• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

why does God put desires on our hearts way befor...

george

Veteran
Mar 29, 2002
springfield,ky
Visit site
✟2,406.00
Faith
Non-Denom
...he's ready to open the door or bless us with them. for example. he told abraham way in advance, that he would give him a son. but it took years for it to happen. if God wasn't ready for him to have this, then why didn't he wait till he was going to bless abraham to put the desire on his heart.

this is not just the situation with abraham, but things in general. like for example. if God was calling one to preach or teach, or leave his/her job to do full time mission work. then if he didn't put that desire on their hearts. then why would it still be their. and why hasn't any doors been open?why wouldn't God wait to put that desire on our hearts. when he was about to give it to us?

I've been struggling with some things. and some old desires have come back. I don't quite understand.they always say. that if it ain't from God. it won't sick for long. but if it is. it won't go away. is that true? are we suppose to be doing something in the prosess to be ready for when he dose bless us? has anyone else had theses problems?
(a man that needs answers.)

BOJAX

Vaccinated with a phonograph needle.
May 12, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
✟2,542.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
Yes, we are supposed to be learning the lessons God has to teach us and preparing for when God gives us whatever it was we wanted (if it is in His will). We cannot predict the future. You don't know if whatever you desire will come tomorrow or today. But it is still a good idea to be prepared.

Upvote 0

stanneberg

Oct 7, 2005
Savannah, Georgia
✟7,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
george said:
I've been struggling with some things. and some old desires have come back. I don't quite understand.they always say. that if it ain't from God. it won't sick for long. but if it is. it won't go away. is that true? are we suppose to be doing something in the prosess to be ready for when he dose bless us? has anyone else had theses problems?
I'm going through this right now. I was called to the ministry at the age of 15. I'm now 44. I have had visions my entire life -- it took all this time and experience to see that it was indeed God calling me. I believe that the span of time was a combination of developing spiritually and satanic influence. The greatest obstacle I'm dealing with is discouragement. PM me anytime. I will try to encourage you if you do the same.

Stephen Tanneberg

Upvote 0
U

UnitynLove

When God When

We all want good things to happen in our lives but too often we want it now...not later. And when it doesn't happen that way, we are tempted to ask, "When, God, when?" Most of us need to grow in the area of trusting God instead of focusing on the when question. If you're missing joy and peace, you're not trusting in God. If your mind feels worn out all the time, you're not trusting God. The tendency to want to know about everything that's going on can be a detriment to your Christian walk. Sometimes knowing everything can be uncomfortable and can even hurt you. I spent a large part of my life impatient, frustrated, and disappointed because there were things I didn't know. God had to teach me to leave things alone to quit feeling that I needed to know everything. I finally learned to trust the One Who knows all things and to accept that some questions may never be answered. We prove that we trust God when we refuse to worry.

God wants us to live by discernment—revelation knowledge, not head knowledge. It's difficult to get discernment if you're always trying to figure out everything. But when you're willing to say, "God, I can't figure this out, so I'm going to trust You to give me revelation that will set me free," then you can be comfortable in spite of not knowing. Trusting God often requires not knowing how God is going to accomplish what needs to be done and not knowing when He will do it. We often say, God is never late, but generally He isn't early either. Why? Because He uses times of waiting to stretch our faith in Him, and to bring about change and growth in our lives.

