why god has ruined my life

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bevlina

Honey, right at this moment, Satan is prince of the world.
At your age, you think your life may be in a mess, and things seem to get on top of you.
But, is that God - or people, or pressure of life?
Gos never wants bad things for good people. God wants us to be happy. That's why He sent Jesus, and because of Jesus, the Holy Spirit.
And, the Holy Spirit gives JOY! That's what Satan doesn't like.

Upvote 0

Paladin Dave

The Beauty's Beast
Aug 30, 2004
Undisclosed
✟42,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think I can say much that hasn't already been said by someone else, but I'll pray for you and all, outcast. You know, for an outcast, you seem to have a lot of people rallying to your aid. Even if it is only online, look at the amount of people you have who seem to care about you. You probably ought to try going to a church and joining in a youth group or something like that, I know that they would be willing to try and help you out of your plight. In the churches and youth groups I have seen, it was people like you that they sought to find and befriend so as to help bring them back to God. You are bound to find someone who will accept you if you look in the right place(no, don't go join a gang or a goth group thingy, look for people of good repute). And as for the weight thing, well, I know how you feel man:sorry: . Just remember, although it is important to trust in God and have faith that he will help you, it is also a good idea to take the innitiative to get out there and surround yourself with some good stuff and spend more time with him. I'll tell you ahead of time, don't just sit on your hands waiting, because the job will not get done that way. Just remember, God loves you, and he wants you to come back to him. As far as your statement that you are "still kinda christian," I remember a quote from the Screwtape Letters, by CS Lewis(yes its fictional, but it is still a great book and this one quote applies very well to this situation), "Remember, religion in moderation is just as good as no religion at all." I heard an analogy in church recently that we had a "good dog" and a "bad dog" inside of us, meaning we had a good nature and an evil nature, so to speak. When we come to a decision, whichever dog is stronger will take over and its gonna do whatever it does best. What makes one stronger is by surrounding yourself with certain things, what you do during the day, what you watch/listen to/read etc. If we want to live right, we must "starve the bad dog" by avoiding the evil things in life, and doing things that are better for our spiritual well being. Now, I know it sounds kinda lame, but give it a try, don't get too into the gothic stuff, try and join a youth group or something, make a clean start, pray more, anything. I hope you take us seriously, and I hope things get better for you very soon.

BTW, I don't mean to be rude, but please atleast make it known that you are actually reading this stuff and we arent wasting our time;) :D .

Upvote 0
B

Bevlina

Krazeekkc said:
Well, he's the prince of darkness and the father of lies as the sayings go...
Right on Kraz! :thumbsup:
He is a deceiver - the Father of liars. Satan is the one who causes the sadness. And Satan works through many people to cause those who are joyful to become sad.
People who do not have the Fruit of the Spirit often cause sadness to others.
Not God. Just as God uses people to be helpful and happy, comforting and just lovely people, Satan uses others to be bullies, trouble makers, and generally cause strife. So - we keep away from people like that and go on with The Holy Spirit as we do not want to greive the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0
B

Bevlina

Paladin Dave said:
I don't think I can say much that hasn't already been said by someone else, but I'll pray for you and all, outcast. You know, for an outcast, you seem to have a lot of people rallying to your aid. Even if it is only online, look at the amount of people you have who seem to care about you. You probably ought to try going to a church and joining in a youth group or something like that, I know that they would be willing to try and help you out of your plight. In the churches and youth groups I have seen, it was people like you that they sought to find and befriend so as to help bring them back to God. You are bound to find someone who will accept you if you look in the right place(no, don't go join a gang or a goth group thingy, look for people of good repute). And as for the weight thing, well, I know how you feel man:sorry: . Just remember, although it is important to trust in God and have faith that he will help you, it is also a good idea to take the innitiative to get out there and surround yourself with some good stuff and spend more time with him. I'll tell you ahead of time, don't just sit on your hands waiting, because the job will not get done that way. Just remember, God loves you, and he wants you to come back to him. As far as your statement that you are "still kinda christian," I remember a quote from the Screwtape Letters, by CS Lewis(yes its fictional, but it is still a great book and this one quote applies very well to this situation), "Remember, religion in moderation is just as good as no religion at all." I heard an analogy in church recently that we had a "good dog" and a "bad dog" inside of us, meaning we had a good nature and an evil nature, so to speak. When we come to a decision, whichever dog is stronger will take over and its gonna do whatever it does best. What makes one stronger is by surrounding yourself with certain things, what you do during the day, what you watch/listen to/read etc. If we want to live right, we must "starve the bad dog" by avoiding the evil things in life, and doing things that are better for our spiritual well being. Now, I know it sounds kinda lame, but give it a try, don't get too into the gothic stuff, try and join a youth group or something, make a clean start, pray more, anything. I hope you take us seriously, and I hope things get better for you very soon.

