Seaside, CA
✟20,934.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've always been one of those weirdos who didn't follow one party or another on every issue, even the majority of issues. But being an Evangelical who grew up in Georgia, I always felt pressure to lean right. In some of the most important issues I still hold a right-leaving viewpoint. In fact, in every major election since I came of age, I voted Republican. I voted for Bush (campaigned like heck for him actually) and McCain and Romney in their respective years.
One of the issues on which I have always disagreed with Republicans is that of immigration. Unfortunately, nativism, and to some extent isolationism, has become one of the biggest issues for Republicans in this election, and the frontrunners are all taking done of the furthest right stances I've ever seen on these issues.
I also appreciate true freedom of religion and understand that if we discriminate against any one religion, Islam for example, that sets a dangerous precedent and opens the door for future iterations of government to do the same to Christianity or whomever else they choose.
These are stupid of the nation reasons why I stepped back and strongly considered, and ultimately decided on, voting on the Democratic side this year.

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've always been one of those weirdos who didn't follow one party or another on every issue, even the majority of issues. But being an Evangelical who grew up in Georgia, I always felt pressure to lean right. In some of the most important issues I still hold a right-leaving viewpoint. In fact, in every major election since I came of age, I voted Republican. I voted for Bush (campaigned like heck for him actually) and McCain and Romney in their respective years.
One of the issues on which I have always disagreed with Republicans is that of immigration. Unfortunately, nativism, and to some extent isolationism, has become one of the biggest issues for Republicans in this election, and the frontrunners are all taking done of the furthest right stances I've ever seen on these issues.
I also appreciate true freedom of religion and understand that if we discriminate against any one religion, Islam for example, that sets a dangerous precedent and opens the door for future iterations of government to do the same to Christianity or whomever else they choose.
These are stupid of the nation reasons why I stepped back and strongly considered, and ultimately decided on, voting on the Democratic side this year.

Do you believe that we should be allowing Syrian muslims into America but blocking Syrian Christians? That's what the democrats are doing right now.

Reactions: ml5363
Upvote 0

BrianJK

Abdul Masih
Aug 21, 2013
Seaside, CA
✟20,934.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you believe that we should be allowing Syrian muslims into America but blocking Syrian Christians? That's what the democrats are doing right now.

I don't believe we should block any refugee on the basis of nationality or religion. I don't believe my particular religion should get preferential treatment either.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe we should block any refugee on the basis of nationality or religion. I don't believe my particular religion should get preferential treatment either.

If certain nation had an ebola outbreak, should we let those citizens migrate freely to the US?

Why should we allow potentially deadly radical Islamists to migrate here if we can't tell who is a danger?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟895,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What sort of PC do you mean, may I ask?
People of faith who seem to think that there is only one faith and expect people to bend to their faith. For example, I have heard of Muslims trying to flat out boycott places or otherwise make it hard for them to do business in a given area based almost solely on the fact that they serve bacon.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟895,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If certain nation had an ebola outbreak, should we let those citizens migrate freely to the US?

Why should we allow potentially deadly radical Islamists to migrate here if we can't tell who is a danger?
On the one hand that is right. On the other just about any group ( faith based or otherwise could cause problems).

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
On the one hand that is right. On the other just about any group ( faith based or otherwise could cause problems).

That's not the case in the world today. Not all Muslims are terrorists, but almost all terrorists are Muslims.

They have a worldwide agenda of destruction and conquest.

Upvote 0

BrianJK

Abdul Masih
Aug 21, 2013
Seaside, CA
✟20,934.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People of faith who seem to think that there is only one faith and expect people to bend to their faith. For example, I have heard of Muslims trying to flat out boycott places or otherwise make it hard for them to do business in a given area based almost solely on the fact that they serve bacon.

That's fair, though it works just as much when Christians try to boycott a product or service they believe has too much Muslim involvement.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟895,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
That's not the case in the world today. Not all Muslims are terrorists, but almost all terrorists are Muslims.

I did not say that that was the ONLY problem that could be caused. For example, we do not want any one here who will be so pushy with their belief system in any way shape or form.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟895,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
That's fair, though it works just as much when Christians try to boycott a product or service they believe has too much Muslim involvement.
And I do not like that. If you do not want to support or do business with such people then do not do business with them.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I did not say that that was the ONLY problem that could be caused. For example, we do not want any one here who will be so pushy with their belief system in any way shape or form.

I don't know of any other group doing that with violence.

Upvote 0

BrianJK

Abdul Masih
Aug 21, 2013
Seaside, CA
✟20,934.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

There's already a very long delay before any refugee enters American society. Free migration is a misnomer if you're talking about refugees. Regarding people suspected of having contagious health issues, there's already a system in place to verify the health of immigrants, and especially refugees, before integration. There are quarantine procedures as well in case of positive testing. There's plenty of information online.

As far as "deadly radical Islamists", that's a nice idea, but hardly proven to the point of international religious discrimination. It's especially not proven to the point of nationality discrimination, that is, refusing to provide aid to refugees solely based on their nationality (Syrian, for example), which is in direct violation of international law, which we as a nation have agreed to follow.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There's already a very long delay before any refugee enters American society.

The delay doesn't matter. The killer in San Bernadino was a new mother!! We don't know who the nut cases are and we shouldn't be gambling with the lives of Americans.

Would you feel differently if one of your family members had been killed by a Muslim radical?

Upvote 0

BrianJK

Abdul Masih
Aug 21, 2013
Seaside, CA
✟20,934.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

A small minority with bad intentions, in my opinion, do not justify the discrimination against nor the vilification of all people who share any one category with that small minority. You're of course entitled to disagree.

Upvote 0