why god has ruined my life

Status
Not open for further replies.

~theoutcast~

Aug 23, 2004
✟122.00
Faith
Atheist
I'm still kinda a Christian but I'm so close to not believing in god anymore. my life is falling apart before my eyes. they are so many things wrong. I'm close to hating god. I have no friends, I'm becoming gothic (is that wrong?), I can't loose weight, I have depression, god is laughing at me and I know it. this almighty powerful being that could make things for me better in an instant if he wanted to but decides to let me suffer. I have a question. why should I continue to be a christian if god is this cold? thanx

Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'm not a Christian, myself `theoutcast`, but I find little to disagree with Christians about. If you're struggling, turn to those you love, ask for their help. Sometimes, maybe, feeling alienated from your beliefs and your faith and life in general, is more likely just feeling alienated from those around you. I'm assuming you live with your parents, and, if so, how about going to your mom telling her you hurt and asking for a hug, I'll bet you will be surprised and will break down in a good way in her arms. Be a child again for a few moments and let her take care of you. It may make a wonderful difference.

I'm pulling for you!

Upvote 0

Touring3D

Aug 10, 2004
Bossier City, LA
Visit site
✟8,903.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Blaming your problems on God is not correct. You can't blame someone else for the consequences of the choices you make. You "know" God is laughing at you? That's a pretty unreasonable statement. At 16, I was a pretty emotional person also. If I didn't get invited to a party... my life was OVER! Calm down. Stop blaming God. Repent, and pray for forgiveness. Spend time with God daily. :prayer:

Upvote 0

Logic

May 25, 2004
Michigan
✟1,988.00
Faith
Other Religion
Well, I don't think blaming God for your problems is a good idea. I wouldn't get too hung up in how God is giving you the raw deal, I'd focus on improving myself and getting back on track. Becomming "gothic" is nothing bad really, if you like to express yourself that way, more power to you, but don't do things that are harmful to you or others.

Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟71,245.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
~theoutcast~ said:
I'm still kinda a Christian but I'm so close to not believing in god anymore.

Like with so many things for you right now, you have to shift from a child's faith to an adult's faith. AND IT'S HARD! A lot of people can't do it.

~theoutcast~ said:
my life is falling apart before my eyes. they are so many things wrong.

The old you is dying, dying hard. The new you is struggling to be born. It's hard and it hurts. I remember.

~theoutcast~ said:
I'm close to hating god.

Is it worth hating God? Really? What are ya' gonna do to the creator of the universe? Nothing, really. God is beyond your ability to hurt or really to hate.

~theoutcast~ said:
I have no friends,

Been there. It goes away; friends come if you don't intentionally drive people away. It only lasts, at most, for a year or two. BUT DURING THAT TIME IT FEELS LIKE FOREVER!!!! IT HURTS A LOT!!! But it isn't really forever, it just feels that way.

Here's practical advice that might be a little embarrassing and sound a little stupd, but it's true and given in good faith. When people feel alienated, they begin to neglect personal hygiene (like regular showers and brushing teeth). This just feeds the vicious cycle and others don't want to associate with them. Don't do this. Stay clean, even if it's not specifically for any person. At the very least, it gives you a sliver of self-respect to which you can cling.

~theoutcast~ said:
I'm becoming gothic (is that wrong?),

It's not wrong, but make sure you get the negatives of any pictures. You WILL be embarrassed later! :)

~theoutcast~ said:
I can't loose weight,

Sure you can. But you may have more important things to do.

~theoutcast~ said:
I have depression,

They now have magic pills that far exceed anything that was available to me. But don't self-medicate until you get an MD. :)

~theoutcast~ said:
god is laughing at me and I know it.

After a quick Bible search (I love having a Bible on my laptop!), it looks like God only laughs at people who think they can hurt Her or bring Her down. I don't think that is you.

~theoutcast~ said:
this almighty powerful being that could make things for me better in an instant if he wanted to but decides to let me suffer.

