myjourney

Aug 26, 2014
✟7,612.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
risenpath.com/why-does-god
If God is a merciful God, if He can bestow grace upon an individual, then the atheist would ask why is it that He does not to those who truly need or deserve it? Why is it that God allows the most innocent to suffer and then die? Why does He not simply come down from His place on high and just set the record straight?

Well to answer the last question, He already has. Not everyone was listening. This takes us back to the previous questions and the very reason why we are “separated” from God in this physical world.
Of all the creations that God created there is only one that He created with a soul. What is a soul? It is the part of us that is immortal and will not die. It has the ability to receive and contain the Holy Spirit of God. As much as Lucifer himself sought to “become like the most high” even Lucifer does not have this ability. Man was God's greatest creation. Man was God's most perfect creation. We possess the ability to come closer to God than any other creation. Why did God make us this way? God did not want servants, rather He wanted a relationship.

I hoped that this article would help someone. I have a daughter that will soon be undergoing surgery for a condition that she has faced since she was 9 months old. She is now 10 and has been fighting this condition for a long time. She has asked me many times "why did God let me be like this?". This article sums up so much as to the adversity we face in life. I hope that someone here will find it encouraging.

Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
... She has asked me many times "why did God let me be like this?" ...
The book of the Bible that is known to be of the OLDEST origin seems to have this very thing as its theme, purpose and lesson. Job was a man like no other, and few in all history have had such a status with God. Yet, Job was the object of the worst case of this type of thing.

Job did not know why such bad things happened to him. Some of his friends came to help him, comfort him, and ended up merely trying to get him to admit he was receiving some sort of deserved punishment from God. It had long been accepted as truth that bad things like that were ALWAYS a punishment from God for some iniquity in the person who was suffering.

All the world seems to think there was some bad thing Job did after all this had been upon him, but God did not say that. That is merely the error of people who do not take the word as it is written. God corrects Job concerning his speaking from ignorance, but does not accuse him of wickedness of any sort.

We MUST remain faithful to God, or we chance falling into the trap of the devil. It was Satan specifically that caused Job's problem, and it was upon the position God took, and the boasting He did on Job's behalf that put him in the cross-hairs of Satan's focus to discredit God. Besides this possibility, there are things we bring upon ourselves, and call them the work of Satan or the will of God. We find ourselves demanding that God answer for what has befallen us, and sometimes it is WE who should be answering.

Our world, and western culture specifically, has made many advances that are responsible for improving life and extending our time here, from what it was is past centuries. This, also, has caused a new surge of certain diseases and disorders, simply because of our overuse of chemicals. It has been said that we now have the condition that MOST disease and disorder is caused by Toxins (poison) in our body, and the Number One Source of toxins in our body is Prescription and Non-Prescription drugs. (Don't forget that vaccines are a known cause as well.) We voluntarily take in chemicals that kill some people in that dosage. I do not know of ANYONE who gets a headache because of an Aspirin deficiency, but people pop these pills, sometimes daily. It is reported that a couple hundred thousand people DIE yearly from taking the normal dosage of Aspirin. It gets worse from there.

Did God bring illness to us and our loved ones, or did WE? Search beyond the emotional reaction of, "WHY DID GOD ALLOW...?" If God allowed it, there was a good reason. We do not need to know the reason, but we should seek His help regardless. One preacher had stated that, if we continue to allow our family to stand in the way of us coming to Him, He may just take that obstacle out of our way. Pray the LORD work in our hearts before that EVER be required for God to properly direct us in His will.

Last edited:
Upvote 0