why god has ruined my life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bingo, but going "LA LA LA, I CAN'T HEAR OPPOSING ARUGUMENTS" isn't really a way of testing faith. I don't think going "Wow, Adam and Eve's kids found wives from somewhere, where the heck did THEY come from?" is blasphemous.

When God says "You shall worship no other gods before me," doesn't that inherently indicate that there ARE OTHER GODS?

That's the difference between walking in Christ contently, and just having blind faith. The latter never appealed to me much.

Upvote 0
Rather than worry about who to blame, why not step up to the plate, realize that for whatever reason this is the hand you've been dealt, and work it from there. God and the Devil are all well and good, but they're abstractions. I'd rather work with the here and now and let eternity sort the rest out.

Upvote 0

luc

Aug 21, 2004
✟7,904.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
blame satan, ha u musnt blame him, u must turn the other cheek, thats wat jesus would do

neither god nor satan hate anyone

degreelouis said:
COME back to Him with all your heart. There is no other way and deep down you know it.
read Joh.10:19 and to see the truth verse 10. Dont blame God, blame the devil.
God loves you and we care about you
you are not alone look at all your letters.WONDERFULL!
Pastor Louis de Bruin

Upvote 0

Blessed2003

Duck, duck, duck, GOOSE..
Jan 20, 2004
✟1,452.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Interesting thread. I'm not sure if I'm on or not, but I'll take a stab at it. One I think that yes, the enemy of God will tell lies to everyone who is on the verge of 'waxing cold' but we can refuse to believe the lies, and trust God. Second, the enemy only 'tempts' us, we are enticed by our own lusts, and we are also carried away by them, it is amazing how we can convince ourselves or even lie to ourselves to 'justify' doing the wrong that we enjoy.
I was changed in the summer of '03 and when it happened I was forced to 'look in the mirror' I was shocked at what I saw. I had always thought I was a pretty good person, I had always thought that I was mistreated badly by others, until my reflection revealed otherwise, I have realized that all who were guilty of wronging me, I too at one time or another, had wronged someone in that very way. It made me very sad, and it is not fun to be humbled constantly, but it is worth it, it produces good qualities in your character, and if you love good, it will well be worth it to 'allow' yourslef to be disciplined.

But, to the original poster, I know it may seem God is the cause, but don't let your heart lose good, you will reap what you sow, that is the way of life. period, like the law of gravity, it will not change, as long as the sun rises and sets, we will reap what we sow, (if you have sown good and still don't see that you are reaping, then don't stop believing, your time will come.)

Upvote 0

Zach

Oct 10, 2004
✟137.00
Faith
Christian
I always believe that God's temple is us, not the brick-and-mortar with a cross on top of it. When God says to keep His temple holy, I believe He means that we must keep ourselves clean and holy. We are made according to His own image and, unlike the brick and mortar, we live. We are more precious than mere stones.

If God's temple was made of brick and mortar, there is no need for a devil to destroy it. Insects and bugs can destroy it.

However, since God's temple is us, the only way to destroy it is through doubts. You may physically kill a person but you cannot kill that person's convictions. The only way to destroy a person's convictions (belief) is through doubts. Tempt him/her, make everything looks hopeless, and see whether s/he will still look for his/her God. Faith is the foundation of God's temple inside all of us.

Mat 13:22 And that sown into the thorns is this: he who hears the Word; and the anxiety of this world, and the deceit of riches, choke the Word, and he becomes unfruitful.
Mat 14:30 But seeing that the wind was strong, he was afraid. And beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me! Mat 14:31 And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him; and said to him, Little-faith! Why did you doubt?

I believe that analytical reasoning, to a certain extent, is healthy because it allows further exploration/study into the subject (I am an analytical person myself). However, at the same time, we must also realize that our reasoning is not complete. There are many things that cannot be explained despite our highly developed science and technological advances. (I am not even talking about UFO, Aliens, etc. Forget about those.) If our knowledge is complete, there is no need for our scientists to do research. The fact that we are still getting scientific breakthrough and technological advances shows there are many things out there that we still do not know.

Therefore, do not despair if things look hopeless by our analytical reasonings because our reasoning is not complete.

Mat 21:21 Jesus answered and said to them, Truly I say to you, If you have faith and do not doubt, you shall not only do this miracle of the fig tree, but also; if you shall say to this mountain, Be moved and be thrown into the sea; it shall be done.
Mat 21:22 And all things, whatever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive.

We are born as rulers (We are God's children). Anxieties, worries, doubts, etc. are made to submit to us - our will, and not us being dictated by them. They do not rule over us. Everything in this world is made to submit to us.

Gen 1:28 And God blessed them. And God said to them, Be fruitful, and multiply and fill the earth, and subdue it. And have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the fowl of the heavens, and all animals that move upon the earth.

