Why does God take so long to answer prayers?

Langley

Jan 23, 2007
England
✟15,466.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Posted here a while ago. In a nut shell - getting married in 2 months time and am still looking for a job. Applied for loads and am waiting to hear back for interview etc. The usual job hunting lark.

I have prayed for months about a new job and as the wedding is getting closer the pressure is on to find one.

If God knows i am praying and knows what i need, why does He take so long to answer?

I have had one friend who says i do not have enough faith. That part really hurts when he says that. I have been a Christian for 20 years, i have been through a lot in that time so I know it is NOT lack of faith. I have seen God answer my prayers before.

I am applying for job and not sitting about waiting something to turn up. Even though i am busy i feel i have lost my identity and have no real routine in my day. I guess many of you can understand that.

I fasted a week or so back for 1 day. My fiancee suggested it and it was a good thing to do.

Please will you pray for me, for my sanity and that god answers my prayers really soon.

It is crushing to be out of work and not being able to help as much as i would like in the wedding plans. My fiancee has done so much.

Anyway, please pray

Remny

Prayer Bear
Apr 29, 2002
Vancouver Wa
Visit site
✟8,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Hmm a lack of faith is not being unable to believe God will answer your prayers. That is not where you lack faith. You must believe that God hears your prayers but will do whats best for you, and you must trust him with that even if it is not what you prayed for.

God is not slow, he lives forever, and has been here forever. Our life times are a single season to him, and your 2 months without a job is like a day or less. So on God's time this is just one tiny little moment. Keep praying and he will bring you what is right, keep looking and feel confident you are doing the right thing. It may be that the job you would like most, that is going to help you go your next step hasn't even opened up yet, so you must be patient.

It is great that you believe God will answer your prayers, now trust him when he doesn't and you will have great faith :)

I'm praying you get a job soon, and God puts your mind at ease.

Upvote 0

mnolen82

Christian Soldier
May 18, 2007
Alabama
✟9,160.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Why does God take so long to answer? My pastor just gave a great sermon on prayer a few weeks ago and he discussed "unanswered prayers" and how to have a really great prayer life. These are all scripture based.
So, why is God taking so long to answer your prayers? Perhaps you may find the answer below!
1. Do you truly believe with all of your heart that God will answer your prayers?
2. Are you asking with the wrong motives? When you ask for something in prayer, you should ask yourself first, "Will this glorify God?"
3. Perhaps you have sin in your life that is keeping you from God.
4. Perhaps someone is crying out to you for help and you are not helping them.
5. Perhaps you need to look to the Word, if you haven't already, for the answer to your prayer.
And, finally, maybe it is just not God's timing. You might not understand right now why it is taking so long but God always has your best interests in mind. I hope this helped. I will be praying that the right job comes to you and that you will be strong during this time and be patient for God to answer your prayers. I know it's tough. God bless you!

Upvote 0
I

ilovesleep

He will, He hasn't failed you yet has He?
But perhaps you're doing something wrong. If you can't figure it out, ask God to tell you.
Or he could be testing you, waiting until the last minute.
If all else fails, just go work at a restaurant or something. I think your fiance will appreciate your efforts.
I can't see how this is worth losing your sanity over.

Upvote 0

jimall

May 9, 2011
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
the religious reasons are many yet resonate with lack of compassion or understanding due to not being empathy in nature. Brother it can be bothersome with unanswered prayers but try not to look at it that way and instead do your part and work will come. I have had my own battles and when someone says there is sin in your life remind them that John 1 has the remedy of confession and cleansing from God. This time may be a possible eye opener as to your choice for marriage, but then speculation is unhealthy, best to take a breather, the answer always comes. Rest Child, your times are in his hands Ok, Bro.

Upvote 0

odiear3rd

May 24, 2005
Florida
✟8,967.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
God Bless you for your being anxious for God to open that door for your new job. You have plenty of Faith. Sometimes God will test our Faith and make us wait for His timing in Blessing us. I can understand your feelings. You feel you are not pulling your on weight in the relationship if you don't have a job. Remember, Those who wait upon the Lord will renew their strength. Be Patient and wait on the Lord. Praying with you.

:pray::pray:

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
All in God's perfect way and timing.
He has a plan for you in His Divine Providence for your life; working all for your good.

In the meantime, you are being purified, and strengthened.... as you trust in Him, and work with your loved one to prepare for your life together.

In the end, you will be stronger in body, mind, and spirit, and closer to the Lord and your spouse.

Praying for your strength, hope, and peace....and for the provisions you need as you start your life together.

All will be well .....after 37+ years of marriage, having seen rough times starting out, and now recently my hubby losing his job just 2 years from retiring...I feel for you :hug:

Keep the faith
pray.gif

Upvote 0

sekir

Senior Veteran
Oct 30, 2007
India
✟14,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Praying...yeah I understand as I am waiting on God have been waiting for some breakthroughs in my life-I think this is a time for us to be the faithful and be patient and know that his timing and work is perfect always ...

Lord we come to you asking you for patience and peace=joy in the midst of suffering -only you LOrd can fill our hearts with the joy and peace of Christ we ask this Christ Jesus name
Amen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tealover

Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul.
Feb 16, 2011
✟9,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I will keep you in my daily prayers. God never lets us down. He is always there for us. My daughter has been looking for a job for eight months now and still nothing. I know that very soon God will help her find a job. Please, just keep praying. He is watching over us.

Upvote 0