job. That's just common sense.

I also don't go around preaching about God to every girl I meet initially either, so I don't think that statement that was made about having God help me is bad or hindering me one bit, in these capacities.

Employers want good experience (paid) and as we all know, the economy is crap now, so that is also playing against me. In the end, though, God can do anything, and since he brings good and evil on all, I can only assume he is the driving force behind my current state.

I do agree with you, on providing value for money. You can't get something for nothing. In order to successfully run any business or get a good job, heck any job, one must first provide value - that is, reasons for why one would be a good candidate. That is definitely true with women and with work. I totally agree on that. Incidentally, I have no trouble selling myself. So there are other factors playing behind the scenes, because in the natural, there is no reason why I should not have a decent career, a good woman and a great life.

As I said initially, God is the one behind this.

Upvote 0

lone soldier

Nov 10, 2010
Canada
✟8,063.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Very often something not working is grace to protect you. Do you know that most business startups fail? The ones that don't, the owners work 60-80 hours per week and invest most of their personal assets. The business consumes them.

If you see that God has caused the business to not happen, also consider that He spared you from a lot of pain.

Similarly, marriages sour after a few years, and half of them fall apart. Are you prepared to overcome these odds, and bend enough to make another person happy living with you for life?

It is a wonderful thing to know someone loves you. But the pain of losing that can be worse than never having loved at all.

The jobless state is very common now. It is frustrating for you, and for millions of others. Is there something you can do to help others in this position? Start an employment agency?

I agree that things not going one's way can be a grace. I can only assume that is the reason for me NOT getting hired after all this time and attempts. It only says to me that it is time to branch out and start following my dreams.

The idea of an employment service isn't a bad idea. My career probably won't follow that exact path, unless I get hired at an agency which hopefully I do, but I do have every intention of providing value and service to clients.

While it may be some work, it will be well worth it in the end. I also have intentions to curtail the high divorce rates. I'm not seeking marriage right now. But one day. I think it would be a sad state to avoid good things just because someone is afraid of failure. Imagine where our world would be if everyone had such limited thinking.

Upvote 0

lone soldier

Nov 10, 2010
Canada
✟8,063.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
After reading this whole thread you strike me as someone who is prideful and without humility. What have you done for others lately, or are you too busy thinking about yourself?

Not all pride is bad. Pride that says I don't need God is bad.

I do plenty for others. But I don't brag on the internet about it.

Lastly, a badly wounded man who is dying from a gunshot wound cannot help but think of himself first.

I would like to know why Christians see it as good policy to shoot their wounded, rather than help them. Is this too, a trait which mirrors the character of God?

Upvote 0

lone soldier

Nov 10, 2010
Canada
✟8,063.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Get hold of yourself. Do you always think in extremes? What is the first thing that you think you need to change your destiny? (and please don't say a miracle from God).

The analogy fits. Being financially destitute with no future outlook, huge debt and no prospects is as bleak as my example. The only difference is that I won't be dead within a few hours (well, barring some unforeseen miracle that is), it will take a bit longer for that. But I might as well be.

I don't want to change my destiny. I want to get to it. I have a great destiny, but the trouble is, I can't GET to it. Obviously a miracle from God can change any situation, of course. I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. Do you mean, what can change my current situation?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

supersoldier71

Sinner, saved by Grace
Jan 19, 2011
Far, far away from home
✟10,260.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Whoa. K. Intense. First, I will lift you up in prayer right now man. Second, there is something to humility. Third, check the book of Job for some perspective.

Amen to that.

And as Job did, accept the fact that God is good, ALL the time. Some of the things you say seem to imply or flat out state otherwise. God is good. Also accept the fact that HE is not tormenting you. He has no reason to, because He already knows what you're going to do, how you're going to respond and what lessons you will take away from this. He may allow bad things to happen to you. Excuse me, He WILL allow bad things to happen to you. And the proper response is to get on your knees and fight like a man. Don't beg God to stop doing something He's not doing to you, but you can beg Him to do whatever He has to to fix you. Which will fix your situation. I know this because I prayed that prayer.

God is good all the time.

