Why don't christians celebrate Passover?

crossrunner

Serving the Lord joyfully since 1981!
Aug 8, 2004
Raleigh, North Carolina
✟24,117.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I actually do observe the significance of it. My teacher assistant is Jewish and has taught me a great deal about passover. I think its a great holy day. I have never been part of a sedar....although I would love to be.

Upvote 0

Rafael

Only time enough for love
Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We do celecbrate passover as communion, as the fullness of the passover is the blood of the lamb applied to our lives. Instead of the blood of the lamb being painted across the posts and lintel of the doorways, the blood covers our sins and God sees the blood of lamb instead of our sins. This is fullness of the Jewish passover in Jesus - the promised Messiah.

Luke 22:15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:
16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.
17 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves:
18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.
19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
raphe said:
We do celecbrate passover as communion, as the fullness of the passover is the blood of the lamb applied to our lives. Instead of the blood of the lamb being painted across the posts and lintel of the doorways, the blood covers our sins and God sees the blood of lamb instead of our sins. This is fullness of the Jewish passover in Jesus - the promised Messiah.

Luke 22:15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:
16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.
17 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves:
18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.
19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

Why no sedar?

Upvote 0

Asar'el

Jun 3, 2004
Christchurch, NZ
✟2,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
AirPo said:
Why is Passover only for OT Jews? Is there something about it that is not christain?
The OT passover was a figure of the sacrifice of Christ, the Lamb of God. Those that observe it in the manner of the OT could be said to diminish from (i.e. miss the significance of) the true Passover secured by the blood of Christ. I can't quite see how the old and new could be held together...

Upvote 0

Tavita

beside quiet waters He restores my soul..
Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
AirPo said:
Why is Passover only for OT Jews? Is there something about it that is not christain?
There's nothing wrong with celebrating Passover as long as Jesus and His shed blood is the central focus. Most seders don't emphasise the Messiah, Jesus, enough, even though Messiah is in there, the focus is mostly on the Exodus account. And you'll find the majority of seders are written by Jews who don't believe that Messiah has already come.
As Raphe pointed out, most christians believe that the passover has been translated or brought into the New Testament as communion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums