Why I Get Angry On Forums

GodsMan82

May 1, 2014
✟7,682.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know no one cares, but I feel this is something I have to get off my chest.

I get angry really easily on forums, because I want people to be nice to one another. But I'm SERIOUSLY not going to get angry, cause I know fights happen.

And also, I'm not going to make threads all about what I'm going to do/not do. I know you'll be relieved to know that.

I am also not going to post any I'm Sorry threads. Just know that what I say I going to be the truth and nothing but the truth.

Anyway... I'm done. Let's get to having a positive time on here. God bless y'all.

SaltwaterHeart

A Christian Furry And A Christian Brony
Mar 12, 2014
Minnesota
✟7,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I get angry really easily on forums, because I want people to be nice to one another.

To be honest, I feel that way, too. Most of the time, I have the mentality of, "Can we all just get along, and love each other?"
Also: Just because this is the internet, that doesn't give people the right to be disrespectful, hateful, or all-around mean-spirited.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We need to remember that we can't control anyone else, only ourselves. Nobody can force you to become angry over a computer. If you feel yourself starting to get frustrated, step away and calm down. We also need to remember that on a forum as varied as this one, you're going to run into people with vastly different opinions and personalities, and if you can't handle people acting in ways that you may not like or agree with, you may want to rethink how much time you spend here.

A lot of times, if I see a thread with a title that screams "I'm trying to start a fight!", I won't even click on it. Just pass right on by. And if you want upbeat, positive threads, do what you did here, and start them yourself :)

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,067.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I really would like to see people get a long better. Much of it is I don't think we know how to communicate very well. I've spend much of my life learning to communicate and I think its only recently that I've got close to being good at it.

Also an idea that helped me a lot was if I wanted people to accept my views, it was obvious to me that I had to accept theirs. Not in the sense that I had to live someones ideas that I didn't believe, but accept them as a person even tho they had ideas I didn't have.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Inkachu, I will do that. I just feel like I have to be a moderator type, but not on here. I'm done doing that unless they ask me to be one.

It sounds like stepping away from that self-given responsibility might take a big load off your shoulders for starters :)

Upvote 0

GodsMan82

May 1, 2014
✟7,682.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It sounds like stepping away from that self-given responsibility might take a big load off your shoulders for starters :)

I'm doing that now that I'm on this forum. I don't want to be a moderator. I will userp the role. So, I'll just stick to being a regular ember.

Upvote 0