Why Genesis Matters - Dr. Jason Lisle

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Biblical authority is important, and young earth creationism is undermining it unintentionally. Too many people know that YEC is highly unscientific, so since they've been told it is what the Bible teaches they reject the Bible.
So true! 2 of my 3 children, who are in their 20's, consider themselves atheist due to the false teachings of YEC.

Reactions: dougangel
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
So true! 2 of my 3 children, who are in their 20's, consider themselves atheist due to the false teachings of YEC.
I believe that is the point of it--to drive from faith in Christ all those who will not become Fundamentalist Protestants.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

hint: YEC does not teach "Be atheist" -- it teaches that God's Word is true and that leaves junk-science blind-faith evolutionism in a bad spot.

Evolutionism's wild myth that "an amoeba will sure enough turn into a rabbit over time given a talented enough amoeba and a long and talented enough length of time filled with just-so-stories (that are easy enough to tell but are not science) trailing all the way to the summit of mt. Improbable" is not science, is not compelling is not worth exchanging for the Bible.

Your own bible-Urantia is much more inline with junk-science evolutionism than the Bible which is the Word of God.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
hint: YEC does not teach "Be atheist" -- it teaches that God's Word is true and that leaves junk-science blind-faith evolutionism in a bad spot.

Evolutionism's wild myth that "an amoeba will sure enough turn into a rabbit over time given a talented enough amoeba and a long and talented enough length of time filled with just-so-stories (that are easy enough to tell but are not science) trailing all the way to the summit of mt. Improbable" is not science, is not compelling is not worth exchanging for the Bible.

Your own bible-Urantia is much more inline with junk-science evolutionism than the Bible which is the Word of God.
You are ignorant of science. You should take the cotton out of your ears and take off the blinders, read some real science about Gods creation via evolution.

The Word of God is Living, the Bible is the written word of man speculating about the doings of the Living Word of God.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'm a Christin and know evolution is a fact.

Anyone that says the things you say about the Bible - most certainly can then add to it "evolution is fact" after all your own bible - the book "Urantia" teaches it.

But is that Christian???

You don't seem to hear anything outside of your own beliefs.

Who else do you know that stomps on the Bible the way you do and trades it in for the book Urantia - on this forum?

Nobody?

Then why would you ever think to insert "outside of your own beliefs" into your post directed to me??? that makes no sense.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Anyone that says the things you say about the Bible - most certainly can then add to it "evolution is fact" after all your own bible - the book "Urantia" teaches it.

But is that Christian???

Who else do you know that stomps on the Bible the way you do and trades it in for the book Urantia - on this forum?

Nobody?

Then why would you ever think to insert "outside of your own beliefs" into your post directed to me??? that makes no sense.
You seem to live in a small world. There are plenty of Christians on this forum who realize that life evolved in Gods plan. Evolution is a field of study quite apart from the UB. The Bible isn't one book, its a collection of books, some more accurate than others. I just point out what I don't believe.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Perhaps you should ask them why they are atheist. I would venture to say science has led them away. After all science says Genesis isn't true and science says Jesus didn't raise from the dead on day 3.

...but, then again we all know evolutionism isn't very factual.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps you should ask them why they are atheist. I would venture to say science has led them away. After all science says Genesis isn't true and science says Jesus didn't raise from the dead on day 3.

...but, then again we all know evolutionism isn't very factual.
They realize some things in the Bible aren't true and they hated Sunday school where goofy things were taught. Evolution is a fact, the proof is in the archeological record.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Then read your Bible. YEC= the young earth creation story created by the Hebrew writers. Noah is also an invention if the priest class who were attempting to trace their blood line back to Adam for the sake of racial pride. There are a number of genocides in the Bible, in one case the little vergin girls were spared fòr the solders.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then read your Bible. YEC= the young earth creation story created by the Hebrew writers. Noah is also an invention if the priest class who were attempting to trace their blood line back to Adam for the sake of racial pride. There are a number of genocides in the Bible, in one case the little vergin girls were spared fòr the solders.

Yeah, I'm sure it happened that way.
NEXT

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Then read your Bible. YEC= the young earth creation story created by the Hebrew writers. Noah is also an invention if the priest class who were attempting to trace their blood line back to Adam for the sake of racial pride.

We get that from atheists all the time -- and then... we introduce them to the Gospel and the fact that the Bible is the Word of God - and not the strange myths of mankind like the book of Urantia.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
We get that from atheists all the time -- and then... we introduce them to the Gospel and the fact that the Bible is the Word of God - and not the strange myths of mankind like the book of Urantia.
It's true that Atheist cite their belief in evolution as an explanation as to why they don't belive in YEC. Technically you are both wrong

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is a lot of good science to back up a young earth, you just have to look into it, but I've noticed that the indoctrination process that happens in public schools makes it so hard, for some it's close to impossible to accept a young earth, they'll fight against it because it goes against everything they've been taught since being a toddler.

But there is no good support for a young earth.
Compare it to real Christian Tenets for support.

10 Tenets of Biblical Christianity

All young earth years-counted support is "off-scripture."

Upvote 0