Gen 4:7 If you do well, shall you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin crouches at the door; and its desire is for you, and you shall rule over it.

Jesus is sent to set us free. Do not be enslaved by anxieties, worries, etc. Subdue them and BE FREE!

Reactions: Blessed2003
Upvote 0
Oct 19, 2004
✟122.00
Faith
Calvinist
~theoutcast~ said:
I'm still kinda a Christian but I'm so close to not believing in god anymore. my life is falling apart before my eyes. they are so many things wrong. I'm close to hating god. I have no friends, I'm becoming gothic (is that wrong?), I can't loose weight, I have depression, god is laughing at me and I know it. this almighty powerful being that could make things for me better in an instant if he wanted to but decides to let me suffer. I have a question. why should I continue to be a christian if god is this cold? thanx
I don't think God has ruined your life, but I think he is possibly showing you your life without him. I suggest you read the Psalms where David was going through tremendous life circumstances, he wrote his feelings down, showing his pain, yet he also wrote how God heard his cries and delivered him. Scripture is what you should be reading and absorbing, it is how we know the God of the Bible and his care and love for us and how we obtain victory. :help:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeekingJesusNow

Oct 20, 2004
Texas
✟7,634.00
Faith
Christian
Hi theoutcast,
I am a newbie here...been reading and responding to posts. There are many posts that moved my heart...yours in particular. I am 31 yrs. old now, but I remember being younger very clearly. Sometimes once people past a point, they forget what that point in life was like. I think your problems now are more important now than ever. Choices you make now will make choices you make much later even more important. You can go down a bad path now, that take a large part of your life to get off of. That is what happened to me. I was in a much similar point in my life and it just got worse as time went on. At nineteen I got pregnant out of wedlock and lost my baby. He died of birth defects and I was all alone thru the whole thing. I was so angry with God. I felt like you. Why won't he do something? I realized a few years ago that He did do something. He gave us Jesus and the Bible, which gives us the answers. Once I started really reading and learning what the Bible's message was I started to find all the answers to the questions you asked.
These bad things in your life that are personally directed to you, like depression and weight, even the Gothic part in my opinion, are the product of sin. If you believe the Bible, you see that God created us to be a certain thing. Like a car has specific functions, needs, etc. So, do people. Of course it is much more complex because we have knowledge and choice. The priciple is the same. God created humans to be a specific thing. Which means when we don't function in the manner we were created to, we don't function properly and to the best of our ability. It's like putting oil in the gas tank of your car. The car has all kinds of issues.
I remember being miserable and I wasted years waiting for someone, God included, to come and rescue me. Now, I see that I have to save myself by taking the first steps and walking away from anything the Bible says is sin. It hurts really bad. There is a price to be paid on earth for sin. There is much discomfort pulling away from it, especially when it's all you know (like my life). But just like there is reward after life, there is reward in life once we obey God's law. It is a law of justice, peace, and love. That is what you have when you live by the law. The law makes God happy because it is Good. It has a good product.
The reason God doesn't come down and take over? The process is this: Sin is not a product of God. He doesn't create or condone it in anyway. He does not look at it, hear it, or function very well when a person has it in their life. It actually interferes with your prayers being heard and that has scriptual backing. Think of the worst thing you can and your reaction to it. This is how God feels against even the smallest sin, and to a much worse degree because He feels so deeply from such a righteous place. Once the sin is introduced into our lives at childhood, the product of sin does too. It continually grows until we repent and stop producing it in our lives.
Now why would God allow us to be tempted or not take over in some way after? First off that would be interference with our choice. God doesn't want robots. He loves us and like us, when we love we want love in return that was by choice. The Bible tells us that if we obey God, we love Him. So, to prove our love or lack of, is shown by our actions toward His law. This is also a means of establishing a relationship with you. Why else would someone seek a saviour? It is because we need to be saved, loved, forgiven, etc. that we seek for Jesus. Another reason for allowing us to be tested is to learn. It shapes us for the better in the long run and short run if we choose to resist temptation. God allows our imperfections to be seen by us when we choose a path that strays from Him. Once we sin and backslide, there is the reprocussion of it in our lives. We can then catch and correct or allow it to grow.
Jesus loves you and is there. In parting I feel that I should share something with you. In the first book of the New Testament, in Matthew Jesus gets baptised by John, receives the Holy Spirit, and then goes into the wilderness where He fast for 40 days and nights. Once He is in this weakened point, Satan comes to tempt Him. I feel this is a very important example of how Satan works sin into our lives, or attempts to.
When Satan comes to Jesus he first asks Jesus, if you are the son of God...turn thses stones into bread. So, this first attack is an attack on our physical weakness. Jesus replies short and truthfully, it is written that Man alone shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Jesus shows us not to partake in sin, even when we are hungry and weary. He shows us to depend on God.
The 2nd time, Satan takes Jesus high upon a temple. Omitting a part of the scripture he attempts to use the Word against Jesus. He tells Jesus that if you are the son of God, throw yourself off the temple, for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning you and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. So, satan is using part of a scripture to tempt Jesus into proving himself. (The missing part is stating that on behalf of Jesus' righteousness not if Jesus were to commit a sin like suicide and then the angels would not "bear him up") Jesus resonds that it is written thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. Take note here that when Satan couldn't use Jesus' physical discomfort against Him and realized Jesus used the Word to defer temptation the first time, Satan immediately attempted to distort the Word itself. Many people allow Satan to do this thru them today.
So, Satan tries one final time. This time he uses worldly possesions. He tells Jesus he will give Jesus everything He can see from this high temple, if Jesus will just fall down and worship him. Jesus responds with a rebuke: Get thee hence Satan:thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
As you can see from this part of the Bible...Satan tempts your physical weakness, then attempts to distort God's word, and finally tempts a person's desires or greed. I wanted to share this so you can identify Satan as he aproaches you. I think the example of Jesus' temptation was placed in the Bible not only to show He truly lived as a human, but also how the devil will function in your life with temptation.
I hope this helps some and that things are easier for you now.