BTW, I don't mean to be rude, but please atleast make it known that you are actually reading this stuff and we arent wasting our time;) :D .
Fabulous post Paladin! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Oct 11, 2004
✟130.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You are still very young and there is much you have not experienced yet. I remember my days at 16 and in high school. Not very popular, thought I needed to lose weight, and just about every other problem you could think of. Amazing when I look at pictures now and realize I did not need to lose weight and I quite possibly was in good shape. Funny thing happened after graduation, I left for the military and found myself. I heard everyone talking about finding yourself but never knew what that was about until it happened to me. I came back and found all those who were on top of the world in school at the bottom of the pits on their own.

Life is going to be a rollercoaster and I just try to hang on when it is bad, and I enjoy every moment when I am on top. You will find yourself and you will only get there faster with God. I suggest reading the book of Job in the bible. Take it from someone who has been there, I was depressed as well and thought of suicide almost daily. This too shall pass! I carried that quote in my wallet for four years and just continued to fight. You will find yourself, you will be a success. I suggest reading some self-help books on Positive Mental Attitude, and making some affirmations that you can read to yourself daily. Affirmations are nothing more then statements that help program your subconcious mind, such as "I am feeling energetic at a healthy 180 pounds." or whatever is your goal weight. You can use this technique for anything you are looking to do. Hang in there and lean on the Lord for help, don't push him away you need him now more then ever.

Upvote 0

luc

Aug 21, 2004
✟7,904.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Bevlina said:
Right on Kraz! :thumbsup:
He is a deceiver - the Father of liars. Satan is the one who causes the sadness. And Satan works through many people to cause those who are joyful to become sad.
People who do not have the Fruit of the Spirit often cause sadness to others.
Not God. Just as God uses people to be helpful and happy, comforting and just lovely people, Satan uses others to be bullies, trouble makers, and generally cause strife. So - we keep away from people like that and go on with The Holy Spirit as we do not want to greive the Holy Spirit.
so satan sets us free,allowss us to be human, eh