WAIT WITH PATIENCE

We spend a lot of time in our lives waiting because change is a process. Many people want change in their lives, but they don't want to go through the waiting process. But the truth is, waiting is a given—we are going to wait. The question is are we going to wait the wrong or right way? If we wait the wrong way, we'll be miserable. But if we decide to wait God's way, we can become patient and enjoy the wait. It takes practice but as we let God help us in each situation, we develop patience, which is one of the most important Christian virtues. Patience is one of the fruits of the Spirit (see Galatians 5:22). Patience is developed only under trial, so we must not run from difficult situations. But let endurance and steadfastness and patience have full play and do a thorough work, so that you may be [people] perfectly and fully developed [with no defects], lacking in nothing (James 1:4). As we develop patience, the Bible says we finally feel completely satisfied lacking nothing. Even our relationship with God involves progressive changes. My relationship with God is so much different now than it was in the early days of my Christian experience. It is not nearly as emotionally exciting...and yet it is better. Every change I've gone through has made me more mature, solid, and well-grounded. We learn to trust God by going through many experiences that require trust. By seeing God's faithfulness over and over, we let go of trusting ourselves, and gradually we place our trust in Him. Looking at it like this, it is easy to see how timing plays an important part in learning to trust God. If He did everything we asked for immediately, we would never grow and develop. Timing and trust work side by side.

ACCEPT GOD"S TIMING

God gives us hopes and dreams for certain things to happen in our lives, but He doesn't always allow us to see the exact timing of His plan. Although frustrating, not knowing the exact timing is often what keeps us in the program. There are times when we might give up if we knew how long it was going to take, but when we accept God's timing, we can learn to live in hope and enjoy our lives while God is working on our problems. We know that God's plan for our lives is good, and when we trust ourselves to Him, we can experience total peace and happiness. The book of Genesis tells the story of Joseph, who waited many years for the fulfillment of the dream God had given him. He was falsely accused and imprisoned before the time came for him to do what God had shown him he was to do. Exodus 13:17, 18 tells us that God led the Israelites the longer, harder way on their journey to the Promised Land because He knew they were not yet ready to go in. There had to be time for their training, and they had to go through some very trying situations. They wasted a lot of time wondering about God's timing, but God never failed to take care of them and show them what He wanted them to do. The same is true in our lives. It was many years after I received my call from God in February of 1976 before I finally began to see major fulfillment of what God had called me to do. God's training period simply requires us to do what He tells us to do when He tells us to do it...without questioning or trying to figure out everything.

LEARN TO RELY ON GOD

Proverbs 16:9 says, A man's mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure. Proverbs 20:24 says, Man's steps are ordered by the Lord. How then can a man understand his way? When God directs our paths, He sometimes leads us in ways that don't make sense to us so we're not always going to understand everything. If we try to reason out everything, we will experience struggle, confusion, and misery. But there is a better way. Proverbs 3:5,6 says, Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths. This sounds so simple, yet too many people make the mistake of trying to figure out everything themselves. Most of us have spent our lives trying to take care of ourselves, but when we accept Christ as our Savior, we must learn to trust our lives to His care. When we do, we can say with the psalmist, ...I trusted in, relied on, and was confident in You, O Lord; I said, You are my God. My times are in Your hands...(Psalm 31:14,15). First Peter 5:5 tells us that ...God sets Himself against the proud (the insolent, the overbearing, the disdainful, the presumptuous, the boastful) [and He opposes, frustrates, and defeats them], but gives grace (favor, blessing) to the humble. Anyone who thinks they're a self-made man or woman has a rude awakening coming because Jesus said, ...apart from Me [cut off from vital union with Me] you can do nothing (John 15:5). Humility is a covering that draws the help of God into our lives to protect us. When we humble ourselves, saying, "God, I don't know what to do, but I'm trusting You," God gets in gear to help us. God won't allow us to succeed at anything unless we're leaning and relying on Him. But when we humble ourselves under the mighty hand of God, in due time He will exalt us (see 1 Peter 5:6). "Due time" is God's time when God knows we're ready, not when we think we're ready. The sooner we understand and accept that, the sooner God can work His plan in our lives.

FROM SEEDTIME TO HARVEST

Ecclesiastes 3:1 tells us: To everything there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under heaven. This let's us know that we all don't live in the same season at the same time. You should never be jealous of someone who is enjoying harvest while you're still in the planting season. Remember, they had to go through a season of planting just as you are. Seeing the results they are enjoying should be an encouragement to you. Understand and trust that God is doing the very best for you in your present season. Seedtime represents learning the will of God. Each time I choose God's will instead of my own, I'm planting a good seed that will eventually bring a harvest in my life. If you want to be victorious, you cannot afford to get pulled into the world's system, doing what you feel like doing. James 1:21 tells us what we should do: ...get rid of all uncleanness and the rampant outgrowth of wickedness, and in a humble (gentle, modest) spirit receive and welcome the Word which implanted and rooted [in your hearts] contains the power to save your souls.

