Why is everybody so afraid of Islam/Muslims?

H

HakeemSupreme

I think that we should pay particular attention to Muslims and the other groups that are in the Terrorists list without any apologies. If you are a Muslim you should expect to be watched closely by the proper authorities. If you are an innocent Muslim then we mean you no harm but if you do not realize that a 9-11 is more important than you being offended then you are going to be offended a lot.

Haha security trumps freedom - ironic given a lot of M.E states work this way.

Rather than depend on someone’s political or religious theory how about we look at the U.S. State department facts on the most terrorist organizations being Islamic extremist groups?
That isn't a fact. Its called US exceptionalism whereby we don't consider US government action to be acts of terrorism and therefore it doesn't top the list.

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yeah would have been really touch to have gotten to the moon without Muslims.

But hey no one wants to mention that. Might make them seem too human and the we could not kill them in cold blood as easily.

I'm not the best historian, so feel free to correct me on this... But it is plausible that the United States wouldn't even exist if the writings of the Greeks were not rediscovered in Islamic Spain. Their rediscovery helped usher in the Enlightenment, and the men responsible for the founding of the United States were products of the Enlightenment.

Upvote 0

mandyangel

Aug 27, 2010
✟18,392.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

hmm... i can only think of two very good reasons...

9-11-01.jpg

Reactions: Humble Pie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat

hmm... i can only think of two very good reasons...

To quote Family Guy: "No, Peter, Iraq had nothing to do with this, it was a bunch of Saudi Arabians, Lebanese, and Egyptians financed by a Saudi Arabian guy living in Afghanistan and sheltered by Pakistanis."

All of whom, by the way, weren't ACTUALLY all that religious.

So no, those aren't really good reasons.

Upvote 0

mandyangel

Aug 27, 2010
✟18,392.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
If the question is why is people so afraid of Islam/Muslims, then 9/11 is a pretty darned good reason for people in the United States.

If the thread was just made for people to attack America and it military THAT CARRIES THE WEIGHT OF THE WORLD... including all the responsibility for not only keeping the US but other countries safe... and not really ask a question, then never mind.

Reactions: Humble Pie
Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
If the thread was just made for people to attack America and it military THAT CARRIES THE WEIGHT OF THE WORLD... including all the responsibility for not only keeping the US but other countries safe... and not really ask a question, then never mind.

That's a bit misleading, since the American military is not REQUIRED nor OBLIGATED to do the things you mentioned.

Upvote 0
H

HakeemSupreme

If the question is why is people so afraid of Islam/Muslims, then 9/11 is a pretty darned good reason for people in the United States.

Its a pretty darn good reason for people who can't look beyond stereotypes and fear mongering.

We've been through this - American attacks on other countries have killed infinitely more people than terrorist attacks on America, increased the level of hatred and danger in the world [confirmed by virtually every single study undertaken in the last ten years] and the US military don't keep other countries safe.

I'd be interested to see how you can actually back up your views.

Upvote 0

mandyangel

Aug 27, 2010
✟18,392.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I don't have studies or mass research, I just use common sense and what my dad tells me, a 247 politics junkie.

but its easy for the UK or France to point and laugh and talk about how rediculous the United States is. Even Canada. I mean they would be invaded by Norway if not for the United States.

The work the military does is unpopular in all these other countries and they talk about America as this big bully invading other countries. But heres the thing---- the work our troops do over there keeps those very people safe.

Muslim countries and terrorists in the middle east hate the West. They hate civilzied society and democracies. Even though our govt. in the US is a little different from UK or Canada, we still believe in a by the people form. These people don't. They would wipe all those other civilized nations off the map if they could. But the United States if working to defeat that terror and has been outrageously successful. Its easy to criticize but that work of our brave men and women KEEPS YOU SAFE and gives you the right to sit back and bash the United States.

So just think about that maybe, please.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Muslim countries and terrorists in the middle east hate the West. They hate civilzied society and democracies.

Which is why Iran and Lebanon and Pakistan democratically elect their leaders, right? Because they hate democracy?

And have you ever seen these societies? They are very civilized.

But the United States if working to defeat that terror and has been outrageously successful. Its easy to criticize but that work of our brave men and women KEEPS YOU SAFE and gives you the right to sit back and bash the United States.

No, we are not fighting to defeat the terror, we're fighting to clean up our own messes. Virtually every single war on a Muslim country we've fought has been fought to clean up a mess WE made in the first place.

Upvote 0
H

HakeemSupreme

I don't have studies or mass research, I just use common sense and what my dad tells me, a 247 politics junkie.

but its easy for the UK or France to point and laugh and talk about how rediculous the United States is. Even Canada. I mean they would be invaded by Norway if not for the United States.

What? You realise Norway and Canada are nowhere near each other and that Norway have virtually no military?

The work the military does is unpopular in all these other countries and they talk about America as this big bully invading other countries. But heres the thing---- the work our troops do over there keeps those very people safe.
Repeating it doesn't make it true. US invasions have increased the likelihood of terrorism around the world - according to everyone; the academic world, the US intelligence agencies, etc.

Muslim countries and terrorists in the middle east hate the West. They hate civilzied society and democracies.
Please stop listening to your dad because this is completely untrue.

Even though our govt. in the US is a little different from UK or Canada, we still believe in a by the people form. These people don't. They would wipe all those other civilized nations off the map if they could.
Have you read anything about the Middle East? Have you been there? This is absurd.

But the United States if working to defeat that terror and has been outrageously successful.
Killing 100,000s of people, destabilising countries and increasing the likelihood of terrorism isn't a success.

So just think about that maybe, please.
Ironic - you come across as not knowing the most basic stuff about the world around you. Norway? Hate democracy? No more listening to dad.

Again - do you have any evidence to back up what you are saying because it is the exact opposite of reality.

Upvote 0

mandyangel

Aug 27, 2010
✟18,392.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
well, all you have is arguments from people that you trust.

on the same, I also have arguments from people and leaders that I trust, this is what our conservative leaders, presidential candidates, congressmen, and senators are saying. Even Obama, who wouldn't being doing what he is doing in Afganistan, (even though hes doing it wrong) unless he somehow believed in these arguments.

I haven't been to the middle east but lots of these people have and I trust them and what they say.

Upvote 0