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bain_Adaneth

Nov 14, 2003
cali~~*the golden state*~~
✟8,442.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
theOutcast-
There are alot of things that God doesn't change just because. That is because He is a fair God. He lets us make our own choices. That's why He doesn't stop people from doing wrong, because they choose to do it. Even if He wanted them to stop. He made man in His image, but sin came into the world to distort that image. It is sin that has brought sufferings, worry and death into the world, not God. Why are you worried about your weight, and how you look? I can understand the medical problems with being overweight, but that doesn't stop God from loving you for who you are inside. People look on the outside, but God sees the real you. And the real you, is who He is going to judge. God doesn't care, or is not even amazed if the world's richest, smartest, most handsome guy was standing before Him during his judgement. God sees right straight through his heart. God loves us unconditionally. Besides, who's to say who's normal.. aren't we all different? Don't become gothic, just be yourself. If I knew you as a friend, I would want you to be who you really are, instead of trying to hide behind that mask. I would want you to share your real feelings, the truth about YOU. That's important in friendship, is being true to eachother, most importantly to yourself. Don't let struggles in life keep you from your relationship with God and steal your salvation. I've had so much struggles, in my life, and I notice now that instead of losing my faith in God, they actually strengthens my faith. Because I get temptations everyday, but when I put my faith and all my worries into His hands, righteousness wins. And I have overcome another barrier, and my faith just grows everyday. Satan throws these earthly worries in our lives just to throw us off the path of Light. Don't let that stop you from having a relationship with God. Never let your eyes off Jesus. Keep focus. TheOutcast, we are only on this earth for a short time to do God's will. I think about it all the time. And sometimes I even laugh at myself, because I stress out too. And after a day of stressing and worrying head over heals, I sit down to ponder on the real purpose of me being here on earth. And I know that God is higher and He knows more than we can ever understand. And I know that I should be thinking about more important stuff than little worries about life on earth. Because when I do get to Heaven, I'll look at this world and I will remember times like stressing over what to wear, what to prepare for dinner, my stress over test taking, and then I can ask myself why I was so worried? Because God has already prepared for us all we need. We don't have to worry anymore. Pray to Him and tell Him that you will put all worrying into His hands. God says that when get to heaven we won't worry anymore and He will wipe away every tear from our eyes. So look forward to that day. And keep on walking with God. Ask Him to guide you. And no He won't be upset, because He is merciful, and will forgive if you ask Him and mean it from your heart. Everyone is going throught different stuggles, but Jesus said He will never leave us. Keep doing what you can to fullfill God's will, and He will take care of the rest. Put your faith in God. Thank you for sharing...please ask more questions...I will pray for you....and pray for yourself too, it's your connection to God, through Jesus Christ.....

Upvote 0

Chrono Traveler

Aug 28, 2004
✟8,771.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, the best advice I can give to anyone like you is...Don't give up on life. I went through the same stuff, and trust me, it's hard..All you can really do, follow your heart, and try to be happy. Don't worry about religion too much, at least now... there are PEOPLE who care, and if you need their help just ask...

Upvote 0

persianboy

Nov 13, 2004
Houston,tx
✟219.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
~theoutcast~ said:
I'm still kinda a Christian but I'm so close to not believing in god anymore. my life is falling apart before my eyes. they are so many things wrong. I'm close to hating god. I have no friends, I'm becoming gothic (is that wrong?), I can't loose weight, I have depression, god is laughing at me and I know it. this almighty powerful being that could make things for me better in an instant if he wanted to but decides to let me suffer. I have a question. why should I continue to be a christian if god is this cold? thanx
Are you trying your hardest to live for God? God's not laughing at you, the devil is...satan is the cause for your problems, and partly we fall into these problems when a saved person doesnt live the way he should! Draw nigh to God and he will draw nigh to you...:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

neon_sheep

Nov 12, 2004
Calgary
✟182.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
God loves you.
There are people who are dying right now and would love to have your life.
Don't take it for granted.
I really understand being depressed and having no friends and everything.
EVERYONE has gone through it at some point, and its really, really hard.
Life will challenge you but you've just gotta challenge it right back!
but what you need to ask yourself is: Are you up to the challenge?
God gave you all the gifts you need to handle this. Take it one day at a time.
And trust me not believing in God and hating God won't solve your problems.
I did and I hurt myself in so many more ways. Keep having faith. I am confident you can do it!!!
I'll be praying for you, hun.
Your sister in Christ (YES!),
Taryn

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bubblefish

used to be cat_goes_meow
Oct 23, 2004
Australia
✟34,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A lot of horrible things have happened to me throughout my life and since I have become a Christian...some I am still going through now.I Was an outcast for quite a while...family members died and were hurt around me...mum trying to stop me going out except for school...and many more

At times I felt like God was against me and asked myself why he would allow it...

But with many supportive people around me I realized that it was not God...It is the Devil trying to ruin your relationship with him. Don't let that happen!

And even though it was horrible at the time I have become stronger in faith and in life because of it. I realized that I did have really good friends who would support me no matter what.

Suffering also comes with the right to choose. God gave us the choice. It is because of our choices and the choices of our ancestors that we have the suffering we have today.

