Why don't creationists get together and start their own town, or their own state?

Scienceman123

Apr 16, 2008
✟15,168.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I never left this thread --- I'll be more than happy to rebut it.

When a religious person walks into an abortion clinic to have her "fetus" aborted; that's using scientific jargon, and she's bowing to the goddess of atheistic science - (Mother Nature).

I don't know of any woman who would go into an abortion clinic and ask to have her son or daughter murdered --- and if she did --- it would be in spite of the Bible, not in respect to It.

I. CAN'T. STOP. LAUGHING.

And also, religion never advocates child-murder, right?
Deuteronomy 21:18-21

Oops!

Also, what part of "atheism" do you fail to understand? NO GOD. No worship of "Mother Nature", or evolution, or Darwin, or Dawkins, or PZ Myers, or anything else. You have been told this repeatedly. Stop it.

Upvote 0
T

tanzanos

Why not take over an existing state? every creationist could move to say, Louisiana,
imagine, a whole state dedicated to creationism, it must be worth looking at?

Ahh! But they do; it's called the Bible belt! only problem is that they get pummeled by God with tornadoes, hailstorms, hurricanes, and drought. They must be doing something wrong to [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth] off the boss!

Anyway give global warming enough time and most of it will be inundated by rising sea levels. What irony that the believers of the great deluge are doomed to perish in one.:amen:

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I. CAN'T. STOP. LAUGHING.

And also, religion never advocates child-murder, right?
Deuteronomy 21:18-21

Oops!

Also, what part of "atheism" do you fail to understand? NO GOD. No worship of "Mother Nature", or evolution, or Darwin, or Dawkins, or PZ Myers, or anything else. You have been told this repeatedly. Stop it.
Okie-doke there, Junior Member, if you want me to take you seriously, you have a lot of reading to do. I gotta lotta posts though.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ahh! But they do; it's called the Bible belt! only problem is that they get pummeled by God with tornadoes, hailstorms, hurricanes, and drought.
That's actually not a "problem" per se, it's a Biblical principle in action. You see, judgment from God starts with His children first.
1 Peter 4:17 said:
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In my country we call that "child abuse":preach:
Well --- like the preacher said last night --- we turned our back on Europe over 200 years ago and declared our independence from England; and God richly blessed us for it. I hope it stays that way.

Upvote 0
Ahh! But they do; it's called the Bible belt! only problem is that they get pummeled by God with tornadoes, hailstorms, hurricanes, and drought. They must be doing something wrong to [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth] off the boss!

Anyway give global warming enough time and most of it will be inundated by rising sea levels. What irony that the believers of the great deluge are doomed to perish in one.:amen:

The bible belt, that's where they have more religion than brains, it's in the land of the free,
you will be OK providing you don't try to be free, you must conform, or you could die.

Take a look at this video, it was part of a UK TV programme, made by the three presenters of the show,
they think they are in a civilised country, a Christian country, but they're not, they're in the USA.
http://www.funny-videos.co.uk/videotopgearredneckvideo.html

Upvote 0

MasterOfKrikkit

Feb 1, 2008
USA
✟16,435.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AintNoMonkey

Jan 24, 2008
Midwest US
✟16,426.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The bible belt, that's where they have more religion than brains
Have you ever been to the bible belt? I live there, and I can tell you that 99% of the people here have more brains than you do. Yes, that 1% make it kind of tough on the rest of us, but if it weren't for them and you, the rest of us wouldn't be able to appreciate our own intelligence as much, would we?

it's in the land of the free
you will be OK providing you don't try to be free, you must conform, or you could die.
What does this even mean? What a load of nonsense.

Take a look at this video
I'm an avid fan of that show, and have seen this before. If you know anything about these guys, you know they incited the event. It's pretty obvious from the video that they did. They were in the deep south, intent on finding the most backwoods place possible and [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth]ing off the residents. So don't try to compare americans to the people in that video. We are not like that, and any intelligent person knows this.

Upvote 0

atomweaver

Nov 3, 2006
"Flat Raccoon", Connecticut
✟10,391.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
I never left this thread --- I'll be more than happy to rebut it.

When a religious person walks into an abortion clinic to have her "fetus" aborted; that's using scientific jargon, and she's bowing to the goddess of atheistic science - (Mother Nature).

I don't know of any woman who would go into an abortion clinic and ask to have her son or daughter murdered --- and if she did --- it would be in spite of the Bible, not in respect to It.

