The Carpathian Garden
✟15,670.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hello there. I have a question here. Why would God permit a religion like Islam to exist? Christ is the fullness of the truth, so we believe, Christ is God, but why would He permit a religion like Islam to develop 6 centuries after His death, growing so fast that no one can stop it and giving people such a big and huge faith that can lead to extremism sometimes, when someone sees the passion muslims follow their religion someone could think they have it right, after all, why would God let them exist and worship a false God with such fervor?

Muslims said that people twisted Jesus's message and so God let the archangel Gabriel to come again to leave another Holy Book, one that contains the truth about it all and to guide people to the monotheism and to the true God of Abraham.

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟426,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Where does the idea that Muslims have this great (in the sense of enormity), strong faith come from? Because they're willing to kill people to impose it upon the world? Since when is that the sign of a strong faith? It's wickedness and desperation, if it's anything.

Islam is of the devil. You could just as well ask why God lets any bad thing happen. But if you read the earliest apologetics written by Christians dealing with Islam, mostly by Syriac authors (but some in Greek, Armenian, Coptic, Arabic, etc. too), you see they're mixed with a lot of apocalyptic tones, and mostly conclude that Christians brought this upon themselves due to their various sins and laxity. When you look at the state of the Christian faith overall (so, not just Orthodoxy and not just in places like Romania, where it is normative to be Orthodox), you might be able to understand why they would think that. Christianity decreases, many people fall away, and that vacuum does not just stay there. Other things move in. Bad things. It happened in the 7th century among a people for whom Christianity was known, but in large part not the chosen faith, and it is happening again now in very similar circumstances. There is truly nothing new under the sun.

Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello there. I have a question here. Why would God permit a religion like Islam to exist? Christ is the fullness of the truth, so we believe, Christ is God, but why would He permit a religion like Islam to develop 6 centuries after His death, growing so fast that no one can stop it and giving people such a big and huge faith that can lead to extremism sometimes, when someone sees the passion muslims follow their religion someone could think they have it right, after all, why would God let them exist and worship a false God with such fervor?

Muslims said that people twisted Jesus's message and so God let the archangel Gabriel to come again to leave another Holy Book, one that contains the truth about it all and to guide people to the monotheism and to the true God of Abraham.

unfortunately it was actually a return to the imperfect ordinances of the old covenant which have officially been annulled by the Son of God, for example the Lord, Jesus, did not stone anyone to death, neither did His disciples stone any person, no one of Them recommended/decreed stoning, but They even said there must be no evil reciprocation

Matthew 5:39 "I say unto you, That ye resist not with evil",

Romans 12:16-21 "Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay, ”says the Lord. On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."

Blessings

Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

God allows heresies to exist until their time is up. The holy scriptures clearly warns against Islam, the apostles have forewarned us of these charlatans:

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.(Gal1.8)

“Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. “You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? “So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. “A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. “Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. “So then, you will know them by their fruits.(Matt 7.15-20)

For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.(Gal 4.22-31)

St. Sophronios of Jerusalem in 635 AD explains that saracens are sent due to our sins and laxity. Muslims can easily be repelled just like how they were driven out of Europe. The same way the jews drove them out of Palestine. The same way they were third world sheepherders and docile and on the brink of extinction before we started buying their oil 90 years ago. St Sophronios explains:

.."A strong and vigorous sceptre to break the pride of the barbarians, and especially the Saracens who, on account of our sins, have now risen up against us unexpectedy and ravage all with cruel and feral design, with impious and godless audacity. More than ever therefore we entreat your holiness to make urgent petitions to Christ so that He receiving these favorable from you, may quickly quell their mad insolence and deliver these vile creatures, as before, to be the footstool of our God-given emperors.

...If we were to live as is dear and pleasing to God, we would rejoice over the fall of the Saracen enemy and observe their near ruin and witness theiur final demise. For their blood loving blade will enter their hearts, their bow will be broken and their arrows will be fixed in them."(Christmas sermon of Sophronios)

"But the present circumstances are forcing me to think differently about our way of life, for why are so many wars being fought amongst us?.. Why are the troops of the Saracens ataacking us?... Why have churches been pulled down" Why is the cross mocked? Why is Christ, who is the dispenser of all good things and the provider of this joyousness of ours, blasphemed among pagan mouths? so that He justly cries out to us, "Becausae of you my name is blasphemed among the pagans", and this is the worst of all terrible things that are happening to us....Yet these vile ones would not have accomplished this nor seized such a degree of power as to do and utter lawlessly all these things, unless we had first insulted the gift of baptism and first defiled the purification, and in this way grieved Christ, the giver of gifts...We are ourselves, in truth, responsible for all these things and no word will be found for our defence...when we have taken all these gifts from Him, befouled them and defiled everything with our vile actions..(holy baptism)