Yup. Suffering sucks. And you are suffering. You are at the hardest point of life until the end when you have the tubes sticking out of you. I suppose God could mold us all directly out of dust like Adam and take us directly out of this world like Enoch, but it doesn't work that way. Sorry.

You need to accomplish one thing every day. If you can't do that, you need some meds to help you out.

~theoutcast~ said:
I have a question. why should I continue to be a christian if god is this cold? thanx

Do you have a choice? Will She go away if you say so?

You can intellectually reject God. And it is an intellectually consistent position. But that rejection of God will not end your suffering.

Given the time of year, you are probably dreading the beginning of the school year, or have just started back at that institutional hellhole. It's boring because it was designed to be boring. Suck it up and get detached from the institution. It's not real. Go to the classes and do the work, but school is not real in the same sense people are real. Pay attention to people. Study them. Try to figure them out. Try to guess what your English teacher's wife looks like. Do you think your math teacher has a clean basement or a dirty basement?

LiveStrong.

current music:

Metallica - Hit the Lights
Guitar Slim & Jelly Belly - No More Hard Times
The Jam - Smithers-Jones
Lou Reed & John Cale - A Dream
The Cure - Love Cats

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think I can add much to what CaDan said.

Nothing wrong with being a goth. I married one. They're awesome! Some people may give you a hard time for it. Can't do much about that. Some people will give anyone a hard time about anything.

But... If you're depressed, see a doctor. Depression, especially in teenagers, is often purely biological, and you shouldn't treat it much differently from how you'd treat a nasty cold. It's a biological problem which can make it hard for you to get on with your life.

I guess, one thing that's missing from this is a description of how you think God is responsible for your problems. A lot of the time, God lets us make our own trouble, or make trouble for each other. We're plenty good at it.

Upvote 0

The_White

Jun 5, 2004
Maitland
Visit site
✟8,756.00
Faith
Christian
Yo Touring3D, stop being so harsh on him, he came here for help not to be told that he is stupid. A lot of what you said I agree with, just not the tone it came through in.
CaDan your post is cool :D

outcast, I have been through a lot of that stuff myself but at the Time I didn't have a lot of help, no CF to ask, I didn't even believe in God at the time etc etc etc.
Lemme just pull out one of my little storys that I think might help.

A girl was walking along a beach and she seemed to be all alone however streaching out behind her were two sets of footprints next to each other. All along the beach there were two trails behind, exept in a few places. When the girl looked back she realised, the second set of footprints were of God, walking next to her, her whole life. When she saw the part where there were only one set she realised also that these were the points when she had had troubles in her life. She sat down on the sand then and wept, because God had forsaken her at all the hard points in life, in fact she asked God this.
"God why did you leave me? Why were you not there at every hard point in my life?"
God responded
"My child, look again, look closely."
She did, and noticed that her footprints in the hard times were different to her others.
God said
"You see dear child, during those time I did not leave you, I was there. I was carrying you"

Ya see, although it doesn't feel like it sometimes God is there and is usually fairly subtle about it. You won't get slped in the face but something will come up. This last weekend I have been feeling that noone cares but everytime I went to bed a switched on the radio I got a part of a song that wasn't a Christian song but had a messege there. Eventually the message got through to me. God loves us even if it doesn't always seem that way.

