United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
http://www.statisticbrain.com/voting-statistics/

It seems that those who are less likely to vote are largely younger, undereducated, lower income folks. Shouldn't their status compel them even more to vote for their own interests, i.e. minimum wage, greater educational (job) opportunities, etc.?

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟883,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

It seems that those who are less likely to vote are largely younger, undereducated, lower income folks. Shouldn't their status compel them even more to vote for their own interests, i.e. minimum wage, greater educational (job) opportunities, etc.?
They may not vote for any number of reasons. I am in that group and I do in fact vote, however, in some cases they do not care. In addition they tend to move around much more which means that their registeration may lapse and the ballots for NOT being at your poll station take are clearly not as easy to get as going. They may forget to register or they may simply feel that their vote does not matter. In some cases they may just be "scared" to vote.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟280,829.00
Faith
Atheist

None of the realistic candidates in the primary elections represent the interests of the poor (or even the working man, for that matter).

I've only voted for the lesser of two evils, not for a candidate that i support.

Reactions: aieyiamfu
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟883,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
None of the realistic candidates in the primary elections represent the interests of the poor (or even the working man, for that matter).

I've only voted for the lesser of two evils, not for a candidate that i support.
Still though, if you do not vote you have NO say or right to complain about who ends up in office.

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
They may not vote for any number of reasons. I am in that group and I do in fact vote, however, in some cases they do not care. In addition they tend to move around much more which means that their registeration may lapse and the ballots for NOT being at your poll station take are clearly not as easy to get as going. They may forget to register or they may simply feel that their vote does not matter. In some cases they may just be "scared" to vote.

Voting is largely an exercise in futility, I voted in every election from the time I turned 18 until 2011 a total of 20 years. In every Presidential election I voted for a candidate that was far inferior to my ideal candidate and who was the closest fit to my ideals at that time, but never for a candidate who truly represented me. I understand no candidate is ideal, and I would be willing to vote if someone came close, but the voting for the lesser of two evils rather than maybe the better of two fair candidates is ridiculous. Local elections and state elections are also becoming largely futile as the stick and carrot methods of the federal government are in so many cases bending states and and local municipalities to their will. And yet another factor in not voting is the rampant voter fraud from the top down that makes meaningful elections virtually a moot point. I don't know if i meet the demographic of the op, my income is in the 70k-120k range, I am 42, and I am a few credits shy of a B.S.

“When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law.”
Frédéric Bastiat, The Law

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟883,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Voting is largely an exercise in futility, I voted in every election from the time I turned 18 until 2011 a total of 20 years. In every Presidential election I voted for a candidate that was far inferior to my ideal candidate and who was the closest fit to my ideals at that time, but never for a candidate who truly represented me. I understand no candidate is ideal, and I would be willing to vote if someone came close, but the voting for the lesser of two evils rather than maybe the better of two fair candidates is ridiculous. Local elections and state elections are also becoming largely futile as the stick and carrot methods of the federal government are in so many cases bending states and and local municipalities to their will. And yet another factor in not voting is the rampant voter fraud from the top down that makes meaningful elections virtually a moot point. I don't know if i meet the demographic of the op, my income is in the 70k-120k range, I am 42, and I am a few credits shy of a B.S.

“When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law.”
Frédéric Bastiat, The Law
Well, I would think ( only 24 here) that really there is no such thing as the perfect person for office, so if people are looking to vote for the person who fits them ideally hardly ANYONE would vote.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, I would think ( only 24 here) that really there is no such thing as the perfect person for office, so if people are looking to vote for the person who fits them ideally hardly ANYONE would vote.

Unless another 'rock star' like Obama comes along.

Upvote 0