All My Love,
Mikster/SeekingJesusNow

Reactions: Evee
Upvote 0

ronaldp

Senior Veteran
May 3, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
✟17,862.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
~theoutcast~ said:
I'm still kinda a Christian but I'm so close to not believing in god anymore. my life is falling apart before my eyes. they are so many things wrong. I'm close to hating god. I have no friends, I'm becoming gothic (is that wrong?), I can't loose weight, I have depression, god is laughing at me and I know it. this almighty powerful being that could make things for me better in an instant if he wanted to but decides to let me suffer. I have a question. why should I continue to be a christian if god is this cold? thanx
Dear theoutcast

Hi, I think I've been in you position before. About three years of my highschool life has been going downhill, nothing is going the right way and I'm in a constant fight with the people that I love, my school is messed up, I was hanging out with the wrong crowd and basically everything that I'm doing and plan on doing is just messed up. But 2 years ago I just broke down and thought that I couldn't handle it anymore. Then something happen that told me pretty interesting things. Actually, I got a new Sunday school teacher. He told me that sometimes bad things do happen in life, and it's easy to blame God for all of it, because after all God is in control of our life right. For you things may be going wrong but God always has a plan for you. It may be going wrong in your view, because as human being we always want things our way, like why can't I have a nice car or why can't I have a lot of money. As human we automatically blame God for the bad things that are happening in our life. Talk to God!! ask Him what He wants you to do, if you go with God nothing is impossible and if you fall down God is always there for you. He's carrying you on His back through it all. Actually, you do have a friend, the bestest friend you could ever get, and I think you know who it is, God. Hating God doesn't do you any good, God loves you, why would you want to hate Him. He's always there for you, even when He seems so far away. Try praying and talking to HIm it always helps. Plus God will never laugh at you, in the bible it says that "When you weep, I weep", God feels every pain that you feel, when you cry, He's right there beside you crying with you. Basically God is always there and He's always with you even if He seems far away, it's up to you to talk to Him about how you feel and ask Him to help you. I got a question for you, how do you know that God is laughing at you? Another thing is suffering is not necessarily a bad thing, look at Joab in the bible. All of his family and property was lost in an instant, plus he got a disease that made him an outkast, but in the midst of all of that he still believe that God is guiding him to a better life. And you know the end result right, well just in case you don't, Joab's fortune and his children was doubled, I think. Suffering leads to perseverance which leads to a better faith and patience. Usually, when you suffer you should go to God, ask Him for guidance and help. If you do that your relationship with God will be tighten. All of the apostles suffer and even Jesus himself suffered, when you become a Christian God didn't promise you a life without suffering, and pain. But He did offer you a friend in Him, and whenever you ask Him for help He will be right there with you, suffering with you, feeling every bits of you pain, and He'll also help you to go through it all. What more can you ask for in a Father and the bestest best friend.:yum:

Upvote 0

fluffy_rainbow

I've Got a Secret ;-)
Oct 20, 2004
Georgia, USA
✟2,285.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
I guess I have long-since forgotten teen angst so I'm having a difficult time understanding your situation at hand. All I can say is that I'm sorry you feel this way; however, it is almost a lie to label yourself as a non-theist. You say you're "sort of a Christian still" but you are slowly starting to lose belief. And yet you say "I don't really believe in God because he did all these mean things to me". If you feel god has done you wrong then you must believe he exists.