Upvote 0
T

thejesusfish90

Mate, I can sooo relate to what you are going through....but mate god uses these really bad, periods of our life to refine us into a better person...God most certainly does not hate you, in fact god loves you more than you'll ever know...isn't this underlined by the fact that he sent jesus to die for you, why would god laugh at you?...No mate as far as i can see god is working in you...he is moulding you. refining you, so that when you come out of this period of suffering you'll be so much more stronger in your faith in jesus, you will be so much more closer to god, and you will be filled with such a passion for him...How do I know, cuz i went through heaps of suffering like you mate...but when you come out of it, and it may take a while i'll be honest, you'll thank yourself and more so god that he put you through it....It will seem unreasonable that god put you through whatever your goinbg through now at the moment, but when you look back once you come out of it, you'll be glad he did it...trust me mate, i know...You dont jave any friends you say...well neither do i...but I dont really care about it, which probably isn't good for my emotional and relational well being....;)...but just pray on it....remember the bible verse that goes as such always and never forget it....:"In all things god works for the good of those who love him"....You might not think that he is working for your good...but then again god is gos, hes the one who knows whats best for you....If you get the chance read the book of Job...see how he trusted god implicitly even though god put him through some terrible stuff...

Am praying for you mate, as you should be too...

Your brother in Christ

Chris

Reactions: Evee
Upvote 0

The_White

Jun 5, 2004
Maitland
Visit site
✟8,756.00
Faith
Christian
Just a thought as well from what fish said.
Maybe you need to change something in your thinking? we will not change if there is no reason to ie if everything is going OK why change, something might go wrong. BUT when something does go wrong it forces us to think about why it went wrong, a challenge if you like. Also God will never put us up against stuuf that we can't handle with his help. Trust God, I think if you manage to get through this it could make you very well equiped to talk to others about your faith

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheMainException

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2004
In my universe
✟19,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
No, no...you see...I've been dealing with much of the same things you have...god does love you, but as humans, we live in a world that is owned by Satan. If you keep going, I can't promise that things will get better, but if you strive towards heaven, you will (1) save others, and (2) get a great big reward worth somethin' a lot better than anything this earth can give you. Don't cut out now...wait, God's got something great for you.

Upvote 0

crossrunner

Serving the Lord joyfully since 1981!
Aug 8, 2004
Raleigh, North Carolina
✟24,117.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
LAWise520 said:
No, no...you see...I've been dealing with much of the same things you have...god does love you, but as humans, we live in a world that is owned by Satan. If you keep going, I can't promise that things will get better, but if you strive towards heaven, you will (1) save others, and (2) get a great big reward worth somethin' a lot better than anything this earth can give you. Don't cut out now...wait, God's got something great for you.
Good advice except that God does the saving. We don't.
God bless
CR

Upvote 0

Krazeekkc

Irregular Nonconformist
Oct 2, 2003
Oregon, USA
Visit site
✟8,991.00
Faith
Non-Denom
~theoutcast~ said:
god is laughing at me and I know it. this almighty powerful being that could make things for me better in an instant if he wanted to but decides to let me suffer. I have a question. why should I continue to be a christian if god is this cold? thanx
I think you've got God and Satan confused right there. Satan is the one laughing because he knows that he has one more soul that God doesn't. God is right there waiting for you to come to Him and TRUST Him. :hug: God loves you rather if you want to believe that or not. He wil always love you and be waiting for you.

:wave: I would like to invite you to my yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/info_about_Christianity/?yguid=187641219
You could always come there and we could talk freely more about this or anything. :wave:

Upvote 0

Krazeekkc

Irregular Nonconformist
Oct 2, 2003
Oregon, USA
Visit site
✟8,991.00
Faith
Non-Denom
~theoutcast~ said:
I'm still kinda a Christian but I'm so close to not believing in god anymore. my life is falling apart before my eyes. they are so many things wrong. I'm close to hating god. I have no friends, I'm becoming gothic (is that wrong?), I can't loose weight, I have depression, god is laughing at me and I know it. this almighty powerful being that could make things for me better in an instant if he wanted to but decides to let me suffer. I have a question. why should I continue to be a christian if god is this cold? thanx

: : BARBER SHOP CONVERSATION

The Bible says to have an answer for

why you believe to those who ask you.

This is a good example of an answer to one of the most common reasons

people give for ignoring God and His goodness.

A man went to a barber shop to have his hair and his beard cut as always.