Your soul is your mind, your will, and your emotions, and when the Word gets in there and gets rooted and begins to change your mind, it begins to heal your emotions and turn your will away from self-will to doing the will of God. Living out of one's own soul is equivalent to staying in the wilderness. When my flesh is finally crucified and I get out of my soul and into doing the will of God, that's when I enter the promised land. The promised land is knowing who you are in Christ, knowing how to fellowship with Him, enjoying His presence, and having peace, contentment, and joy. Between seedtime and harvest comes a time of waiting. After a seed is planted, the heat, moisture, and pressure of the ground finally cause the outer hull to crack open. Then roots shoot down, digging their way through the ground. It takes time for this to happen and it takes place underground. Above the ground, you can't tell anything is happening. That's the way our lives are. After we plant seeds of obedience, we feel like nothing is happening, but all kinds of things are happening inside where we can't see. And like the seed that finally bursts through the ground with a beautiful green shoot, our seeds of obedience finally break forth into a beautiful manifestation of God in our lives. When harvest time comes, the desires of your heart begin to manifest-bondages fall off you and you see your dreams come to pass. You see your kids changing and your family getting saved. Prosperity, favor, promotion, honor, and all kinds of good things come out in the open where they can be seen. In harvest time, more than ever before, you hear from God, you enjoy His presence, and you're led by the Spirit. Blessings begin to chase you down the street, and joy and calm delight become your normal mood. Are you tired of waiting for harvest time in your life? Are you frustrated...crying out, "When, God, when?" Then you need to understand that God's timing is often a mystery. He doesn't do things on our timetable. Yet His Word promises that He will not be late, not one single day. But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day! (Habakkuk 2:3 TLB). God causes things to happen at exactly the right time! Your job is not to figure out when but to make up your mind that you won't give up until you cross the finish line and are living in the radical, outrageous blessings of God! The more you trust Jesus and keep your eyes focused on Him, the more life you'll have. Trusting God brings life. Believing brings rest. So stop trying to figure out everything, and let God be God in your life.

Upvote 0

george

Veteran
Mar 29, 2002
springfield,ky
Visit site
✟2,406.00
Faith
Non-Denom
UnitynLove said:
When God When

We all want good things to happen in our lives but too often we want it now...not later. And when it doesn't happen that way, we are tempted to ask, "When, God, when?" Most of us need to grow in the area of trusting God instead of focusing on the when question. If you're missing joy and peace, you're not trusting in God. If your mind feels worn out all the time, you're not trusting God. The tendency to want to know about everything that's going on can be a detriment to your Christian walk. Sometimes knowing everything can be uncomfortable and can even hurt you. I spent a large part of my life impatient, frustrated, and disappointed because there were things I didn't know. God had to teach me to leave things alone to quit feeling that I needed to know everything. I finally learned to trust the One Who knows all things and to accept that some questions may never be answered. We prove that we trust God when we refuse to worry.

God wants us to live by discernment—revelation knowledge, not head knowledge. It's difficult to get discernment if you're always trying to figure out everything. But when you're willing to say, "God, I can't figure this out, so I'm going to trust You to give me revelation that will set me free," then you can be comfortable in spite of not knowing. Trusting God often requires not knowing how God is going to accomplish what needs to be done and not knowing when He will do it. We often say, God is never late, but generally He isn't early either. Why? Because He uses times of waiting to stretch our faith in Him, and to bring about change and growth in our lives.

