Visit site
✟25,473.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The president sends you a certificate? For real?
Yep my now dead grandparents got one from former President Clinton. They were the most unhappy married couple I knew btw, and their example of staying together because that is just what people do is not something I wanted to emulate.

Upvote 0

J20

Jul 27, 2006
✟16,013.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep my now dead grandparents got one from former President Clinton. They were the most unhappy married couple I knew btw, and their example of staying together because that is just what people do is not something I wanted to emulate.
That is very sad, but I believe that if people start out right in a marriage and are prepared to work at it is still the best way to have a physical relationship between a man and a woman. I know sometimes marriage don't work for all sorts of reason but I haven't heard a better suggestion.

Upvote 0

sparklecat

Senior Contributor
Nov 29, 2003
✟10,001.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
That is very sad, but I believe that if people start out right in a marriage and are prepared to work at it is still the best way to have a physical relationship between a man and a woman. I know sometimes marriage don't work for all sorts of reason but I haven't heard a better suggestion.

Why is the marriage part necessary? It's not going to make commitment where there is none.

Upvote 0

J20

Jul 27, 2006
✟16,013.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why is the marriage part necessary? It's not going to make commitment where there is none.
True but the idea is that you make the commitment when you get married the marriage bit is an outward show that you are making that commitment.

Upvote 0