Almost 1400 years later and still sounds familiar does it not???? You can read more here:

Facing Islam Blog: St Sophronius, Patriarch of Jerusalem

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikti
Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟466,025.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
i have looked at Islam before i was Muslim for a while as well
i went to fast into it wearing the hijab and praying 5 times a day even after i left Islam i respect Muslims who dont go about killing people and who are peaceful
Islam has beauty in it just like Christianity has beauty in it there are people like IS that shows evil but that isnt what Islam is about
We need to see Muslims as our friends we are all human no matter what we believe in
I have OCD and it was that that changed my mind i use to struggling with accepting Jesus as the son of God this was my OCD thoughts making me turn away from Jesus

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

We all have free will.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,706.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I know, yes, but why would God let a demon deceive Muhammad into "dictating" the Quran to him? That led millions to damnation...

I don't know why God would allow that, aside from He knows what He is doing and it is for the ultimate salvation of man. why does He allow for 40,000 plus "denominations" of Christianity? again, I dunno.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟426,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
This is why you must know your history, theology, and everything else quite well when dealing with Muslims, like every other people. They will lie to advance their satanic belief, and to bring others to it. Ya rabb urham. You need to be able to expose those lies, or else risk being taken in by them.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I know, yes, but why would God let a demon deceive Muhammad into "dictating" the Quran to him? That led millions to damnation...

Well, there's no reason to conclude that Mohammad was tricked by some demon. He most likely worked most of it out in his own mind. That's what his biography would suggest. He picked up bits and pieces of Judaism and Christianity as he grew, and at some point, he wrapped it all up into a new package, keeping some of the pagan religion of his people as well.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

This goes back, I think, to the larger question of why God lets unfortunate things to happen - and to be consistent, you really can't just speak on Islam. You'd also have to speak on Paganism, Atheism and several systems which have all harmed others in extensive numbers - so we can't keep frustration on one system alone as if it is unique in what it does.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wryetui

IC XC NIKA
Dec 15, 2014
The Carpathian Garden
✟15,670.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
That is a very interesting question, actually. Nikolai Velmirovic asked someone who questioned him: why does the right faith (Orthodoxy in this case) suffered so much througout the history? and he answered: "For everyone to recognize the right faith when they see it, for everyone to see that our Church is the true Church and neither the gates of Hell will destroy it, and for it to remain strong no matter the environment!" and that is true, look at the West of Europe, such a freedom of religion they have and they will end up destroying themselves, the Vatican, the roman-catholic church controled Europe for 1000 years almost and now it's falling apart alone with their crisis of faith, with their scandals (it's not like just they have scandals and crisises, but just to mention) and so many other things, not to mention the protestant split and continous splitting today, the protestants can't even group themselves to remain strong, they are just like solitary arrows flying in the wind, but our Church is a full package of arrows in the back of Christ (what an example, lol). Romania has suffered with our christianity since it began, first because of the roman-catholics and the hungarians, they did atrocities to the Orthodox Church, like considering a "tolerated faith" and giving everyone who converts to catholicism money and lands, and we still survived. Then the Otoman empire, and when we thought we were fine, atheism came. The results? Romania is the most faithful country in Europe and one of the most faithful countries among the world (99% according to Wikipedia, and trust me, it's true), the churches in sunday are completely full, people believe in God and the Church is the most trusted institution in the country, atheism didn't make us suffer, it just helped new Saints to come out and new confessors of faith in the prisons to speak for the faith to the world, atheism didn't win. Christ did, just read about the saints of the prisons and what happened in Romania to christians during the Soviets, you will freak out... Atheism to me is a blindfold, something you willingly put on your eyes and say: "There is no God, there is no devil, there is no judgement, I can do whatever I want, those who say God exists are liars, I have the truth and they are stupid...", but the truth is that it is the most horrendous thing, someone to raise their punch to their Creator, to insult Him, to say He doesn't exist and to say His Word is false, His prophets are liars and the Church is a corrupted bulding run by fools. Look at the patience God has with us...

I was an atheist, but I was only a child (I was an atheist from 13 years to 17) and it was out of ignorance, I didn't read the Bible and I was full of prejudice, but it was then that God gave me faith and let me to the right path, I started reading the Bible and every word it had in it made my faith grow, as every raindrop calms the thirst of the earth after it falls in it, and then I discovered the Bible as being the most beautiful book in this world, and the One behind it, even more. I don't regret being an "atheist", because if God didn't allow me to be an atheist I couldn't have been an orthodox again, I couldn't have fortified my faith like this.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,706.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
"For everyone to recognize the right faith when they see it, for everyone to see that our Church is the true Church and neither the gates of Hell will destroy it, and for it to remain strong no matter the environment!"

this. there was a Romanian Elder who once said that the Church of Christ is always beset on all sides and from within, because this forces the flock to look up.

Upvote 0