WAIT WITH PATIENCE

We spend a lot of time in our lives waiting because change is a process. Many people want change in their lives, but they don't want to go through the waiting process. But the truth is, waiting is a given—we are going to wait. The question is are we going to wait the wrong or right way? If we wait the wrong way, we'll be miserable. But if we decide to wait God's way, we can become patient and enjoy the wait. It takes practice but as we let God help us in each situation, we develop patience, which is one of the most important Christian virtues. Patience is one of the fruits of the Spirit (see Galatians 5:22). Patience is developed only under trial, so we must not run from difficult situations. But let endurance and steadfastness and patience have full play and do a thorough work, so that you may be [people] perfectly and fully developed [with no defects], lacking in nothing (James 1:4). As we develop patience, the Bible says we finally feel completely satisfied lacking nothing. Even our relationship with God involves progressive changes. My relationship with God is so much different now than it was in the early days of my Christian experience. It is not nearly as emotionally exciting...and yet it is better. Every change I've gone through has made me more mature, solid, and well-grounded. We learn to trust God by going through many experiences that require trust. By seeing God's faithfulness over and over, we let go of trusting ourselves, and gradually we place our trust in Him. Looking at it like this, it is easy to see how timing plays an important part in learning to trust God. If He did everything we asked for immediately, we would never grow and develop. Timing and trust work side by side.

ACCEPT GOD"S TIMING

God gives us hopes and dreams for certain things to happen in our lives, but He doesn't always allow us to see the exact timing of His plan. Although frustrating, not knowing the exact timing is often what keeps us in the program. There are times when we might give up if we knew how long it was going to take, but when we accept God's timing, we can learn to live in hope and enjoy our lives while God is working on our problems. We know that God's plan for our lives is good, and when we trust ourselves to Him, we can experience total peace and happiness. The book of Genesis tells the story of Joseph, who waited many years for the fulfillment of the dream God had given him. He was falsely accused and imprisoned before the time came for him to do what God had shown him he was to do. Exodus 13:17, 18 tells us that God led the Israelites the longer, harder way on their journey to the Promised Land because He knew they were not yet ready to go in. There had to be time for their training, and they had to go through some very trying situations. They wasted a lot of time wondering about God's timing, but God never failed to take care of them and show them what He wanted them to do. The same is true in our lives. It was many years after I received my call from God in February of 1976 before I finally began to see major fulfillment of what God had called me to do. God's training period simply requires us to do what He tells us to do when He tells us to do it...without questioning or trying to figure out everything.

LEARN TO RELY ON GOD

Proverbs 16:9 says, A man's mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure. Proverbs 20:24 says, Man's steps are ordered by the Lord. How then can a man understand his way? When God directs our paths, He sometimes leads us in ways that don't make sense to us so we're not always going to understand everything. If we try to reason out everything, we will experience struggle, confusion, and misery. But there is a better way. Proverbs 3:5,6 says, Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths. This sounds so simple, yet too many people make the mistake of trying to figure out everything themselves. Most of us have spent our lives trying to take care of ourselves, but when we accept Christ as our Savior, we must learn to trust our lives to His care. When we do, we can say with the psalmist, ...I trusted in, relied on, and was confident in You, O Lord; I said, You are my God. My times are in Your hands...(Psalm 31:14,15). First Peter 5:5 tells us that ...God sets Himself against the proud (the insolent, the overbearing, the disdainful, the presumptuous, the boastful) [and He opposes, frustrates, and defeats them], but gives grace (favor, blessing) to the humble. Anyone who thinks they're a self-made man or woman has a rude awakening coming because Jesus said, ...apart from Me [cut off from vital union with Me] you can do nothing (John 15:5). Humility is a covering that draws the help of God into our lives to protect us. When we humble ourselves, saying, "God, I don't know what to do, but I'm trusting You," God gets in gear to help us. God won't allow us to succeed at anything unless we're leaning and relying on Him. But when we humble ourselves under the mighty hand of God, in due time He will exalt us (see 1 Peter 5:6). "Due time" is God's time when God knows we're ready, not when we think we're ready. The sooner we understand and accept that, the sooner God can work His plan in our lives.