As far as being Goth, I don't see anything wrong with that, but don't do it just because you think it falls in line with your new Sylvia Plath reading, Slipknot worshiping, "paint my life and everything in it black" mentality. I recommend speaking with a counselor and see about making some positive changes in your life. Some things that happen in life are beyond our control. Others can be rectified if we just seize the opportunity to do so. If we let it slip through our fingers, then we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Upvote 0

begoten son lover_1

Sep 3, 2004
✟7,671.00
Faith
Christian
great answers sir:clap: :clap:

I just have a few things to add

CaDan said:
1)Like with so many things for you right now, you have to shift from a child's faith to an adult's faith. AND IT'S HARD! A lot of people can't do it.

1)I believe with a child's eyes but not a childs faith

CaDan said:
2)The old you is dying, dying hard. The new you is struggling to be born. It's hard and it hurts. I remember.

2) If you take it step by step then it will help

CaDan said:
3)Is it worth hating God? Really? What are ya' gonna do to the creator of the universe? Nothing, really. God is beyond your ability to hurt or really to hate.

nothing to add.
CaDan said:
)Been there. It goes away; friends come if you don't intentionally drive people away. It only lasts, at most, for a year or two. BUT DURING THAT TIME IT FEELS LIKE FOREVER!!!! IT HURTS A LOT!!! But it isn't really forever, it just feels that way
CaDan said:

3)Here's practical advice that might be a little embarrassing and sound a little stupd, but it's true and given in good faith. When people feel alienated, they begin to neglect personal hygiene (like regular showers and brushing teeth). This just feeds the vicious cycle and others don't want to associate with them. Don't do this. Stay clean, even if it's not specifically for any person. At the very least, it gives you a sliver of self-respect to which you can cling..

4)
CaDan said:
)It's not wrong, but make sure you get the negatives of any pictures. You WILL be embarrassed later! :)
CaDan said:

5)Sure you can. But you may have more important things to do.

6)They now have magic pills that far exceed anything that was available to me. But don't self-medicate until you get an MD. :)

7)After a quick Bible search (I love having a Bible on my laptop!), it looks like God only laughs at people who think they can hurt Her or bring Her down. I don't think that is you.

8)Yup. Suffering sucks. And you are suffering. You are at the hardest point of life until the end when you have the tubes sticking out of you. I suppose God could mold us all directly out of dust like Adam and take us directly out of this world like Enoch, but it doesn't work that way. Sorry.

9)You need to accomplish one thing every day. If you can't do that, you need some meds to help you out.

10)Do you have a choice? Will She go away if you say so?

You can intellectually reject God. And it is an intellectually consistent position. But that rejection of God will not end your suffering.

Given the time of year, you are probably dreading the beginning of the school year, or have just started back at that institutional hellhole. It's boring because it was designed to be boring. Suck it up and get detached from the institution. It's not real. Go to the classes and do the work, but school is not real in the same sense people are real. Pay attention to people. Study them. Try to figure them out. Try to guess what your English teacher's wife looks like. Do you think your math teacher has a clean basement or a dirty basement?

LiveStrong.

like i said great answers

in him

Begoten

Upvote 0

anunbeliever

Veteran
Sep 8, 2004
✟8,986.00
Faith
Agnostic
~theoutcast~ said:
I have no friends, I'm becoming gothic (is that wrong?), I can't loose weight, I have depression, god is laughing at me and I know it.
I know this sounds harsh, but you are a teenager. Many 14-19 year olds feel like you do. Your depression may be the teenage-normal type or it may be more serious (in which case you should see a doctor). I'm not saying that what you are feeling is trivial or not real. I am saying that what you are feeling isnt unusual at your age.

Apart from your weight and lack of friends, what other things are stressing you? Hows your family? school? Health in general?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
W

wackyjo

I am a teen myself -- and to be quite honest,,I know what you are going through

Just search for God, if you seek him with ur whole heart, you will find HIm....He cares because he's got a love machine....sorry, if that sound weird but he proved he cares about you...."while we were still sinners, Christ died for us"

I am reluctant to call myself a Christian....I am unsure exactly what I believe about Jesus and God etc....but what I can see from the people in my youth group in church...is that THIS GOD IS MAKING A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN THEIR LIVES!!!!! :)

Do you think's is terrible if you are become a gothic,,everyone can be whatever they want,,,and if we all were the same that would be drastic,,,,you know God loves us JUST THE WAY WE ARE!!!

He loves us all...rely on Him. you may not be able to see him working now but he has a PURPOSE for you life!

Upvote 0
B

Bevlina

God never causes depression, pr sadness. God is a God of Love. It is through Him we can once again learn to laugh and be happy! Satan is ther one who causes those things in order to make you doubt God.
How many times have you heard people say "Why did God let this happen?"
That's because God did not mean for anything bad to happen to you. Satan does that and wants you to blame God.
Always remember. GOD IS LOVE.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.