Reactions: heron
Upvote 0
M

MissRob101

I read your post and your story sounds like mine...you are human. I even left God because it got to the point where I thought he was working with satan to slam me down. I hated him for a while, swore at him, asked him why people are getting married and I want a husband but where is he. I too have thought he wouldnt give me a job, Ive been looking and going to interviews but nothing yet!! I found that hating him eventually started to get bad, I felt like I needed to do a Uturn and when I did, he said, I have not come to condemn you, go and sin no more. Of course hes said that before, but it shows how many times he will forgive. I dont know all the whys, but I felt he was a liar at times and wanted to leave christianity, but he will hang on to me. I can just hope that he is showing me something eventually and this is just a stage Im going through for a purpose he has. I am going to tell him to give you ahusband, hes the one who said its not good for man to be alone. And about working, I know for me he wants me to write this book but I keep looking for a job instead, maybe he wants you to do something first...I dont know your situation. God bless u

Upvote 0

Zongerfield

Jan 24, 2011
✟8,125.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The analogy fits. Being financially destitute with no future outlook, huge debt and no prospects is as bleak as my example. The only difference is that I won't be dead within a few hours (well, barring some unforeseen miracle that is), it will take a bit longer for that. But I might as well be.

I don't want to change my destiny. I want to get to it. I have a great destiny, but the trouble is, I can't GET to it. Obviously a miracle from God can change any situation, of course. I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. Do you mean, what can change my current situation?

Don't hold out for miracles. Additionally, stop describing your situation in generalities, please provides some details about your background, I can help you, i just need to know more about you. Telling us just your problems, which many people share, is not sufficient if you truly want help. What are your specific goals? What career are you aspiring to? Do you have a college degree? How are you trying to meet a mate (which is really a numbers game, the more woman you ask out, the more likely you will find a date)....

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
how can I make [God] do..." then you would immediately be off my list. (God, employer, girlfriend, whatever.)
I would never speak about God to a potential employer.
Please notice the brackets, the text in parentheses... you spent a lot of effort cutting down my suggestion without actually reading it.

You are blaming God for your circumstances. Any time blame comes out of one's mouth, no matter who it is directed toward, the hearer will assume the person has a tendency toward blame.

If you were in a job interview -for example- and cut down your previous employer, then it would be a red flag and you would not likely get hired. You are asking us to ask God to get you a job, and we are trying to give you ideas on how to succeed. Instead, you are fighting back.

What does God owe you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jan 25, 2011
✟7,669.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Just because God can control everything doesn't mean He controls everything. He can choose not to control something. It's kind of like letting your child fall down and pick himself up in order to build his character, make his own mistakes in order to learn from them.

If you focus on the reality of your situation, your situation will not change. As difficult as it sounds, you must work to change your perspective. Instead of focusing on what is present in your life, imagine what you would like your life to be. But do not fall victim to your desires. Do not keep asking and praying for what you want. God heard you the first time. He is likely waiting for you to release yourself from your perceived dependence on this unattained desires, before He allows you to experience them.

Also, Satan is definitely at work here. You seem to be a prisoner of this epic spiritual war that we are all born into. You alone do not have the power to escape. Only through faith and fellowship can you wrestle free from Satan's grip. You are no different from me or anyone else.

God bless you.

Upvote 0

LifebyChrist

Take heart
Jan 12, 2011
✟7,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Luke 6:47 "I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice. He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built."

Luke 6:49 "But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete."

1 Corinthians 10:23 ""Everything is permissible"--but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"--but not everything is constructive."

1 Peter 5:10 "And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast."

Galatians 5:22 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,"

Patience is a fruit of the spirit. Do not give up, keep perservering.

Luke 21:19 "By standing firm you will gain life."

Luke 16:9 "I tell you, use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings."

Use your worldy knowledge to give yourself an advantage to find a job, for example when you apply for a job or go to an interview you dress up nicely or show the volunteer work you do or education. Your strong points, keep on applying and persisting.

There are many options, there is wellfare which can help pay for your college or military which usually hires anyone who qualifies, temporary jobs, job hunting agencies or government agencies that will help you get a job.