FROM SEEDTIME TO HARVEST

Ecclesiastes 3:1 tells us: To everything there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under heaven. This let's us know that we all don't live in the same season at the same time. You should never be jealous of someone who is enjoying harvest while you're still in the planting season. Remember, they had to go through a season of planting just as you are. Seeing the results they are enjoying should be an encouragement to you. Understand and trust that God is doing the very best for you in your present season. Seedtime represents learning the will of God. Each time I choose God's will instead of my own, I'm planting a good seed that will eventually bring a harvest in my life. If you want to be victorious, you cannot afford to get pulled into the world's system, doing what you feel like doing. James 1:21 tells us what we should do: ...get rid of all uncleanness and the rampant outgrowth of wickedness, and in a humble (gentle, modest) spirit receive and welcome the Word which implanted and rooted [in your hearts] contains the power to save your souls.

Your soul is your mind, your will, and your emotions, and when the Word gets in there and gets rooted and begins to change your mind, it begins to heal your emotions and turn your will away from self-will to doing the will of God. Living out of one's own soul is equivalent to staying in the wilderness. When my flesh is finally crucified and I get out of my soul and into doing the will of God, that's when I enter the promised land. The promised land is knowing who you are in Christ, knowing how to fellowship with Him, enjoying His presence, and having peace, contentment, and joy. Between seedtime and harvest comes a time of waiting. After a seed is planted, the heat, moisture, and pressure of the ground finally cause the outer hull to crack open. Then roots shoot down, digging their way through the ground. It takes time for this to happen and it takes place underground. Above the ground, you can't tell anything is happening. That's the way our lives are. After we plant seeds of obedience, we feel like nothing is happening, but all kinds of things are happening inside where we can't see. And like the seed that finally bursts through the ground with a beautiful green shoot, our seeds of obedience finally break forth into a beautiful manifestation of God in our lives. When harvest time comes, the desires of your heart begin to manifest-bondages fall off you and you see your dreams come to pass. You see your kids changing and your family getting saved. Prosperity, favor, promotion, honor, and all kinds of good things come out in the open where they can be seen. In harvest time, more than ever before, you hear from God, you enjoy His presence, and you're led by the Spirit. Blessings begin to chase you down the street, and joy and calm delight become your normal mood. Are you tired of waiting for harvest time in your life? Are you frustrated...crying out, "When, God, when?" Then you need to understand that God's timing is often a mystery. He doesn't do things on our timetable. Yet His Word promises that He will not be late, not one single day. But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day! (Habakkuk 2:3 TLB). God causes things to happen at exactly the right time! Your job is not to figure out when but to make up your mind that you won't give up until you cross the finish line and are living in the radical, outrageous blessings of God! The more you trust Jesus and keep your eyes focused on Him, the more life you'll have. Trusting God brings life. Believing brings rest. So stop trying to figure out everything, and let God be God in your life.

unitynLove...I love your writings.:thumbsup: are you a writer? cause I can see you have a love and passion for wtiting. thanks for the insights. you spoke to me in many ways. thanks.:wave:

Upvote 0

RomanPrincess

Jan 8, 2006
✟8,120.00
Faith
Christian
Because a person may not be ready for that desire to come to life yet...God has alot of work to do on that person to get them prepaired and ready to the level one needs to be at to live out that desire.Wait for the right time to accept things to happen....wait for God's timing and Gods way.If that's what God wants for you then it will happen,but not until God has gotten that person ready for it.

Upvote 0

Im-revived

Working for God, through our Lord.
May 5, 2005
England
✟7,494.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
UK-Labour
I think you've answered yor own question. We are given warnings, so we can pray and prepare the way for the Lord to work.

Amen

george said:
...he's ready to open the door or bless us with them. for example. he told abraham way in advance, that he would give him a son. but it took years for it to happen. if God wasn't ready for him to have this, then why didn't he wait till he was going to bless abraham to put the desire on his heart.

this is not just the situation with abraham, but things in general. like for example. if God was calling one to preach or teach, or leave his/her job to do full time mission work. then if he didn't put that desire on their hearts. then why would it still be their. and why hasn't any doors been open?why wouldn't God wait to put that desire on our hearts. when he was about to give it to us?