He began to have a good conversation with the barber who attended him.

They talked about so many things and various subjects.

Suddenly, they touched on he subject of God.

The barber said:"Look man, I don't believe that God exists."

"Why do you say that?" asked the customer.

Well, it's so easy, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God does not exist.

Oh, tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people?

Would there be abandoned children? If God exists, there would be no suffering nor pain.

I can't think of loving a God who permits all of these things."

The customer thought for a moment, but he didn't respond because he did not want to start an argument.

The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop.

Just after he left the barber shop, he saw a man in the street with long hair and a beard.

It was very long, and a long time since he had his hair cut.

He looked dirty and unkempt.

The customer entered the barber shop again and he said to the barber: "You know what?

Barbers do not exist."

"How can you say they don't exist?" asked the surprised barber.

" I am here and I am a barber. Why I just worked on you!"

"No!" the customer exclaimed.

"Barbers don't exist, because if they did there would be no people with long hair and beard like that man who is outside."
"Ah, barbers exist, what happens is that people do not come to me."

"Exactly!"- affirmed the customer. "That's the point! God does exist.

What happens is people don't go to Him and do not look for Him.

That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Connie_33

Jul 20, 2004
Minnesota
✟7,652.00
Faith
Lutheran
Hi,

I want you to know that I know what you are going through. I think a lot of people do. My advice is to read the psalms. Many of them are David crying out to God and asking "Where are you? Why don't you deliver me? etc." Another thing I would like to encourage you to do is confess how you are feeling to God. In Psalm 139 it states that "before a word is on my tongue, you know it". In other words, God already knows how you feel, so you need to tell Him. I strongly recommend you do this with humility. (Read Job) Confess that you feel this way, tell Him, then ask Him to show you how much He loves you. (Read the book of John; get into God's word) He does you know. He LOVES you. I will be praying for you.
Nancy
BTW: He loves you unconditionally. That means He loves you right now. He loves you when you mess up. He loves you when you feel like you hate Him. He loves you in spite of everything.
"God is Love" To find out what love is read I Corinthians 13. Also look at Jesus. That is what Love is.
:prayer:

Upvote 0

Dae911

Aug 29, 2004
New york
✟218.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I cant speak as if ii know your exact problems. am not you, however like you i am 16. i have suffered from the very things you mention. I was hospitilized for 2 day for it, i found i didnt belong there. I know how it hurts to have depression, and to feel like you are losing everything, but dont let hinder your relationship with God. I just came close with God tonight, but i already know he isnt laughing at you. t hurts i know. Ive been through it. I have suicide attempts and everything, but trust me when i say it will get better. I reached the lowest pont of my life before it started getting better. Speaking as a 16 year old i know that we have things going on in our lives that adults dont always understand though they say they do. Dont give up hope. Ill pray for you.:crosself:

In the Love of Christ,
Dae

Upvote 0

Reepicheep

Jul 21, 2004
Canada
✟8,024.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-Conservatives
~theoutcast~, GOD LOVES YOU MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW! He is not laughing at you; he is suffering with you. Jesus prooved it when he came down to Earth to DIE on the CROSS; he was tormented, laughed out, humiliated in front of many, many people. He could have called a thousand angels to die for him, but no, he chose to die himself. How are you so sure he is laughing at you? Pray to him; P.U.S.H- Pray until something happens! When the lights turn dim, all ya' gotta' do is ask him to be with you and help you. I assure you, someday, you will be laughing again with God, not about you, ut about how beautiful the world is. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Monica02

Senior Veteran
Aug 17, 2004
✟3,547.00
Faith
Catholic
~theoutcast~ said:
God does not laugh at you, he loves you. I think the black clothes and makeup of the gothic look will only depress you. Why don't you do some charity work and help others-this might make you feel better.

Here is The Prayer of St. Francis

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where ther is darkness,light;
where there is sadness; joy.
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console:
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Amen

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.