As for you want a girlfriend, do you even talk to girls? Just find a girl you feel comfortable around and if your too shy just use a dating site/ go to college, someone with the same hobbies as you, Christian single ministries.

The point is do not give up, as Luke 21:19 says you will gain life by standing firm so be patient and compose yourself and keep on going.

God bless you and good luck.

Upvote 0

Ttery

May 27, 2010
✟19,617.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Listen to my story…

God won’t stop tormenting me. He brings much evil upon me and I can’t stop him. Yes, he also does some good to me, for which I am thankful. He blesses me with some food, a little money, a roof over my head, a vehicle that works well and a few nice clothes. He has also made me reasonably attractive, given me good parents, family and friends and lots of other enjoyable things in my life. He has also blessed me with extraordinary wisdom, charisma, communication skills and so on. For these things, I am thankful. In fact, it feels good just to reflect on the few blessings I actually *do* have!

Nevertheless, there is much evil that God brings on me as well. Perhaps it is deserved. Like all human beings on earth, I am not perfect. Of course, no one is. Anyhow, God brings evil upon me in that he will not give me a job. I cannot get a job, no matter what I do. I’ve been unemployed for ages now. I want to start my own business but he will not allow me to. God allowed my finances to be destroyed, too. I went from having excellent credit, to enormous debt – and I was even tithing too! (I realize that tithing does not guarantee he will be happy with me, now.) He has also caused me to desire a wonderful relationship with someone of the opposite sex, yet he refuses to answer that prayer. It is clear he has no intention of fulfilling such a desire, unfortunately for me. I assume this may be related to the fact that I have made it a practice to look at things he may not approve of. I also use profanity at times, which some Christians believe may be a sin. So this is my punishment. Even when I repent, he does not change his punishments. Sometimes I’d prefer it if he would just kill me instead and be done with it. But that would alleviate my pain, so naturally he won’t do it.

So, I have a simple request. Please go to God and pray for me that he will STOP tormenting me with poverty, failure and a lack of a mate. That is ALL I ask. I’m sure he has his reasons and all that. I imagine my suffering is amusing to watch. But nevertheless, I am growing very tired of it and would like it to stop. Please pray for him to stop doing this to me and I will be happy.

Thank you.

"No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it." 1 Corinthians 10:13

These trails in your life are not there to hurt you, of course they will hurt but there here to help you grow in a relationship with God

"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them." Isaiah 42:16

"Darkness into Light" meaning the bad things that happen in your life will be used for good.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2011
✟7,669.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have to comment again.
As someone who has asked God to take him in his sleep, I know a little about how you may feel. My marriage ended, I lost my job, and my mother died all within a year. And six months later, when I found love again, I got my heart broken. Twice.
Boy, was I mad at God. Why would He do this to me?
Well, it has been about a year-and-a-half and I now know why. I have learned so much. First of all, God cannot mold hardened clay. He has to soften you up first. That isn't fun. You'll be ready for him to stop, before He is ready. It's kind of like basic training in the military. If the recruits set the alarm clock and organized the training schedule, there would be no soldiers.
Anyway, I was once materialistic. Now I have absolutely no feeling of want. None at all.
Looking back at the companies I worked for, I realized that they were sucking the life out of me.
And I once I stopped being so needy, women began to flock to me.
My point is, do not judge what enters your life as good or bad. It is all part of the natural flow of life. And even when it seems like the rapids are beating you against the rocks, do not fight the current. Look for God's signs with belief in your heart, not anger.
My salvation was learning how to make believe that all would be well. To muster a feeling a joy in my heart, as excited as a child on Christmas morning. That enabled me to turn my focus from what was wrong to making baby steps in the right direction. I began to see the signposts. And people began to see me reflecting the light of God's glory. Everything changed in a whirlwind. It's not nearly perfect, but I no longer have a need for perfection.
Faith is the only thing that works. But that requires the total and absolute removal of doubt from your mind. It took me about six months to get good at it. Good luck. If I can do it, so can you.

God loves you.

Reactions: mochamajesty
Upvote 0