Upvote 0
A

Anti Existance

Desires are the road to trouble. Whenever you want something in life, troubles will follow.

Become free of desires. All these worldly things, when you die you can only bring Love and what you have learned beyond the grave. Why would you desire all those other things? Desire as much as you want, the only thing that will appear is emptyness. In this universe there is nothing but only one thing that can make you happy which is love.

Upvote 0

Mr.Cheese

Legend
Apr 14, 2002
✟21,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God working in our lives must occur as we live life. It's not a magic pressing of a button, rather it is an unfolding that occurs as we pass through time, living our lives.
God had to shape Abraham, assemble the necessary circumstances in his life, get him where Abraham needed to be. Abraham had to cooperate with God and be patient, believeing that God was accomplishing what he said he would.
It ain't easy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
G

Godislove94

I love this post and it has been helpful to me recently. Indeed I do believe that God has confirmed that what has been in my heart so strongly since the beginning of my Christian walk is indeed what He desires for me in this life and right now I'm weeping with joy at the realization and confirmations I'm getting. The only thing that is disturbing to me is this: I have heard stories from other Christians about God-given desires that end up never coming to pass (ex: women who want so badly to be married but end up alone in their '50's, etc.) and I'm terrified that this may end up happening to me. It's not only heartbreaking but also has me curious: why does God bless some people with the realization of dreams but not others? And why does it seem like God takes a dream away from someone and gives it to someone close to them instead of the person who's heart they were put into? Or is this even something that God does? If anyone here has commented on my posts, they will know something about what I've been going through and what initally brought me to faith in Christ...I'm just really worried and even though I now feel joy about it, I'm beginning to wonder why God would choose to bless me and not someone else, and will this even be what I anticipated? Wondering also if God isn't giving it to me just to satisfy a fleshly desire even if He knows it isn't good for me (like a parent giving in after a kid has a very long, intense temper tantrum)? *scratches head*

Upvote 0

John MacK

Jul 30, 2013
✟16,893.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private

I have the exact same problem. I am still a student and for the last two years have struggled, and I mean struggled, with trying to figure out what it is I want to do with my life and what kind of job I wanted. Then I realized that it isn't up to me, it's up to God who has already determined my plan. So I stopped trying to chart my own course, and I just cleared my mind, prayed, and the most important thing was figuring out what desire of mine was the most important to me. What I realized is my dream isn't to have the perfect job, or a lot of money...etc. It was to have a family. Now since I'm still in college I'm a long way away from that, but that's my goal, that's my desire, and so I have since set up a path that will best help me to achieve that goal.

Since then I haven't faced any roadblocks like I did before, it has been smooth sailing and everything seems to be falling into place. So is that the desire that God wants for me? I think so, but if not I know that he will guide me along the path that he has made for me either way. Lastly, no matter what your desires are, know this:

"Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart" Psalm 37:4

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

ValorWoman4Jesus

Site Supporter
Oct 25, 2013
USA
✟50,415.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I struggle with having dreams and desires that are great, yet also dealing with them being seemingly out of reach. I tend to have dreams and desires that are way beyond my ability to attain them. When I try for some of them, I feel as though I am not worthy or important enough to realize the dream. Yes I believe in the God of the impossible. The God who can open doors that no man can close. God is in the business of giving people impossible missions. Just look what He did with Moses. God actually chastised him for doubting his calling. I pray to God that I do not doubt, but believe He will make my important dreams come true.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
We can get too concerned with God making at all happen while ignoring our responsibilities to think, get information, consult others and weigh possible options prayerfully.

Also, not all our desires at any given time are in line with what may become better of even different ones later in our lives as our own circumstances and maturity change.

God can get 'blamed' for things that are very much in our camp in many respects.

John
NZ

Upvote 0