1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2. Please check out our two newest forums, the "Buy, Sell or Trade" (link ) forum in the Society Category, and the "Conspiracy Theories" (link) forum in our Discussion and Debate Category.

Why don't creationists get together and start their own town, or their own state?

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by consol, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Vene

Vene In memory of ChordatesLegacy

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Atheist
    *adds abortion to list of gods atheists supposedly worship*

Molal likes this.
  2. atomweaver

atomweaver Senior Member

Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Agnostic
    From your link;

In light of this, how do you sanely arrive at the conclusion that all of these are attributable to atheism (as you put it, consol's "side")? Seems more likely that your "side" simply cannot control itself, and keep to the tenets of your religion. This is not a fault of government policy...
    [/FONT]

AintNoMonkey likes this.
  3. atomweaver

atomweaver Senior Member

Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Agnostic

I was looking for a document ratified by the Senate which supports this position. All I came up with was this;

Signed by that great Creationist, John Adams, and drafted in Senate under the watchful eye of that other well-known Creationist, Thomas Jefferson.

4. RobertByers

RobertByers Regular Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    Amen. The cov't formed after the revolution was not based on religion. however the people and the country from the beginning was formed entirely on a religious Christian Protestant (creationist) foundation and practice.
    The practical gov't is seperate from the essence and soul of the people.
    America is in spirit and intellect a Puritan/Evangelical Protestant English civilization.
    Creationism is as american as apple pie, christmas morning, and the fouth of july.
    The vast majority of colonists and later Americans were creationists of one type or another.
    It is unique in its Christian heritage in all society compared to the rest of the world.
    Thats why laws must be made to censor creationism where it is so censored. otherwise the people by way of the legislature would vote it into the classroom before sundown.

5. consol

consol New Member

Faith:
    Atheist
    You seem to have a very low opinion of the American people, but I suspect they are not as stupid as you make out,
    you would like them to be, but they are not, thankfully there are sufficient numbers blocking the stupid from doing damage to a great country,
    and they are determined not to let it fall into the hands of indoctrinated nutters.

PS. How would you feel if Iran were to get nuclear weapons? imagine religious fanatics with nuclear weapons,
    imagine American religious fanatics with nuclear weapons, Gods wonderful world could be destroyed,
    and all in the name of crack-pot brain-numbing religions.

And it wasn't the ENGLISH who colonized America, the majority were the displaced people of the UK who went to America,
    the Scots, the Irish and the Welsh, very few English.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  6. Cabal

Cabal New Member

Marital Status:
    Engaged
    Politics:
    UK-Liberal-Democrats
    Faith:
    Atheist
    Really, what is with this obsession with Puritanism? I am sure as hell glad the religious climate of today's UK is nothing like that of Britain in the 1660s. I like walking around without being blown up by Catholics, thank you very much.

Again, and? The Puritans which you speak so fondly of also thought any enjoyment was sinful and had a slight fetish for witch-burning. Also, living pre-ToE and pre-enlightenment really renders this an irrelevant statement.

Er, no, that would be because it fails at being scientific and therefore obviously doesn't belong in a science classroom. You're under the impression that without these vague "censorship laws" creationism would otherwise be taught - well, guess what, creationism doesn't need additional laws to keep it out of the science classroom, it does a fine job of that all by itself.

7. Psudopod

Psudopod Godspeed, Spacebat

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Faith:
    Other-Religion
    What, the American public is that ignorant that they would vote in non-scientific mystism in place of science? Mystism that they are desperate to aim at children because anyone with an education tends to see right through it? I dunno, maybe it's because I've never been to America, but I gave (most of ) you guys more credit.

8. atomweaver

atomweaver Senior Member

Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Agnostic
    If that were actually true, then the US would have "in itself [a] character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen" (Muslims), when in truth, the exact opposite was quoted in the Treaty of Tripoli...

America is a big place, Bob. But apparently, the brush you paint it with is bigger...