Depression = visit a doctor...i know some of the consequences of it through one of my friends

My advice is to talk to somebody close to you about your problems and if needed get professional advice from a doctor. And pray about your problems...It may not seem like something you want to do but trust me if you talk to God about your problems he will help you...He wants to help you now but you have to open your heart and let him!

I really hope that everything works out for you :)

Upvote 0

Tie

Aug 13, 2004
sydney
✟188.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
i was reading what you said with a familualirty. i have felt the same way before and sometimes when i first started in my walk with christ everything just semt so difficult.. still things wouldnt change around me that i wanted them too, and still 2 years after it gets difficult with the enemy's attcks and with Gods trials.
so much i wanted to change things but some things are just the way they are for a reason.
you can either go two ways when things confront us, the enemys or Gods way.. the enemys way is decitful and hurts you more then we can sometimes imagine. Gods way is pure and fresh.

i felt the same way too
it wasnt intill i woke up really early one morning and i watched joyce myer
and she was talking on how sometime "God set higher circumstances that we can't controll and the only thing we can do is walk through it, and pass through all the obstcals and in the end we come out stronger & learn something out of that trail."
sometimes trying to control things is the worst thing we can do. cause we feel like we have failed if we can't control it.
but you can control yourself you can control who you want to be it's just your choice..

and these feelings you have like deppression sadness maybe even anger, it will go away you need to learn to trust in God let people help you.
find christian friends that can lead and help you in your walk with christ.
"Don't hide away from God Hide in him"

i'll be praying for you.:crossrc:
your in my thoughts.
Dont Give up.
Make a choice to do what your heart is telling you to do...

God Bless

Upvote 0

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
~theoutcast~ said:
I'm still kinda a Christian but I'm so close to not believing in god anymore. my life is falling apart before my eyes. they are so many things wrong. I'm close to hating god. I have no friends, I'm becoming gothic (is that wrong?), I can't loose weight, I have depression, god is laughing at me and I know it. this almighty powerful being that could make things for me better in an instant if he wanted to but decides to let me suffer. I have a question. why should I continue to be a christian if god is this cold? thanx
Dear young person,

You have received enough relevant information in this thread to help you. People from all the walks of life cared. There were Christians, non-Christians, agnostics, liberals and even someone who had a Bible in the laptop, yet insisted calling God a "she". From what I read - advices were good and relevant.
There are two things missing, however. These are respect and following the crowd.
1. You must start learning how to respect God. Suggestion, start capitalizing the "g". I noticed you capitalize the "I", as in "I know". Silly? No. The world does not revolve around you. Think about it. There is a good Christian principle - JAS 4:8 Come near to God and he will come near to you. ... 10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.
2. Stop following the crowd - you'll fall off the cliff. Painting your fingernails black is not the way. But there is a way - "Follow me" said Christ.

It works.

Thanks for sharing your concerns,
Ed

Upvote 0

Messenger30

Mar 30, 2004
Missouri
Visit site
✟15,304.00
Faith
Christian
~theoutcast~ said:

If you believe in God you are a Christian there is no kinda about it. God isn't cold. Look for the good that you have and focus on that and before you know it you will find more goodness. Being a christian is wonderful because we know we are not on our own. Imagine if with all the problems you are having there wasn't a God....there wouldn't be a chance for things to get better. But you are not alone He is there. Believe in him fully....and trust. Love, love and love some more and you will have a full life.

If you want you can PM me.

Love and God Bless you,
Messenger

Upvote 0

Illuminati

Nov 24, 2004
✟138.00
Faith
Atheist
Theoutcast, I want you to listen to me very closely. Even though I do not believe in god, you can not blame him for who you are. No there is nothing wrong with Goth! The reason I believe christian dogma is unhealthy, is because it takes away personal accountability. If you do bad it is because of Satan, if you do good it is because of god, to me that is garbage. I would like to see you get your life together, be happy and healthy, so that you can prove to yourself that you don't need god, since I believe that if you really want something, you need to go after it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.