You can shorten up that reply in the future AVVET. Just post the following; "Insert 'No True Christian' Argument Here"

That way, you'll bump your post-count faster (from your recent fixation on post-count, its apparently important to you), and we'll know straight off that you hold to a tired, re-hashed, fallacious argument. Its a win-win...

Upvote 0
Have you ever been to the bible belt? I live there, and I can tell you that 99% of the people here have more brains than you do.
They were in the deep south, intent on finding the most backwoods place possible. So don't try to compare americans to the people in that video. We are not like that, and any intelligent person knows this.

If that IS the case, can you please tell me why more than 75% of the American people
thought Saddam Hussein was responsible for 9/11?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A32862-2003Sep5?language=printer

And more than five years later, nearly half of the American public still believed Saddam Hussein was connected to the attack.
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1622015-1,00.html

It would seem that Americans believe what they want to believe, regardless of wether it's true or not,
the bible belt being proof of that, the people there believe in magic.

Upvote 0

AintNoMonkey

Jan 24, 2008
Midwest US
✟16,426.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If that IS the case, can you please tell me why [snip]

I can't. But I highly doubt those numbers, as I'm unaware of anybody with whom I have regular contact who believes this to be true. Remember that political statistics that newspapers like to use probably aren't hugely reliable. But then, maybe you're one of those people who falls into the category of 'I read a stat---that settles it.'

We know that statistics can be used to convince anybody of anything. Maybe you're falling victim to this now.

Anyhow, I'm really not sure you answered my question, or what this has to do with my post.

It would seem that Americans believe what they want to believe, regardless of wether it's true or not,
the bible belt being proof of that, the people there believe in magic.
:doh:
Catigorizing 300 million people with a widely general statement! It's too bad you're on the wrong side. The cretards would love you.

Reactions: atomweaver
Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The bible belt, that's where they have more religion than brains, it's in the land of the free,

Take a look at this video, it was part of a UK TV programme, made by the three presenters of the show,
they think they are in a civilised country, a Christian country, but they're not, they're in the USA.
http://www.funny-videos.co.uk/videotopgearredneckvideo.html

LOL!

"They've shot their own sign... what are they going to do to us?" ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

atomweaver

Nov 3, 2006
"Flat Raccoon", Connecticut
✟10,391.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
I can't. But I highly doubt those numbers, as I'm unaware of anybody with whom I have regular contact who believes this to be true. Remember that political statistics that newspapers like to use probably aren't hugely reliable.

Reps to you. I think its important to keep in mind that nearly all US polls are answered by those who have the ability to answer their home phone in the middle of the day, and enjoy sharing their views with said strangers who call them. Poll-answerers as a group seem to be most likely a combination of 3rd shift workers, stay-at-home workers and child-raisers, and the unemployed (but I haven't polled anyone to confirm this ;))

Its tough to not think that every poll is biased from the off, because of their data collection methods. But IMO, 'normal working people' are almost certainly under-represented by the very nature of polling itself.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,916.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Why not take over an existing state? every creationist could move to say, Louisiana,
imagine, a whole state dedicated to creationism, it must be worth looking at?
if the state was ALL creationists there would be nothing the rest of America could do,
they could make it virtually impossible for non creationists to even enter the state,
creationist state police, creationist governor, creationist everything,
(and look at the wonderful people they would have to lead them, Ken Ham or Kent Hovind to name but two,)
ban television and radio,(other than their own) and the outside world would be gone forever,
they could cut themselves off from the rest of evil America, (like the Mormons did)
they could then live out their fantasy to their hearts content, have their own schools,
live their lives as their God would have wanted, teach whatever they wanted their children to believe,
their children would never need to see or hear about evolution, ever, they could even print their own books,
(on an old Caxton press if they liked) they could stop evolution in it's tracks.

No more arguing with the devil worshipers, they would be able to see for themselves how wonderful creationism is,
Louisiana (or whichever the lucky state was) could be a beacon for the rest of the world,
surly it could not get much better that that, a place dedicated to showing the world the truth.

Then they could show the government they were wrong to ban the teaching of creationism in schools,
they could show the rest of the world the right way to teach children, the only way, the true way.

If I was a creationist I would be the first to sign up for it, I would be the first in the queue.

Why don't you all go for it, you know it makes sense.

We're not here to your will but our Father's. ... :p Therefore we must mingle with you muwaahaahaaa :ebil:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0