So is Evolution, except that it contributes several million more jobs, and billions more in GDP to the nation...

Duh. They were 18th century Europeans... was there any choice other than creationism at that time?

Elaborate, please. You sound like you are saying the US is the only nation populated with Christians...

To re-state what another poster said, Creationism censors itself from scientific discussions, because Creationism is not scientific. Don't blame the government for Creationism's lack of scientific rigor, blame your fellow creationists...

9. Split Rock

Split Rock Conflation of Blathers

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Agnostic
    I think it is tied in with the Creationist delusion that things in the past were better, we are living in a "Fallen" world that is geting worse, and that the "End Times" are near and they are going to get "Raptured" shortly.

10. consol

consol New Member

Faith:
    Atheist
    Another way of looking at it could be that Americans are obsessed with "How the was was won",
    they look back with rose coloured spectacles to a time that never really existed,
    when strong men and women struggled against all of the odds to conquer the frontier and push back the wilderness,
    God fearing people who were determined to win at all costs, and did, they built a country to be proud of.

That might have happened in a few cases, but the majority of people had been living in circumstances much worse
    than they found when they started out in America, they came from the slums and countrysides where their prospects were zero,
    people who had a good life did not emigrate to America, they emigrated as a last resort, in a lot of cases just to stay alive,
    and not one of them emigrated to make their lives harder, they all went to try and make a better life than they had,
    they went on a wing and a prayer with their Gods by their side, they were all in a strange land so they all pulled together,
    they were mostly of peasant stock and were mostly superstitious, and most all of them had been brought up to believe
    in some religion or other, and some were there just to take advantage of the others.

That's not to say they didn't work hard when they got there, but working to build something is much more rewarding than working
    just to survive.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king, and the few who were smart took advantage of those who were not,
    and if there's one thing guaranteed to bring wealth and adulation? it's if you start your own religion, or branch away from another.

11. AintNoMonkey

AintNoMonkey Regular Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Rebuttal, AV? Or are you too scared to come back to this thread?

12. Danyc

Danyc Senior Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Humanist
    He won't reply.

Simply further proof that Creationsist are consistently more dishonest than the others here.

13. AintNoMonkey

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    I know. It was rhetorical. (much like everything AV says)

14. AV1611VET

AV1611VET SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE Supporter

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Baptist
    I never left this thread --- I'll be more than happy to rebut it.

When a religious person walks into an abortion clinic to have her "fetus" aborted; that's using scientific jargon, and she's bowing to the goddess of atheistic science - (Mother Nature).

I don't know of any woman who would go into an abortion clinic and ask to have her son or daughter murdered --- and if she did --- it would be in spite of the Bible, not in respect to It.

15. AintNoMonkey

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Haha, oh, AV, maybe you should have just stayed gone.

16. MasterOfKrikkit

MasterOfKrikkit Regular Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Methodist
    Thanks for reminding me -- it must be time to re-bump that thread where you fail to justify this claim. Remember? I even played in your realm and you couldn't/wouldn't explain how to make sense of various Scriptures in the light of this absurd "atheist = nature worshiper" idea. So since MrGB and I have kept asking and you've kept failing to front up, forgive us if we don't buy this latest gem that relies on an unproven (and pretty well disproven) statement.

17. MrGoodBytes

MrGoodBytes KILLFRENZY KILLFRENZY KILLFRENZY

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Seeker
    A Christian who is having an abortion subconciously "worships" - how that would work is beyond me - the "goddess" of a group of people whose only common characteristic is having no belief in godesses. Well, yeah.

So you say. Apparently, quite a lot of your fellow believers beg to differ.

18. MrGoodBytes

MrGoodBytes KILLFRENZY KILLFRENZY KILLFRENZY

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Seeker
    Seconded. Your turn, AV.

19. AV1611VET

AV1611VET SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE Supporter

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Baptist
    One of these days someone is going to say something intelligent to me, and I'm gonna go totally 404.

20. AintNoMonkey

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Edited for truth.